Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

1stworldview's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1stworldview's Profile / 1stworldview's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Travel / Americans Flocking To China by 1stworldview: 5:44am On Aug 07, 2015
Did you know that at the end of 2014 there were almost 600,000 Americans found to be living in China according to a recent a Chinese survey.

Some are taking jobs in the booming economy, some are there for the incredible education opportunities and some are even retiring to China. Whatever the reason, each year China is seeing a growing amount of Americans moving in. This year the country began issuing Visas lasting for 10 years to Americans - previously the Visas lasted only one month. As a result, the United States embassy is offering tourist-level Visas for 10 years to people coming over from China. With the increase of the wealthy in China, however, the chance of someone from China staying longer than 10 years is unlikely. Experts say that China now offers a higher number of opportunities than the United States, meaning people from China no longer visit America for economic relief. The United States was once a land of hope for the impoverished of China, but in the last 10 years, China has restructured its economy and moved 600 million of its residents from being destitute to middle-class.

This is great news for natives of China, but how does that translate to so many Americans moving there?

Economic Stability:
“China is transforming into a world super power, not using military force, but instead by using financial prominence.” Economic expert David Reagon says, “China is closing deals all across the globe involving commodities, rare metals and even long standing contracts for resources, natural and otherwise.”

In contrast, U.S. policy assists other countries financially as settlement for support on matters as the war on drugs and international terror. The U.S. policy relies on a hopeful monetary trickle down, meaning the wealth will hopefully get to those who actually need it. Success isn't always guaranteed however. China proves that they mean business by building infrastructures that will be beneficial to the entire region's population. These include hospitals, roads, shipping facilities and many other beneficial additions – all without prompting. Jamaica sports a beautiful convention center built a few years ago by China, all in exchange for business relationship that will be secured for 25 years between Jamaica's sugar production industry and themselves. Even Africa is seeing the benefits of working alongside China for the past ten years. By helping other countries China is only ensuring it will have any natural resources they need for years to come.

The U.S. is giving China support in the project known as the Keystone Pipeline, a project that will begin bringing cheaper oil from Canada to Texas ports. China holds contracts for the steel pipe required for the project, once it's completed they would receive the majority of the oil. Normally tankers bringing expensive oil into the U.S. return empty, but using the up and coming Keystone Pipeline, these tankers will bring Canadian oil into China. Given that China holds the dominating interest for Canada's tar sands project, they get final say in who receives the oil, with the U.S. being the only current buyers. Of course this would no longer be the case if China were able to transport oil to its own port.

Not long ago China and Russia agreed on a long-term contract for oil and natural gas, the oil would be coming from Russia's own pipelines. China is clearly making it priority to have long lasting natural resource stores for its people. With ample supplies of natural resources, no debt or ongoing wars, it's not hard to see why China's economy is so strong.

Infrastructure:

The editor of Escaping America - David Goodwin - stated, “China's transit network is astoundingly effective. I don't see any reason to purchase a car. I get around locally by the metro system and I get between cities with bullet trains. This all costs around 90% less if I were to own a vehicle. As of now China has more than 1,500 bullet trains; the U.S. currently has none. The price of riding a bullet train is lower than a lunch in the U.S.

“Airlines are low-cost as well, flights can be as low as $50 and "up to" $200 for a flight across China. All with just a single day of booking. There's also zero fees for baggage. Large cities have easy to use metro systems that are simple to navigate for Americans with English announcements and signs, as well as helpful digital displays.

“If you need a taxi, they're just one click away. Plus, they're government-regulated with meters. Most taxis are cheap, costing a few bucks per ride; an hour ride usually totals around $25.

“Also, I've hardly seen any crime. Launching a business in China is easy, and the Chinese government makes transferring funds to the country simple. You always read that China is pure communism, but from my experiences, it feels like capitalism on steroids.

“The one thing I dislike is Chinese housing. Here it is tiny compared to the U.S. However, the Chinese people seldom spend time in their homes. Plus, in China I can stay in nice 4 stare hotels with breakfast for far lest then renting a place in the US. On upside of tiny homes, though, is less impact on the environment.”

Family and Lifestyle:
“China offers such a wide range on things to do that I rarely feel bored.” Goodwin explains, “It has anything you can think of, and all of it at a percentile of the U.S. price. Ranging from shopping to a night on the town, China is simply the best. Most of the country is modern, almost all of it is well-planned and carefully thought out. It's also convenient - trains, airports and the overall city layout are all super convenient.

“The entire time I stayed in China, I never saw policemen carrying guns. Think on this for a second: Policemen who feel safe enough that they feel no need to carry firearms.

“Another big thing you will experience when you get to China is food diversity. You will find amazing dining spots from every national cuisine almost anywhere you visit. The food prices are much lower than in the state too. You can happily go out to eat daily on a tight budget, and you don't have to pay for tips or taxes. Also, the food quality really shines. China's government has high standards as to ingredients that they allow and don't allow as food additives. Most hormones, chemicals and genetically modified ingredients are banned in China. What's more? Chefs are still in charge of the food. By comparison, the U.S. allows scientists to make most of its food. General Mills, for example -- which is among the most prominent food suppliers in the states -- has thousands of scientists on the payroll, but hardly any chefs. As a result, China has much better nutrition habits. You can see it instantly on a stroll down any street. You will rarely see anyone overweight. For America, well I don't think any more need s to be said”

An Overseas Business Consultant, Kenneth Agee, working for a U.S./China dating company known as A Foreign Affair states “In the last 10 years, the market for Chinese customers has really expanded. We have over 20 Chinese offices now. We've also witnessed a huge change over those 10 years. When it began, the customer base was all women from China trying to marry men from America and move over to the states with them. These days, almost half of the Chinese women seeking marriage are looking to move their new husbands to China. The American men we talk about this with are reluctant off the bat, but upon experiencing China, they stand amazed. Additionally, they're amazed with how many Chinese women can take care of their new husbands financially.”

A Foreign Affair hosts a monthly event that flies U.S. men to China so they can meet women in the country. Hundreds of Chinese women seeking husbands are attracted to these events and the women have even coined the term "Mail Order Grooms" to describe these men.

Education:
Being a super power in the world's economic state still doesn't satisfy China. Now their sights are set on becoming a super power in the world's intellectual state. Last month CNN released a special report that predicted China enrolling more than three-quarters of the nation's toddlers in preschool. In contrast, U.S. has less than a quarter of its preschool-aged children enrolled.

In 2015, more than 9.4 million Chinese students took what is basically the Chinese SAT test. Every single testing facility took countermeasures against cheating by using facial recognition-capable film surveillance. They even installed specialty materials to the windows and walls that blocked all electronic signal. Why are they so adamant about cheating? China believes that test scores alone should be the only thing universities consider when they decide who gets in - not monetary status or or familial ties. To make it better, getting into a university for a year in China - of which there are now over 4,000 - costs an average of $1,500. The U.S., by comparison, charges up to $45,000 for the same privilege.

While China commits large quantities of resources to education, Doug Ducey - Arizona Governor - is cutting funding for education to a record-breaking low. America is already ranked 38th in world in education. Arizona is now the "proud" owner of the 50th rank in the U.S. education. So why don't politicians and those who financially support them do something about the quality public education? Simple, they don't send their children to get Arizona public schools or to State Universities. Seth McFarlane's latest comedy blockbuster, TED2 even takes jabs at Arizona's dismal education system. These ridiculous spending cuts were made as a counterbalance because the government issued the wealthy a one-billion dollar tax-cut the previous year. This, in turn, has forced thousands of teachers to leave education this year alone. An Arizona teacher - Linda Collins - stated: “Arizona teachers and Arizona education in general receive no government support. It's that simple.”

An ironic fact: corporations that benefited from, and pushed for, the tax cuts that resulted in education funding cuts, went on to apply for over 75,000 work Visas. Their argument for this action is that somehow America doesn't provide the skilled labor they need. Another fun fact: The majority of those work Visas are from China and other Asiatic countries.

Environment:
China's previous issues with pollution is seeing great success in getting it under control. Many cities now have taxis and buses that operate on natural gas alone. Even their motorcycles are mostly electric. In addition to the the air pollution being reduced, the noise pollution is going down too.

Last year China saw over half of its new energy be supplied by renewable sources. Within the same time frame, over 2.5 billion trees were planted by over 560 million Chinese people over the whole country. In the 1982 to 2003 period, Chinese volunteers planted more than 42 billion trees. Volunteer-planted trees now span more than 46 million hectares, which is about 113 million acres (176,000 sq miles). That's enough to rank China first in the world for human-planted trees.

Over in the U.S., many leaders of the country are still arguing about whether global climate change is just fiction.

Healthcare:
Back in 2008, the political leaders in China decided that the country needed major changes for medical insurance and how it's delivered to ensure social stability and a better healthcare system. China has since officially abandoned their healthcare system, which was based on market principles. This fourth and ongoing phase of China's healthcare evolution is dedicated to delivering cost-effective health coverage for all Chinese residents by the year 2020. It's estimated that, by 2020, almost 100% of the population will have comprehensive, if modest, health care coverage from government-subsidized insurance.

China had more than 9,800 privately-owned hospitals as of 2013. This gives people choices between public and private medical attention. The competition that resulted has maintained low cost and high-quality healthcare. To compare, the states has 5,686 private and public hospitals. Period. For most people in China, they only have to travel just minutes from home to access quality, low-cost healthcare. David Goodwin states, "Healthcare is so affordable that I don't even need health insurance to afford to use a private hospital"

Conclusion:

As China continues to grow many Americans are seeing the great opportunities and higher standard of living Asia, the influx Americans is expected grow over the next few decades as more Americans call China home.
Travel / Americans Flocking To China by 1stworldview: 2:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Did you know that at the end of 2014 there were almost 600,000 Americans found to be living in China according to a recent a Chinese survey.

