Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47548 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2012
saxywale:

No, don't get it wrong. Lagosians know that ACN is a bad party but they are also aware that PDP is a bigger monster.
so we are stuck with bad,bad political parties.that means the political system is not working.we all need SNC.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2012
whealthy: Tinubu even tried oo! He appointed one as commissioner! How many yoruba dey peter obi, okorocha, orji kalu or apkabio cabinet?
No be dia fault, make dem go Jos go form that crap. Rubbish!

How many yorubas pay tax in Anambra State ?

How many Yorubas voted peter Obi ?

Okorocha has someone from Rivers state in his cabinet ?

How many yorubas has contributed to a developement worth of N4million in the east ?

Was Anambra a former capital in which the Federal gov of Nigeria invested in ?
?
Is any one stopping you from going to the east as a Nigerian ?

Do you thing ur hate and courses is a seed that will create a better ethnic relationship bw Igbos and Yoruba ?

Do you think that appointing Akabueze as a commissioner two months to the end of Tinubus tenure was mature or commendable or a ridicle ?

Do you know that for every ethnic prank u play against any non-yoruba,another yoruba somewhere pays for it in a way ,because tribalism begets tribalism,no body has a monopoly of tribalism.

Do you know that an egalitarian society is an ideal society?

Do you know that duely giving political appointments to Igbos in Action congress of Nigeria is a show of appreciation for party loyalty,and maturity.

All I would advice is for Action congress to handle Lagos politics in such a way that will not breed more ethnic hatred now and in future.

I advice also that yorubas should abstain from and amend years of conspiracy with the federal gov. Which selected major import items to come in through Lagos port alone rather than calabar or port harcourt,thus the migration of Igbos to Lagos en mass.

Migration of easterners,south south and other Nigerians will not stop until certain developemental policies are changed,even when u refuse to sell land or rent houses.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by tatosh: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2012
This brings to critical questioning the sanity of the Igbo people. Should Fashola put them on salary or what?
They deserve to be punished, bunch of fooools
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by OneNaira6: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2012
saxywale:

No, don't get it wrong. Lagosians know that ACN is a bad party but they are also aware that PDP is a bigger monster.

IMHO, they are both the same. None is less of a monster than the other.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by rhymz(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2012
It appears all the claims of Yoruba people being politically savvy is afterall a myth, giving the comments here, it does not take a super brain to decipher that some Yoruba people just like to argue out of context.
The man made a polittical declaration as an Igbo leader in Lagos, instead of you lot to debate issues based the political context in which such statement was made, you all are busy talking about Yorubas being accomadating and all that crap. That they are accommodating is for their own good as well, in case una no know. And you lot like it or not, Igbos in Lagos have a nunber that can not be ignored by any serious Political party that aims to win, ACN inclusive. They may not be 40% of Lagos population but they constitute a number bloc that can actually take votes away from any party if they so want. So all that threat of Yorubas being accomoding and nice will not suffice when push turns to shove. If ACN is so sure of the fact that Igbos can't do anything then let them ignore them and see how other parties especially the PDP will take advantage of such a careless political blunder.
And for a fact, ACN has not done much to help Igbos in Lagos, instead more Igbos have been pushed by Tinubu controlled Fashola government to the point where markets that have Igbos doing business have been targeted for outright closure for flimsy reasons that defiles common sense, Tejuosho market is a typical example. To the point they threatened to provide them with buses back to their villages if they can't stand the highhandedness of the ACN government.
Fashola is trying no doubt but he has not done any favour for the Igbos in the context of their bloc vote to him, that is a fact. Instead, many of them have lost more businesses and sent packing due to their obnoxious tax regimes and forceful evictions from their business places without any serious alternatives. Abi na only when elections come na in them dey remember Igbo votes ni? Whatever achievements Igbos have made in Lagos should not be attributed to any Yoruba's accommodating whatever, no be only Lagos get Igbo people in Large quantity, Kano, Kaduna and even Sokoto has large Igbo communities and they as well yse their numbers there too to campaign and negotiate with the governments of these places. Make una no dey reason like say una dey do anyone any favourm it us getting annoying.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by jude33084(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2012
sheyguy:
Oga wet weed, Igbo cönstitute 90% of lagos population, if only half of those shld pitch their tent with this group in question, do u know what it would translate to?

