Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years (28979 Views)

Buhari Should Be Allowed To Rule Beyond 2019, Says Wamakko / "Jonathan May Not Rule Beyond 2015"..Asari Dokubo / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Willy7(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
comradefery: Please be wiser, don't allow emotion and hatred overwhelm your sense of reasoning, understanding and Judgement. Next time read the body of an article, not the headline!
And who told u i didnt read or understand what was written?No matter how u see it,whether constitutionally legal or not,GEj doesnt have any business on that sit beyond 2015,thats if he makes it to then as president.You that is wise should be sincere to urself.You sycophants think that bashing and picking up fights with anyone that criticizes GEJ makes u a pro GEJ or supporter whereas it only exposes ur evil minds and dumbfounding stupidity.I voted for GEJ,and since then i have been appologising to my generation for that singular mistake.Anytime any soul dies due to his incompetense,i appologise and feel guilty.Thats how painful and regretful it is ok?I'm entitled to my opinion.Face ur front

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2012
shymmex:

The country is getting more divided by day, and at this rate - do you think there will be a country called; Nigeria, in 2015?

Fam, something big is going to hit Nigeria very soon, if you guys don't do something about this present administration. Just one thing will trigger the end of Nigeria.
They can't see it and I just can't fathom how a people can just be so collectively gullible as hell. smh
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
ronkebp:
So what do we fight for? at least before we start to fight there must be a reason for the war....
Africans fought for "equality", some women fought for "gender equality", the Americans fought world war 1 and 2, Uk too fought wars...

What will be the reason we are fighting? to impeach Jonathan?

Nigerian masses should fight for equality, dividends of democracy, security of lives, good governance, good infrastructures, and rights to their resources and common wealth..

Nigeria belongs to everyone - both the elites and the masses
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by aldrick: 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
you guys will see the back of jonathan if he wins 2015 election@northerns hahahahah
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
ronkebp:

Exactly what i was talking about...'rioting will never be the answer".
there're so many ways to get d attention of a sitting govt,-violence,strike,threat,negotiation etc.i believe rioting is also inclusive..even d bible supported it-d kingdom of God suffereth violence,violence taketh it by force.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Dyce: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ode
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by comradefery: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Some people will continue to develope avoidable High Blood Preasure here. I don't see any big issue, except that some people, especially the creators of the political impediments on GEJ's way have taken their hatred too far. The man in question GEJ, hasn't performed wonders, no doubt, but it must also be stated that he inherited a terrible system. Despite the billions of dollars spent on power, Roads, and Transport, yet there's nothing to show, and most of the frauds which his administration is probing today, were not committed under his regime, and 2yrs in power, a section of the country is doing terrible thigns to make him a failure, and the question is, at whose expense? About 5 months ago, he was asked if he would run in 2015, and he said that the contitution permited him to run, since then he has not spoken about it again, after this statement, some people went to court to challenge his position, and it was the case that came up yesterday. Now some people are twisting every thing to suit their evil voyage and make it look as if Jonathan boasted yesterday about his intention to remain in power forever. I question the unity of this nation!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by fesse(f): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
He is constitutionally balanced to contest come 2015.

He still have some 2 and something years to prove to Nigerians that he can.

But i doubt his winning with the way things are going.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Debokan: We're only in 2012 and some are already killing themselves over 2015. GEJ may end up suprising us all.

How? By increasing his daily feeding allowance from $30,000 to $1billion? Or by starting to read $8Billion Newspapers, instead of the N500,000,000 he's currently spending? Or are we gonna wake up one morning and find that theres a "GEJ State" carved out of Bayelsa and Dame has been named Governor, Vice Governor and House Speaker of that state?

Tell me, please, what you think this surprise will be, because if you're still holding out hope of anything good from this administration . . . . well . . . . I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but theres nothing like a Unicorn, Santa, Tooth-fairy, or Magic Carpet.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by izenco2005(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2012
SuyaEater: Idiotic president ...this is how dictatorship start
milion yrs to come ur family will nt smile dat offix, stupor
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ronkebp(f): 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
Yomieluv: there're so many ways to get d attention of a sitting govt,-violence,strike,threat,negotiation etc.i believe rioting is also inclusive..even d bible supported it-d kingdom of God suffereth violence,violence taketh it by force.

Great!!!! you will be surprised to know that not all wars that isreal wnated to fight in the same Bible that God supported. There is time for everything, right now, is not the time for rioting and wars.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
ayox2003:

Hahaha. Show me one thing GEJ has done and I would show you millions of people who are suffering because of his irresponsibility. The country is decelerating, Ghana and Zambia are even taking us to the cleaners and u're here spewing trash. If GEJ performs I will vote for him but his incessant ranting about trivial things is making this country sick.

When time comes, we would see what would become of him. And mind you, I'm a Nigerian.