Some are taking jobs in the booming economy, some are there for the incredible education opportunities and some are even retiring to China. Whatever the reason, each year China is seeing a growing amount of Americans moving in. This year the country began issuing Visas lasting for 10 years to Americans - previously the Visas lasted only one month. As a result, the United States embassy is offering tourist-level Visas for 10 years to people coming over from China. With the increase of the wealthy in China, however, the chance of someone from China staying longer than 10 years is unlikely. Experts say that China now offers a higher number of opportunities than the United States, meaning people from China no longer visit America for economic relief. The United States was once a land of hope for the impoverished of China, but in the last 10 years, China has restructured its economy and moved 600 million of its residents from being destitute to middle-class.

This is great news for natives of China, but how does that translate to so many Americans moving there?

Economic Stability:
“China is transforming into a world super power, not using military force, but instead by using financial prominence.” Economic expert David Reagon says, “China is closing deals all across the globe involving commodities, rare metals and even long standing contracts for resources, natural and otherwise.”

In contrast, U.S. policy assists other countries financially as settlement for support on matters as the war on drugs and international terror. The U.S. policy relies on a hopeful monetary trickle down, meaning the wealth will hopefully get to those who actually need it. Success isn't always guaranteed however. China proves that they mean business by building infrastructures that will be beneficial to the entire region's population. These include hospitals, roads, shipping facilities and many other beneficial additions – all without prompting. Jamaica sports a beautiful convention center built a few years ago by China, all in exchange for business relationship that will be secured for 25 years between Jamaica's sugar production industry and themselves. Even Africa is seeing the benefits of working alongside China for the past ten years. By helping other countries China is only ensuring it will have any natural resources they need for years to come.

The U.S. is giving China support in the project known as the Keystone Pipeline, a project that will begin bringing cheaper oil from Canada to Texas ports. China holds contracts for the steel pipe required for the project, once it's completed they would receive the majority of the oil. Normally tankers bringing expensive oil into the U.S. return empty, but using the up and coming Keystone Pipeline, these tankers will bring Canadian oil into China. Given that China holds the dominating interest for Canada's tar sands project, they get final say in who receives the oil, with the U.S. being the only current buyers. Of course this would no longer be the case if China were able to transport oil to its own port.

Not long ago China and Russia agreed on a long-term contract for oil and natural gas, the oil would be coming from Russia's own pipelines. China is clearly making it priority to have long lasting natural resource stores for its people. With ample supplies of natural resources, no debt or ongoing wars, it's not hard to see why China's economy is so strong.

Infrastructure:

The editor of Escaping America - David Goodwin - stated, “China's transit network is astoundingly effective. I don't see any reason to purchase a car. I get around locally by the metro system and I get between cities with bullet trains. This all costs around 90% less if I were to own a vehicle. As of now China has more than 1,500 bullet trains; the U.S. currently has none. The price of riding a bullet train is lower than a lunch in the U.S.

“Airlines are low-cost as well, flights can be as low as $50 and "up to" $200 for a flight across China. All with just a single day of booking. There's also zero fees for baggage. Large cities have easy to use metro systems that are simple to navigate for Americans with English announcements and signs, as well as helpful digital displays.

“If you need a taxi, they're just one click away. Plus, they're government-regulated with meters. Most taxis are cheap, costing a few bucks per ride; an hour ride usually totals around $25.

“Also, I've hardly seen any crime. Launching a business in China is easy, and the Chinese government makes transferring funds to the country simple. You always read that China is pure communism, but from my experiences, it feels like capitalism on steroids.

“The one thing I dislike is Chinese housing. Here it is tiny compared to the U.S. However, the Chinese people seldom spend time in their homes. Plus, in China I can stay in nice 4 stare hotels with breakfast for far lest then renting a place in the US. On upside of tiny homes, though, is less impact on the environment.”

Family and Lifestyle:
“China offers such a wide range on things to do that I rarely feel bored.” Goodwin explains, “It has anything you can think of, and all of it at a percentile of the U.S. price. Ranging from shopping to a night on the town, China is simply the best. Most of the country is modern, almost all of it is well-planned and carefully thought out. It's also convenient - trains, airports and the overall city layout are all super convenient.

“The entire time I stayed in China, I never saw policemen carrying guns. Think on this for a second: Policemen who feel safe enough that they feel no need to carry firearms.

“Another big thing you will experience when you get to China is food diversity. You will find amazing dining spots from every national cuisine almost anywhere you visit. The food prices are much lower than in the state too. You can happily go out to eat daily on a tight budget, and you don't have to pay for tips or taxes. Also, the food quality really shines. China's government has high standards as to ingredients that they allow and don't allow as food additives. Most hormones, chemicals and genetically modified ingredients are banned in China. What's more? Chefs are still in charge of the food. By comparison, the U.S. allows scientists to make most of its food. General Mills, for example -- which is among the most prominent food suppliers in the states -- has thousands of scientists on the payroll, but hardly any chefs. As a result, China has much better nutrition habits. You can see it instantly on a stroll down any street. You will rarely see anyone overweight. For America, well I don't think any more need s to be said”

An Overseas Business Consultant, Kenneth Agee, working for a U.S./China dating company known as A Foreign Affair states “In the last 10 years, the market for Chinese customers has really expanded. We have over 20 Chinese offices now. We've also witnessed a huge change over those 10 years. When it began, the customer base was all women from China trying to marry men from America and move over to the states with them. These days, almost half of the Chinese women seeking marriage are looking to move their new husbands to China. The American men we talk about this with are reluctant off the bat, but upon experiencing China, they stand amazed. Additionally, they're amazed with how many Chinese women can take care of their new husbands financially.”

A Foreign Affair hosts a monthly event that flies U.S. men to China so they can meet women in the country. Hundreds of Chinese women seeking husbands are attracted to these events and the women have even coined the term "Mail Order Grooms" to describe these men.

Education:
Being a super power in the world's economic state still doesn't satisfy China. Now their sights are set on becoming a super power in the world's intellectual state. Last month CNN released a special report that predicted China enrolling more than three-quarters of the nation's toddlers in preschool. In contrast, U.S. has less than a quarter of its preschool-aged children enrolled.

In 2015, more than 9.4 million Chinese students took what is basically the Chinese SAT test. Every single testing facility took countermeasures against cheating by using facial recognition-capable film surveillance. They even installed specialty materials to the windows and walls that blocked all electronic signal. Why are they so adamant about cheating? China believes that test scores alone should be the only thing universities consider when they decide who gets in - not monetary status or or familial ties. To make it better, getting into a university for a year in China - of which there are now over 4,000 - costs an average of $1,500. The U.S., by comparison, charges up to $45,000 for the same privilege.

While China commits large quantities of resources to education, Doug Ducey - Arizona Governor - is cutting funding for education to a record-breaking low. America is already ranked 38th in world in education. Arizona is now the "proud" owner of the 50th rank in the U.S. education. So why don't politicians and those who financially support them do something about the quality public education? Simple, they don't send their children to get Arizona public schools or to State Universities. Seth McFarlane's latest comedy blockbuster, TED2 even takes jabs at Arizona's dismal education system. These ridiculous spending cuts were made as a counterbalance because the government issued the wealthy a one-billion dollar tax-cut the previous year. This, in turn, has forced thousands of teachers to leave education this year alone. An Arizona teacher - Linda Collins - stated: “Arizona teachers and Arizona education in general receive no government support. It's that simple.”

An ironic fact: corporations that benefited from, and pushed for, the tax cuts that resulted in education funding cuts, went on to apply for over 75,000 work Visas. Their argument for this action is that somehow America doesn't provide the skilled labor they need. Another fun fact: The majority of those work Visas are from China and other Asiatic countries.

Environment:
China's previous issues with pollution is seeing great success in getting it under control. Many cities now have taxis and buses that operate on natural gas alone. Even their motorcycles are mostly electric. In addition to the the air pollution being reduced, the noise pollution is going down too.

Last year China saw over half of its new energy be supplied by renewable sources. Within the same time frame, over 2.5 billion trees were planted by over 560 million Chinese people over the whole country. In the 1982 to 2003 period, Chinese volunteers planted more than 42 billion trees. Volunteer-planted trees now span more than 46 million hectares, which is about 113 million acres (176,000 sq miles). That's enough to rank China first in the world for human-planted trees.

Over in the U.S., many leaders of the country are still arguing about whether global climate change is just fiction.

Healthcare:
Back in 2008, the political leaders in China decided that the country needed major changes for medical insurance and how it's delivered to ensure social stability and a better healthcare system. China has since officially abandoned their healthcare system, which was based on market principles. This fourth and ongoing phase of China's healthcare evolution is dedicated to delivering cost-effective health coverage for all Chinese residents by the year 2020. It's estimated that, by 2020, almost 100% of the population will have comprehensive, if modest, health care coverage from government-subsidized insurance.

China had more than 9,800 privately-owned hospitals as of 2013. This gives people choices between public and private medical attention. The competition that resulted has maintained low cost and high-quality healthcare. To compare, the states has 5,686 private and public hospitals. Period. For most people in China, they only have to travel just minutes from home to access quality, low-cost healthcare. David Goodwin states, "Healthcare is so affordable that I don't even need health insurance to afford to use a private hospital"

Conclusion:

As China continues to grow many Americans are seeing the great opportunities and higher standard of living Asia, the influx Americans is expected grow over the next few decades as more Americans call China home.

2 Likes

Travel / Americans Flocking To China by 1stworldview: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Americans Flocking to China

A recent Chinese survey showed that 600,000 Americans were living in China at the end of 2014.