Definitely Ɣ☺Ʊ are on wet weed wink
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2012
kk
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2012
logica: Don't speak in general terms. Only 2 or 3 Igbo people have spoken in support of this dude so far. Speak to those 2/3 and leave the generality out of it.
D article refered to NDIGBO...so what i said applies to d umbrella(NDIGBO). Whether u я in support or not i don't give a hoot. What i know is dat ur days in lagos я numbered. Ibos я not different to fulanis. Leaving ur abode in order to encroach on another man's territory. Go back to ur shrines-u-called-homes
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073: These pests called igbos never cease to be amazing. U leave ur erosion-ridden villages for better life in lasgidi. We welcomed u because we pitied d fact that d FGN ravaged u when u wanted to secede. Now u want more...small time u go ask for chieftancy titles from our kings. Ur time will soon be up. Go back to idemili and develop d snake-infested jungle u call ur homes. Nansense!

So...because one Igbo guy spoke his PERSONAL opinion,this is your reaction to all Igbos?^^^^^

You have serious mental issues and it's your parents fault for raising a rabid tribalist to contribute to Nigeria's problems.

All over the world, cities are rallying for hardworking and entreprenural people to boost the local economy...Mtcheww, why am I even bothering to explain economics to you, sef. Ewu.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2012
tatosh: This brings to critical questioning the sanity of the Igbo people. Should Fashola put them on salary or what?
They deserve to be punished, bunch of fooools

This also brings to critical questioning the insanity of the Yoruba people.Dirty people that deserves to be bathed with diluted acid
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Dotman01(m): 10:20am On Jul 22, 2012
the funny thing is, they always threaten to vote for pdp, 'ARE PDP MEMBERS IN LAGOS IGBO?' smh
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by samkoro: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2012
I hereby call on Igbos to stop investing in Lagos.A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by jude33084(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2012
rhymz: It appears all the claims of Yoruba people being politically savvy is afterall a myth, giving the comments here, it does not take a super brain to decipher that some Yoruba people just like to argue out of context.
The man made a polittical declaration as an Igbo leader in Lagos, instead of you lot to debate issues based the political context in which such statement was made, you all are busy talking about Yorubas being accomadating and all that crap. That they are accommodating is for their own good as well, in case una no know. And you lot like it or not, Igbos in Lagos have a nunber that can not be ignored by any serious Political party that aims to win, ACN inclusive. They may not be 40% of Lagos population but they constitute a number bloc that can actually take votes away from any party if they so want. So all that threat of Yorubas being accomoding and nice will not suffice when push turns to shove. If ACN is so sure of the fact that Igbos can't do anything then let them ignore them and see how other parties especially the PDP will take advantage of such a careless political blunder.
And for a fact, ACN has not done much to help Igbos in Lagos, instead more Igbos have been pushed by Tinubu controlled Fashola government to the point where markets that have Igbos doing business have been targeted for outright closure for flimsy reasons that defiles common sense, Tejuosho market is a typical example. To the point they threatened to provide them with buses back to their villages if they can't stand the highhandedness of the ACN government.
Fashola is trying no doubt but he has not done any favour for the Igbos in the context of their bloc vote to him, that is a fact. Instead, many of them have lost more businesses and sent packing due to their obnoxious tax regimes and forceful evictions from their business places without any serious alternatives. Abi na only when elections come na in them dey remember Igbo votes ni? Whatever achievements Igbos have made in Lagos should not be attributed to any Yoruba's accommodating whatever, no be only Lagos get Igbo people in Large quantity, Kano, Kaduna and even Sokoto has large Igbo communities and they as well yse their numbers there too to campaign and negotiate with the governments of these places. Make una no dey reason like say una dey do anyone any favourm it us getting annoying.