Frawzey

I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU SERIOUSLY
WHAT TANGIBLE THING DO YOU EXPECT GEJ TO DO JUST OVER ONE YEAR NOT EVEN UP TO 2 YEARS
DO YOU REASON WITH YOUR ANUS??OBASANJO GOVERNED FOR 8 SOLID YEARS AND WE ARE STILL IN THESAME PLACE THE MILITARY LEFT US AND YOU EXPECT GEJ TO DO THE MAGIC?? PLEASE BE REASONABLE AND GIVE HIM 3YEARS ATO SAY THE LEAST BEFORE CASTING ASPERSIONS.
THANK YOU
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by jimjones: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju: ...He is very correct.. All he did was complete the mandate of the late Yaradua who was the duly elected president not him!

Team GOOLDLUCK 2015!! Fresh Breeze Campaign[size=12pt][/size]

is the vice-president elected or appointed?
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by size38: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
Carry on GEJ after all u only completed Yar'adua's tenure in office. We are behind u, we will vote for u again as against religious bigots like Buhari and his likes come 2015
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
comradefery: The man in question GEJ, hasn't performed wonders, no doubt, but it must also be stated that he inherited a terrible system. Despite the billions of dollars spent on power, Roads, and Transport, yet there's nothing to show, and most of the frauds which his administration is probing today, were not committed under his regime, and 2yrs in power, a section of the country is doing terrible thigns to make him a failure, and the question is, at whose expense?

So, because he "inherited" a messed up system, his job was to then compound it and make it worse?

How much was in the Treasury when GEJ took over? How much is there now?

How much was in the Sovereign Wealth Fund when GEJ took over, how much is there now?

How much was Nigeria's debt when he took over how much is it now?

How much was Subsidy before he took over whats the mess going on now?

Dude, abeg, go put on a condom and make love to the mouth of an alligator because clearly you're too insane to think logically.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
fesse: He is constitutionally balanced to contest come 2015.

He still have some 2 and something years to prove to Nigerians that he can.

But i doubt his winning with the way things are going.

MY DEAR YOU STARTED WELL BUT DONT SPOIL YOUR GOOD SENSE OF REASONING.HE WILL WIN IN THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION BECAUSE GEJ MUST PERFORM HE KNOWS WHAT IS ATSTAKE SHOULD HE PHUCK UP,AFTER WATCHING HIS LIVE DEBATE MORE CONFIDENCE GREW IN ME AND I KNOW HE KNOWS NIGERIANS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH HIM AND THAT IS THE ONE MORE REASON HE NEEDS TO SIT UP AND MAKE THEM SMILE. THANK YOU
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
kingoflag:

So, because he "inherited" a messed up system, his job was to then compound it and make it worse?

How much was in the Treasury when GEJ took over? How much is there now?

How much was in the Sovereign Wealth Fund when GEJ took over, how much is there now?

How much was Nigeria's debt when he took over how much is it now?

How much was Subsidy before he took over whats the mess going on now?

Dude, abeg, go put on a condom and make love to the mouth of an alligator because clearly you're too insane to think logically.

I WASA EXPECTING YOU TO TELL US THE ANSWERS TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS YOU RAISED
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by digitalclo: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]. Anybody is allowed to go for as many as d nigerian constitution stipulates but a JOHN? nATHAN? Absolutely NO!
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
jim jones:

The Vice-President is not elected but appointed.....
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
jim jones:

IS THE VICE PRESIDENT THE PRESIDENT
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by jimjones: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
i hope he rules for life! life being that he dies in a couple weeks.

sss(i know say una dey dis nairaland), please do not invite me for clarification as this is my default, heartfelt prayer for any idiot that plans to RULE rather than SERVE nigeria/nigerians. now run along and kiss some more of your ruler's nyansh. godspeed.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
PDP; POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Come 2015, We will do it again. PDP leads, others follow....
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by jimjones: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

The Vice-President is not elected but appointed.....

lol. ndo.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
Willy7: And who told u i didnt read or understand what was written?No matter how u see it,whether constitutionally legal or not,GEj doesnt have any business on that sit beyond 2015,thats if he makes it to then as president.You that is wise should be sincere to urself.You sycophants think that bashing and picking up fights with anyone that criticizes GEJ makes u a pro GEJ or supporter whereas it only exposes ur evil minds and dumbfounding stupidity.I voted for GEJ,and since then i have been appologising to my generation for that singular mistake.Anytime any soul dies due to his incompetense,i appologise and feel guilty.Thats how painful and regretful it is ok?I'm entitled to my opinion.Face ur front

WITH THE BOLDED ABOVE I PRAY YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE GEJ BEING SWORN IN AGAIN FOR CONTINUATION OF WHAT HE STARTED .... IDIOT
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ayox2003: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
ifihearam:

I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU SERIOUSLY
WHAT TANGIBLE THING DO YOU EXPECT GEJ TO DO JUST OVER ONE YEAR NOT EVEN UP TO 2 YEARS
DO YOU REASON WITH YOUR ANUS??OBASANJO GOVERNED FOR 8 SOLID YEARS AND WE ARE STILL IN THESAME PLACE THE MILITARY LEFT US AND YOU EXPECT GEJ TO DO THE MAGIC?? PLEASE BE REASONABLE AND GIVE HIM 3YEARS ATO SAY THE LEAST BEFORE CASTING ASPERSIONS.
THANK YOU

Hahaha Who cares? Politics is not Music. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

GEJ is underperforming. Shikena!