China is now issuing 10 year visas to Americans; in the past, most visas were limited to 30 days. In response, the US embassy has now started issuing 10 year tourist visas for Chinese nationals. With rapid growth of wealth in China, the likelihood of a Chinese person over-staying their visa is considered minimal. Experts say that there are now many more opportunities in China than in the US, thus the Chinese people are no longer looking to come to the US for economic reasons. In the past the US was a magnet for the poor of China, but in the last decade China moved over 600 million people from poverty to the middle class.

So what is drawing so many Americans and Europeans to China?

Education:

Now that China has become the world's economic super power they now have their eye on becoming the world's intellectual super power. A CNN special report last month predicted that China will have enrolled more than 75% of its toddlers in preschool by the end of the year. In contrast, the US has less that 24% of is children in preschool.

China now has over 4000 universities. In June of 2015, Chinese students took their equivalent of the SAT test, with more than 9.4 million students testing at exactly the same time. All testing facilities used video surveillance and facial recognition to insure no one was cheating, and even installed special material on the walls and windows to block all electronic signals. In China your test scores are the sole consideration for getting in a universality, not how much money you have or who your daddy knows. The average cost of university in China is under $1,500 per year. US public college is just under $10,000 per year, and private college costs amount to just under $45,000 per year on average. China has committed mass resources to education.

In contrast, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey has cut education funding to an all time low. The US ranks 38th in the world in education results; Arizona ranks 50th in the US. So why politicians and their major financial supporters do not care about public education; they have no plans to send their own children to public school or to Arizona Universities. Education in Arizona has grown so bad as to become a punch line in the recent comedy film TED2. Thousands of teachers are expected to leave education this year alone. These massive cuts where done to balance the budget after a billion dollar tax cut for the wealthy. Linda Collins, a teacher in Arizona, says, "It's simple: there is no support for education or the teachers in Arizona."

Ironically, the very corporations that pushed and benefited from these tax cuts, which then led to the cuts in education, those very corporations applied for more than 75,000 works visas, arguing they could not find the skilled labor needed in the US; most of the 75,000 work visas came from Asian countries.

Economic Stability:

Economic expert David Reagon say, "China is becoming the world super power, not using planes and bombs, but by the sheer force of financial power. China is making deals all over the world, from rare metals to commodities, to long term contacts for natural resources.

By contrast, US policy offers financial assistance to countries as payment for their support on issues such as wars on terror and drugs. To be successful, the policy depends on a supposed trickle down effect where the money spent hopefully touches the people who would benefit from it. China simply comes in and builds infrastructure to benefit everyone in the region. Roads, hospitals, shipping ports, and more. Only a few years ago China built a beautiful convention center in Jamaica, in return for a 25 year business relationship between themselves and Jamaican sugar production. China in the last decade has made these type of deals all over Africa, insuring it has all the natural resources it needs for decades to come.

Even in the US, China was able to get massive support for the Keystone Pipeline. The project that would bring cheap Canadian oil to ports in Texas. China already holds the contract for all steel pipe needed to build the project. And once the pipeline is completed, China would be the main receiver of the oil. Tanker bringing expensive middle eastern oil to the US, would typically returned empty. With the Keystone pipeline, tankers would be able to take cheap Canadian oil back to China. Since China has controlling interest in most of the Canadian tar sands projects, they would have final say on who gets the oil, currently the US is the only buyer of the oil. This would end if China can get the oil to a port.

China also recently signed a long-term agreement for natural gas and oil which it would receive via a Russian pipelines. Obviously, China has ensured itself long-term supplies of both oil and natural gas.

With stable supplies of natural resources and a county with virtually no debt and no ongoing wars, it is easy to see why China has such a stable economy."

Infrastructure:

David Goodwin editor of Escaping America says, "The mass transit system is so well done I see no reason to ever own a car. I can travel locally by metro, and from city to city by bullet trains. All for about 90% less than owning a car. China currently has over 1,500 bullet trains; US: 0. The cost is less then a lunch in the US.

Airlines are also inexpensive, many flights are only $50 to $200 to fly across the country with as little as one day booking and no baggage fees. All major cites have great metro systems, easy to navigate and signs and announcements are also in English, with digital displays letting you know where you are at.

Need a taxi? Taxies are always just click away and regulated by the government using meters. Most taxies and just a few dollars, a one hour ride about $25 USD.

There is little to no crime that I have seen. Opening a business here has been easy, and the government has helped make it easy to transfer funds into the country. I always hear that China is referred to as a communist country, but from what I have seen it looks like capitalism on steroids.

The only thing I don't like is the housing. Housing is much smaller than in the US, but the Chinese spend very little time at home. Here, I can stay in a nice hotel, with breakfast for less cost than owning a house in the US. But one upside of smaller housing is that it impacts the environment much less."

Family and Life Styles:

David further explains, "There are so many things to do in China, I'm never bored. China has everything you can imagine, and at a fraction of the cost. From night life to shopping, China is number one. Most of China is new, everything is carefully thought out, and well-planned. Another word is convenient: airports, train stations, and overall city lay out.

All the time I was in china I never saw a policeman with a gun. Just think about that for a moment: the police feel so safe they do not feel the need to carry guns.

One of the big things you will notice once you arrive in China is the diversity of the food. You find incredible restaurants everywhere you go, of every nationality. The cost of food is much less then US. I can easily afford to eat out every day, there is no tax or tips on food. But the quality of food is what stands out. The Chinese government has adopted very high standards regarding what can and can not be added to food. Many chemicals, hormones, and genetically altered foods are banned. In China, food is still made by chefs. In comparison, much of the food in the US is now made by scientists. General Mills, one of the largest food makers in the US, employs thousands of scientists, but very few chefs. As you would expect, nutrition habits are much better in China. Just walking down the street, you can see it. Rarely do you see anyone obese. In the US, well no more needs to be said. "

Kenneth Agee, International Business Consultant for A Foreign Affair - a US company operating dating sites in China, says, "The Chinese market has boomed in the last 10 years, and we currently operate more than 20 affiliate offices in China. We have seen a big change during this time. When we started operation, is was all about Chinese women wanting to meet and marry American men, and then move to the US. Now almost 50% of the women preferring marriage now want their new husbands to move to China. Most men we discuss this with are initially very reluctant to the idea. But upon arriving and seeing China, they are amazed at how far the country has come. They are also amazed that many of women here are financially able to support their husbands."

Each month, A Foreign Affair brings American men to China to meet Chinese women. These events attract hundreds of beautiful women looking for a husband. So popular have the events become, Chinese women often refer to American men as "Mail Order Grooms".

Environment:

China has also made big strides in pollution control. Many cites now use only natural gas buses and taxis. Most motorcycles are now electric. Not only is air pollution reduced, but noise pollution has dramatically declined.

Last year, more than 50% of China's new energy supply came from renewable energy sources.

Last year, nearly 560 million people planted more than 2.5 billion trees throughout China. The accumulated efforts of volunteers reached 8.8 billion with more than 42 billion trees planted during the 1982-2003 period. *NAC's statistics

To date, the area of human-planted trees across China has exceeded 46 million hectares (113 million acres - 176,000 sq miles) of trees, ranking it first in the world.

Meanwhile, in the US, many of our US leaders are still arguing that global climate change is a myth.

Healthcare:

By the end of 2008, China's leaders had already concluded that major reforms were necessary for both medical insurance and its delivery system, thus shoring up the system and ensuring social stability. In a fourth and ongoing phase of evolution, they officially abandoned the experiment with a health care system based predominantly on market principles, and committed to providing affordable basic health care for all Chinese people by 2020. By that time, a government-subsidized insurance system will provide 95% of the population with modest but comprehensive health coverage.

As of 2013, China had 9,800 private hospitals, which meant the people of China had a choice between public or private medical care. This created tremendous competition and kept costs extremely low but high in quality. In comparison, only 5,686 hospitals exist in all the US, either public or private. For most Chinese people, affordable and quality healthcare is just minutes away. David Goodwin states, "Healthcare is so affordable that I don't even need health insurance to afford to use a private hospital"

Conclusion:

Americans are seeing the great opportunities and a higher standard of living in China.Thus many Americans now call China Home.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Jeb Bush Talks About His Foreign Bride by 1stworldview: 5:20am On Jun 23, 2015
On Tuesday on the Jimmy Fallon show presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.
Politics / Jeb Bush Talks About His Foreign Bride by 1stworldview: 11:43am On Jun 20, 2015
On Tuesday presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing of Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.
Foreign Affairs / Jeb Bush Talks About His Foreign Bride by 1stworldview: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
On Tuesday presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

Jobs/Vacancies / Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel by 1stworldview: 2:30am On Jun 16, 2015
(10) Flight attendant

It may be the most obvious travel-related job, but it's also one of the most accessible: You don't need a specialized degree to become a flight attendant, and most major airlines only require prior customer service experience and a certification from the Federal Aviation Administration. The hours are frequently erratic, and the work isn't always easy, but you'll get a glimpse of hundreds of cities across the globe during your career. A bonus perk? Free or discounted flights for you and your family.

(9) International aid worker

If you want to travel for a living while making a real difference in people's lives, consider working for an international aid organization like USAID. With this job, you can visit struggling countries and help its residents recover from dire situations such as natural disasters and famine. You'll need a background in a field like health, agriculture or education and a strong interest in social work, according to How Stuff Works.

(coolExploration geologist

Exploration geologists help resource extraction companies identify the most profitable places from which to extract natural resources. Since extraction tends to happen in places that aren't very well-populated, exploration geologists get to travel to some of the most remote regions of the world, and can be away from home for months at a time.

