Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Help Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed (1770 Views)

Urgent Help Needed On How To Save Fingerprint To Sql Using U Are U 4500 And Java / SAP: Help Needed / Jscripts Help Needed Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed by liliian(f): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2016
Can anyone help with this,i am a bit lost with the two,just confusing.

Thanks.
Re: Help Needed by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2016
Which kind of software a console or java GUI . Explain what components that are present ?
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 10:08am On Apr 11, 2016
proxy20:
Which kind of software a console or java GUI . Explain what components that are present ?

i am using netbeans. I have no components yet. i don't know how to start while implementing .
Re: Help Needed by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 11, 2016
So you are asked to create a GPA calculator . Our grading system is different from yours .
70-100 = A
60-69 = B
50_59= C
45-49= D

and so on
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2016
proxy20:
So you are asked to create a GPA calculator . Our grading system is different from yours .
70-100 = A
60-69 = B
50_59= C
45-49= D

and so on

is not really the problem.
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2016
lordZOUGA please....
Re: Help Needed by ijeezlux(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
do u mean you want to store all the students grade in a container, then output output the the grade u stored first in the container.... the one u stores last will be outputed last... am ryt?
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
double post
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
ijeezlux:
do u mean you want to store all the students grade in a container, then output output the the grade u stored first in the container.... the one u stores last will be outputed last... am ryt?

yes dear but it doesn't have to be a container.
Re: Help Needed by asalimpo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
post your work and show your line of thinking step by step. Where confused some1 could come in and help you. Throwing your hands up and pushing your assignment over here for some mofo to do it for you - just wont work.
Let's see what you'v done and how hard you've worked before we deem you worthy of receiving help.

I think too many lazy folks are flocking into the programming thing, and just dont have the mettle to cope
. We see their posts all over here.
Re: Help Needed by larisoft: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Your assignment, as I understand it, requires you to accept students scores, grade them, and output them based on

1. First to submit
2. Highest scorers.

You will use an ordinary queue for the first output method and a priority queue for the second. I imagine the user will have the option of choosing in what format he wants the output from amongst the two options.

I could make this app (console) this evening if I find time on my side. It never hurts to add something to my github account I guess.
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
larisoft:
Your assignment, as I understand it, requires you to accept students scores, grade them, and output them based on

1. First to submit
2. Highest scorers.

I could make this app (console) this evening if I find time on my side. It never hurts to add something to my github account I guess.

Exactly,i did some works.I will post it later so you can see what you can do with it.

Thank you for understanding .
Re: Help Needed by larisoft: 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
here: I wrote a program that does what I described.

It accepts students names and their scores, then it asks the user to select what format the output should be in.
option 1 is FIFO queue, option 2 is priority queue.

Its written in such a way that you can easily add more features by adding more properties to the student class.

will love to hear your feedback.
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
thanks
Re: Help Needed by larisoft: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
liliian:

I like this, thanks. After following the instructions

this is what happens when compiling

are u entering '1' rather than 1? do not enter quotation marks pls
Re: Help Needed by liliian(f): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
larisoft:

are u entering '1' rather than 1? do not enter quotation marks pls

I am entering '1' then press enter.

Don't worry, i am sorting it out.You have been a great help in such a little time.

Thank you so much for your help and kindness.
Re: Help Needed by eNelo(f): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
larisoft na badooo jooo!!!

(1) (Reply)

What It Cost To Build A Social Media App / MESA Compile? / I Need A MATLAB Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.