Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? (8343 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / PHCN ON STRIKE. Rivers State In Total Blackout / PHCN Strike: Is There Light In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Shakara123(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2012
On Friday last week, I visited PHCN, Marina in Lagos on official assignment and I was denied entry. So was the senior managers and other top management staff. Reason: that they were on partial strike nationwide following the wrong privatisation moves by the Minister in Abuja.

From Friday morning up till Saturday evening, the power supply to my area (Surulere) was uninterrupted. But right now, we have being in darkness since Saturday evening.

So people, please kindly pour in your inputs. Did you hear of the strike? Is your area in darkness?
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2012
in my area, we dey partial darkness since friday, light dey come but candle beta pass!
Make govt sell those pple together wit the strike!

1 Like

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Henries: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2012
We v bn in total darkness since friday n d most annoyin part is dt dias is light in d nxt compound cs w v bn on rotation a day on a day off since last year.na enjoyment dem dey nw.mk dm privatize PHCN abeg
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by jmaine: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2012
Light dey my area wella . . .Na only PHCN nemesis dey keep us for darkness grin . . .PHCN nemesis = Rain cheesy
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Eltonluigi(m): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2012
PHCN or NEPA, which one you talkin' bout!? Abeg light candle!!!
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by KINGwax(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2012
I've been in abeokuta since friday, and light has been unusually steady. Mayb they on it and went on a strike. I like dt strike though.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by whealthy(m): 11:10am On Jul 22, 2012
Even when Dem no dey strike, light dey? Make em remain on strike cos ee be lyk the strike make light improve for here.

3 Likes

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Skipfr(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2012
Electricity supply to my area in Ikpoba hill here in Benin was uninterrupted for 2 days nw. They interrupted it last night and up til now it has not been restored. E better nr be tru say dem strike o otherwise...........................
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Jakumo(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2012
The battle-ready troops currently guarding nationwide premises of the defunct Nigerian power company, PCHN, should also be tasked with arresting as many former employees of that dead agency, which never provided ANY electrical power to Nigeria for at least the past quarter century, and making those captives perform vigorous parade-ground physical exercises in exchange for freedom and a state pardon.

The usual fifteen minutes of squatting frog-jumps while grasping one's ears should be augmented with dozens of push-ups, sit-ups, leg-raises and 50-yard wind-sprints, all as the warm-up sequence, after which all of the less determined former PHCN saboteurs can be weeded out with one-arm pushups, floor-shaking bench presses and full-contact karate bouts with military special forces operatives drafted over specially for the disciplinary measures.

It is imperative that all employees known to be guilty of serving the perennially non-functional state electrical power corporation of Nigeria should face some form of justice, to penalize them for the regressive effect they and their employer have had on Nigerian industry, health-care, commerce, education and communication, effectively trapping an entire nation in a developmentally stagnant dark age for close to three decades. If a mass-cull of the erring saboteurs is selected as the most expedient response to their lives of sin, the West African sub-region will be the better for it.

4 Likes

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Ekans: 11:16am On Jul 22, 2012
Abeg let them privatize PHCN and the useless and corruption laden workers too.But in PH light has improved serously.Thanks to Gov Amechi.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2012
In My area here oyibo river state, ŋø̲̣̣̥
light since friday afternoon uptill now.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2012
Is there any time they were not on strike ?

1 Like

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Chillext(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2012
i taught they have being on strike ever since, cos dis year we neva get light reach 48hrs for my area...
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by clerkent(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2012
For anambra state,awada in particular light no de since yesternite oo.mek dem no fal ma hand
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by fakulty(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2012
WHETHER PHCN IS ON STRIKE OR NOT DOES NOT REALLY HAVE MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN MOST PART OF THE COUNTRY. Most residents and businesses in Nigeria have always been operating on generating sets and PHCN is only on standby. Privatization is the way forward. At times i wonder why PHCN staff in some areas are being paid salaries in the first instance when they are not doing any work. The areas to suppose to service has been in total darkness for donkey years and yet they are embarking on strike. FOOOOOOLS

1 Like

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Ovaiegbe(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2012
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Funny, really really funny.
Jakumo: The battle-ready troops currently guarding nationwide premises of the defunct Nigerian power company, PCHN, should also be tasked with arresting as many former employees of that dead agency, which never provided ANY electrical power to Nigeria for at least the past quarter century, and making those captives perform vigorous parade-ground physical exercises in exchange for freedom and a state pardon.