(7)Cruise line worker

Working on a cruise ship is a travel lover's dream gig: You quite literally make a living traveling the world, all while receiving free food and accommodations. Whether you're a restaurant server, a shop clerk or a performer in the cruise's entertainment lineup, there are opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to work on one of these "floating resorts." Websites like Cruise Line Jobs list employment openings with some of the top-rated cruise lines.

(6)Travel tour guide

Imagine spending your days guiding fellow travel lovers through a bustling European metropolis, or perhaps a small local village is more your speed. Wherever you want to go, popular travel destinations are always in need of friendly, knowledgeable guides to lead tourists through city sights and cultural excursions. Study up on the history and culture of your city of choice, and don't forget to brush up on the local language!

(5)Archaeologist

Archaeologists travel the world to recover and preserve artifacts from past human cultures. Careers in archaeology require frequent travel, often to remote regions of the earth.

A benefit of speaking one of the world's most popular languages is that there are people all over the world who want to learn it. Teaching English in a foreign country is one of the easiest ways to get out and see the world. Many teaching positions in foreign countries do require a certification, but you can easily get one in about a month's time.

(3)Executive assistant

It may not be the most glamorous of jobs, but playing a behind-the-scenes role in the life of a corporate executive or other high-powered professional means you'll be right alongside your boss on his or her business trips. Since individuals in these positions travel quite frequently for important client meetings, you'll have plenty of opportunities to see new places while you work.

(2) Oceanographer
If you love traveling by sea and have a passion for learning more about it, then there is probably no better career for you than that of an oceanographer. Oceanographers often split their time between laboratories and research ships, where they can spend months away from home visiting remote regions of the ocean.

(1) International Marriage Broker Tour Leader.

If you love to travel and are single this is absolutely the best job you can imagine. International Marriage Brokers travels the world holding single events in some of the most beautiful places on earth. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair travel to exotic locations in Eastern Europe, Asian and Latin America. Business men and professionals travel in groups where they will attend single events that A Foreign Affair call socials, at these social events the men will meet 500 to 1000 beautiful single women and models. The tours consists of social, dating and site seeing, all while interacting with dozens of men and women falling in love.
Business / Re: Starting A Travelling Agency by 1stworldview: 3:13am On Jun 07, 2015
Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel

(10) Flight attendant

It may be the most obvious travel-related job, but it's also one of the most accessible: You don't need a specialized degree to become a flight attendant, and most major airlines only require prior customer service experience and a certification from the Federal Aviation Administration. The hours are frequently erratic, and the work isn't always easy, but you'll get a glimpse of hundreds of cities across the globe during your career. A bonus perk? Free or discounted flights for you and your family.

If you want to travel for a living while making a real difference in people's lives, consider working for an international aid organization like USAID. With this job, you can visit struggling countries and help its residents recover from dire situations such as natural disasters and famine. You'll need a background in a field like health, agriculture or education and a strong interest in social work, according to How Stuff Works.

Exploration geologists help resource extraction companies identify the most profitable places from which to extract natural resources. Since extraction tends to happen in places that aren't very well-populated, exploration geologists get to travel to some of the most remote regions of the world, and can be away from home for months at a time.

(7)Cruise line worker

Working on a cruise ship is a travel lover's dream gig: You quite literally make a living traveling the world, all while receiving free food and accommodations. Whether you're a restaurant server, a shop clerk or a performer in the cruise's entertainment lineup, there are opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to work on one of these "floating resorts." Websites like Cruise Line Jobs list employment openings with some of the top-rated cruise lines.

(6)Travel tour guide

Imagine spending your days guiding fellow travel lovers through a bustling European metropolis, or perhaps a small local village is more your speed. Wherever you want to go, popular travel destinations are always in need of friendly, knowledgeable guides to lead tourists through city sights and cultural excursions. Study up on the history and culture of your city of choice, and don't forget to brush up on the local language!

(5)Archaeologist

Archaeologists travel the world to recover and preserve artifacts from past human cultures. Careers in archaeology require frequent travel, often to remote regions of the earth.

A benefit of speaking one of the world's most popular languages is that there are people all over the world who want to learn it. Teaching English in a foreign country is one of the easiest ways to get out and see the world. Many teaching positions in foreign countries do require a certification, but you can easily get one in about a month's time.

(3)Executive assistant

It may not be the most glamorous of jobs, but playing a behind-the-scenes role in the life of a corporate executive or other high-powered professional means you'll be right alongside your boss on his or her business trips. Since individuals in these positions travel quite frequently for important client meetings, you'll have plenty of opportunities to see new places while you work.

(2) Oceanographer
If you love traveling by sea and have a passion for learning more about it, then there is probably no better career for you than that of an oceanographer. Oceanographers often split their time between laboratories and research ships, where they can spend months away from home visiting remote regions of the ocean.

If you love to travel and are single this is absolutely the best job you can imagine. International Marriage Brokers travels the world holding single events in some of the most beautiful places on earth. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair travel to exotic locations in Eastern Europe, Asian and Latin America. Business men and professionals travel in groups where they will attend single events that A Foreign Affair call socials, at these social events the men will meet 500 to 1000 beautiful single women and models. The tours consists of social, dating and site seeing, all while interacting with dozens of men and women falling in love.
Career / Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel by 1stworldview: 7:19am On Jun 06, 2015
(10) Flight attendant

(7)Cruise line worker

(6)Travel tour guide

(5)Archaeologist

(3)Executive assistant

(2) Oceanographer

Travel / Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel by 1stworldview: 6:16am On Jun 06, 2015
(10) Flight attendant

(7)Cruise line worker

(6)Travel tour guide

(5)Archaeologist

(3)Executive assistant

(2) Oceanographer

Travel / Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel by 1stworldview: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel

(10) Flight attendant

(7)Cruise line worker

(6)Travel tour guide

(5)Archaeologist

(3)Executive assistant

(2) Oceanographer

Career / Top Ten Jobs If You Love To Travel by 1stworldview: 5:34am On Jun 04, 2015
(10) Flight attendant

(7)Cruise line worker

(6)Travel tour guide

(5)Archaeologist

(3)Executive assistant

(2) Oceanographer

Romance / New Trophy Wives by 1stworldview: 5:16am On May 27, 2015
If it is good enough for Rupert Murdoch then it should be good enough for the rest of us!

Rupert Murdoch has one. So do financiers Vivi Nevo and Bruce Wasserstein. Why are the West's most powerful men coupling up with younger Asian women?
Call it the Woody Allen Effect. When the venerable director scandalously left Mia Farrow for her adopted daughter, South Korean-born Soon-Yi Previn — 35 years his junior — he may as well have sent out a press release: Asian-girl fantasy trumps that of Hollywood royalty!

Many of the elite now turn to companies like A Foreign Affair to help them find Asian Trophy Wives. Foreign Affair specializes in matching high power men with model like women form around the world. Foreign Affair boast that they have helped over 20,000 couples during the 18 years of business.

Not two years after they tied the knot, media baron Rupert Murdoch walked down the aisle with fresh-faced Wendi Deng — 17 days after finalizing his divorce from his second wife. Then, CBS head Leslie Moonves wed TV news anchor Julie Chen; Oscar winner Nicolas Cage married half-his-age third wife Alice Kim; billionaire George Soros coupled up with violinist Jennifer Chun; and producer Brian Grazer courted concert pianist Chau-Giang Thi Nguyen. Add the nuptials of investment magnate Bruce Wasserstein to fourth wife Angela Chao and the pending vows between venture capitalist Vivi Nevo and Chinese actress Ziyi Zhang, and we've got a curious cultural ripple.

Were these tycoons consciously courting Asian babes? Do any of them qualify for the unnerving "yellow fever" or "rice king" moniker? It's unsavory to think so. But after two or three failed attempts at domestic bliss with women of like background and age, these heavy hitters sought out something different. Something they had likely fetishized.

Enter the doll-faced Asian sylph on the arm of a silver-haired Western suit. (Hello, mail-order bride!) The excruciating colonial stereotypes — Asian women as submissive, domestic, hypersexual — are obviously nothing new. But decades after The World of Suzie Wong hit drive-ins and more than 20 years since David Bowie's "China Girl" topped the music charts, why are we still indulging them?

Because they're omnipresent — and often entertaining. Even now, how many cinematic greats, literary best sellers, or even cell-phone ads (see Motorola's latest) characterize Asian women as something other than geishas, ninjas, or dragon ladies? As the object of opening-line zingers like "Me love you long time" (the infamous line from Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket), I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the cheeky blog stuffwhitepeoplelike.com, which ranks Asian girls at number 11 because "Asian women avoid key white women characteristics, such as having a midlife crisis, divorce, and hobbies that don't involve taking care of the children." Sure, I'm petite and was in fact born in Shanghai, but — to the shock of more than one guy I've gone out with — I'd rather down an icy beer and burger than nurse bubble tea and eat dumplings while massaging his back with my toes.

"This is a common experience among Asian-American women," says Bich Minh Nguyen, who broaches the stereotypes in her latest novel, Short Girls. "They're dating a white guy, and they may not know if it's a fetish thing."

"It's like a curse that Asian-American women can't avoid," says C.N. Le, director of Asian and Asian-American Studies at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. "From an academic point of view, the perception still serves as a motivation for white men."

According to Foreign Affair executives, "Our clients say they just can not find the values that they are looking for with beauty, these men have been looking their whole life here and have had no luck finding it. That is why they turn to us."

In researching his new book, The East, the West, and Sex, author Richard Bernstein found that the Orientalist illusion continues to influence. "Historically, Asia provided certain sexual opportunities that would be much more difficult for Western men to have at home. But it remains a happy hunting ground for them today," he says, citing one phenomenon in the northeastern region of Thailand called Issan, where 15 percent of marriages are between young Thai women and Western men well into their 60s.

