Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

What Do You Like About Your Father. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Like About Your Father. (10925 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Krucifax(m): 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
My father taught me important life lessons on money management,and handling my emotions under stress.
On money management,he would say "there's a difference between what you need and what you want". (Although he said this during my secondary/university years when i'd ring him for pocket money) grin But i still chant those words privately in my mind when faced with contrasting priorities seeking attention of my credit card.
On handling my emotions,i learned from observing my dad who was as cool as ice when all hell is breaking loose.He always sought the crust of a matter and could never be bothered with getting flustered or overly emotional.

Also from a genetic stand point my academic achievements in life were definitely an inheritance from my dad's impressive I.Q(He was one of handful of students selected by the government from his region based on their educational achievements for sponsorship for foreign uni education,hence my dual nationality) Thanks pops in more ways than one. smiley
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by stpat1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love him because of his stance that the least any of his children will attain is a first degree, and he made sure his all 7 children got just that. I almost cried the day I found out he mortgaged his car to pay for my school fees.

He didn't have much but wanted to give all. I didn't blink a second when I decided to give him my first car.

I love you so much dad
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by kenntechs: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
when i read comments about people commenting their fathers,i felt like crying.
I only wished i had a better father.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Babymiles(f): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
He never jokes with our education. I love him more wen i c him nd ma mum play like lil kids. I love 2 c his dimples wen he smiles cos it makes him look younger nd mre handsome. Love u Dadda Dou
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by anyi385(m): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love na bossman coz of his good heart and he believes in me. Much love dad.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by MariaGoretti: 2:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Wen i was a litle gal, i always tot dt my dad hated mi cus if he needs anytin, i wuld b d one he wuld kol on. I saw it as a form of punishment n it continued dt way until dis present age. I neva undastud y he wont send my oda siblins; so i resorted to nt ansarin him sometyms; bt wif d invention of fone, if he nids mi, he dials mi number even if both of us r in d house. So i rili do nt lyk him sometyms for dt. Bt i came to relize dt it wasnt a punishment after his accident earlier dis yr, cus he wuld always want mi around him, to do dis n dat for him even if odas wia dia n if am nt around he wuld kol mi; twas just sheer lykness. My dad is.....i rili dnt know, vnt found d ryt word for him yet bt all i know is dt if am to choose my dad in my next lyf, it will v to b him. Same goes for mi moma...i choose my parents anytym, aniday....cus dey r such lovely piple.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2012
I love my dad because after he knocked up my mum, he got the hell out of town sharp sharp and has never been heard from again..sharp guy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by turl(m): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2012
proudlyafrican: [/b]

Bro. i luv you honesty,our fathers definitely had theirs too where they made some few mistakes even though we may not want to mention it because the post said [b]"What do you like about your father".
However,i have got to learn from his mistakes and vowed not to repeat them.I have two girls today and have put a stop to baby making;there is so much pressure on me to have more kids because everyone feels i am doing well and can still accommodate more but i strongly believe it is not the number that counts nor a male or female child but the quality of life you give to them.We cannot change our yesterday or today because it is gone but we can change our tomorrow.Hope your kids will have so much they like about you.Cheers.

thanks man
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Morgan1092(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2012
Hey peepz! Dia z only 1 Dad in d world, n He's my Dad. A Dad dat trips me wit His words of advice n courage, a Dad dat z so religious, a Dad dat cares n loves. Infact, words can not press 4da. I Love My DAD
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by lordizak(m): 9:24am On Aug 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by beemojo: 9:28am On Aug 14, 2012
i tink ma dad is d best in d world, tough lik a military personnel, bt he has a soft outlook...a badt comedian,highly diplomatic, a peace maker,generous...we have our bifs nevertheless, he is d best i v seen...infact, ma husband must to resemble ma papa and yea, he is tall, dark and handsome like Asa wuld say...beautiful imperfection
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by crackhouse(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2012
I could remember in those days when we were young when my father always pursue us out of the parlour telling us to go to our room and denying us entry into the parlour to watch our black & white T.V whenever he's around, even though i was angry then but there was nothing i can do b/cos i was a kid. This and other things made me to be closer to my Mum more than my Dad to the extent that i find it difficult discussing somethings with him now that i am grown.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Lbrasi: 10:05am On Aug 14, 2012
Though you are late but u taught us to be honest,diligent and we shld always remember dt integrity has no substitute.u were loving,caring,hardworking and
u would spend ur last kobo on ur kids welfare.You valued education so much and when the lawyer walked in to read ur will to us we were all tears especially the part that says no one shld touch any of my property till my last son is tru with his education at any level he so wishes.u were indeed great.....
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by yam: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2012
I DONT NO WAT TO SAY BUT THE IRONY OF IT IS DAT U COULD STILL BE THE BEST WITHOUT THEM

I DONT THINK I VE LIVED IN D SAME HOUSE WITH HIM FOR 2 DAYS

HE DOESNT KNOW ANYTIN ABT ME(scool,shelter,i mean everytin)

THE LAST TYME I SAW HIM WAS ALMOST 15YRS AND DAT WAS FOR 2O MINS,I PROSTRATED TO GREET HIM BT HE IS ALWAYS HAPPY TO SEE HIM

HE STAYS IN OGUN STATE AND I LIVE IN LAGOS STATE

MY MOTHER HAS ADVISED ME TO GO AND SEE HIM BUT I AM JUST WANDERING TO SEE HIM FOR WAT.

I THINK I COULD RATHER CELEBRATE WOMEN DAT STAYS WIT SUCH MEN TO D END

i am nt saying he is bad,wicked,stubborn. i would rada say sometins were nt mmeant to be.

