Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,882 members, 7,806,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888234 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
sniperwolf:
I own a 2006 Honda Civic (Automatic) and my car has the following issues:

1. Occasionally, the "grin light" on the dashboard blinks while driving instead to be stable.

2. When it does that, and I shift the gear to any position ( D2, D3 or R), it will engage, but the indicator will be both in "grin" and any other position shifted to.

3. Whenever I experience the situation in 1 above, while driving it jerks heavily when approaching 30-40 Km/hr.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of changing the gearbox, but I need expert advice on this forum 1st

cc: GAZZUZZ, luvinhubby
Get a decent rewire that will help you service the gear cellunoid switches first, replace your ATF & observe.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
Greg007:
gud morning guys. I'm new here and going tru d comment I knw I can ve a gud advice here. I want to buy a honda accord 2011 or 2012, but ppl keep on telling me dey always have issues. I want to knw if its advisable to buy any of this cars and wat are dia major problems. note this will b my first car so I really need a gud advice. thanks waiting for ur reply.
Great driving experience, just make sure you use the right fluids or oil for your engine, gear, radiator & steering.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Greg007:
gud morning guys. I'm new here and going tru d comment I knw I can ve a gud advice here. I want to buy a honda accord 2011 or 2012, but ppl keep on telling me dey always have issues. I want to knw if its advisable to buy any of this cars and wat are dia major problems. note this will b my first car so I really need a gud advice. thanks waiting for ur reply.

Irrespective of the car you decide to buy, people will always have something negative to say about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion what matters is, on what basis do they place their opinion on?

In other news, the car in question is cool and has got some toys to play around with. Being a Honda, proper maintenance culture has to be adhered to.

NB: the above is my unbiased opinion to the subject matter

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Greg007(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
thanks so much for d reply. but I also wonna knw abt d tyre DAT usually pools off in honda I ve seen this in some many honda. I wonna knw if this accord has d problem also and wat usually causes DAT problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Greg007:
thanks so much for d reply. but I also wonna knw abt d tyre DAT usually pools off in honda I ve seen this in some many honda. I wonna knw if this accord has d problem also and wat usually causes DAT problem.
The legs are very reliable.
The pulling of Honda tyres is factor related to cheap China cloned ball joints in particular.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 7:32am On Jun 30, 2015
sniperwolf:
I own a 2006 Honda Civic (Automatic) and my car has the following issues:

1. Occasionally, the "grin light" on the dashboard blinks while driving instead to be stable.

2. When it does that, and I shift the gear to any position ( D2, D3 or R), it will engage, but the indicator will be both in "grin" and any other position shifted to.

3. Whenever I experience the situation in 1 above, while driving it jerks heavily when approaching 30-40 Km/hr.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of changing the gearbox, but I need expert advice on this forum 1st

cc: GAZZUZZ, luvinhubby
i had a similar experience minus the jerking at 40km/hr. It was my gear sensor. You can get it checked. All the best
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Falconblue: 8:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
whytegirl:

How much were the ceramic pads please?

For my car, it cost 7k

Front pads
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sniperwolf(m): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
luvinhubby:

Get a decent rewire that will help you service the gear cellunoid switches first, replace your ATF & observe.

GAZZUZZ:

Come for a scan before you have it replaced, it might be a faulty solenoid or speed sensor

Scan results:

P0141 HO2S (B1) S2: Heater Circuit Malfunction.

P0532 A/C Pressure: Sensor Voltage Low.

P0325 Knock Sensor: Circuit Malfunction.

P0113 IAT Sensor: Circuit High Voltage.

P0102 MAF Sensor: Voltage Low.

P1659 ETCS Control: Relay Off Malfunction.

Help me analyze each of the 6 results
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sniperwolf(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Come for a scan before you have it replaced, it might be a faulty solenoid or speed sensor

GAZZUZZ:

Scan results:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
sniperwolf:

Scan results:

Obviously nothing wrong with ur gear.

Knock sensor, and Etcs are you major issues affecting your transmission (I'm not saying the rest are not important)

If in lagos, give me a call 08023251039
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sniperwolf(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Obviously nothing wrong with ur gear.

Knock sensor, and Etcs are you major issues affecting your transmission (I'm not saying the rest are not important)

If in lagos, give me a call 08023251039

I'm in Owerri, what do I tell the local mechanics here?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Oil is available online, konga but please don't buy milemaster. If you contact me I can arrange mobil1 5w20 or 5w30.

