Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888991 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yak(m): 11:16am On Jul 24, 2021
kolagbemi:
Guru in the house.....i have this question. What is wrong in buying Honda car as your first low budget car.

Everyone advise me against buying a Honda Car. Only reason given is leg pulling and low resale value.

Please advise me....Honda cars seem to be the only car i can afford that worth the value.

Suggestions on car or model will be appreciated.

The only reason a friend (who's using Honda Pilot) gave me is that Honda cars don't tolerate abuses as much as Toyotas do. According to him, once you notice any fault in Honda, your best and only option is to get it fixed that moment unlike Toyota that could still run *till month end*
I don't know what that means anyway!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
yak:

The only reason a friend (who's using Honda Pilot) gave me is that Honda cars don't tolerate abuses as much as Toyotas do. According to him, once you notice any fault in Honda, your best and only option is to get it fixed that moment unlike Toyota that could still run *till month end*
it helps you cultivate a good maintainance culture.in Nig esp we base our judgment most times on what people say rather than doing our findings and making a conclusion.i was advised not to get a honda by a mech on nairaland,I went ahead and it is the best decision I made.i never touch engine or gear for 3 years plus and am on my 3rd honda car.i will sell and get anoda honda before year end.its a good car,dont let anyone tell you otherwise.toyota is good too.but I prefer honda

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yak(m): 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
it helps you cultivate a good maintainance culture.in Nig esp we base our judgment most times on what people say rather than doing our findings and making a conclusion.i was advised not to get a honda by a mech on nairaland,I went ahead and it is the best decision I made.i never touch engine or gear for 3 years plus and am on my 3rd honda car.i will sell and get anoda honda before year end.its a good car,dont let anyone tell you otherwise.toyota is good too.but I prefer honda

Personally, I like the smart look of Civic.
I may consider a Nigerian used 05 Civic when I'm ready.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kolagbemi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
Thanks.
yak:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peterlove11: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:

Same here ......I have used Toyota before using my current car(Honda). People always say why Honda, but I can assure you it has given me peace of mine, I have been driving my Honda everyday for more than 2years. When I bought it , it was shorting oil then with power steering stiffness along with some minor issues which have been fixed. Infact if I had spent the money used on my Toyota during my short stint with it, on my current car, the Honda would have become tokunbo grade by now. Very strong and reliable. I am thinking of a car for my wife which will most likely be Honda. My experience with Honda has been good.
Only God knows the kind of vehicle we will have in the future with the increase in technology and Electric vehicles. I hope Toyota and Honda join the raise for EV cars as soon as possible. The more the competition, the merrier for us consumers

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2021
Can someone please advise best low budget engine oil for Honda Accord 2008?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2021
turok:
Palm oyel, groundnut oyel.
angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GreekDon: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2021
turok:

Your best option is Honda's synthetic blend. You can contact Rowland for the current price. Used to be N2,500 per quart 2 years ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2021
turok:

Low budget engine oil will ruin your engine life. There's a reason the manufacturer specified 5W 20 or 5W 30.
I know times are hard but just try to save up for quality engine oil for your car.
Regards

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2021
GreekDon:

Your best option is Honda's synthetic blend. You can contact Rowland for the current price. Used to be N2,500 per quart 2 years ago.

turok:

It's now N2800 per can and you need 5 cans.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2021
Structuralman:

It's now N2800 per can and you need 5 cans.

It's N3,000 per liter can currently, US inflation things.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Deigofortune: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2021
Hello house ...please my honda civic 2006 fuel gauge is not reading... And all they front lights is not showing , pls house any suggestions to get it fix... Plus they engine oil dey short oil too..!! undecided
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
I am in Delta state.

Can you please upload the pics let me check for it around here please.

luvinhubby:

It's N3,000 per liter can currently, US inflation things.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
I don buy from ur mother. Ekpa na

kingreign:

Palm oyel, groundnut oyel.
angry angry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
turok:
I don buy from ur mother. Ekpa na

A very ștűpid ïdíotic vagabond that you are is the reason for bringing in your innocent mother into this discuss. Little wonder why you bělľeńd decide to opt for cheap oil for a modern car.

