Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" (3644 Views)

The Difference Btwn Religiosity And Spirituality! Christ Is More Than Mere Talk! / Is There A Correlation Between Religiosity And Education? / Lamentations about Churches hiding under the cloak of religiosity to use members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
on sunday after church, my church offers 5 pm house prayers, on the way back from church my dad wants to listen to christian music, on wednesdays and friday, everybody wants to go to church service.

I don't want to sound like an atheist but it is "burdening" MASSIVELY, I know I have my opinions, but do you have to, anytime I confront my parents on this they call me "atheist wannabee". and it not only them many Nigerians do it.

Is it a sin to believe in God, meditate, go to church on sunday, if you love your church so much pay 20% tithe..?

This Over religious habit has taken us as a nation nowhere. nowhere, we are fvcking corrupt for people who claim to be close to God, and some of this activities start from the Church, I don't know any church that has not made it a business and are constantsly using real life business tricks like "Social proof" to attract more "customers".

why?, do you have to do all that

it so bad that you can't talk about ur problem, without someone link it to God

1 Like

Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
please dont become another john holmes.live your life and respect other peoples decision to live
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
diluminati: please dont become another john holmes.live your life and respect other peoples decision to live

That the problem, I am trying but I feel like I am becoming some kind of "athiest".

Its annoying
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
vladimiros: on sunday after church, my church offers 5 pm house prayers, on the way back from church my dad wants to listen to christian music, on wednesdays and friday, everybody wants to go to church service.

I don't want to sound like an atheist but it is "burdening" MASSIVELY, I know I have my opinions, but do you have to, anytime I confront my parents on this they call me "atheist wannabee". and it not only them many Nigerians do it.

Is it a sin to believe in God, meditate, go to church on sunday, if you love your church so much pay 20% tithe..?

This Over religious habit has taken us as a nation nowhere. nowhere, we are fvcking corrupt for people who claim to be close to God, and some of this activities start from the Church, I don't know any church that has not made it a business and are constantsly using real life business tricks like "Social proof" to attract more "customers".

why?, do you have to do all that

it so bad that you can't talk about ur problem, without someone link it to God

You are asking pertinent questions and it won't be long before you will discover that religion is a waste of time and the whole god concept especially as practiced in Nigeria is a fraud. People will hate you for questioning the status quo(religion) but in order to live your life in a way that makes you not to look like a hypocrite, you have to fvcking dump religion and the entire god concept.

1 Like

Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
2good:

You are asking pertinent questions and it won't be long before you will discover that religion is a waste of time and the whole god concept especially as practiced in Nigeria is a fraud. People will hate you for questioning the status quo(religion) but in order to live your life in a way that makes you not to look like a hypocrite, you have to fvcking dump religion and the entire god concept.

i STRONGLY DO BELIEVE IN GOD, its just Nigerians over do it, we don't read the Bible with understanding, and then twist it under different church domains

I have decided to live my life " hell thinking free"
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
vladimiros:

i STRONGLY DO BELIEVE IN GOD, its just Nigerians over do it, we don't read the Bible with understanding, and then twist it under different church domains

I have decided to live my life " hell thinking free"
dont listen to that i-diot called 2good. ignore religion but read your bible. that id-iot 2good is looking to recruit for his father the devil
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
buzugee: dont listen to that i-diot called 2good. ignore religion but read your bible. that id-iot 2good is looking to recruit for his father the devil

he seems like an ok athiest to me
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
vladimiros:

he seems like an ok athiest to me
seeems ok till you are roasting with him in 1000000 degrees fire
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
buzugee: dont listen to that i-diot called 2good. ignore religion but read your bible. that id-iot 2good is looking to recruit for his father the devil

Buzugee you can see how intolerant you are. Do you have to call me an i-diot in order to make your point known? That is the problem with religion. Instead of making your point logical, you go about insulting people that query your believes simply because you have no logical proof to back all what you believe.
Also why threaten the OP with hell fire? Is there no better proof you can give besides the lame one you just provided. Worst of all is that you are one of the most racist religionist just like the KKK and believe there is a heaven waiting for you. SMH for you.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by dorox(m): 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
2good:

Buzugee you can see how intolerant you are. Do you have to call me an idiot in order to make your point known? That is the problem with religion. Instead of making your point logical, you go about insulting people that query your believes simply because you have no logical proof to back all what you believe.
Also why threaten the OP with hell fire? Is there no better proof you can give besides the lame one you just provided. Worst of all is that you are one of the most racist religionist just like the KKK and believe there is a heaven waiting for you. SMH for you.
I am a christian and not an atheist but at this very point i am one hundred percent in agreement with you over my fellow God believer, Buzugee.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
buzugee: seeems ok till you are roasting with him in 1000000 degrees fire

common man, no need for hell talk
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
2good:

Buzugee you can see how intolerant you are. Do you have to call me an idiot in order to make your point known? That is the problem with religion. Instead of making your point logical, you go about insulting people that query your believes simply because you have no logical proof to back all what you believe.
LOL all i am doing is returning the favor. scripture says it is a righteous thing to recompense those that trouble you. i believe you troubled me yesterday. and i prove all my points with scripture. i dont come out of my own vain opinions. the lord is racist

deuteronomy 7 vs 6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. wink wink
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
vladimiros:

common man, no need for hell talk
this 10000 degrees heat is not hell. hell is not real. there is no such thing as a place called hell. however there will be destruction by fire when the lord returns. not forever fire. but fire nonetheless for those who arent right. fire is a purifying agent. it purifies.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
One thing christians and most of d lot fail to reason each time they play they "hell" card is. Let's say u make it to "heaven", and one of your family member doesn't but rather ends up in "hell". Can u live with yourself happily in heaven knowing fully well that someone u love is roasting forever! Can YOU? If ur answer is anywhere around yes, u r evil urself. But if no, u might wana ask urself a few more questions about ur religion
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2012
Area_boy: One thing christians and most of d lot fail to reason each time they play they "hell" card is. Let's say u make it to "heaven", and one of your family member doesn't but rather ends up in "hell". Can u live with yourself happily in heaven knowing fully well that someone u love is roasting forever! Can YOU? If ur answer is anywhere around yes, u r evil urself. But if no, u might wana ask urself a few more questions about ur religion
dude, when that day comes, its every man for self. you will have no remembrance of worldly affiliations. but nevertheless hell is not real. hell is a condition on earth. however when christ returns those who are not right will be roasted in fire
malachi 1 vs 4 Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire, ” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by engrtee(f): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Over religion ones wish the carefree ones to be like them......care free ones are iritated by the holyholy ones...

We want every body to be lyk us...but its not posible...lets learn to tolerate others.....endure.,IF U CAN'T BEAT THEM,JOIN THEM.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by manmustwac(m): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Buzugee is just upset because he's afraid that 2good was about to lead one of his fellow christians away from Christianity
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
manmustwac: Buzugee is just upset because he's afraid that 2good was about to lead one of his fellow christians away from Christianity
LOL Bruh it wasnt even nothing to do with that. the guy said some underhanded stuff to me yesterday. thats all this was. i was recompensing. scripture do say it is a righteous thing to recompense to those that trouble you 2 thessalonians 1 vs 6 grin
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by owo2390(m): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2012
Nigerians need to tone down the "religiosity" its holding the country back.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: LOL Bruh it wasnt even nothing to do with that. the guy said some underhanded stuff to me yesterday. thats all this was. i was recompensing. scripture do say it is a righteous thing to recompense to those that trouble you 2 thessalonians 1 vs 6 grin

Quote what I said to warrant your calling me an i-diot. Its obvious you have no better defense to exonerate yourself..
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by ijawkid(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: LOL Bruh it wasnt even nothing to do with that. the guy said some underhanded stuff to me yesterday. thats all this was. i was recompensing. scripture do say it is a righteous thing to recompense to those that trouble you 2 thessalonians 1 vs 6 grin

Lol..

No mind 2good....

He wants to recruit more atheists.....
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol..

No mind 2good....

See this blind follower. Your bible sef talk say if you follow a blind man una 2 go fall inside a pit. So make U continue
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2012
2good:

Quote what I said to warrant your calling me an i-diot. Its obvious you have no better defense to exonerate yourself..
hey Brah, obviously you are not an id-iot so you should let it slide of your back. wasnt nothing personal. accept my apologies if you were offended. however i have to iterate that you are a crazy son of a gun for thinking atheism will not get you smoked like eja shawa when the lord returns grin on that faithful day of judgement we will change your name from 2good to 2smoked
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol..

No mind 2good....

yeah, he the adversary that is busy prowling and recruiting souls for the day of human suya grin grin my Chief i troway salute
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Jenwitemi(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2012
The christian ways is the greatest recruiter/converter of the brethrens to atheism. Look at the OP, he is already tired of the "christian" ways he was brought up in which was the reason for having opened this thread. Christianity, especially the one practiced in Nigeria, is driving people to atheism and fast. The religion is becoming more and more obtrusive in their lives with the 6-7 days a week worship as well as the massive financial burden it is putting on them by demanding tithing each and every time they attend all these "extra-sunday" worship days. To the OP (and rightly so), the religion he is in is fast becoming a nuisance in his life. Everybody needs some privacy sometimes. Dedicating a day to service per week is more than enough.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 9:55am On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: hey Brah, obviously you are not an id-iot so you should let it slide of your back. wasnt nothing personal. accept my apologies if you were offended. however i have to iterate that you are a crazy son of a gun for thinking atheism will not get you smoked like eja shawa when the lord returns grin on that faithful day of judgement we will change your name from 2good to 2smoked

