Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102753 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 7:06am On Jun 10, 2018
SO SINCE THEN PERSON NVER SPEED AGAIN

SHA I DID 2OOKMPH ALONG LAGOS IBADAN

WITH MY 2OO1CAMRY
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by emmaak2(m): 7:06am On Jun 10, 2018
NUREY
GAZZUZ
DIPORTIVO
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nurey(m): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2018
emmaak2:
SO SINCE THEN PERSON NVER SPEED AGAIN

SHA I DID 2OOKMPH ALONG LAGOS IBADAN
WITH MY 2OO1CAMRY
ontop expired tokunbo tires, nah death wish you dey ask for so grin

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DaveChapelle: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2018

I drove for 3 hours at 150mph straight in my BMW 528i once.

Let's just say that gas mileage suffered greatly.

manic, which country was this?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mjksho(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
Fastest I have done was in June this year in a 2001 Toyota Corolla on TN 111 from Algood to Sparta. The road is not usually as busy as the interstates so when I saw a long stretch of road without cars, I increased speed to 104 mph for like 8 minutes or so. That is around 168 kmph. I was looking out for cops like mad because if I had been caught, I would not only get up to $400 or more in ticket, I would also go to jail as that is 34mph over the speed limit. But it was an experience!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rottenPussy: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Just reading this thread, fear dey catch me. But I will surely try 140km/h soon grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Philadelphia: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
rottenPussy:
Just reading this thread, fear dey catch me. But I will surely try 140km/h soon grin
Drive at a speed you're comfortable handling.
Your moniker though; that place must be stinking I guess.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rottenPussy: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Philadelphia:

Drive at a speed you're comfortable handling.
After reading this thread, I'm surely going beyond my limit (120km/h), I just need to locate a route with good road grin

Your moniker though; that place must be stinking I guess.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
rottenPussy:

After reading this thread, I'm surely going beyond my limit (120mph), I just need to locate a route with good road grin

embarassed embarassed
Are u sure it's mph or km/hr
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DAVE5(m): 1:12am On Oct 22, 2018
160+ km/h

07 Lexus is250, coming from ijebu ode... long bridge into lagos... first time traveling outside lagos in my own ride.. so was my first 160+

The speed was incredible... looked at my dash n saw I was on 160+, turned 2 my padi n d guy was kinda scared, me too, so I no pass dat range, but I swear d car was just like say e no dey move at all, dat car is a speed glutton, he acted like it hadn't taken any speed but I no answer him call sha
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rottenPussy: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Are u sure it's mph or km/hr
grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Eddee(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2018
Did 180 km (albeit briefly) in my 02 Mercedes Benz Clk 230 Kompressor Coupe a couple years back, with the A.C on and Fela's Zombie on repeat. Merc never flinched at all.

Tried 140-145 km in my dad's Tundra yesterday on the Ikom-Calabar highway with the A.C on and the beast over heated. I don dey put blame on am say him no dey service him car well, no be me go carry this matter for head at all.

The coolant wasn't circulated as needed, the water pump was faulty. We performed a cooling system flush (drained and flushed the radiator)- anyway engine is still intact, but radiator is leaking, heard this morning he ordered a new one for almost 40k and has put a restraining order on his cars.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by flybiz08(m): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
120km/hr

1998 Nissan Pathfinder

I wonder how you guys drive that fast on Nigerian roads.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
170km/r or so on my trusted ES. Car wasn't floating but I don't think it would have been as composed at higher speeds. Wouldn't recommend.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by homeboy205: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
175km/hr on Toyota Camry 2002 Lagos-Ibadan stretched road
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by KINGreignn: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
stay safe!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by maturemindsonly(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2018
DaveChapelle:

manic, which country was this?

He's trying to say he did Lagos to Abuja at a go, isn't that wonderful? Story from Uganda
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Chelseafan1: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2018
Briefly did 180km/hr with my Golf 4 two years ago on Ogbomosho/Ilorin Highway......it was fun until car started vibrating seriously.

I give myself brain sharply.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Eddee(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2018
Chelseafan1:
Briefly did 180km/hr with my Golf 4 two years ago on Ogbomosho/Ilorin Highway......it was fun until car started vibrating seriously.

I give myself brain sharply.

Hahaha, you didn't wind up your glasses?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Chelseafan1: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2018
Eddee:

Hahaha, you didn't wind up your glasses?

Can't remember, if my AC worked then, I would have wound up.

It was crazy.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ArcFresky(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2018
Took my 2008 eod for a spin from ilesha to Akure... Was going 170-180 kmh.

The other day, was trying to get to ilesha before 8:00 am.

I didnt monitor the speedometer.. But I know d wife of the man I carried from Lag was crying when He told her we have reached Ibadan...

It was when I entered a stupid pothole and burst my tire, the man told me my speed was too much...

Had to replace the rear shocks.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
170km/r or so on my trusted ES. Car wasn't floating but I don't think it would have been as composed at higher speeds. Wouldn't recommend.
we will like to know how it corners at that speed grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
nwanneni:
we will like to know how it corners at that speed grin

Do I look like I have a death wish? grin

Don't act like you corner at 170km/h on your Benz either. You get the mind?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Do I look like I have a death wish? grin

Don't act like you corner at 170km/h on your Benz either. You get the mind?
i actually did today.clear roads in phc,everyone has gone home for xmas,so u decided to floor the c230 and d beast didn't dissapoint winkyou know na
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nurey(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
nwanneni:
i actually did today.clear roads in phc,everyone has gone home for xmas,so u decided to floor the c230 and d beast didn't dissapoint winkyou know na

Even a brand new tear rubber Nissan GTR will not take corners at 140km/h that's tantamount to disintegration.

Worst speed ever should be 120-130 and not just a regular sedan, I know what happened when a woman took sagamu interchange at 100km/h in a range rover discovery thank God I am alive to tell the story
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
nurey:

Even a brand new tear rubber Nissan GTR will not take corners at 140km/h that's tantamount to disintegration.

Worst speed ever should be 120-130 and not just a regular sedan, I know what happened when a woman took sagamu interchange at 100km/h in a range rover discovery thank God I am alive to tell the story
range rover?SUV and cornersundecided you should know better.
As for your GTR story,i don't know about it but i cornered at 160 kph in a c230k facelift.
Hope this solves the problem.ps the whole place smelled of burning rubber
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nurey(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
nwanneni:
As for your GTR story,i don't know about it but i cornered at 160 kph in a c230k facelift.

All I can say is more engine oil to your Piston Rod.

You enter bend at 160 you talk say you take corner at 160, corner kor crocro ni tongue

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
nwanneni:
We love you bro, we don't wanna lose you soon. No tempt devil Biko!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Chiron will take that corner flat out!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Eddee(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Can't remember, if my AC worked then, I would have wound up.

It was crazy.

Yeah right.
Compliments of the season
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by banky3w(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2018
rainmaker12:
Chiron will take that corner flat out!
You mean a chiron Rollercoaster?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 10:14am On Dec 24, 2018
banky3w:

You mean a chiron Rollercoaster?
Chiron simulation

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.