Rubbish and ingredients.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2021
U b goat.... So if I opt for a cheaper engine for some reasons best known to me. Does it warrant you of asking me to use palm oil or ground nut oil? Moreso it is compulsory you must respond to every post? Now I don tell u only small word.... U don de cry like overgrown baby. The engine oil I was using for my car, I no sure if you go fit save for am for a whole year.

kingreign:

A very ștűpid ïdíotic vagabond that you are is the reason for bringing in your innocent mother into this discuss. Little wonder why you bělľeńd decide to opt for cheap oil for a modern car.

Rubbish and ingredients.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
turok:
U b goat.... So if I opt for a cheaper engine for some reasons best known to me. Does it warrant you of asking me to use palm oil or ground nut oil? Moreso it is compulsory you must respond to every post? Now I don tell u only small word.... U don de cry like overgrown baby. The engine oil I was using for my car, I no sure if you go fit save for am for a whole year.

Ïdíotic talk.
Go use Palm oyel.
E even cost pass your annual income na. Weyreyoshi.
Nonsense and ingredients.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ordinary Oil you no fit spell. �

kingreign:

Ïdíotic talk.
Go use Palm oyel.
E even cost pass your annual income na. Weyreyoshi.
Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2021
turok:
Ordinary Oil you no fit spell. �

The last time I checked, you didn't complete primary school. So who's more educated? Obviously, me!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
Oh nairaland and Warfare.... Lawd why angry

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
dicksonadams:
grin

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mejai(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
dicksonadams:
Never mind! Shebi we r used to such

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
turok:
I am in Delta state.

Can you please upload the pics let me check for it around here please.

Send me a Whatsapp chat on 08099451504
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
dicksonadams:

Some people don't know how take jokes that's why I try to avoid it completely
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Peterlove11:

Same here ......I have used Toyota before using my current car(Honda). People always say why Honda, but I can assure you it has given me peace of mine, I have been driving my Honda everyday for more than 2years. When I bought it , it was shorting oil then with power steering stiffness along with some minor issues which have been fixed. Infact if I had spent the money used on my Toyota during my short stint with it, on my current car, the Honda would have become tokunbo grade by now. Very strong and reliable. I am thinking of a car for my wife which will most likely be Honda. My experience with Honda has been good.
Only God knows the kind of vehicle we will have in the future with the increase in technology and Electric vehicles. I hope Toyota and Honda join the raise for EV cars as soon as possible. The more the competition, the merrier for us consumers

Which one are you using??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
Please I noticed the Battery light of my light take a lo get time before going g off and when he does the sound of my car engine changes. Happens sometimes not all the time. Whay could be wrong?

Also, there is been a lot of noise when am driving my car. I have changed thr bearing for rhr hub and still same. What could be wrong?

Please how much is original leakage and shock absorber?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2021
temi4fash:
Please I noticed the Battery light of my light take a lo get time before going g off and when he does the sound of my car engine changes. Happens sometimes not all the time. Whay could be wrong?

Also, there is been a lot of noise when am driving my car. I have changed thr bearing for rhr hub and still same. What could be wrong?

Are you typing from a beer parlour?

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 1:04am On Jul 27, 2021
Kingdemu:

Lol
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2021
Please who can tell me what this symbol means? I noticed it yesterday on my dash...

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by HottieCoach(f): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2021
temi4fash:

Replace alternator
Do a suspension diagnosis

Shocks for what car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2021
Kingdemu:

No sir... Autocorrect

Please I noticed the Battery light of my Car take a long time before going off and when it does the sound of my car engine changes. More like its taking time to come up. Happens sometimes not all the time. What could be wrong?

Also, there is been a lot of noise when am driving my car. I have changed the bearing for the hub and still same. What could be wrong?

Please how much is original leakage and shock absorber for Honda City 2007.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ephort: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hey guys. I recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord (EOD) and would love to change the fluids starting from the engine oil. Can anybody advise on where I can get a good Honda 5w20 engine oil in Abuja? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 234GT(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.