Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:43 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (879827 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by magicbrain(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
No scan has been done for this car.

its a Honda accord coupe 2000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Experience4u(m): 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Yes I have done that Sir, it's firmly fixed

lanre2009:
Have you checked the battery terminals to see if they are firmly fixed??

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 3:13am On Apr 12, 2016
Let and auto rewire check for you if it is the kick starter.

Experience4u:
Yes I have done that Sir, it's firmly fixed

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by otunbakolawole(m): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2016
Hello House, I serviced my Honda accord transmission in January with the. Honda DW1, and everything was fine, now, I hear a strange sound whenever d gear changes between the second and third gears, I decided to check the gear oil, it was low, do I just do a top up or change the oil completely?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2016
otunbakolawole:
Hello House, I serviced my Honda accord transmission in January with the. Honda DW1, and everything was fine, now, I hear a strange sound whenever d gear changes between the second and third gears, I decided to check the gear oil, it was low, do I just do a top up or change the oil completely?
Top up first and see how it goes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by JayZ55: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please assist me, I drove through water which wasn't deep enough to cover my bumper but was deep enough to touch it and a few minutes later, turned off the car. The following morning it refused to start. My mechanic isn't close and i know what inexperienced mechanics can do to a honda accord, please what could be wrong with the car so I can tell a mechanic what to check for before he starts putting his fingers everywhere. Its a 2007 honda accord V6. There was no strange noises in the car after passing through the water besides the belts which I guess must have been sand or something, now it only cranks but wont start and no water got into the cabin.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:30am On Apr 14, 2016
JayZ55:
Please assist me, I drove through water which wasn't deep enough to cover my bumper but was deep enough to touch it and a few minutes later, turned off the car. The following morning it refused to start. My mechanic isn't close and i know what inexperienced mechanics can do to a honda accord, please what could be wrong with the car so I can tell a mechanic what to check for before he starts putting his fingers everywhere. Its a 2007 honda accord V6. There was no strange noises in the car after passing through the water besides the belts which I guess must have been sand or something, now it only cranks but wont start and no water got into the cabin.
Thanks

Hope you haven't sucked up a bit of fluid into your combustion chamber via your air intake hose.
Remove your spark plugs and crank engine. If you observe some fluid pushed out of one or more of the orifices, there goes your problem.

Replace the spark plugs, then start the car normally.

Lesson: Always avoid driving through flood. It could wreck your engine instantly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ollyray1: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2016
Good morning guys, nice job u're all doing here as a problem shared is already half solved. I have indeed learn a lot from this forum and I'd like to say thanks to y'all.
However I do have a question for the pros here; I drive a Honda Accord 2007 2.4cyl engine, I used the honda specified lubricants for servicing my car but I just wanted to know what better or alternative power steering oil I can use just to top up my power steering oil container because it is currently low and I dont feel I need to go to my mechanic for a minor issue like that (as my mechanic always have the habbit of draining my wallet anytime i visit his workshop).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eherbal(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2016
luvinhubby:
Check your power steering oil containers, it's often neglected by car owners & technicians. When dirty, it pushes dirt into the pump causing damage and failure.
More tips coming.
my 93 honda doesn't go more than 4000 rpm. it hard starts, and jerk to die in first gear. it also gulps fuel ⛽. Luvinhubby, have you diagnosed a symptom like this before? pls advice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ollyray1: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
Ollyray1:
Good morning guys, nice job u're all doing here as a problem shared is already half solved. I have indeed learn a lot from this forum and I'd like to say thanks to y'all.
However I do have a question for the pros here; I drive a Honda Accord 2007 2.4cyl engine, I used the honda specified lubricants for servicing my car but I just wanted to know what better or alternative power steering oil I can use just to top up my power steering oil container because it is currently low and I dont feel I need to go to my mechanic for a minor issue like that (as my mechanic always have the habbit of draining my wallet anytime i visit his workshop).