But I suspect there's something else about the East that's seducing business bigwigs at this very moment: globalization. Consider that, stateside, Mandarin classes have spiked 200 percent over the past five years (apparently, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was an early adopter; he taught Mandarin classes in his Dartmouth days), and China has claimed status as the world's top export nation. In Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell theorizes that Asian kids' intrinsic work ethic makes them outsmart American kids in math. (In the latest Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development international education survey, Taiwanese students were tops in math, while the U.S. placed 35th.) It's as though these Western men are hungry for a piece of that mystical Eastern formula. As such, Asians (in addition to African orphans) are hot commodities right about now — status symbols as prized as a private Gulfstream jet or a museum wing bearing your name (neither of which goes so well with a frumpy, aging first wife).

Tellingly, most current trophies of choice are far more than exotic arm candy. They are accomplished musicians and journalists, they have Ivy League MBAs and hail from prestigious political families (Mrs. Wasserstein's older sis is former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao). Why, then, are these women falling for rich white patriarchs? Why be a target for headline comparisons to concubines? When Wendi Deng was described as "The Yellow Peril" in a recent magazine profile, it only marginalized her achievement: As chief strategist for MySpace China, she has become central to News Corp.'s expansion into the elusive Chinese market — something Murdoch himself had attempted, and failed to do, before she came into the picture.

While I'm sure that real love and affection is sometimes the bond in these culture-crossing May-December romances, could it be that power divorces of a certain ilk make the perfect renegade suitors for these overachieving Asian good girls — an ultimate (yet lame) attempt at rebellion? Maybe these outsized, world-class moguls are stand-ins for emotionally repressed Asian dads (one cliché that is predominantly true). Or...are these women just glorified opportunists? What's so perverse is that while Asians have always revered their elders, sleeping with a guy old enough to be your grandfather is just creepy — in any culture.

So do these marriages last? Kenneth Agee, marketing director of Foreign Affair say," these marriages have almost twice the success rate of domestic marriages, much less likely to end in divorce"
Nairaland / General / New Trophy Wives by 1stworldview: 4:47pm On May 17, 2015
If it is good enough for Rupert Murdoch then it should be good enough for the rest of us!

Rupert Murdoch has one. So do financiers Vivi Nevo and Bruce Wasserstein. Why are the West's most powerful men coupling up with younger Asian women?
Call it the Woody Allen Effect. When the venerable director scandalously left Mia Farrow for her adopted daughter, South Korean-born Soon-Yi Previn — 35 years his junior — he may as well have sent out a press release: Asian-girl fantasy trumps that of Hollywood royalty!

Many of the elite now turn to companies like A Foreign Affair to help them find Asian Trophy Wives. Foreign Affair specializes in matching high power men with model like women form around the world. Foreign Affair boast that they have helped over 20,000 couples during the 18 years of business.

Not two years after they tied the knot, media baron Rupert Murdoch walked down the aisle with fresh-faced Wendi Deng — 17 days after finalizing his divorce from his second wife. Then, CBS head Leslie Moonves wed TV news anchor Julie Chen; Oscar winner Nicolas Cage married half-his-age third wife Alice Kim; billionaire George Soros coupled up with violinist Jennifer Chun; and producer Brian Grazer courted concert pianist Chau-Giang Thi Nguyen. Add the nuptials of investment magnate Bruce Wasserstein to fourth wife Angela Chao and the pending vows between venture capitalist Vivi Nevo and Chinese actress Ziyi Zhang, and we've got a curious cultural ripple.

Were these tycoons consciously courting Asian babes? Do any of them qualify for the unnerving "yellow fever" or "rice king" moniker? It's unsavory to think so. But after two or three failed attempts at domestic bliss with women of like background and age, these heavy hitters sought out something different. Something they had likely fetishized.

Enter the doll-faced Asian sylph on the arm of a silver-haired Western suit. (Hello, mail-order bride!) The excruciating colonial stereotypes — Asian women as submissive, domestic, hypersexual — are obviously nothing new. But decades after The World of Suzie Wong hit drive-ins and more than 20 years since David Bowie's "China Girl" topped the music charts, why are we still indulging them?

Because they're omnipresent — and often entertaining. Even now, how many cinematic greats, literary best sellers, or even cell-phone ads (see Motorola's latest) characterize Asian women as something other than geishas, ninjas, or dragon ladies? As the object of opening-line zingers like "Me love you long time" (the infamous line from Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket), I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the cheeky blog stuffwhitepeoplelike.com, which ranks Asian girls at number 11 because "Asian women avoid key white women characteristics, such as having a midlife crisis, divorce, and hobbies that don't involve taking care of the children." Sure, I'm petite and was in fact born in Shanghai, but — to the shock of more than one guy I've gone out with — I'd rather down an icy beer and burger than nurse bubble tea and eat dumplings while massaging his back with my toes.

"This is a common experience among Asian-American women," says Bich Minh Nguyen, who broaches the stereotypes in her latest novel, Short Girls. "They're dating a white guy, and they may not know if it's a fetish thing."

"It's like a curse that Asian-American women can't avoid," says C.N. Le, director of Asian and Asian-American Studies at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. "From an academic point of view, the perception still serves as a motivation for white men."

According to Foreign Affair executives, "Our clients say they just can not find the values that they are looking for with beauty, these men have been looking their whole life here and have had no luck finding it. That is why they turn to us."

In researching his new book, The East, the West, and Sex, author Richard Bernstein found that the Orientalist illusion continues to influence. "Historically, Asia provided certain sexual opportunities that would be much more difficult for Western men to have at home. But it remains a happy hunting ground for them today," he says, citing one phenomenon in the northeastern region of Thailand called Issan, where 15 percent of marriages are between young Thai women and Western men well into their 60s.

But I suspect there's something else about the East that's seducing business bigwigs at this very moment: globalization. Consider that, stateside, Mandarin classes have spiked 200 percent over the past five years (apparently, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was an early adopter; he taught Mandarin classes in his Dartmouth days), and China has claimed status as the world's top export nation. In Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell theorizes that Asian kids' intrinsic work ethic makes them outsmart American kids in math. (In the latest Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development international education survey, Taiwanese students were tops in math, while the U.S. placed 35th.) It's as though these Western men are hungry for a piece of that mystical Eastern formula. As such, Asians (in addition to African orphans) are hot commodities right about now — status symbols as prized as a private Gulfstream jet or a museum wing bearing your name (neither of which goes so well with a frumpy, aging first wife).

Tellingly, most current trophies of choice are far more than exotic arm candy. They are accomplished musicians and journalists, they have Ivy League MBAs and hail from prestigious political families (Mrs. Wasserstein's older sis is former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao). Why, then, are these women falling for rich white patriarchs? Why be a target for headline comparisons to concubines? When Wendi Deng was described as "The Yellow Peril" in a recent magazine profile, it only marginalized her achievement: As chief strategist for MySpace China, she has become central to News Corp.'s expansion into the elusive Chinese market — something Murdoch himself had attempted, and failed to do, before she came into the picture.

While I'm sure that real love and affection is sometimes the bond in these culture-crossing May-December romances, could it be that power divorces of a certain ilk make the perfect renegade suitors for these overachieving Asian good girls — an ultimate (yet lame) attempt at rebellion? Maybe these outsized, world-class moguls are stand-ins for emotionally repressed Asian dads (one cliché that is predominantly true). Or...are these women just glorified opportunists? What's so perverse is that while Asians have always revered their elders, sleeping with a guy old enough to be your grandfather is just creepy — in any culture.

So do these marriages last? Kenneth Agee, marketing director of Foreign Affair say," these marriages have almost twice the success rate of domestic marriages, much less likely to end in divorce"
Politics / DEA Sex Scandal Report Reveals Sex Parties And Orgies. by 1stworldview: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Reports released this week by a federal watchdog group has cast a glaring light on the misbehavior of U.S. federal agents in Colombia has also shed light on the pervasive culture of the sex tourism and prostitution in the South American country cast a glaring light on the misbehavior of U.S. federal agents in Colombia has also shed light on the pervasive culture of the sex tourism and prostitution in the South American country.

The report showed High-ranking Drug Enforcement Agency officials and their field agents threw wild sex parties with hookers hired by Colombian drug lords, the feds charged Thursday.

At least 10 federal workers partied with prostitutes paid for by drug cartels at private “living quarters” — as American taxpayers footed the bill for the playboy pad, according to a report released by the Justice Department.

The findings of the four-year review, issued Thursday by the Department of Justice inspector general, found 26 cases involving the solicitation of prostitutes abroad – with the DEA is mentioned in 19 of them – and, while report does not identify the country where the alleged sex parties occurred, it does mention the existence of designated "tolerance zones" where prostitution is allowed and which are a fixture of several cities in Colombia.

“Although some of the DEA agents participating in these parties denied it, the information in the case file suggested they should have known the prostitutes in attendance were paid with cartel funds,” the report by Inspector General Michael Horowitz states.

The romps “created potential security risks for the DEA and for the agents . . . potentially exposing them to extortion, blackmail or coercion.”

In one case, special agents allegedly bought prostitutes for a senior official’s farewell bash.

In another, a regional director failed to report his underlings were “frequenting a brothel,” according to the report.

Seven of the 10 agents, who were not named in the report, admitted they had been to the orgies, held between 2005 and 2008.

They were slapped on the wrist with two- to 10-day suspensions, according to the Justice report.

A DEA inspector defended the behavior by saying, “Prostitution is considered a part of the local culture and is tolerated in certain areas,’’ the report says.

Three special agents were also showered with money, expensive gifts and weapons from drug- cartel members.

