Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer (2479 Views)

My New Start Up, Life As A Programmer And Testimony. / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering / Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by webcalculator(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2012
I hav googled these questions but i need a nigerian description because what i got were not convincing enough. i am new to all these thingy. i need an advise on weather to learn programming or webdesign.

so my questions are, what's the difference between a programmer and a web designer? and which one do you suggest i learn first and also which one pay more? those are my questions

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Sholline(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2012
I need help from web desingn
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Sholline(m): 9:02am On Sep 19, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]I need help from web desingnI need help from web desingnI need help from web desingn

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by webcalculator(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2012
Sholline: [color=#770077][/color]I need help from web desingnI need help from web desingnI need help from web desingn

dts NOT my question!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by mj(m): 10:30am On Sep 19, 2012
webcalculator: I hav googled these questions but i need a nigerian description because what i got were not convincing enough. i am new to all these thingy. i need an advise on weather to learn programming or webdesign.

so my questions are, what's the difference between a programmer and a web designer? and which one do you suggest i learn first and also which one pay more? those are my questions
What are you expecting from a Nigerian perspective? Google is ur best friend.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by webcalculator(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
mj:
What are you expecting from a Nigerian perspective? Google is ur best friend.

i said what i got from google is not convicing enough, dts why i wan 2 get it from my homies
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Nairaface: 3:21am On Sep 22, 2012
webcalculator: I hav googled these questions but i need a nigerian description because what i got were not convincing enough. i am new to all these thingy. i need an advise on weather to learn programming or webdesign.

While good programming skills will help you in building a robust and dynamic website, you can design websites with no programming skill or just basic html. The one you learn first, or at all, depends on what you want to do. Do you want to design websites ONLY? Then learn web designing. There are tons of design tools out there that you can use that lets you drag and drop your way to a decent and basic website with a wysiwyg/wireframe tool. If, on the other hand, you want to design systems/applications other than websites, then you want to learn programming. But there are different channels you can follow as a programmer. Find out what you want to do and then figure out the programming skills you need.

Don't follow the money trail. Find your passion and follow that instead.

Also, there is nothing like a Nigerian answer, unless you mean that you want Nigerians' opinions. It is what it is, and Google might just be your best friend after all.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Emmygreenp: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2012
pls go back to google
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by webcalculator(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nairaface: While good programming skills will help you in building a robust and dynamic website, you can design websites with no programming skill or just basic html. The one you learn first, or at all, depends on what you want to do. Do you want to design websites ONLY? Then learn web designing. There are tons of design tools out there that you can use that lets you drag and drop your way to a decent and basic website with a wysiwyg/wireframe tool. If, on the other hand, you want to design systems/applications other than websites, then you want to learn programming. But there are different channels you can follow as a programmer. Find out what you want to do and then figure out the programming skills you need.

Don't follow the money trail. Find your passion and follow that instead.

Also, there is nothing like a Nigerian answer, unless you mean that you want Nigerians' opinions. It is what it is, and Google might just be your best friend after all.
thanks brother
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by webcalculator(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
omo_to_dun: A programmer programs programs. A Web Designer designs webs.
thanks for this. how am I likely to make money writing a program? Is it when am employed that I will catch-in or freelancing and if i'm freelancing what problems am I likely to be solving so I can have some change in my pocket.

please don't insult me, i'm a novice and that's why i'm asking these questions. Even if I sound f00lish, pls don't insult.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by judezion: 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2012

web design simply entails creating user end viewable interface using html and css or web creating software like ms frontpage
while
web devt or programing is all activities done a designed website to make it interactive or dynamic to a front end or back end user using tools like javascript php and other scripting language.inbox me to for training on website design and devt at ebitezion@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by judezion: 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
webcalculator:
thanks for this. how am I likely to make money writing a program? Is it when am employed that I will catch-in or freelancing and if i'm freelancing what problems am I likely to be solving so I can have some change in my pocket.

please don't insult me, i'm a novice and that's why i'm asking these questions. Even if I sound f00lish, pls don't insult.
Money easy.The is still unexplored fully in naija.The big fish is the waters of web devt.i do freelance.five sites per month fetch say two hundred thousand while a programed site fetch say Hundred thousand naira at a go.inbox me to a learn at ebitezion @gmail.com
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by sigmainfo(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2012
Web Designing is all about layout, design, theme, content, color combination of a Website which you can learn easily if you would like to design a simple website. I must say you can learn in a day or so. Rest keep on learning.

And programming is very different from that. If you want to develop an app, you need to know programming.. That you can't learn in a day.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by annahussy(f): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2012
Web designer is a person who has good knowledge of programming and good experience of web designing to create good quality of website.
Programmer is a person who has good knowledge and experience of computer programs and he write good quality of computer programs.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by lordZOUGA(m): 8:26am On Oct 27, 2012
annahussy: Web designer is a person who has good knowledge of programming and good experience of web designing to create good quality of website.
Programmer is a person who has good knowledge and experience of computer programs and he write good quality of computer programs.
what you said is like saying that a seller is a person who sells
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
Hello,
Friends has contributed largely to your question..A programmer is someone who can develop system applications and run as the way he programmed it.other than websites, If you are interested in programming. There are different levels you can follow as a programmer.Figure out what it takes to become a programmer....In Order words if you want to becoming a web designer givees you access to make use of open source software's which makes you design a website without any knowledge of programming required at all..No one will ever suggest for you..We can can only advice lolz..

Ask yourself this question..

1. Do i have passion for this career?
2. What is my area of strength?.
3. What if the money is not fort coming...What will keep driving me.?
4. Am i ready to pay the price of becoming a programmer?
5. Have you solved your own problem first, before solving for others?
If you answer all this question within yourself rightly then you are on your way...

Our company train basic introduction to html, javascript etc and also we have an interactive web design training video Cd that teaches you real time web design without any knowledge of programming required at all.

I believe with this little tips you can find an head-way.

For more information
www.softchaseng.com
contact@softchaseng.com
0802652-3355
0708923-2789
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Joe50(m): 2:02am On Oct 29, 2012
a web designer is a person that design web pages that you are browing e.g our oga Seun is a web designer that design nairaland website while a programmer is the person that design and create the browser that you use for browsing the nairaland. E.g opera, mozila, internet explorer, other application a programmer developped are anti-virus, PDF reader, all your computer software are design and develop by programmers.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Nairaface: 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
Joe50: a web designer is a person that design web pages that you are browing e.g our oga Seun is a web designer that design nairaland website while a programmer is the person that design and create the browser that you use for browsing the nairaland. E.g opera, mozila, internet explorer, other application a programmer developped are anti-virus, PDF reader, all your computer software are design and develop by programmers.
Caution! Seun might be a web administrator/creator and not necessarily a web designer too. He could have contracted the page out to a web designer. A web programmer programs applications for the web, of which a web browser is one, I agree on that. A web designer designs web sites and pages.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by Joe50(m): 2:58am On Oct 30, 2012
@Nairaface, you are right.
Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Designer by jeffsmith1: 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Web designing refers to design the layout of the website and programming refers its coding smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Programmer Urgently Needed! / Why Does Startup Need UI/UX Design To Retain The Customers? / Aside Fintech, What Should Nigerian Developers Build ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.