Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,774,224 members, 6,607,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 November 2021 at 10:41 PM

TheSkyIsRed's Posts

Nairaland Forum / TheSkyIsRed's Profile / TheSkyIsRed's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Career / Re: Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? by TheSkyIsRed: 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lalasticlala please I will appreciate if you move this thread to front page in other for me to get more contributions and advice.

This is actually a serious and tough one for me. Thanks
Career / Re: Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? by TheSkyIsRed: 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2020

For confidentiality, I won't ask you to say the state. But consider some things;
When is the current state Govt leaving office?
Can you ask the SA to give you an appointment letter?
Can you save the new job just in case the whole thing goes south?
What skills have you learnt in the microfinance bank?
Start thinking of creating another source of income if you pick up the new offer.

The current govt should be leaving in 2 to 3 years time

I don't think I can ask him for appointment letter cause other people he also gave job didn't get appointment letter

I'm not sure about saving the new job

IT skills cause I'm in IT sector (the SA wants to employ me as a network administrator)

37 Likes 1 Share

Career / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? by TheSkyIsRed: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hello Nairalanders! Please I'm in serious need of your candid advice. Let me go straight to the point.

I've been going through a delimma for some days now. I'm presently working with a microfinance bank and i earn about 40k after tax. Recently, I was offered a job in government house with a salary slightly above my present salary.

In my present place of work, there is job security and I learn a lot on the job although the salary ain't much. In the new job, there is free accommodation but no job security because I'm being employed by the SA (special assistant) to the governor and i won't be getting any official appointment letter.

The problem now is, I'm stuck between the two. I don't know if I'm to go with the new offer or continue with my present job. I don't want to take a decision that I might regret tomorrow. My fear is that I might be sacked at any time because I'm not employed directly by the government but the SA.

I've been thinking about it and i still don't know the best decision to take. So, I decided to seek advice from nairaland cause I know I can get good advice here.

Please I will appreciate your sincere advice and contributions.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.