Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Wants To Move To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wants To Move To Uk (1449 Views)

Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Are Nigerian Student Visa Applications To UK Mostly Bogus? / Which Is The Best Place To Immigrate To, Uk, Usa, Canada, Australia And Europe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants To Move To Uk by achinaboy(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
e
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
achina boy: hi, just asking for some tips from someone who lives in uk,,,,i live in nederland with my 3kids and my wife,wife is citizen but am not,she studying nursing but am not ok,so i was thinking of going back to niaja and then come back with student visa to uk,so they would join me there or do someone have a better idea cause really wants my kids to grow in english country like uk. thanks

Why not get your spouse visa then move to the UK to study and pay less in school fees and have no restriction in terms of working hrs?
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Justwise read very well before you contribute he said the wife is a Citizen of Holland and he his not, achina the best is wat you want to do, but before you come back to nija try and get admission from a good school in uk and make sure you get a good account statement in Nigeria then come and apply, also try and seek for assistance from good traveling agent or most uk international school agents in Nigeria to assist you, uk always give visa when you account is ok, get your visa and travel to uk, tell you wife and kids to join you and i wish you the best
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Wasbayd: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
@poster I will advice you to take to justwise advice, I believe you are not a novice so it'll be needless lecturing you on how to plan your UK study trip from holland where you're legally married to a citizen and have all your papers valid. Maybe you actually want to come and see your people at home.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
oyibomoses: Justwise read very well before you contribute he said the wife is a Citizen of Holland and he his not, achina the best is wat you want to do, but before you come back to nija try and get admission from a good school in uk and make sure you get a good account statement in Nigeria then come and apply, also try and seek for assistance from good traveling agent or most uk international school agents in Nigeria to assist you, uk always give visa when you account is ok, get your visa and travel to uk, tell you wife and kids to join you and i wish you the best

achina don't listen to this individual, everything who wrote here will cost you dearly.

Since your wife is a citizen get your spouse visa and move to the UK straight from Holland, with that you don't need to apply for student visa and you will pay as home student and work full-time while studying.

You will be entitled to apply for scholarship just like British students, there is no need going back to Nigeria.

You don't need any international school agent to do that, this is what you can do for yourself within a day.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Davedavy: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
achina boy: hi, just asking for some tips from someone who lives in uk,,,,i live in nederland with my 3kids and my wife,wife is citizen but am not,she studying nursing but am not ok,so i was thinking of going back to niaja and then come back with student visa to uk,so they would join me there or do someone have a better idea cause really wants my kids to grow in english country like uk. thanks

Justwise advice is spot on,that is the easiest way you can migrate to the UK. Since you are a family member of an EU citizen,apply for a visa under Directive 2004/38/EC.The visa will be issued free of charge.You have to travel together with your wife or be traveling to join your wife in the UK.With this visa,you can stay in the UK and look for work or start your studies,you'll pay home fees and not international fees.

According to the law,you don't even need to apply for a visa as long as you have a residence permit issued to you on the basis of marriage to an EU citizen,but am not sure if UK implements this law or not,so you are better off applying for the visa,after all it's free.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2012
This man already know that before he asked a question, he his over there and know that since his wife is a citizen the wife can apply for him to get his, but we do not know why he his not using that, maybe there is something he his not telling us that was why i advice him to come back to nija and reply.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by DisGuy: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2012
justwise:

achina don't listen to this individual, everything who wrote here will cost you dearly.

Since your wife is a citizen get your spouse visa and move to the UK straight from Holland, with that you don't need to apply for student visa and you will pay as home student and work full-time while studying.

You will be entitled to apply for scholarship just like British students, there is no need going back to Nigeria.

You don't need any international school agent to do that, this is what you can do for yourself within a day.

I thought one would need to have been resident in the country for 3 years thats my understanding
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2012
Dis Guy:

I thought one would need to have been resident in the country for 3 years thats my understanding

I think that has to do with returning British citizen who has being away for more that 3yrs or so. . .but i will check out the area you highlighted.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Davedavy: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2012
Dis Guy:

I am not too sure of the UK system but in all other EU countries,the criteria for eligibility for home/EU fees is to be ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland(any country in the EEA) for the three year period before the first day of the first academic year of the programme.So if he has been living in Netherlands for the past 3 years he should qualify.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Davedavy: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2012

How long have you been living in Netherlands? if you have been living in Netherlands for 3 years,i believe you should be eligible to naturalize by now,why not take that route;naturalize first and them move to the UK.
I am guessing you have been living in Netherlands for at least 3 years because you mentioned you have 3 kids,if however you haven't been living in Netherlands for at least 3 years as a tax payer,you will probably be paying international fees in UK.
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by achinaboy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
@Davedavy
How long have you been living in Netherlands? if you have been living in Netherlands for 3 years,i believe you should be eligible to naturalize by now,why not take that route;naturalize first and them move to the UK.
I am guessing you have been living in Netherlands for at least 3 years because you mentioned you have 3 kids,if however you haven't been living in Netherlands for at least 3 years as a tax payer,you will probably be paying international fees in UK.
...............................................................................................................................................

Everybody sounds helpful,on Davedavy,been living in Nederland for the past ten years but,haven`t naturalize due to unexplanable circumstance,hope you understand,but still got the chance maybe in time to come,but my reason for Uk as i said before, just for my kids future and also to explore the little left in me
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by achinaboy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
@oyibomoses This man already know that before he asked a question, he his over there and know that since his wife is a citizen the wife can apply for him to get his, but we do not know why he his not using that, maybe there is something he his not telling us that was why i advice him to come back to nija and reply.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
love your contribution
Re: Wants To Move To Uk by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
lol

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Member Died In Accident Along Warri/sapele Road, Delta, Today(pic) / China's 1st Passenger Plane Takes Off For Maiden Flight / Letter Of Invitation From My Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.