@GAZZUZZ, Luvinghubby & co. Abeg make una helep me out nah?!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Beehandz(m): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls house, how much can I get the shock absorbers for my Honda Accord 2007
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Acceptance4(m): 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
@ luvinhubby and others in the house,please can u help me buy Evap FTP sensor for 2004 Acura TL for me ..secondly can it can my idle speed to be bouncing up and down especially when the gear is not engage and when the car has been driven for like an hour or so?? Also i replace the O2 sensor yet the check engine light is stil there ? Thank u for your respond in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 2:03am On Apr 15, 2016
Ollyray1:

You can easily order Honda PSF from konga or make arrangements with luvinghubby to send it to ur location.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Acceptance4:
@ luvinhubby and others in the house,please can u help me buy Evap FTP sensor for 2004 Acura TL for me ..secondly can it can my idle speed to be bouncing up and down especially when the gear is not engage and when the car has been driven for like an hour or so?? Also i replace the O2 sensor yet the check engine light is stil there ? Thank u for your respond in advance.

seems you are just throwing parts at perceived problems.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ollyray1: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ollyray1:

Thank you @Arduino.

@luvinghubby, kindly gimme the price for the Honda accord 2007 ATF DW1, PSF and the Mobil 5W-20 servicing oil. Also let me know ur mode of payment and delivery. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Acceptance4(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
@Gazzus,please what do you mean throwing part at perceived problems? I did a scan and I was told the Fuel tank pressure sensor need to be change,that it is reason for the bouncing up and down of my idle speed. .so please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Ollyray1:

Thank you @Arduino.

@luvinghubby, kindly gimme the price for the Honda accord 2007 ATF DW1, PSF and the Mobil 5W-20 servicing oil. Also let me know ur mode of payment and delivery. Thanks

SMS to 08029255299 or 08039121412.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2016
My Honda Accord 2003, 3.0 v6, stalls when I slow down in traffic. It runs perfectly fine while driving tho. That only occurs when I slow down. Then when I try to restart after it stalls, it starts normally but doesn't stay on. Can anyone prefer a solution? (my me mechanic is clueless after lots of trial n error)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 10:16am On Apr 16, 2016
stinville:
My Honda Accord 2003, 3.0 v6, stalls when I slow down in traffic. It runs perfectly fine while driving tho. That only occurs when I slow down. Then when I try to restart after it stalls, it starts normally but doesn't stay on. Can anyone prefer a solution? (my me mechanic is clueless after lots of trial n error)

Your Location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oroagba: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
@luvinghubby
Thanks so much. I related an issue with the brake of my Honda Odyssey 99 that "hooks" and drags the car down. The suggestion was to check the calipers. Pls is that all I need to tell my mechanic?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
kingreign:

Your Location?
Makurdi
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
stinville:
I carried out a scan today and these were the codes gotten;
P0443
P2101
P2122
P0108.
The guy recommends I change the throttle actuator but I had done that earlier and the issue persists. Am now desperate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
stinville:

Makurdi

Is there any Check Engine light on?
Does the Tachometer needle dance irregularly?
When you turn on A/C and in gear, how does the car behave?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hi, most of the problems seems to be with the throttle actuator. You can go through the links below to have a better understanding of the codes and hopefully find a solution. cheers and goodluck

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0108
http://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-current-118/throttle-cable-tension-issues-p2122-p2127-p0108-3247784/
https://www.nairaland.com/543698/gear-issues-honda-accord-v6
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1m4j6-code-p2101-which-throttle-actuator-control-motor.html
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0443
http://repairpal.com/obd-ii-code-P0443

stinville:

I carried out a scan today and these were the codes gotten;
P0443
P2101
P2122
P0108.
The guy recommends I change the throttle actuator but I had done that earlier and the issue persists. Am now desperate
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
kingreign:

Is there any Check Engine light on?
Does the Tachometer needle dance irregularly?
When you turn on A/C and in gear, how does the car behave?
Yes the check engine light is on.
The tachometer needle is stable while in motion. But atimes dances from 1000 to 500.
When I turn on the AC, apart from the slight change in engine sound, nothing else
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
stinville:

Yes the check engine light is on.
The tachometer needle is stable while in motion. But atimes dances from 1000 to 500.
When I turn on the AC, apart from the slight change in engine sound, nothing else

When the car is on standstill and you load its AC and gear does the tacho run amok? That's what I was asking
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
lanre2009 you posted all thos links without being ban by anti spambot? shocked
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
lanre2009 you posted all thos links without being ban by anti spambot? shocked

The anti spambot is racist/tribalistic/religious fanatic. grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
kingreign:

I te u. I get banished any time I think of posting external links.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I te u. I get banished any time I think of posting external links.
We just siddon dey look them
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stinville(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
kingreign:

When the car is on standstill and you load its AC and gear does the tacho run amok? That's what I was asking
No, it doesn't
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
grin wink smiley

kingreign:

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (430) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: olayemia34 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.