Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

"Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye (4665 Views)

Ambode, His Wife, Pastor Adeboye & His Wife At 2018 Annual Thanksgiving Service / Pastor Adeboye Visits President Buhari Today At The Abuja House, London (photos) / Ekiti APC Slams Pastor Adeboye Over Support For Fayose, Alleges Bribery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
I was at the point of garnering momentum to make this compilation before I saw Pastor (Daddy) Adeboye's stand on the injustices meted out on Nigerian Christians recently. According to him: "I will not seek vengeance", making reference to the Christian lady killed my some Moslem youths. After some thoughts over his assertion, I declined a little, even though his opinion was to a great extent unsatisfactory, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

But, my zeal to pencil down my grievances was rejuvenated after I entered online this evening to get myself acquainted with the day's infos and was accosted again by the marriage saga by Daddy Adeboye. Thus, the reason for this piece.

Before I go on, i thought it pertinent enough to introduce myself, that you may be cognisant of my biases, if any, sir. I am a young Nigerian Christian.

Sir, it is with deep sense of displeasure and grill that I write this. Recently, the amount of injustices that was doled out to Nigerian Christians were disheartening. From the killing of a lady in kano and Abuja to burning of a Christian worship centre(catholic church) by "some people" for using it on a Friday meant for Muslims, to mention but a few. The government of the day did little or nothing about these. It was not a surprise. If for no other thing sir, I expected you sir, and our vice president to condemn these barbaric acts and follow the case till a logical and impressing conclusion that will be at least consoling to the teeming Christians out there. But it was unfortunate sir, that the cases have been buried and forgotten, JUST LIKE THAT; only for you to tell us that you will not seek revenge.

Sir, You must not seek the revenge before God must act. Nobody is a personal assistant to Jesus Christ, and nobody is a sole harbinger of the Holy Ghost. If God wants to act, the revenge which Christians all over (including me) have sought is more than enough to spur him to action. All we needed from you was to at least hold the government of the day on its toes through the instrumentality of your junior colleague (the second in command of the federal republic) and make sure that justice prevailed in ITS FULLEST. That is what we needed from you sir. Tell the government her sins. That is the work of a man of God, sir; which every other citizen may not afford. As for the vengeance seeking, we can do that ourselves.

On the "who to marry and who not to marry" saga: That was actually the reason for the title of this letter - Misplacement of priorities. We need to have justice first, before we talk of marriage. However, you have made your opinion as an ordained man of God. You spoke from a spiritual angle. And you may not be too wrong, sir. In my own humble opinion sir, as a little boy of God, I also think I can marry a lady who suits all my taste but may not be able to pray up to an hour; and teach her how to do that. I can actually marry a pagan and make her a pastoress in one year. It all depends on who one is, and what one and what one wants to accomplish. Man is a bundle of possibilities.

Thank you sir, and I wish you more of God's grace in Christendom. You have already won thousands of souls for God. May your reward never elude you, amen.

sscripturas@gmail.com

http://www.ogainnocent.com/2016/08/misplacement-of-priorities-open-letter_2.html?m=1

6 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by TheFreeOne: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Religion breeds dogmatism.....a shackling of human spirit.

It is preposterous for anyone to decide whom others must marry. Even the Almighty never denies humans freewill cos that's makes us unfolds our 'talents' to learn, develop, mature, become better in earthly and spiritual pursuits.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
I believe he was talking to a set of people. He wouldn't say the same thing if he was addressing you. You don't need a prayerful wife but his people do. It doesn't make them better than you or you better than them. You don't need a wife that can cook but he has identified that as an important part when considering a wife. In summary the message was not for you so move on.
I don't know why you are angry he didn't insult the government on the because of the murder of that woman. What good would that achieve? OKso because he didn't call for the heads of those people you think he is dumb? Do you know the meetings held behind the scene?
No sense at all.

3 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by smarthG(f): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lovely write up. Well calculated. People especially men of God are turning their eyes off from what is happening in the government of this Nation.

About marriage, God gives the direction.

If. All these pastors believe that by faith, the lot of this Nation can be changed, even when it is in th hand of the enemy, then a wife can as well be changed by faith when Love is there.

Real misplacement of priority.

Idahosa you remain a hero to penticostals.
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by sleekAfonja: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2016
Religion is a powerful tool to control people. The way and manner these god of men make the prime mover to be is preposterous.

No mortal can ever fully conceptualize the unmoved mover!

2 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by johnwizey: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
Adeboye ain't forcing you lots to accept his teachings, so whats the noise about? Weather u marry a girl that can cook or not is your biz nt his, you will be at the receiving end not him.

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by coolscott(m): 3:47am On Aug 03, 2016
[size=13pt]As Christians, we must forgive[/size]
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by MENZPRIDE(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Dear Op, your point and opinion has been well made and you are entitled to yours. Likewise the humble Pastor E.A. Adeboye is entitled to his. However, by virtue of his position I think he is no longer entitled to such Privilege. So also President Buhari cannot claim personal opinion on any utterance he makes.
I hope you are not expecting him to inflame tension in the land?
As for the marriage issue, a little advice from someone who has been in that Faculty for decades should'nt hurt much.

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Religion breeds dogmatism.....a shackling of human spirit.

It is preposterous for anyone to decide whom others must marry. Even the Almighty never denies humans freewill cos that's makes us unfolds our 'talents' to learn, develop, mature, become better in earthly and spiritual pursuits.

