Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47545 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Eko Ile: ibo/PDP dividend of democracy.....

show us what you have achieved in ibadan and other yoruba cities

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2012
pareto: yorubas are very accomodating and that The notion that lagos is NO MAN's LAND, makes some non-yorubas to believe they can do what they like.most igbos are ingrates.you give them a little chance, they want to take control. Dats why some landlords dont want them.
so how many igbos do you house for free, feed and give money daily?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:23am On Jul 23, 2012
yorimba land

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:24am On Jul 23, 2012
if you want to know what is happening enugu airport visit this page

https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/4
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:26am On Jul 23, 2012
lagos and ibadan rocking in 2012

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EkoIle1: 6:26am On Jul 23, 2012
bashr8: digging up old pics wont help you , fedral government have gone half way in the upgrading , you can visit this link and see for yourself mugu

https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/4

You are too dumb for your own good. GEJ was their less than 2 years ago in 2010 to commission that rubbish with ribbon and ladder and you are talking about upgrading.

Is this what you call upgrading?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/744599_enu71_jpg90c085fa34cf659e47c1c00f6c45b528

You ibo people sabi make pesin laugh I swear...
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EkoIle1: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2012
The clown no fit defend his ribbon and ladder PDP airport, na to post flood picture remain.

Predictable losers...lmao
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:29am On Jul 23, 2012
Eko Ile:

You are too dumb for your own good. GEJ was their less than 2 years ago in 2010 to commission that rubbish with ribbon and ladder and you are talking about upgrading.

Is this what you call upgrading?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/744599_enu71_jpg90c085fa34cf659e47c1c00f6c45b528

You ibo people sabi make pesin laugh I swear...
and this is what you call quality government

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 6:35am On Jul 23, 2012
Eko Ile: The clown no fit defend his ribbon and ladder PDP airport, na to post flood picture remain.

Predictable losers...lmao
why e dey pain you , we already have one international airport in omagwa plus soon enugu and asaba will be complete. go and jump inside lagoon

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Lengeblues: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2012
Chyz*:
[size=18pt]Ndigbo vow not to vote for ACN in Lagos[/size]

By: ONYEKACHI JET

Date: Sat, 07/21/2012 - 22:46
This pple if u give them an inch, they will go extral mile. I dont know their problem.

Ahead of 2015 general elections, the Igbo community in Lagos State has resolved to dump the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over alleged neglect by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola and the party’s leadership in the state.

The former Secretary- General of Igbo community in Lagos, Matthew Ogbonnia Idam told Sunday Sun that Igbo people have been suffering in silence since the administration of Ahmed Tinubu till date. According to Idam who is also the acting Secretary -General, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Igbo community in the state, the ruling party has always regarded the Igbo as electoral materials that are only needed during elections and dumped at the conclusion of elections.

Buttressing his argument, the chief scribe pointed out that former governor of Lagos State, Ahmed Tinubu cleverly appointed Mr Ben Akabueze as Commissioner two months to the end of his second tenure, to woo the Igbo in the state to vote for Fashola in the 2007 gubernatorial elections.

He said that this time around, “ Igbo people in the state are poised to vote for a party that will be ready to carry them along in all political activities and governance of the state to reflect one Nigeria and the true democracy we are clamouring for.”

He said that since Fashola came on board as the governor of the state, there has been no, “form of appreciation for the Igbo community in Lagos that worked and voted him to power.” Share this

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/ndigbo-vow-not-vote-acn-lagos
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by spyder880(m): 7:15am On Jul 23, 2012
Enugu airport was under heavy security watch that day I took those pictures and that was why I took only the areas where police are not watching, so many plain clothed forcemen as if they were expecting a VIP.

The airport is undergoing serious work now.

Please stop the hate everybody. This will take us nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by sheyguy: 7:36am On Jul 23, 2012
^^Heavy construction forever and yet the job no dey finiss!!!
Prediction: that airport when completed and if ever completed, will be an international gateway for Drugs, Human slaves and incoming goods we can all predict its quality.

The airport is still under construction and they already have heavy security in place. I guess that's in anticipation of the prediction above.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by sambos994(m): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2012
TRIBAL WAR IN EVERY FREAKIN THREAD....WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP ARGUING AND GROW UP!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Beowulf(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2012
There must be better ways of generating traffic on this forum than indulging captions that encourage ethnic-baiting and tribal bashing. The caption of this thread is criminally misleading. Why not say "An Igbo group vows not to vote so so and so". That way the less discerning amongst us might be able to direct the bile accordingly.