The Justice Department inspector general uncovered the DEA's sex parties after allegations arose about misconduct by the Secret Service and DEA agents in the 2012 prostitution scandal in Colombia. The IG on Thursday released a 97-page report detailing the allegations, including an explosive charge that local drug cartels funded the "sex parties."

The investigation focused on sexual misconduct at the DEA, FBI, US Marshals Service, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The Regional Director of A Foreign Affair, an international dating service with offices throughout Colombia, says, "We routinely get US federal employees from DEA to Military in our offices, some looking for real relationships, but many just looking for party girls. They usually leave once they realize that we are a marriage service not a sex tour company. Also our staff has been trained to look for signs of men whom are married, keeping an eye open for the white ring on the left hand where a wedding ring was recently removed." We are here to help men find that special Colombian lady, not to provide adult services to those few men who give the USA a bad reputation."
Politics / US Senator Charge In Visa & Medicare Scandal, Sex, Money And Power. by 1stworldview: 3:17am On Apr 13, 2015
US Senator charge in visa & Medicare scandal, sex, money and power.

U.S. Senator Robert Menendez was indicted on corruption charges of accepting almost $1 million in gifts and campaign donations to help friends get visas for foreign girlfriends, to stop a fraud investigation and get lucrative a contract.
According to allegations in the indictment, during this same time period, Menendez allegedly engaged in three efforts to use his Senate office and staff to advocate on behalf of Melgen's personal and financial interests.

Firstly, Menendez allegedly pressured executive agencies in connection with a conflict between Melgen and the government of the Dominican Republic relating to a disputed contract that Melgen purchased to provide exclusive screening of containers coming through Dominican ports.

Secondly, Menendez allegedly advocated on behalf of Melgen in connection with a Medicare billing dispute worth approximately $8.9 million to Melgen.

Thirdly, Menendez allegedly took active steps to support the tourist and student visa applications of three of Melgen's girlfriends, as well as the visa application of the younger sister of one of Melgen's girlfriends.
Throughout these efforts, Menendez allegedly engaged in advocacy for Melgen all the way up to the highest levels of the U.S. government, including meeting with a U.S. cabinet secretary, contacting a U.S. Ambassador, meeting with the heads of executive agencies and other senior executive officials and soliciting other U.S. Senators, all in order to assist Melgen's personal and pecuniary interests.

Gifts:

Menendez charged that prosecutors "don't know the difference between friendship and corruption and have chosen to twist my duties as a senator and my friendship into something that is improper".
Political analyst, Rebeca Shafer says, politicians take gifts like this all the time. It is easy to call someone your friend when they are paying all the bills. This is nothing new, but politicians do this typically to not make enemies; they walk a very fine line as not to piss anyone off. This is America and this is how Washington works. Remember that the Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of corruption in 1989. The five U.S. senators were accused of trying to pressure federal thrift regulators to back off their political benefactor -Keating- whose Lincoln Savings & Loan would collapse during the savings-and-loan crisis of the late 1980s at a cost of $3.4 billion to taxpayers. At the time, Keating was an influential and larger-than-life business figure in Arizona and he generously contributed campaign cash to his favorite politicians.

John McCain is the only member of the "Keating Five" who is still serving on Capitol Hill. The other four retired in 1990s: U.S. Sens. Alan Cranston, D-Calif.; Dennis DeConcini, D-Ariz.; John Glenn, D-Ohio; and Donald Riegle, D-Mich.

Medicare fraud:

Menendez advocated on Melgen's behalf with federal Medicare administrators who accused Melgen of overbilling the government's healthcare program, according to court documents and people briefed on the probe. Melgen was among the top recipients of Medicare reimbursements in recent years, during a time when he was also a major Democratic donor -an estimated $8.9 million in over billing from 2009 to 2011.

Citizens against fraud say medical fraud is so wide-spread that is estimated at 200 billion a year. Doctor groups make huge donations to many politicians in order to get special treatment and make it easier to commit fraud. The US Senator just passed a bill to make it easier for doctors to get paid on questionable procedures. To single out one doctor or one politician seems absurd when basically thousands of doctors and dozens of senators participate in this practice every day. Medicare fraud is the norm and politicians are happy to look away as long as they get financial support from the medical community. We are glad to see someone get indicted but this does not fix the problem when senators and criminals work together.

Visas:

The senator helped advance the visa applications sought by Melgen for his girlfriends from Brazil, the Dominican Republic, and Ukraine, as well as the sister of the Dominican woman, according to prosecutors.
A Foreign Affair, an international Introduction company that specializes in introducing American men to models and beautiful women from all over the world, says their clients contact their own senators and representatives all the time to help with Visas. This is the first time they have hear of an issue with this. America is a county of who you know. Most of the time it is to help with fiancée visas. Some of the more influential clients try and use the tourist visas as an easier way to expedite fiancée arrivals. Since Melgen was bringing so many women to the US, fiancée visas were not an option as US policy only allows two fiancée visas in a lifetime, plus you have to be single. Melgen is married.
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Foreign Dating Reality Show Casting Call by 1stworldview: 3:54am On Mar 22, 2015
Looking to meet a nice foreign lady, now is you chance to meet a beautiful women and be a star of a new hit TV show.

A Foreign Affair is working exclusively with a major television network to produce an ongoing reality show that depicts the International dating process through the eyes of the men and women participating in our group Romance tours. We are very excited to be working with the Network to produce this show that will depict how the tours really work, while at the same time focusing on the relationships that are forged as a result of the tours. After our discussions with the producers we are confident that the Network will portray the subject of International Dating in a positive, balanced, and objective manner.

If you are a single man interested in International Romance/Dating and already considering or will consider joining one of our Romance Tours to any of our destinations, (Ukraine, Latin America or Asia,) and would like to participate in this Reality Show we would love to hear from you!

We are very excited about this opportunity to work together with the Network to make this show a reality, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a few lucky men,

Please fill out the form at loveme.com/castingcall/ or A Foreign Affair Casting Call

Travel expenses may be covered by TV network and or A Foreign Affair International Dating Service, Compensation will be discussed on an individual basis.

A Foreign Affair Casting Call
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Foreign Dating Reality Show Casting Call by 1stworldview: 1:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Looking to meet a nice foreign lady, now is you chance to meet a beautiful women and be a star of a new hit TV show.

A Foreign Affair is working exclusively with a major television network to produce an ongoing reality show that depicts the International dating process through the eyes of the men and women participating in our group Romance tours. We are very excited to be working with the Network to produce this show that will depict how the tours really work, while at the same time focusing on the relationships that are forged as a result of the tours. After our discussions with the producers we are confident that the Network will portray the subject of International Dating in a positive, balanced, and objective manner.

If you are a single man interested in International Romance/Dating and already considering or will consider joining one of our Romance Tours to any of our destinations, (Ukraine, Latin America or Asia,) and would like to participate in this Reality Show we would love to hear from you!

We are very excited about this opportunity to work together with the Network to make this show a reality, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a few lucky men,

Please fill out the form at loveme.com/castingcall/ or A Foreign Affair Casting Call

Travel expenses may be covered by TV network and or A Foreign Affair International Dating Service, Compensation will be discussed on an individual basis.

A Foreign Affair Casting Call
Foreign Affairs / Miss Universe Puts Barranquilla On The Map And Boosts The Foreign Brides Busin by 1stworldview: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
Miss Universe puts Barranquilla on the map and boosts the foreign brides business.

The partying began shortly after Vega, who's from the city of Barranquilla in Colombia’s Gulf Coast, was crowned Miss Universe on Florida International University’s stage January 22nd.
Colombians celebrate first Miss Universe title in almost 60 years. Carnival has come a few weeks early to the Caribbean city of Barranquilla where residents took to the streets the next day to show their hometown pride after local beauty queen Paulina Vega was crowned Miss Universe.

“For Colombian residents of South Florida, the election of Miss Colombia as the new Miss Universe is the confirmation of our people's talent and beauty,’’ said Colombian consul Marta Jaramillo. “The Colombian community is happy and grateful to Paulina.” Miss Colombia Paulina Vega, a relative pageant newcomer, beating out first runner-up Miss USA Nia Sanchez and contestants from more than 80 other countries.

With the crowning of Miss Universe of Paulina Vega has put Barranquilla on the map for some of the most beautiful and Talented women in the would, Not only is Miss Universe from Barranquilla, so is Grammy-winning Latina pop singer Shakira, and actress Sofía Vergara. Vergara stars on the ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she has been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, four Prime time Emmy Awards, and seven Screen Actors Guild Awards. In 2014, she was ranked as the 32nd most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.

Barranquilla is a city and municipality located in northern Colombia. It is the only major city in South America that was populated before its formal foundation. Barranquilla is located near the Caribbean Sea

So why are Colombian women so awesomely beautiful?

Colombian women are genetically blessed with well proportioned athletic figures and ample well distributed areas of fat and muscle on their legs and tails, or 'colas', as Colombians say. Their figures are accentuated by their slim mid sections and beautifully curved hips. This body shape is often called the 'hourglass' or 'guitar' shaped figure, and is difficult or impossible to acquire at the gym.

Colombians prefer proportionate toned women rather than muscular bodybuilders. Generally Colombian women don't exercise very intensely, if they exercise at all. Many are naturally beautiful without doing anything. There are Colombian women with blond, brown, red, and auburn hair, and a large percentage with thick straight black hair. Their eye color varies from black to honey colored. With their beautiful skin tones of brown, light reddish brown, light brown, olive, and white, they are breathtaking in appearance and some would argue, unrivaled.

