Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,511 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:52 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (879982 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jacobian01(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2021
Please I need your urgent reply, what did you do solve this problem. This how my car is doing I'm tired
adeinfinit:
Good evening.
What could be the cause of ignition coil on Honda civic 07 that keeps going bad. When one coil goes bad, the car would just not accelerate in motion. I would have to switch off engine and put on again then it moves. The last one I changed, the car wasn't accelerating at all and the check engine light was blinking.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AstroG: 10:55pm On May 12, 2021
jacobian01:
Good evening here, I'm currently having issue with my Honda Civic 2009 model. The car will just stop accelerating while in motion and the engine will not off, it will not raise while matching the throttle, if I off the engine and I some minutes I will work when I on the ignition again. Please what could be the culprit. I have changed fuel pump three times.

Am not a mechanic,but I did advice you to scan your car and post the codes here for quick interpretation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AstroG: 10:56pm On May 12, 2021
Am not a mechanic,but I did advice everybody having issues with their cars to scan their car and post the codes here for quick interpretation

Thank YOu
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2021
jacobian01:
Good evening here, I'm currently having issue with my Honda Civic 2009 model. The car will just stop accelerating while in motion and the engine will not off, it will not raise while matching the throttle, if I off the engine and I some minutes I will work when I on the ignition again. Please what could be the culprit. I have changed fuel pump three times.

Could be a problem with your Throttle body or Mass Airflow

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by joshcurrent(m): 11:58pm On May 12, 2021
I need one too, where can I get it [/quote]
In Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by NobleEngineer(m): 6:06am On May 13, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:48am On May 13, 2021
jacobian01:

Do you have any check engine or blinking light on the dashboard?

Could be gear, VTech assembly or throttle body
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2021
jacobian01:
Please I need your urgent reply, what did you do solve this problem. This how my car is doing I'm tired

Always ensure that you have coolant/water in your radiator. The last time it happened, the mechanic who help fix my bumper forget to fill up my radiator. The car overheated and spoilt one of the coil. I have been fine since then. Tho I always have an extra coil in my car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flames000(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2021
adeinfinit:
Happy Holidays!

I am experiencing a continuous flunctuating rpm (it suddenly goes up and sometimes takes a while before returning to normal) on my 07 Honda civic both while in idle and in motion. Throttle body has been changed, Cam shaft sensor cleaned. Car has been scanned and currently no codes.
I need help with possible solution or a competent mechanic around Ojodu berger. Thanks

Had this issue for a while now.. p0507 was the issue..
Civics are very sensitive especially after using the carb. Cleaner to clean the throttle body.. the RPM on idle is usually higher and fluctuates as well...
You should clean the sensor.. but not with a Carbon cleaner.. use fuel and leave it to dry completely before replacing (and if that doesn't work, it should be changed). Then when u install it, you have to relearn the position of it. Check it up on YouTube.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2021
Flames000:

Had this issue for a while now.. p0507 was the issue..
Civics are very sensitive especially after using the carb. Cleaner to clean the throttle body.. the RPM on idle is usually higher and fluctuates as well...
You should clean the sensor.. but not with a Carbon cleaner.. use fuel and leave it to dry completely before replacing (and if that doesn't work, it should be changed). Then when u install it, you have to relearn the position of it. Check it up on YouTube.

Which sensor please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2021
jacobian01:

Brain box.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jacobian01(m): 8:28am On May 15, 2021
I got solution to o my car's problem yesterday through this thread, my appreciation goes to @Adeinfinit and everyone that contributed, thank you all I'm really grateful! I changed two of my coils.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2021
Good work everyone..more power to ur elbow.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 10:48am On May 15, 2021
jacobian01:
I got solution to o my car's problem yesterday through this thread, my appreciation goes to @Adeinfinit and everyone that contributed, thank you all I'm really grateful! I changed two of my coils.

Oya come and pay us oooo.we ur mechanic ,sango cemetery
Na 50k

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jacobian01(m): 11:11pm On May 15, 2021
Thank you oo my boss
Eldemmi:

Oya come and pay us oooo.we ur mechanic ,sango cemetery
Na 50k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 81HECTORS(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2021
Good Afternoon all, please i need someone to explain the meaning of -2106 on my dash. My car is a 2009 civic.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 81HECTORS(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2021
81HECTORS:
Good Afternoon all, please i need someone to explain the meaning of -2106 on my dash. My car is a 2009 civic.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2021
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2021
[quote author=81HECTORS post=101746238][/quote]

It is service reminder.
It means u have drive d car for 2106km since it due for service.
Also you must clear or reset the the code any time you service d car or else it will keep counting it even if u service it everyday.
Watch how to reset d code on youtube
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 81HECTORS(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2021
Thanks, i will check you tube cos d car was just serviced. The car accelerates on its own when in idle, what could be the cause? Someone suggested i change the engine but the cost (180k)no be wetin them they take vex buy. Abi make i change the rings? Pros i need your advice please.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OfficialSam(m): 6:20am On May 17, 2021
dicksonadams:
@luvinhubby, how muxh should I budget of Honda accord 2007 transmission and engine replacement, I want to buy a naija use and need to prepare for the worst

Pls someone should answer this question. It's important. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Hello, please anyone with an idea of how much for engine oil sump for Honda Accord 2008 model
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aieromon(m): 11:54am On May 17, 2021
81HECTORS:
Thanks, i will check you tube cos d car was just serviced. The car accelerates on its own when in idle, what could be the cause? Someone suggested i change the engine but the cost (180k)no be wetin them they take vex buy. Abi make i change the rings? Pros i need your advice please.

From the picture, RPM at idle is on the high side. Scan for error codes first.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 12:22pm On May 17, 2021
OfficialSam:

Pls someone should answer this question. It's important. Thanks

Engine 120k-150k
Transmission 100k-140k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DMechyy: 6:30am On May 18, 2021
81HECTORS:

Scan the vehicle and post code. Throwing parts at the car will lead to expensive repair

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:44am On May 18, 2021
Eldemmi:

Engine 120k-150k
Transmission 100k-140k

Is it for complete engine or half engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 3:30pm On May 18, 2021
Eldemmi:

Engine 120k-150k
Transmission 100k-140k

Complete engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Midoda: 3:34pm On May 18, 2021
Eldemmi:

Engine 120k-150k
Transmission 100k-140k

Engine 150k ke..........are you sure
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 3:55pm On May 18, 2021
Midoda:

Engine 150k ke..........are you sure

Yes sir Honda k24 engine before covid a friend March 2020 bought clean one 110k.
Ibadan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 4:24pm On May 18, 2021
Eldemmi:

Yes sir Honda k24 engine before covid a friend March 2020 bought clean one 110k.
Ibadan.

Na rework engine or appearance then give am.

Try that engine and gearbox now make we know na
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eldemmi(m): 4:48pm On May 18, 2021
kingreign:

Na rework engine or appearance then give am.

Try that engine and gearbox now make we know na
Lol no.. I actually saw the engine myself. Very clean and worked very well.
That place is around eleyele in ibadan they sell tokunbo engine.
He is even not d first person I know that but engine from there.
We bought Honda halla engine there as well .. going to two years now.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tunamenga(m): 5:14am On May 19, 2021
Are you talking about Alhaji Wasiu? He just moved to his newly completed shop along the road but still maintain the one at NATA village. I bought my engine there and people have testimonies there as well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (430) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Dahniyel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.