Beat τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ crap ♍♈ guy, Ibos are not united and they will never be able to united to form ∂ formidable front. If Ɣ☺Ʊ ask ♍e I won't be able to tell Ɣ☺Ʊ why either. wink
Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ogbona guy just want to be recognise β҉♈ ACN or PDP has woo him over to their payrol grin
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2012
This kain thread sef.if una no like una self,is it by force to stay in one nigeria ?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by dederocs(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2012
fırst and foremost as southerners we must UNITE,thıs ıs the only way we can be assured of our survıval development as a cıvılısed people.am glad some brothers from ıbo has clearly started that the man speaks for hımself and hıs group,sınce he has not been choosen to speak on behalf of the whole ıbos ın Lagos,perhaps he heads some traders unıon and ıs tryıng to gaın some relevance.Governor Fashola ıs a prıncıpled man,ı thınk he ıs the best governor yet.ıbos pls ıgnore hım.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ballabriggs: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2012
They have a right to choose who they would vote. That is democracy, Let us not condemn them.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2012
ypzilanti:

So...because one Igbo guy spoke his PERSONAL opinion,this is your reaction to all Igbos?^^^^^

You have serious mental issues and it's your parents fault for raising a rabid tribalist to contribute to Nigeria's problems.

All over the world, cities are rallying for hardworking and entreprenural people to boost the local economy...Mtcheww, why am I even bothering to explain economics to you, sef. Ewu.
If ur fathers understand economics, they wouldn't advice u d offsprings to go develop another man's land and turn urs to shrines for blood rituals
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2012
Musiwa come show us satellite picture make we divide this country,Igbos in lagos go back to onitsha,the port don ready,yorubas in PH go back to ogun state,hausa man go and plant your groundnut,ibibio in lagos go back home and build ibaka port.the hatred in this country is too much.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by CyberGuru1(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2012
Another opportunity for haters to drop their rubish uncivilised opinions. Who's even echoing 'accomodating' in Lagos? Does Lagos belong to the yorubas? Please go and learn some elementary principles of nation building. Ok, by right, Lagos belongs to the portugees; dispute it. Every one has the right to express his/her own opinion in Nigeria, irrespective of your tribe.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Abbey2sam(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2012
Ibo's will never seize to amaze me,how many yoruba's has been given a political apointment in the east? I don't blame them ,it is the yorubas that are too accomodating and now they need a political seat in another man's state!what ever happen to where they came from...
they should go to maiduguri for political seat nah or kano or even zamfara.......who told them their vote even count in lagos
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Mandelaguy(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2012
ifihearam: This igbo people are very unserious,how does their vote affect the polls in lagos Charity begins at home go to your homes and decided who to or not to vote for. Mtcheew
STFU,Lagos was originally the capital of this country and like Abuja now,it is owned by all with equal stake. I am born and bred Eko boy,yet if I try contesting anything in Lagos,your Yoruba people will start working the tribal angle,yet una de claim being detribalised......mtcheeeeeeew!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Jambsupport(f): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2012
Igbos r ingrate upon all d moni dey ve made in lagos n jus bcs he didnt put dem in hs govt, dey betray him
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ozoebuka1(m): 10:36am On Jul 22, 2012
lekkie073: These pests called igbos never cease to be amazing. U leave ur erosion-ridden villages for better life in lasgidi. We welcomed u because we pitied d fact that d FGN ravaged u when u wanted to secede. Now u want more...small time u go ask for chieftancy titles from our kings. Ur time will soon be up. Go back to idemili and develop d snake-infested jungle u call ur homes. Nansense!
hahahaha funny though, but u should ask GOD for the spirit of understanding so dat u will stop generalizing things with those clueless politicians..thanks
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Parsonpikin: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2012
Biggoozz: I am Igbo, Fashola is a good governor, his leadership has affected me well, no sentiments. It is too stupid and emotional to ask for a leadership that may include our kinsman and be totally irresponsible. Let us vote people for their antecedents and manifesto not political parties. Let's grow up!
You re right, we are too possessive and if this kind of taught is allowed to graduate to action it might be uncontrolable so i suggest BRF to act before it get out of hand
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by aryzgreat: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2012
i dont know how a political beggar's position has become ndigbo's position. this man is looking for his pocket even though there is always some 'sense' in every 'nonsense' For the ever tribalistic yoriba big mouths that want to use dis opportunity to bash ndigbo, u are all very s.t.u.p.i.d! For ur information u r not doing us any good by any Zap.i.n.g accomodating trash! lagos is a former state capital as a result will always be a multi cultural state. Try any silly thing against ndigbo, u will regret y u wia eva born! Its live and let live. Don't expect igbos to leave lagos after our collective wealth ws used to develop it just like abuja.

peace!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by slex(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2012
ypzilanti: Who is this guy? What group is he representing?