better. no wahala. cased settled. now back to the topic!
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: The christian ways is the greatest recruiter/converter of the brethrens to atheism. Look at the OP, he is already tired of the "christian" ways he was brought up in which was the reason for having opened this thread. Christianity, especially the one practiced in Nigeria, is driving people to atheism and fast.
what they are practicing in nigeria is not christianity. get it right. what they are practicing is idolatry. they worship the created ( pastor chris tb joshua oledepo ) more than the creator.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Jenwitemi(m): 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
Rubbish, burugee. There is no officially proper way of practicing that religion. It has always been like that since the 1st century. And moreover, worshiping the "creator", as you put it, is also idolatory. Afterall, you have to worship that creator in a place of worship, right?
buzugee: what they are practicing in nigeria is not christianity. get it right. what they are practicing is idolatry. they worship the created ( pastor chris tb joshua oledepo ) more than the creator.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: Rubbish, burugee. There is no officially proper way of practicing that religion. It has always been like that since the 1st century. And moreover, worshiping the "creator", as you put it, is also idolatory. Afterall, you have to worship that creator in a place of worship, right?
first off it is not a religion. it is a lifestyle. religion is man made invention

secondly, you worship the lord by loving your fellow man. that doesnt sound like idolatry to me. if i feed a beggar or if i help a widow fetch water from the well, or if i help an old man go get his medicine because he is wheelchair bound etc etc. these are how the lord wants you to worship him. any other extra stuff like gathering together in your best sunday attire and whatnot ? that is all man made. see if you read the bible properly you would know all these things. and i aint talking about only the new testament neither. start from Job and work your way through the major prophets like isaiah, jeremiah, ezekiel, daniel, then on down to joel, hosea, malachi, nahum, habbakuk, micah etc etc and then all the new testament. the old testament, especially the book of jeremiah is anti-pastors
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Jenwitemi(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2012
And lifestyles aren't manmade, buzugee? Any religion can claim itself to be a lifestyle, if you must know. Any group, sect, cult... Apple Mac usage is considered a lifestyle by mac users. It changes little in the end. Pap water na still pap.
buzugee: first off it is not a religion. it is a lifestyle. religion is man made invention

secondly, you worship the lord by loving your fellow man. that doesnt sound like idolatry to me. if i feed a beggar or if i help a widow fetch water from the well, or if i help an old man go get his medicine because he is wheelchair bound etc etc. these are how the lord wants you to worship him. any other extra stuff like gathering together in your best sunday attire and whatnot ? that is all man made. see if you read the bible properly you would know all these things. and i aint talking about only the new testament neither. start from Job and work your way through the major prophets like isaiah, jeremiah, ezekiel, daniel, then on down to joel, hosea, malachi, nahum, habbakuk, micah etc etc and then all the new testament. the old testament, especially the book of jeremiah is anti-pastors
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: And lifestyles aren't manmade, buzugee? [s]Any religion can claim itself to be a lifestyle[/s], if you must know. Any group, sect, cult... Apple Mac usage is considered a lifestyle by mac users. It changes little in the end. Pap water na still pap.
Bruh, the bible is not a religion. it is a book of history and prophesys and a manual of instruction in how to live. if you buy a fridge it comes with a manual of instruction. same with a tv and a computer. so why do you think the creator of man will not give us a manual of instruction in how to eat, live, dress etc ? all those are in the bible. how to eat, dress, live, treat each other and the repercussion of not treating each other well. thats all the bible is. a manual of instruction. out of this manual of instruction, when the romans took control of the world they used these scrolls to form religions so as to divide and conquer people. the romans formed the religion christianity and roman catholicism and islam. gerrit ? so religion as a whole whether it is christianity or islam or buddhism etc are all man made rubbish.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2012
Jenwitemi: The christian ways is the greatest recruiter/converter of the brethrens to atheism. Look at the OP, he is already tired of the "christian" ways he was brought up in which was the reason for having opened this thread. Christianity, especially the one practiced in Nigeria, is driving people to atheism and fast. The religion is becoming more and more obtrusive in their lives with the 6-7 days a week worship as well as the massive financial burden it is putting on them by demanding tithing each and every time they attend all these "extra-sunday" worship days. To the OP (and rightly so), the religion he is in is fast becoming a nuisance in his life. Everybody needs some privacy sometimes. Dedicating a day to service per week is more than enough.

THANK YOU

that my point..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Star, Glory And Destiny / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' / If You Are God, Which Of These Prayers Will U Answer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.