And if you dont have the membrane to see things with your eyes now , then God knows how you would see 2015. And I'll save the "anus" yab for another day. smiley

Frawzey
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Can someone tell me who is a better candidate in a winning political party thats better than GEJ ?
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
ayox2003:

Hahaha. Show me one thing GEJ has done and I would show you millions of people who are suffering because of his irresponsibility. The country is decelerating, Ghana and Zambia are even taking us to the cleaners and u're here spewing trash. If GEJ performs I will vote for him but his incessant ranting about trivial things is making this country sick.

When time comes, we would see what would become of him. And mind you, I'm a Nigerian.

Frawzey
Okay. Now, your argument is in form of anger directed at the president for not moving the country forward as you would have expected and so is the president himself. There are instances of him pointing to things really disturbing his focus in providing the needed development like the Nigerian politic, corrupt yet tribal leaders and the incessant Boko Haram terrorist attacks. A single terrorist attack can destabilize any nation , even, the almighty USA. The impact of these bombing on his administration is under-looked by the citizens and those behind the extremist group using it as a tool to disrupt this government are very power and in the position of turning the nation war if GEJ take some actions as many Nigerians would want him to.

On the side of provision of infrastructure. I think he has done better than any other administration. Privatizing some of the derelict government companies, like the Power Holdings of Nigeria for better management(Some past government has sunk over $16 billion to near nothing achieved yet not questioning) and the power is going to be better manage in his administration than other. I know the citizens will still cry even if there are no tax at all or point to increase bill(it is true Nigerians want the government to provide them some things in a platter of Gold). Peopl, have testify to the fact that the government step in finding solution to power problem is having a headway, though, not functioning as it is expected to be.. Time would tell.

There are more governor working in this present government than in any other that has rule the country, for the simple reason the present president doesn't interfere in state politic and that is how democracy should function. So, he has exercise the quality of a democratic president. And, many hating corrupt politicians are bent on making him politically inclined president for the simple reason of the party he belong too, the PDP.

The fuel subsidy was for the benefit of the country and many people refused to see it that way. Those who have milk the country through this subsidy are not finding it easy at all presently. Even many of the biased leaders even insinuated there was nothing like subsidy in the first place only to be proven wrong. The course of the subsidy riot only proved one thing at the end, Nigerians are control based on sentiments with seeing the rational side to things before taking actions.

I think a lot of plans to move the country forward are on the right direction than ever before in this man's regime but many citizens are moved by mere sentiments and failure to understand their plight before now. Things can only get better if the citizens play their part, that is, rally around this present president to move the nation forward. Fight for what is right by shunning tribalism, rumor, hates, corrupt politicians motivation and above all think about what you can do to move the country forward than causing more troubles to the society.

There are more Nigerians bent on causing chaos than working to live harmonious life in the society as I have observed so far.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by goldng: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
This is ridiculous.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ifihearam: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: PDP; POWER TO THE PEOPLE. Come 2015, We will do it again. PDP leads, others follow....

WHICH OTHER PARTY FIT TAKE THE PRESIDENCY SEF EVEN IF THEY MERGE WITH THE PARTIES IN GHANA AND GABON grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by blackmale(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
8 years ke... ko jo! ( he no resemble)
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by ronkebp(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
shymmex:

Nigerian masses should fight for equality, dividends of democracy, security of lives, good governance, good infrastructures, and rights to their resources and common wealth..

Nigeria belongs to everyone - both the elites and the masses

Nigerians were not ready for democracy when we had it...it would have been better to still be ruled under the military regime. The prioblems of Nigerians would always be 'illiteracy"
1. they are the same ones that elected all these presidents. immediately the men before election start to throw money around, you would see how this people would be worshipping and singing the praises of this men. they were elected for the wrong reasons and that is why we are all suffering it. the so-called parties are in for the gain their party would get from having one of "their sons" as the leader of the country. The "godfatherism" is all about what they will get "20% of the state's allocation, even more than that" go to them.

2. Nigerains themselves love to be decieved, they know the truth but what they would eat and gain will not allow them to think straight (greed). fighting at this level will not yield anything, until they know what they really want as a country before anything can augur well.

Everyone is init for the "gain" thereof...not for the peace and prosperity of that NATION, if we bring "rioting" in to the scenerio, we will have people who are not GEJ fans carry machettes and cutlasses, burning down houses, it would turn to religion war, ethnic war and so on and so forth. the masses would turn on eachother, then the so-called purpose of starting the war in the first place would be defeated. We need to educate the country first.
Re: Jonathan: I Can Rule Beyond 8 Years by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
ifihearam:

WHICH OTHER PARTY FIT TAKE THE PRESIDENCY SEF EVEN IF THEY MERGE WITH THE PARTIES IN GHANA AND GABON grin grin grin
No Other Party brother. [size=20pt]FRESH AIR CREW, WE ARE BILLIONAIRES[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Protesters Storm INEC Office, Demand Postponement Of General Elections / North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.