What is wrong with Milemaster eh?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mexxy1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
lexio:

What is wrong with Milemaster eh?
Nothing sir. That's what I use on my vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sainaF: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello all please I'm a female, I also have this problem on my Honda Accord 03 model.Now when I'm driving I notice a sound like iron rubbing somewhere especially when I'm slowing down. The mechanic checked and adjusted the new shaft but I stil notice the rubbing underneath as if it's under d throttle or wheels it disturbs my mind greatly. Also where can I get ORIGINAL oem ball joint the part that pulls out normally for hondas. Please help!!!@ GAZZUZZ @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
sainaF:
Hello all please I'm a female, I also have this problem on my Honda Accord 03 model.Now when I'm driving I notice a sound like iron rubbing somewhere especially when I'm slowing down. The mechanic checked and adjusted the new shaft but I stil notice the rubbing underneath as if it's under d throttle or wheels it disturbs my mind greatly. Also where can I get ORIGINAL oem ball joint the part that pulls out normally for hondas. Please help!!!@ GAZZUZZ @luvinhubby
Need to physically check out the vehicle for the.
Pls call me.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sainaF: 9:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Please your number sir @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Galads(m): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
I just changed my inner shaft bearing, after driving for like 10km, I noticed I need to press the pedal hard till the RPM increases real high and still yet it doesn't pick fast. Once it picks, before the gear 1 changes to 2, the rpm increases and and it jecks before changing.
Could it be the inner bearing I fix isn't good? Or isn't fixed well
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
sainaF:
Please your number sir @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
Good day guya. Please I just got a honda accord 1999 model (bullet).

I was not even looking at getting a honda car but now I have a manual, v4 , 1.8L engine honda bullet.

Can you all pls advise on the best maintenance culture to adhere to.

Including the right fluids to use for servicing the car.

Your prompt responses will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:28am On Jul 11, 2015
Galads:
I just changed my inner shaft bearing, after driving for like 10km, I noticed I need to press the pedal hard till the RPM increases real high and still yet it doesn't pick fast. Once it picks, before the gear 1 changes to 2, the rpm increases and and it jecks before changing.

Scan or check around gear, there might be a disconnected solenoid, or worse, your transmission oil might have leaked out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Guitarlife:
Good day guya. Please I just got a honda accord 1999 model (bullet).

I was not even looking at getting a honda car but now I have a manual, v4 , 1.8L engine honda bullet.

Can you all pls advise on the best maintenance culture to adhere to.

Including the right fluids to use for servicing the car.

Your prompt responses will be greatly appreciated.
You lost me here. lipsrsealed 1999 accord is baby-boy, 1994-96 accord U.K spec is bullet, so which one did you buy?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
luvinhubby:

You lost me here. lipsrsealed 1999 accord is baby-boy, 1994-96 accord U.K spec is bullet, so which one did you buy?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by landerz: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
Do you have fuel filter and pump for honda city ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yommy2sure(m): 12:27am On Jul 12, 2015
@gazzuzz would give u a call soon for scanning of my 06 accord (dc). The 'check engine' light, abs and vsa lights are permanently on. My horn recently stopped working and my mechanic said the electrician he consulted said some stuff in the air bag needs to be replaced for 8k plus replacement fee and transport of 3k total of 11k.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
landerz:
Do you have fuel filter and pump for honda city ?

Please what ever you do, do not drop the tank to access the fuel pump, fuel pump under the gear shifter area also near parking brakes, all you have to do is remove the plastic formica divider to have access to it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
yommy2sure:
@gazzuzz would give u a call soon for scanning of my 06 accord (dc). The 'check engine' light, abs and vsa lights are permanently on. My horn recently stopped working and my mechanic said the electrician he consulted said some stuff in the air bag needs to be replaced for 8k plus replacement fee and transport of 3k total of 11k.

Ok waiting to here from you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Galads:

I hope they didnt remove the inner cups when the car was still hot. If thats what happened, just plan for a new gear box. Changing only the bearing wouldnt cause any problems unless the pull out the inner cups while its still hot
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
adanny01:

I hope they didnt remove the inner cups when the car was still hot. If thats what happened, just plan for a new gear box. Changing only the bearing wouldnt cause any problems unless the pull out the inner cups while its still hot

Boss that thing still baffles me! New gearboxes are really sensitive now. Last Cv joint replacement I did on a 2010 camry, I kept the car for 2days. Day 1 to cool grin second day install.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Galads(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
adanny01:

oh my God, I removed the inner cup of the right so I can get the right bearing to fit. But the engine has cooled off then.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tee2faith: 7:19am On Jul 13, 2015
I have been using my Honda Accord 2003, 4 Cylinder for about 2 years and some months now and the millage has increased about 43000 since I started using it. The gear is fine and not giving me any problem but I keep having this feeling that the transmission oil ought to have been changed in view of the 43000 increase in millage.
Should I go ahead and change the transmission oil?
Where in Abuja can I get the original recommended DW1? and any idea of the price?
Is there a good trusted alternative to the DW1?

Thanks.

cc.
luvinhubby
GAZZUZZ
adanny01
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by methyl: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
I work in mutual benefit assurance PLC Adepoju Mutiu this my number 08188373898 contact me if you want to do your road worthiness vehicle license plate number third party insurance or compressive insurance for any of your vehicle or u want to renew your insurance. Mutual benefit assurance PLC join our patronage and you will never regret your decision. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (431) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.