Before this post, nobody here ever heard of him or his organization (the one person that knows him should correct me if I am wrong).

I'm Igbo but methinks Igbos are voting for Fashola and not ACN as a party.

What Igbos should be doing is lobby for development in Igbo majority areas of Lagos.

What does Ben Akabueze's appointment do for me as a person. Why are these tribal warriors so dumb?

What's his name can run for election himself and see how he will fare.

Oya...Tribal Warriors can take over the thread now.

You have my RESPECT Sir. I am Yoruba but its time we grow up in Nigeria, Vote the PERSON not his PARTY
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by lekkie073(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2012
Cyber_Guru: Another opportunity for haters to drop their rubish uncivilised opinions. Who's even echoing 'accomodating' in Lagos? Does Lagos belong to the yorubas? Please go and learn some elementary principles of nation building. Ok, by right, Lagos belongs to the portugees; dispute it. Every one has the right to express his/her own opinion in Nigeria, irrespective of your tribe.
Lagos belong to potokis, so, naija belongs to the great britain. Bro, я u still living in the year 1624?

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by ypzilanti: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2012
SHAKING MY HEAD.

Before this news, who ever heard of this guy and his organization? Why is this news?

Please Tribal warriors, sheathe your swords and go about your normal business. grin

Thank you.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2012
amosy007: @ PointB

In any case Matthew Ogbonnia Idam speaks for me, and perhaps a lot of Igbos.

is it ur money? Are south westerners complaining? Despite

all that which state is rated number in Nigeria?

so why dnt u ask same igbo man to go and talk and build their erosions, kidnappers, filled abia and imo states. Atleast to control d number of people running outa SE for greener pasture

if they(parties) have done all whatchu said .. Why dnt to pack ur things and move back to d east.. Afterall no one begged or force u to come to lagos.. Shikena

E dey pain u? U can't change the fact that if igbos don't vote can pdp takes over. Please show me pics of these erosion you are talking about
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by 1025: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2012
anybody saying this thrash is doing so for himself and not ndigbo. the speaker must be talking about his selfish interest as usual.
my vote and that of my family if at all i will vote can only go to any other party that is not pdp.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2012
samkoro:

How many yorubas pay tax in Anambra State ?

How many Yorubas voted peter Obi ?

Okorocha has someone from Rivers state in his cabinet ?

How many yorubas has contributed to a developement worth of N4million in the east ?

Was Anambra a former capital in which the Federal gov of Nigeria invested in ?
?
Is any one stopping you from going to the east as a Nigerian ?

Do you thing ur hate and courses is a seed that will create a better ethnic relationship bw Igbos and Yoruba ?

Do you think that appointing Akabueze as a commissioner two months to the end of Tinubus tenure was mature or commendable or a ridicle ?

Do you know that for every ethnic prank u play against any non-yoruba,another yoruba somewhere pays for it in a way ,because tribalism begets tribalism,no body has a monopoly of tribalism.

Do you know that an egalitarian society is an ideal society?

Do you know that duely giving political appointments to Igbos in Action congress of Nigeria is a show of appreciation for party loyalty,and maturity.

All I would advice is for Action congress to handle Lagos politics in such a way that will not breed more ethnic hatred now and in future.

I advice also that yorubas should abstain from and amend years of conspiracy with the federal gov. Which selected major import items to come in through Lagos port alone rather than calabar or port harcourt,thus the migration of Igbos to Lagos en mass.

Migration of easterners,south south and other Nigerians will not stop until certain developemental policies are changed,even when u refuse to sell land or rent houses.

U dey mind them, soon those from th SE will chaste them out and occupy lagos. Make dem there dey yarn trash
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by colonel20: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2012
Rubbish! Is it the community members seekin for positions to torment us or the "Igbo community" they represent that made the statement! Political Jargon! Abeg honour remains to Fashola, him deh try (Igbo boi)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

4 Nigerians Killed In South Africa / SSS Displays Documents Recovered From APC Office In Lagos(with images) / Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.