As an Ibo person, I hurriedly clicked on the topic to find out when Ndigbo made this far-reaching declaration because I was at home all weekend and I wasn't invited for any such meeting.

Let's ease up on the e-tribalism and the ethnic flamethrowing on here. Am sure most of you are nice folks in real life so let's act consistent with our noble characters.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Beowulf: There must be better ways of generating traffic on this forum than indulging captions that encourage ethnic-baiting and tribal bashing. The caption of this thread is criminally misleading. Why not say "An Igbo group vows not to vote so so and so". That way the less discerning amongst us might be able to direct the bile accordingly.

As an Ibo person, I hurriedly clicked on the topic to find out when Ndigbo made this far-reaching declaration because I was at home all weekend and I wasn't invited for any such meeting.

Let's ease up on the e-tribalism and the ethnic flamethrowing on here. Am sure most of you are nice folks in real life so let's act consistent with our noble characters.
It's a deliberate attempt by the tribalist MODS to encourage e-tribalism and bigotry. That's the only way they can drive traffic yo their site for now.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by hakanai(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2012
Chyz*:
[size=18pt]Ndigbo vow not to vote for ACN in Lagos[/size]

By: ONYEKACHI JET

Date: Sat, 07/21/2012 - 22:46

Ahead of 2015 general elections, the Igbo community in Lagos State has resolved to dump the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over alleged neglect by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola and the party’s leadership in the state.

The former Secretary- General of Igbo community in Lagos, Matthew Ogbonnia Idam told Sunday Sun that Igbo people have been suffering in silence since the administration of Ahmed Tinubu till date. According to Idam who is also the acting Secretary -General, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Igbo community in the state, the ruling party has always regarded the Igbo as electoral materials that are only needed during elections and dumped at the conclusion of elections.

Buttressing his argument, the chief scribe pointed out that former governor of Lagos State, Ahmed Tinubu cleverly appointed Mr Ben Akabueze as Commissioner two months to the end of his second tenure, to woo the Igbo in the state to vote for Fashola in the 2007 gubernatorial elections.

He said that this time around, “ Igbo people in the state are poised to vote for a party that will be ready to carry them along in all political activities and governance of the state to reflect one Nigeria and the true democracy we are clamouring for.”

He said that since Fashola came on board as the governor of the state, there has been no, “form of appreciation for the Igbo community in Lagos that worked and voted him to power.” Share this

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/article/ndigbo-vow-not-vote-acn-lagos

^^^^ This is really amazing i thought Igbos were for separation before 2015,yet calling for one Nigeria.How about November 5? Wonders shall never end.They are not fighting for freedom to do biz and live freely o!they are now asking for political appointment in state that is not there own.If some Hausa-man talk that one now,you will see them all over shouting about Hausa-man dominating agenda with or without proof.I say again,are you people not happy and doing your business freely.If so why the complain?Has ACN or the government not provided you folks enough to be happy about.I dey laugh o! Hypocrisy at its peak. cheesy cheesy cheesy
You guys should learn to respect your host.You should also learn to understand Lagos is not your own.Rather you are just guest there.In as much as they have provided you with all that you need.Be grateful and allow harmony be than this bullying or treat.I also believe if you vote against the ACN it may still not amount to a certain victory for APGA or PDP.That said i believe you just calling your bluff and carrying out such treats will only serve to worsen your position.If i hear,abi na only Igbos dey Lagos?then why the noise and silly disturbance.Except if you people are believing that someday you can claim Lagos and even be governors in a state like Lagos.In Nigeria as it is your people still hardly assign any political role to other tribes outside Igbo so why the noise.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by PaulJohn1: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2012
obxddon: I keep begging people on here not to smoke before they post anything.....Wet weed is bad for your brain..
The man in question is not speaking for the igbo people in Lagos,how many igbo people belong to his so-called organization in Lagos and some people should stop generalizing wen some one from a section of the country says anything,Don't use it to generalize and insult other people from that tribe because they said something.

I have met a lot of Yoruba people that are backstabbers and snitch,some that are dirty,some that are cowards....Dat does not mean that is how the rest Yoruba people are,..I have met Ibo men that can kill for money,sell their daughter during marraige and also enjoy kidnap business but not all the ibos do that,.......I have met warri and Binnin people who have no other jobs but 419 and are very fetish in nature yet that are hundreds of people from that area that are Godly and very nice.......