The usual fifteen minutes of squatting frog-jumps while grasping one's ears should be augmented with dozens of push-ups, sit-ups, leg-raises and 50-yard wind-sprints, all as the warm-up sequence, after which all of the less determined former PHCN saboteurs can be weeded out with one-arm pushups, floor-shaking bench presses and full-contact karate bouts with military special forces operatives drafted over specially for the disciplinary measures.

It is imperative that all employees known to be guilty of serving the perennially non-functional state electrical power corporation of Nigeria should face some form of justice, to penalize them for the regressive effect they and their employer have had on Nigerian industry, health-care, commerce, education and communication, effectively trapping an entire nation in a developmentally stagnant dark age for close to three decades. If a mass-cull of the erring saboteurs is selected as the most expedient response to their lives of sin, the West African sub-region will be the better for it.
Funny. Really funny. You made my day.
grin
Jakumo: The battle-ready troops currently guarding nationwide premises of the defunct Nigerian power company, PCHN, should also be tasked with arresting as many former employees of that dead agency, which never provided ANY electrical power to Nigeria for at least the past quarter century, and making those captives perform vigorous parade-ground physical exercises in exchange for freedom and a state pardon.

Funny. Really funny. You made my day.

1 Like

Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by StarrMatthieu: 11:44am On Jul 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Skanas(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Is there any time they were not on strike ?
Chillext: i taught they have being on strike ever since, cos dis year we neva get light reach 48hrs for my area...
my thought,exactly...
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2012

LOL. You this funny guy. I can always tell your posts from the first three lines, even without seeing who posted. Comic relief in the face of all these disappointments. It's all good sha. Keep it up. smiley
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Xplicit1(f): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
My area is a place dat is always havin lite, but der was no lite on friday mornin til on sat aftanon, i heard dey were on strike but som area was havin lite, like New Benin area, som part at 1st East Cir Rd. dey brought it lata anyway, but as i'm typin nw we don't ve lite
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by OXYZ: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
;Go and buy candles and stop complaining :DGo and buy candles and stop complaining
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by LaconicINC: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Ekenwan Road in Benin City,i can boast of 18hrs of light daily,d partial strike did not change that,only that we could not get recharge voucher to buy cos of d strike
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by ebamma(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
thanks to my generator,i dont care whether the are on strike or not
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by HayZee06(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
I tink wat dis PHCN knows best is how 2 STRIKE and not 2 supply adequate electricity....#smh.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Azidogen2: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
Oh! my God everybody for nairaland make una hear this one including the moderators and seun: fOR MY AREA NO LIGHT FOR ABOUT TWO AND A HALF DAYS!! This calls for a state of emergency on the power sector now! angryangryangryangry
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Jeejile: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
It makes no difference in Mararraba (a surbab of Abuja) cause we hardly see light for 7 hours in 7 days even b4 the strike. They can strike 4ever if they so wish.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by stagger: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
Light dey my area well well. Not feeling effects of any strike.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by CHouse: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
Abeg make nepa no halt the strike o cos since dey started, we have had steady electricity supply in my area kwara almost 24hr even till this very moment. Same area that has been worst hit with incessant or no supply at all for almost a year now.
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Watermelon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
See oh i've not seen the light for the past one m,onth in my area, not even a flash and we are gradually adjusting to life without power supply, naija i hail thee,
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by raySHUFFLE: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
Quite frankly it is just in lagos, ph abj and some economic driven states that you find power outage in osun state where I serve presently, our light has been on for days now and when it goes off it doesn't stay long at all. Let them privatize it because of economic reasons jor
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by Fourcade(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
UP NEPAAAAAAA!!! grin
it's been two days now,no light since friday
sad
Re: Phcn On Partial Strike? Is Your Area In Darkness? by najoke: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
Strike or no strike.....did not notice any difference,it has always been more dependence on gen than PHCN ,its even worse after dey increased d tarriff........

He no go berrra for their papa,from d one dt increased d tarriff to d idiots dem wey dey strike angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction / PDP To Zone 2023 Presidency To The North / Imo 2023: Lamidi Apapa Offshoot Of APC – LP Dep Gov Candidate, Tony Nwulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.