I WILL TRY AND SEE HIM BT I JUST DONT KNOW.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by temi4fash(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2012
i like him because wen d goin was bad he was strong for me.... he always ensured i never lacked, he was one man i culd tell everything abt ma self n he wuld always av an advice for me....
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by adira(f): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
I love my Dad cos his teachings hit my heart, always meaningful and worth to me, another is the way he chart with me talke like best friends, he take good care of me, never want never want to let any of his child down, always putting all effort to see we are fine. he is handsome (i love all about him).
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Ewoma45(f): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
My dad z 2 gentle nd quiet 2 a fault,hardly complains,cud b vewi lazy at tyms.wish he has a job nw.love those days wen he buys lots of chop chop 4 us den on his bak 4rm work.stil luu him sha
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by DukeNija(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is a fantastic thread. And for some strange reason, this thread is making me love and appreciate my Dad even more. Threads like this should be encouraged. Not some stupid thread on how Dbanj became friends with an Elephant, or Tonto dike kissing an Anaconda.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Duke_Nija: This is a fantastic thread. And for some strange reason, this thread is making me love and appreciate my Dad even more. Threads like this should be encouraged. Not some stupid thread on how Dbanj became friends with an Elephant, or Tonto dike kissing an Anaconda.

kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
beemojo: i tink ma dad is d best in d world, tough lik a military personnel, bt he has a soft outlook...a badt comedian,highly diplomatic, a peace maker,generous...we have our bifs nevertheless, he is d best i v seen...infact, ma husband must to resemble ma papa and yea, he is tall, dark and handsome like Asa wuld say...beautiful imperfection

mmh..I dey feel you
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by greatgod2012(f): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
NOTHING!!!!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 27, 2012
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
greatgod2012: NOTHING!!!!

uhh undecided undecided undecided undecided.is it that he is the monster grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by corruptst(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2012
He is intelligent, got mine from him but talk of all vices and U?? have my father.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by tpia5: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Jeolight: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
my father is father Christmas's. he buys all Christmas decorations once its first of DEC. he also buys Christmas music and plays it from 4 am till he goes to work and as soon as he comes back from work. its his happiest season.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by styca(m): 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
Reading through these posts I realiszed how blessed we are to have our Dads. Also they might not get the chance to see these beautiful posts. Lets take it a step further by telling them how much we appreciate them this season. Jeolight,tpia5,corruptst,greatgod2012,ftmom,beemojo,Duke_Nija,Ewoma45,adira,temi4fash,yam,Lbrasi,crackhouse,lordizak,morgan1092,turl,proudlyafrican,Gogobirilalas,mariaGoretti,anyi385,Babymiles,Kenntechs,stpat1,Krucifax,ekwah,davidcobi,Dfash,nikkyshyne,razznaija
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by tpia1982: 3:54am On Dec 30, 2014
GogobiriLalas:
I love my dad because after he knocked up my mum, he got the hell out of town sharp sharp and has never been heard from again..sharp guy

hm, oh well, father is father.

his staying around doesnt necessarily mean it would have been better for you, seeing how things went.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 30, 2014
He is the best gift God gave me grin
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by tpiander: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Benjamin4388(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
been a year plus i lost my dad..the best guy i ever known,my best friend..being an introvert.my best company was wit p-man,all the jokes,lil goosips,the places we hangout to,the care(all this u appreciate more when u realize sum pals neva had one)..looking back u wer like god to me..i felt safe wen der is trouble.hunger.when am lost.crises even if am kidnap lol,i just need to get to you and all is settled.you were my surest gee.u neva disappointed any single day and hoped i tried as a son to make u happy n smile while on earth my hero.my surest gee.i hope to be even as half great as you.you did have a big shoe.i stil miss aw u downplay my streights in academics etc wen am around..but how ur friends and collegues always cast you on how u always praise or boast about me..am stil sad n dejected i wasnt wit u on ur last days when am in schl..always thot nthing could get you..i miss you man,.i love you dad and i hope to see you someday..forever my hero.best friend.piliot echo
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
mo2raur:
My father, Mr Adebajo A.A himself, Ijoba fondly calld my his frds or Goverment or Baba ijebu nt becos he is stingy but becos he is a native of Omo ljebu.

I dnt knw hw to describe you but i v dis to say he is loving, sweet , kind, generous( i remberd wen u paid for 2 of my frds dat couldnt afford GCE fee). Ready at any time to give his last kobo to us. At my age my sweet dad wil stil chop remain 4 me. He v good retentive memory, intelligent(always helpin me wit my assignment during my undergraduate days).

Opeoluwa, anytime he calls that my special name i knw sumtin good is on my way. He dnt wnt me to b behind or tink or get disturb dat is y u paid 4 my Master dat im doin nw. Though u v retired wen i was just 10yrs old. U wantd d 3 of us to b sum1 in life we'l definitely get there.

Always doing vigil praying 4 us. U celebratd ur 75th bday last mth. God pls grant him more yrs in good health. He is too nice, God bless us while he is stil alive not after he is died.

Dad, i knw u r nt hapy 4 sumtim nw but not my fault i'l stil b dat Mrs u wantd very soon by God grace, u wont die nw or soon cos u n mum wil carry my babies. U tried dad. I love u in a trillion times, i love u 2 Mamaniyan i love my family.

This thread makes me cry, infact so sad.

You are definitely a wife material. I wish the ready-guy would see what I am seeing and pop the question and do the needful before June this year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help With A Meanig Of Seeing A Dead Father In The Dream / The Collapse Of Family Is The Collapse Of Society / Being A First Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.