Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

In A Christian College (a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In A Christian College (a Short Story) (1627 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Received An Honorary Degree In Amherst College Massachusetts / "Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Oloniyan(m): 2:19pm On May 12, 2016
All Right Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form without the prior written approval of the writer.
© Mario Olatuyi 2016
In a Christian College is a work of fiction, any resemblance to names or places are just coincidental.
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Oloniyan(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2016
[center]PART ONE[/center]
Francis had to gulp down the viju-milk on his hand as he must still oversee the fellowship programme by 5pm today at the day was Thursday and customarily their fellowship day in campus. He was very famished. He has been attending lectures upon lecture this particular day; it was as if the lecturers had chosen the day as their confluence day in his class. He checked again on time to see that it ten minutes to five; he immediately left his room to the chapel.

Francis is a tall, well built and handsome guy, thanks to his indulgence in physical exercise and series of weight lifting, he is very muscular guy that can almost be liken to Sylvester stallion. Everybody in the fellowship and his department revere him because he hardly picks up any trouble with anyone; the expansive way and method with which he explain each verse of bible is as if he wrote it himself, his elegance and comprehensive way he answered their questions is second to none. He had to turn down the position of their fellowship president because he is always busy as he said.

Franco! Franco!! Franco!!! Rent the air as he entered the chapel. He smile and managed to hug some while he shake some. A beam of smile crossed his face as he made his way to the pulpit for the business of the day.
Among the congregation sat Pastor Oluwatosin. He also smile back at Francis and a thought flashes in his mind that only if the congregation could know better then they would reason better.
......................................................................................................................................................
‘Double six’ Peter thundered triumphantly as the dice finally landed after rolling frantically all about the corner of their room.
Segun, Chris and Hammed hissed in turn knowing that Peter has won the bet for the fifth consecutive time.
‘You guys better accept for your master today cos e be like say Apostle Peter get correct jazz today o.’ Seun said as he giggled from the corner of their room with a jumbo size Indian hemp oozing out deep smoke from its red hot tip on his hand.
‘Dan buroba.’ Hammed snorted at him while Segun and Chris echo ‘amugbo oshi’ at the same time.
‘Never mind them Seun, i promise you one rizler of smoke tomorrow jhoor.’ Peter tells him as he counts the money he won from their series of bet this night, it was seven thousand Naira altogether.
‘You guys should know better that i don’t like these kind things you are doing in this room.’ Francis spat angrily at his roommates as he enters into the room.

The thick stench of Indian hemp and cigarette is still very much in the air, it would take the grace of God and aid of Aerosol Inhaler for an Asthmatic patient to survive in that room. He gently picks up the half drunk bottle of whiskey from his bed and spontaneously handed it over to Hammed who in turn smiled and jokingly collected it from him saying ‘I be the drunk for the room abi? Babu wahala manna.’

‘Who else drinks like mosquito drinks blood in this room if not you o?’ Seun asked him jokingly.

‘Abi naw, at least i minimise mine in fluids and stay away from smokes o.’ Hammed replied him back.

Even Francis himself could not help but laugh at their show of highness in their various degrees.
Only Peter was silent throughout as he look up at the wall clock in their room to see that it was quarter to 2am. He wonders what could always be keeping Francis late each Thursday after fellowship which normally ends by 8pm each day.

‘I don’t think i will be covering for you guys anymore at the chapel because people are raising eyebrows while you guys were always absent and get away with it at the end of each semester o’ Francis informed them as he covered himself with his blanket from head to toe and heaved a sigh of relieve to himself.

People will be happy as from daybreak today in this campus.’ He thought within himself and gave a wicked wryly smile as he retired into deep slumber.
.......................................................................................................................................

It was after eight in the evening, Vivian look into the mirror as she gives finishing touches to the heavy makeup she was wearing for today’s outing. Chief Maxwell and his cliques are waiting at the bus-stop just adjacent the University East gate for them; Mariam, Tolulope and she cannot afford to miss today’s flexing and moreover Chief still owed them for their last outing.

Such is their quest and for flexing and exuberances that they used to give their services in I Owe You mode of transaction.

‘That security man said we have 10 minutes more so we have to hurry up.’ Tolulope reminded them as they hurriedly pick up their handbags and starts heading for the main door of their hostel.

‘Mtcheew!!!’ Kiki hissed angrily at them. ‘i don’t know what they derives from those silly-haggard and good-for-nothing old men.’ She concluded.

‘At least we are better off going out with them than being a lesbian.’ Mariam snapped at her.

‘Don’t mind them sweetheart, come to me and let’s have the room to ourselves jare.’ Grace beckoned to her half naked and she slammed the door behind them as they continue handling, moaning and cuddling.

Aanuoluwa just sat at her bed disgusted at their Sodom acts as she always call it. She was just back from fellowship to pick up some things for the night class but she need to take some snacks and tea drink before she go. When she couldn’t take it anymore she packed some books, her bible and a hood into her handbag before bolting out of the room in rage.

All of them are in four hundred levels in the institution. Fate has one way or the other brought them together right from their first year in the school. They’ve always been roommates from inception. Even though they all have their vices, they still find a way to be at peace with each other in the room.
.........................................................................................................................