Typically the Colombian diet consists of fresh fruits, vegetables, and fish, with very little canned food and fast food. In general they have not been exposed to as many toxins as those living in the northern hemisphere. In contrast, Americans have been exposed to a myriad of industrial chemicals all of their lives. For example BPA, a chemical widely used in plastic drinking bottles, the resins that line cans, infant formula, and other consumer products has been shown to disrupt the hormonal system, potentially leading to reproductive defects as well as brain damage, cardiovascular disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes. The physical and psychological development of Americans has been stunted and disrupted by industrial chemicals, causing American women to become menopausal in their early thirties.

With so many famous and beautiful Colombian women in the spot light no wonder Colombia has become so popular for the on-line bride industry.

According to Kenneth Agee, the marketing director of U.S. based company A Foreign Affair(AFA), the company has known about the beauty of Colombian women for more than 20 years. AFA is an international matchmaking company that brings American and European men to Colombia to find wives. Each month A Foreign Affair takes groups of men to Barranquilla and other Colombian cities to what are called socials. These socials are attended by 10 to 15 men and about 100 to 200 beautiful ladies. David from Mesa AZ says he met more qualified women in one week than he has during the last 10 years. In 2010, Lisa Ling and the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) filmed a one hour show on the AFA tour called "Online Brides - Our America with Lisa Ling." Even Lisa Ling was surprised by the beauty and sincerity of the women from Barranquilla. No wounded men travel so far to find a wife.
Romance / Backups Peak During The Holidays, But Others Seek New Opportunities by 1stworldview: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
To those of you who have significant others, watch out. According to a "Peak Break-Up Times" chart created by David McCandless and Lee Byron, we are entering the year's second highest break-up time, second only to spring break. Their data shows what appears to be the first actual representation of the trend. Using information collected from Facebook, the duo charted the most frequent times of year that relationships end. There are two astonishing peaks, one in March and one during the Christmas holidays. There’s even a name for the phenomenon: the “turkey drop” which implies a break up in that period starting just before Thanksgiving.

The weeks before Christmas are a bad time for relationships. To those single ladies and gents out there, the market is about to get a lot meatier. The chart was first posted on David McCandless' Information is Beautiful website, and has since been reposted on several other news sites. McCandless and Byron searched for the frequency of "break up" and "broken up" in Facebook statuses, and also set up a program that logged the dates of changes in relationship status onto a calendar. Does the study rely too heavily on Facebook?

"I think it relates to real life, probably, really closely," said Byron. "Just based on anecdotal evidence, it seems to match up. Anyone who has looked at the chart tends to have a positive reaction. I've also had an expert in relationships look at the graph and tell me that it maps very close to reality

McCandless seconded that opinion. "I wouldn't call it a study," he said. "The intention was not to claim anything is true, it's just an interesting pattern that happens. There are all kinds of biases, Facebook was very much primarily used by young people, I'm just simply saying 'cool.'"

The chart is one piece of a larger project on breakups. The series of information graphics on ending relationships includes topics like breakup methods and "We broke up because," as well as a flow chart on how relationships come together and fall apart.

But Why Do Couples Break Up Right Before Christmas?

When asked why two weeks before Christmas is a peak breakup time, Byron said, "I think it has something to do with end-of-the-year reflections or thoughts of everyone heading home for the holidays." Perhaps some people realize their significant other is not someone they would want to introduce to their families.

"I can only reflect on my own experience -- would you want stay in a relationship that you felt was over through Christmas and New Year's? You don't want to be dogged by worries or pressure, you don't want to be worrying about the potential ups and downs in your relationship, you just want to clear the space," said McCandless.

"This is the season," said Dr. Dorree Lynn, a psychologist and author of "Sex for Grownups," "to be needy and greedy as opposed to the message that we try to put out. It evokes incredibly high stress and depression, culminating statistically in New Years being the highest suicide date. The reason this happens is that we have the media myth that this is supposed to be a happy, wonderful and joyous time."

"Couples or people who are dating are in a bind," Lynn said. "It's kind of a flight or another step to commitment time. The same thing holds true for Valentine's Day. These are symbolic times where you're making a statement, and if you're not sure, particularly if you haven't been dating for several years, a lot of people have issues about gift giving and how intimate the gift giving is and they get frightened because they don't want to put pressure on the other person, but on the other hand they don't want to feel like a fool giving something and not getting anything back."

"I think the expectation of an expensive gift from a significant other can be the straw that breaks up the camel's relationship," said Brian Moylan of Gawker. "If you're already unhappy and thinking about pulling the trigger on a relationship, why not do it before you have to spend hundreds of dollars on a fancy watch or cufflinks or lingerie you don't even want to see your girlfriend wearing anyway? That way you get freedom and $100 you can blow at a strip club (or on some reasonably priced shoes)."

Moylan added, "People are thinking about New Year's resolutions and how to improve their lives, and sometimes the best improvement you can make is setting free the good-for-nothing mate."

On the other end of the spectrum, new relationships are on the boom before and during the holidays. Kenneth Agee of A Foreign Affair says, “We see our largest increase in clients during the holidays. People do not want to be alone on the holidays, and with New Year coming, they make resolutions to do whatever it takes to find their soul mate. Even if it means traveling halfway around the world."

A Foreign Affair operates a web site that introduces men to women in Asia, Russia and Latin America. Each week they take groups of men to foreign countries where in just a few shorts days they can meet hundreds of beautiful foreign women looking for marriage. Kenneth Agee further states, “And if you are worried about a breakup, these relationships have half the divorce rate of domestic marriages.”
Travel / Surviving The 90-day Fiancée by 1stworldview: 7:55am On Oct 30, 2014
Surviving the 90-Day Fiancée
An Interview with
International Relationship Expert John Adams
By Joseph Foster, 1st World View

Just when you thought there was no more new “reality” to be uncovered along comes “90-Day Fiancée”, TLC’s new series designed to showcase the drama that takes place during the 90 days that international couples have to either marry or have the fiancée go back to his or her country. The stakes are high which can make for some pretty interesting drama, which of course TLC is certainly hoping for. We all know that there are varying degrees of reality in the so called reality shows, so we thought we would reach out to one of the experts in the field in order to illuminate what really happens during this very interesting 90-day fiancée period. John Adams, CEO of A Foreign Affair, (http:www.loveme.com) has spent the last 20 years working with couples from all over the globe going through the 90-day fiancée visa process. More importantly, he and his Russian wife Tanya, went through the process some 15 years ago, which makes Mr. Adams one of the leading experts as to what can and does happen during that all-important 90 days:

1WV: Thank you for joining us for this interview. You are considered one of the leading experts in the world or International Introductions, can you share with us a little about your background and how you came to work with International couples going through this 90-day Fiancée Visa Process?
Adams: Thank you for inviting me. About 20 years ago three of us started a company called A Foreign Affair to introduce men here in the states and even other countries to foreign women. We started in Russia and quickly expanded to the Ukraine and then Colombia, Philippines and China. We are currently in well over 10 countries and numerous cities throughout the world. We provide full service introductions including communication via the website and actual tours where we take men to the various countries to meet the women. Obviously quite a few of these relationships develop to the point where the couples wish to marry. The most common way to accomplish that is to apply for a K-1 visa, or as it is commonly called, a Fiancée visa. We supply the men with a kit so they can do the process themselves or they can hire an attorney to assist them. I was lucky enough to meet my wife, Tanya, about 17 years ago and we went through the 90-day fiancée visa process and were ultimately married on day 89! Not an easy process for the couple, so I can see why TLC started the show. Actually the production company working on the show has reached out to us for couples who may be interested in appearing on the show and we have sent them several candidates, although I am not sure if they have used any of our couples to date. It is a very private, and can be a very difficult process so it takes the special couple who is willing to share what they are going through with the world.
1WV: What are the requirements to start a Fiancée visa?
Adams: First, you must have met sometime within the last 2 years. You just can’t write letters to someone overseas and then invite him or her over and expect to get the visa; there must be a personal meeting somewhere within 2 years of filing the petition. The petitioner (the one filing for the fiancée to come over) must be single and earn at least 120 percent or more of the Federal poverty level. The beneficiary, (the foreign fiancée) must also be single, and must undergo a police background check, as well as a medical test. There must be proof of a real and on-going relationship, such as photos together, letters, phone records, etc. etc.