Once again people who write rubbish and try to tribalize and generalize..please stop smoking wet weed before you comment on topics on this site.

I had to sign in to like and quote your post. GOD bless you with this post, never knew we still have some reasonable people here on NL. Again, GOD bless you man.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by nolongtin(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2012
gboss4sure: Some comments are funny, these people calling for yourobas to chaste igbos out of Lagos what do they feel like?. Imagine a fight between igbos and yoroubas in Lagos, sure enough is gonna be suicidal for youruobas to try that cause igbos will wipe em off and take ova Lagos. Fashola and Tinubu must be planing on how to appease ndi igbo by now and u guys are fighting around here.

Igbos can fight you in your land but try to fight them in their land and you will never live to tell the story.

I don t know how old you are,but during the abiola june 12 shit,when OPC gave a warning dat every body should leave or else yawa go bust?why didnt the igbos stay?the igbos that stayed behind whr the real lagos igbos.born ,breed and familiar with their environment.all the igbos dat couldnt speak ,understand yoruba left lagos n the south west,why didnt they claim that they own lagos and stayed?My best friend and his family stayed ,they dont even know their home state,so they couldnt have gone anywhr,all they know is lagos,but noting could have happened to them cus they understand the culture, language, politics etc.The mood in the country determines who is in charge and who is not.do you know how many igbos lost thier lives,properties to armed robbers on their way home?did lagos miss them for the 1 month or so they whr away?in times of confusion,anarchy and war,the wise stay in their backyard because anytin can happen.i remember i had to keep our gateman then, in my room for sometime cus a group came and was attacking any hausa/fulani looking man/woman .learn from experience n you never make mistakes.B4 you build 1 property in anoder mans land,make sure u have 3 in ur own backyard.Igbos are hardworkin ,resourceful,and intelligent peeps,wot i dont understand about them is 40 percent still believe in biafra good,i dont understand why they will still invest somewhre outside SE wen they believe 9ja will not last the test of time?i was talking to a very good friend of my last week.the guy is an employer of labour( imagine having over 200-250 staff workin for him here in the uk).he showed me the property he was buildin in abuja,a massive mansion.i asked him a question,same question i asked my yoruba friends taht have properties all over abuja.how many have you built in your state?he said non.i asked do u see 9ja with dis boko haram stuff lasting anoder 30 yrs?hes said hes not sure.i advise him to use it has a business short term/investment and not all is last hope cus the building is massive.i know an old man who lost all his props in kano now doing cleaning job here in london.religion,tribe,culture n way of life of 9jas are diff,can we manage it?the average nigerian on the street dont have a prob wit each oder, but when we invlove politics, religion,ethnic colouration it becomes sensitive.my advice to all-live anywhr in the country,invest anywhr on a short term basis,yr long lasting investment should be whr u feel u cant b short changed/comfortable wit prefarable ur tribe or ethnic group.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by kasiem(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2012
nolongtin:

I don t know how old you are,but during the abiola june 12 shit,when OPC gave a warning dat every body should leave or else yawa go bust?why didnt the igbos stay?the igbos that stayed behind whr the real lagos igbos.born ,breed and familiar with their environment.all the igbos dat couldnt speak ,understand yoruba left lagos n the south west,why didnt they claim that they own lagos and stayed?My best friend and his family stayed ,they dont even know their home state,so they couldnt have gone anywhr,all they know is lagos,but noting could have happened to them cus they understand the culture, language, politics etc.The mood in the country determines who is in charge and who is not.do you know how many igbos lost thier lives,properties to armed robbers on their way home?did lagos miss them for the 1 month or so they whr away?in times of confusion,anarchy and war,the wise stay in their backyard because anytin can happen.i remember i had to keep our gateman then, in my room for sometime cus a group came and was attacking any hausa/fulani looking man/woman .learn from experience n you never make mistakes.B4 you build 1 property in anoder mans land,make sure u have 3 in ur own backyard.Igbos are hardworkin ,resourceful,and intelligent peeps,wot i dont understand about them is 40 percent still believe in biafra good,i dont understand why they will still invest somewhre outside SE wen they believe 9ja will not last the test of time?i was talking to a very good friend of my last week.the guy is an employer of labour( imagine having over 200-250 staff workin for him here in the uk).he showed me the property he was buildin in abuja,a massive mansion.i asked him a question,same question i asked my yoruba friends taht have properties all over abuja.how many have you built in your state?he said non.i asked do u see 9ja with dis boko haram stuff lasting anoder 30 yrs?hes said hes not sure.i advise him to use it has a business short term/investment and not all is last hope cus the building is massive.i know an old man who lost all his props in kano now doing cleaning job here in london.religion,tribe,culture n way of life of 9jas are diff,can we manage it?the average nigerian on the street dont have a prob wit each oder, but when we invlove politics, religion,ethnic colouration it becomes sensitive.my advice to all-live anywhr in the country,invest anywhr on a short term basis,yr long lasting investment should be whr u feel u cant b short changed/comfortable wit prefarable ur tribe or ethnic group.
homeboy, so u expect say make full ground tear fight with hausa cos of una? Mehn, as d kasala wan bust na him we kukuma shift ground so that una almajiri masters go tidy una forkup wella, cos d time wey we dey tidy their forkup no bobo put hand for us. If d fight na between igbo and yorobo, na dat time we go do una wetin ikechukwu do dbanj. Ask ur almajiri master how we take arrange them for kano.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Ngodigha1(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2012
EzeUche:

Bring me big nyansh Yoruba women and I will show them the LOVE you are looking for.
The population of those Yoruba women with big nyash has gone down drastically. What you find all over yoroboland now is women who are slim and slim nyash.
For example see this photo.

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by kasiem(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Ngodigha1:
The population of those Yoruba women with big nyash has gone down drastically. What you find all over yoroboland now is women who are slim and slim nyash.
For example see this photo.
na desOLE be dis?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Ngodigha1(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2012
kasiem: na desOLE be dis?
Not Desola, though I do have Desola's photos from her hotel room business joint.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by kasiem(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Not Desola, though I do have Desola's photos from her hotel room business joint.
i go like to see like to see that aids-ridden desola, i bin wan tel her say aids don get cure.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by soma042(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2012
abeg e do. remember yarima na our friends oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2012
so this f0ol called Bashr8 is still posting pix of natural occurrence....flooding as lack of development when the East is been ravaged right..left and center with these type.

Give pix of relative developments in both regions and not pictures of seasonal natural disasters that no area is immune from....Ode! grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
Every little personal attack..they turn it into Yoruba bashing.....if a man talks in his personal capacity...are you too dull to reply in him in his personal capacity...why must you drag the whole Yoruba into it...f0ols!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by omobabanani: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
Chyz..

You make me remind you about larger percentage of Igbo people and how they reason and behave.. Sincerely you guys are spoilers, What do you want BRF to give to the Igbo to show he cares for them, separately from what he is doing in the state or he should come and put some cash in your pocket, or he should continue to allow you mess up the state (places like Alaba Int and the rest) like you have been doing in the past.. common face reality. Go to the North where they cut off your peoples head, hang on a stick and display it in the public in the name of religion.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Biggyd2: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
This is the same reason why people are going to elect the wrong people AGAIN in 2015- TRIBALISM. What will be the fate of the generation after you? We go to our places of worship, pray for everything but forget the bit that says you should love your neighbor. It is really sad.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by vodkat: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Vote for PDP na DOSUMU go enter. PDP=Back to square 1.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
vodkat: Vote for PDP na DOSUMU go enter. PDP=Back to square 1.

Leave them....they think they are injuring anyone with "let's dump the ACN" slogan...cutting the nose to spite the face.

WRONG POLITICAL MOVE IF IT'S EVER THE THINKING OF THE LARGER IGBO RESIDENCE IN LAGOS.

They should rather seek for more peaceful environment to carry on their trading and other businesses than trying to dabble into the politics of the state.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Ngodigha1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
The good people of Yoruba land, do not lose sleep over what one Igboman said in Lagos. The man is on his own. His opinion does not represent the opinion of 30% Lagosians who are Ndigbo.
What the Yorobos should be worried about is how to help one another. For example, the Yoruba man in this photo is a retired military officer in a nursing home. He needs your support.

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Grandmisty: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
ngodigha if dat man is really sick and that picture is not photoshopped i really pity u for u are cursed man to be making fun of someone who is ill

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Lagos Policemen Block Ojuelegba Road, Point Guns At Motorists / 4 Nigerians Killed In South Africa / SSS Displays Documents Recovered From APC Office In Lagos(with images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.