[center]THE FOLLOWING MORNING[/center]

The whole campus was woken up to a shock news that the Registrar of the University, Professor Kuye and two lecturers were gruesomely murdered in their cold blood with a female student in a hotel which is just 2 km from the University last night by some suspected cultist. The police said they are currently on the trail of the cultists.

‘Good riddance to bad rubbishes.’ A student remarked.

‘But why would they kill them?’

‘Those men were truly mean to us students but i don’t see any reason to justify their deaths’

‘Come to think of it, they said suspected cultist kill them. Could there by any chance be a cultist in this University?’

‘I wouldn’t know naw, maybe you can carry out the investigation yourself.’

‘Maybe they were hired.’

‘I heard the lady that died is that Mariam in Mass communication departments.’

‘Eeeww!!! That pretty and brilliant girl! Na wa o.’

‘You forgot to add Olosho too.’

‘And that Registrar was a Godly man o, but what was he doing with a female student in a hotel at that odd hour?’

‘At least those two lecturers were well known womaniser and fraudster. I just pity their kids’

Such were the discussions and gossips going on among the students that morning. Even the University Board had to call for emergency board meeting concerning the matter. They later resolved to help the law enforcement agencies in carrying out their investigations. Pastor Oluwatosin was elevated to the post of Acting Registrar pending the time for proper filling of the post.
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Oloniyan(m): 7:23pm On May 12, 2016
D9ty7 you know that marioking still writes though? Jaymomma i've missed you Jennydoris come and see something o. toykathy, handie onemansquad faltaveli
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by handie(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2016
Oloniyan:
D9ty7 you know that marioking still writes though? Jaymomma i've missed you Jennydoris come and see something o. toykathy, handie onemansquad faltaveli
Present!!!
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by toykathy(f): 12:18pm On May 13, 2016
Oloniyan:

Quietly observing...... Thz for d mention
Are u marioking?
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Oloniyan(m): 1:28pm On May 13, 2016
toykathy:

Quietly observing...... Thz for d mention
Are u marioking?

Thou has said it grin grin grin
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by ayoolagr8ness(f): 5:01pm On May 13, 2016
Abeg,drop sum more pls
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Awesome55(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2016
Following to d end as flies dey follow poopoo
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by toykathy(f): 12:04am On May 14, 2016
Oloniyan:

Thou has said it grin grin grin
Ayam watching yhu wif tirid

1 Like

Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by jeremie97(m): 11:49am On May 14, 2016
following you back to back...abeg do update o.. .nice storyline...
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by joanee20(f): 9:57pm On May 14, 2016
Enjoying this nice piece**whispering**missmossy do you like? come and see o
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by dimssy(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2016
Hmmmmm,make sense. Continue o.
Re: In A Christian College (a Short Story) by Oloniyan(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2016
PART TWO

Two months has gone by after the death of the Registrar and the two lecturers, nothing was heard about the investigations being carried out by the security agencies concerning the mystery behind their murders. Students and staff went on with their daily activities as usual. The rumours and panic soon died down like smoke.

It was Thursday evening and time for student fellowship, students were trooping in to the hall like never before because since the inception of Pastor Oluwatosin as the Acting Registrar, attendance has been mandatory for all student. Failure to come would attract two weeks in the school rehabilitation centre for first offender and suspension for subsequent offences.

Comot for road aboki, let me in before this shege comes in jare.’ Hammed was shouting on Peter who was walking lackadaisically into the hall.

Me can’t kill myself joor, don’t know what came over Franco these days that he refused to be covering for us as usual.’ Peter remarked.

‘Na initial gragra jare, he go soon tire.’ It was Seun who said that.
They all settled down as praise and worship was done followed by prayers.

Our topic for today is ‘NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED.’ The whole congregations chorused after Francis ‘NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED.’
‘Let somebody open into the book of Isaiah Chapter Fourteen verse five.

The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.’ Someone from the Congregation read it aloud.

Francis continue ‘The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked; as you all know that the staff is the symbol of power of a shepherd over his flock, whenever it is broken the flocks would go astray. So shall all the oppressed be set free in Jesus name! Fear them not because the lord has proclaimed no peace unto them unless they change their ways. He has promised you in the book of Malachi chapter four verse Three that ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet............’ There was a hush at the entrance of the Chapel as some Mobile policemen were seen entering with the Acting Registrar in Cuffs.

Francis made a sudden dash for the door behind the pulpit but was cut short by the emergence of a policeman from the door. Pandemonium broke out of the congregation as several arrests were made.

About fifteen students were arrested into the three hilux van parked outside chapel. Pastor Oluwatosin could not hide his shame as he was led outside with handcuffed with Francis.

You are under arrest for the conspiracy and murder of Professor Kuye and your colleagues and also for belonging to the dreadful Arrow and skull cult group. You are advice to remain silent as anything you say may be used against you in the court of law and you are equally advice to contact your attorneys.’ One of Police informed them.

‘Heeeeeee!!!’ unbelievable.’

Ko possible.’

It’s not true.’

Such are the remarks of the whole University populace.

Then on the Hilux van, Francis mind drifted back to the past.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Lol &lmao / Nigerian Novels On Widowhood / Is This Really Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.