1WV: How long does the process take and where does the 90 days factor in?
Adams: It depends. The USCIS is the Federal agency in charge of the process. I have seen K-1 petitions go through and the beneficiary receive the visa as soon as 4 months and as long as two years. I would say that the average is about 6 to 8 months for the entire process. Once the fiancée is issued the visa he or she has 6 months to use it and enter the United States. Once the Fiancee enters the US a new clock starts and he or she now has just 90 days to marry the person who submitted the petition (the fiancée cannot marry someone else and still say in the country, it must be the original petitioner)
1WV: It seems like 90 days is not enough time, you can barely plan a wedding in that time, do they grant extensions for couples who need more time?
Adams: There are no extensions, at least I have never heard of one in the 20 years I have been doing this. The 90 days is a very hard number and it comes very fast, trust me, I speak from personal experience. The short time limit is what puts a lot of artificial pressure and stress on the relationship that really should not be there. Granted if a couple is doing a Fiancee visa they should be as close to positive by the time they file that this is something they both wish to do, but there are a lot of factors that go into it that can complicate the process.
1WV: What are some of those factors?
Adams: Well, like what I affectionately refer to as the “dirty underwear” factor. Because of the distance between them, many of these couples have not lived together or have been able to spend a ton of time face to face prior to him or her coming here, maybe a week here or a couple weeks there, and that time is usually much more like a vacation than what real life will be like. Yes, most couples will use skype or E-mail to communicate daily, but it is not the same as being around each other on a 24/7 basis and dealing with mundane chores like doing laundry, or cleaning the house. Not all couples will live together during that 90 day period prior to marriage, but in my experience almost all do. That can be a real eye opener for one or both of the couple, it isn’t always what was expected. A lot has to do with how honest each person was about what their life style really was like and what they really expected out of the relationship. If there is any disconnect it is really going to be magnified during this process.
Some couples have no problem whatsoever. They are married within a few days or a few weeks of arrival and move on from there. Others however, are more complicated and this is where the drama comes in. These are the situations where normally one, or even both, couples are still not 100 percent sure and are using the 90-day fiancé period as a sort of “test drive” to see what life is really going to be like. That is where the problems - and the drama come in. The issue is that both individuals are well aware of what is going on and both constantly feel as though they are being judged and evaluated, which may be the case. The most drama and stress occurs in situations where one person is committed and ready to walk down the aisle and the other is still somewhat hesitant. This is where the excuses to delay will begin. No one wants to come out and say, “Well let me think about this for a while”, so we make up excuses to delay moving forward all the time evaluating every move and every word and every action and of course the stress level continues to increase as the 90 day deadline looms ever closer.
1WV: What are some other factors that come into play during the 90-Day Fiancée process:
Adams: One huge factor is children. If either person has a child, especially the beneficiary, it can be extremely stressful. Now you are introducing a third (in some cases even more) person and personality into the equation. With domestic second marriages, dealing with the children and everyone adjusting is difficult enough, just imagine bringing a child who may not speak English to a totally new home in a totally new and strange country. Not easy. The child will impact the dynamics of the relationship, sometimes in a positive way, sometimes in a negative way. In a lot of cases the couple did not spend a lot of time with the child when getting to know each other in the beneficiary’s country and in most cases did not live with the child. The age of the child does not really matter there are challenges associated with very young children and different challenges associated with older children, the challenges are there.
Another factor that can really throw a monkey wrench into the works is ex-spouses. I recall a case where the man had his fiancée come from the Ukraine and was living in his condo, the only problem was that his ex-wife lived in the condo next door. The man and his ex-wife were on good terms so the ex-wife would just let herself in and start making coffee like she lived there. I knew the woman from the Ukraine, great woman, and she told me that she just could not deal being that close to his ex-wife all the time, and she didn’t think it would ever change, actually she thought it would get worse after the marriage, so she went back the Ukraine - single.

You really never know what the factor or factors are going to be until you are in the middle of it. I had one client who lived in Los Angeles and thought the woman from Colombia was going to love the LA area because a lot of people speak Spanish. But as soon as she arrived she really did not like LA at all and wanted to go back to Colombia. He ended up moving there and marrying her and living there.
1WV: So it does sound like the 90-Day Fiancée Visa Process can produce quite a bit of drama which should be good for TLC. Do you have any advice for anyone that may be contemplating the process?
Adams: Realistic expectations. Both have to be very honest about who they are, what they want, and what they are willing to give. The more honest up front, the less drama on the back end. If you are going to do the fiancée visa and survive the 90-day fiancé visa period you have to want to be married. Don’t do it and think, “ we will see what happens”, or 90 days is a long time I’m sure it will work out. I will tell you from experience those 90 days go by like a wink of an eye, and you want that time of your life to be joyous and happy, not stressful and dreadful. So if you are not sure then put it off until you are and if that point never comes than you probably should not have done it in the first place. The last thing you want to do is to bring your fiancée here and have him or her ready to commit and you get cold feet and have to send him or her back, that is one of the most difficult, most stressful of tasks you will ever encounter. Try to spend as much time as you can with your fiancée before he or she comes over. I was lucky enough to live with Tanya for a couple months in Russia so that helped us quite a bit, but even still it was a hard process.
One other thing, this is not a fantasy, this is real life and as you know real life is not perfect. Nor is your fiancée going to be perfect. Perfect only happens in movies and in books, the rest of us have to deal with real life. All too often I see men who are searching for this romanticized fantasy of what they think married life will be like, and sometimes life may be like their ideal, but not all the time, actually that would probably get boring. Relationships are full of ups and downs, wins and losses, good and bad, and the 90 Day Fiancée Visa Process has a way of magnifying everything the good and the bad.

Joseph Foster
1st World View
Romance / Size Does Matter, At Least In China by 1stworldview: 10:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Fantasy Brides, an international marriage agency that brings American men to China for marriage has a very interesting new marketing campaign in China. The company says the response has been overwhelming, offering Chinese women the opportunity to meet not only American and foreign men, but also promises that these men are four to eight centimeters longer on average when compared to the average Chinese man.

James Coldwell, the marketing director of Fantasy Brides says, "The idea came after we were filming women telling us why they wanted to meet American and European men. Over fifty percent of the women stated that American men had a reputation for being much larger than Chinese men and had a greater sex drive. With a recent report showing Chinese women to have the highest sex drive of any industrialized county, it only made sense matching American men and Chinese women together. Because the Chinese women are much more petit than American women the average guy can feel like Ron Jeremy - a porn star." Not only will the men get to meet women that can appreciate their size, but also can meet women who are open to marring men ten to twenty years their senior. In most Asian cultures, women considering marriage with older men is quite normal. Older men are more experienced, stable, and have more wisdom, whereas younger Asian men are less mature and not ready to start a family. When we first decided to run the ad we never dreamed of the responses we would get. We hoped the ad would increase sign ups by ten to twenty percent, but we saw more than a 350 percent increase. Out of all the ads we ran this one had the best response. And because the women must sign up in our offices we had to greatly increase our staff. "

When asked what would stop other agencies from running the same type of ads, Brad replied, "Because we are based and incorporated in Hong Kong we can legally advertise in China media outlets, where almost all our competitors are based in Europe or North America and cannot place ads in mainland China.

So size really does matter, at least in marketing.
Romance / American's Willing To Risk Their Lives To Find Love In The Ukraine. . by 1stworldview: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Phoenix-based international marriage agency A Foreign Affair is still leading groups of men to Ukraine in search of wives, despite the volatile political crisis developing in Ukraine's eastern border with Russia. Tens of thousands of Russian troops have amassed just miles from the cities of Lugansk and Sumy, two of AFA's most popular destinations among mail-order-bride seekers. "Actually, we're going to Lugansk this weekend for a large singles event and plan to be there for a week afterwards," says AFA CEO John Adams. "We've done five romance tours to Ukraine since the political crisis began in November and the response from the women there has been overwhelming."

Hardly inconspicuous as they travel on buses in large groups from city to city, AFA's tour groups have encountered no hostilities from locals or anti-American sentiment. "Aside from the occasional isolated protest here and there, it seems like life as usual in every city we've visited so far," says Adams, who receives a daily briefing from local staffers in Kiev and Odessa. "If anything, we're seeing record numbers of ladies attending our social parties." Asked how bad things would have to get in Ukraine in order for travel plans to be cancelled, Adams says "Obviously, we wouldn't intentionally put our clients in harms way. We can always detour to a back up city for awhile if need be. We just ask clients to understand that while things are still relatively calm throughout Ukraine, there is a heightened risk." The company, which has been introducing American men to Ukrainian women for 15 years, has three more tours planned for this year.
Career / Thousands Flee The United States. by 1stworldview: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Thousands flee the United States. According to the web site EscapingAmerica.org, each year thousands of Americans leave the U.S. for a new home aboard. According to the main contributors of the site, there are many reason for this, including economical issue such as wages continuing to decline. Also crime is on the rise. The cost of health care in the US is a big problem, too. Americans pay more for health care than any other country, yet America ranks only 38th in the world in terms of health care. Lastly, education in the U.S. is extremely expensive. And getting in to a college can be very difficult even if you can afford it. [Name] is a 30 year resident of the U.S.. He moved his family back to Japan due to the cost of health care and education. Health care in Japan is free and the education is extremely high quality. Why should this concern us? He took his high income and his company back to Japan. Meanwhile, America continues to allow many immigrants in to the country, and most are primarily poor. When Americans leave they take their social security, their retirement benefits and IRAs with them. And many times the company jobs.

Education: Each year thousands of students travel abroad for education. Again this is a case of U.S. dollars flowing out of the country. One such student we talked with told us he was not able to get into medical school here, even with a 4.0 GPA and an IQ of 185. But he was able to get student loans totaling $250,000 and he qualified for medical school in the Dominican Republic. That's more money flowing out of the U.S.. More and more Americans now travel abroad for education. Each year thousands of doctors come from India because America cannot educate doctors fast enough for the growing demand of an ailing society. The U.S. allows roughly 70,000 work visas for highly educated foreigners to come and work in the country. These companies insist that they cannot find skilled labor here, and that Americans just do not have the education needed to fill these jobs.

Health Care: Statistics show that for every one person coming to the U.S. for medical care, more than 12 travel outside the U.S. to countries like Thailand that average over 5,000 foreigners each day for medical care. Think about that: 35,000 patients each week travel to Thailand for medical care, while the U.S. averages only about 60,000 foreign patients per year who come for medical treatment. Most of the 60,000 come from poor countries with little or no medical care, while over 700,000 leave to get medical treatment in foreign countries.

Standard of living: The cost of living in many countries is a fraction of the cost needed to live in the U.S.. One expatriate, James, tells us, "Because many counties have such great transportation system there is no need to own a car. This saves me about $750 a month alone, with no need for gas, no car payment and no need for insurance. I can now afford a maid. I can afford a massage several times each week. I eat at restaurants every day. I wasn't able to do any of those things in the U.S.. Medical care is so inexpensive for me now, I can just pay as I go and there is no wait. I can see doctors, same day, without an a appointment."

The Editor of Escaping America states that by the year 2025 there will be more people leaving the U.S. than coming to it.

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 312
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.