On point. But throw more lights on your about the stand if Christian stalwarts on the current issue of the injustices meted out on Christians in Nigeria. How do you rate their actions/inactions?
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:
I believe he was talking to a set of people. He wouldn't say the same thing if he was addressing you. You don't need a prayerful wife but his people do. It doesn't make them better than you or you better than them. You don't need a wife that can cook but he has identified that as an important part when considering a wife. In summary the message was not for you so move on.
I don't know why you are angry he didn't insult the government on the because of the murder of that woman. What good would that achieve? OKso because he didn't call for the heads of those people you think he is dumb? Do you know the meetings held behind the scene?
No sense at all.

No sense at all?? In deed. Well, if you read my post again, you will understand if at all you have the capacity that I respected his opinion on the marriage saga.
So my own opinion also stands for me. #peace.

On the other hand, if there are medtings held behind the scene, then let us know. People are been killed within the scene and you are meeting behind the scene. SMh.Those that are killing people are they part of the meeting behind the scene. Sorry if you are an RCCG member, but just accept this simple truth, its bitter I know, but I have no option.

Let us call a spade a spade. Let all the "big" pastors in Nigeria come out and condemn it publicly. Is that too much to ask for? Let them tell the government her sins. Is there anything too difficult in it? Christians are being killed and those that suppose to talk are not talking. Rather they are pursuing rat while the house is on fire. Nawaoo!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2016
smarthG:
Lovely write up. Well calculated. People especially men of God are turning their eyes off from what is happening in the government of this Nation.

About marriage, God gives the direction.

If. All these pastors believe that by faith, the lot of this Nation can be changed, even when it is in th hand of the enemy, then a wife can as well be changed by faith when Love is there.

Real misplacement of priority.

Idahosa you remain a hero to penticostals.

Thank you for seeing what I am seeing. I will receive attacks from RCCg members. But no p.
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
johnwizey:
Adeboye ain't forcing you lots to accept his teachings, so whats the noise about? Weather u marry a girl that can cook or not is your biz nt his, you will be at the receiving end not him.

Good. Noted. What do you have to say about his "indifference" in the major issue of concern? Talking about the murder of Christians.
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
coolscott:
[size=13pt]As Christians, we must forgive[/size]

And if we should forgive, we should not condemn?

They should go on killing us and we keep on forgiving without condemning their actions? Is that your stand

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
I think some people are not yet seeing from my own perspective. Just try and kill a single Moslem in the south here, and watch how the Emirs and the Sultans will shout as if their generation depend on the person.

But when Christians are the case, we all keep quiet an accept it as a norm. Those that will talk are only good at predicting who will win and who will loose. That is really unfortunate.

This is a wake up call to all so-called pastors and Christian religious leaders to always PUBLICLY CONDEMN EVIL. It helps in restoring sanity.

2 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by TheFreeOne: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
OgaInnocent:

On point. But throw more lights on your about the stand if Christian stalwarts on the current issue of the injustices meted out on Christians in Nigeria. How do you rate their actions/inactions?

Christian leaders have been found wanting in taking necessary actions against the evil gradually pervading the land as seen from recent killings. It is unfortunate that some in their myopic mindset thought if they take govt to task it's will be akin to seeking vengeance and courting religious crisis but they failed to realise that its their lukewarm attitude that will eventually engender a far reaching religious war if not checked.

So why wait on the creator what you have capacity to put a stop to evil by speaking truth to power so that govt we do the needful? But antecedents of christian religious leaders have shown they care for earthly positions / power than the people they claimed to lead which makes majority of them wolves in sheepskin.

So challenging the govt to ensure lives citizens are protected is not same as fighting for God as some simpletons are made to believe.

Life is a gift that must be protected and HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by felixlovu: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
U wrote wat u think.but must time u think better b4 u say something out,talkless of posting for d world to read.are u saying pastor adeboye should use s influence of d VP to fight d government.in ur bible u know how JESUS was crucified and how all his disciples were humilated.are u telling me dat there was nobody to fight d govt then.GOD knows best about dat woman.and wit dis am starting to think u can never do wat dis woman did.and most houses and ministries hav been destroyed by woman.human being is d most difficult creature u can change,so dnt b rest assured u can change someone as easy as dat

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by MzPecs(f): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hi TheFreeOne smiley

Pls spare me few mins of your time.
Sorry to disturb you embarassed
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Christian leaders have been found wanting in taking necessary actions against the evil gradually pervading the land as seen from recent killings. It is unfortunate that some in their myopic mindset thought if they take govt to task it's will be akin to seeking vengeance and courting religious crisis but they failed to realise that its their lukewarm attitude that will eventually engender a far reaching religious war if not checked.

So why wait on the creator what you have capacity to put a stop to evil by speaking truth to power so that govt we do the needful? But antecedents of christian religious leaders have shown they care for earthly positions / power than the people they claimed to lead which makes majority of them wolves in sheepskin.

So challenging the govt to ensure lives citizens are protected is not same as fighting for God as some simpletons are made to believe.

Life is a gift that must be protected and HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

You nailed it brother. The thing baffles me. How can speaking out against evil be interpreted as seeking vengeance.
And yet some followers still find nothing wrong somewhere. It is a pity!

2 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
felixlovu:
U wrote wat u think.but must time u think better b4 u say something out,talkless of posting for d world to read.are u saying pastor adeboye should use s influence of d VP to fight d government.in ur bible u know how JESUS was crucified and how all his disciples were humilated.are u telling me dat there was nobody to fight d govt then.GOD knows best about dat woman.and wit dis am starting to think u can never do wat dis woman did.and most houses and ministries hav been destroyed by woman.human being is d most difficult creature u can change,so dnt b rest assured u can change someone as easy as dat

What is this one saying? So telling the government to rise up to their responsibility is now fighting against govt?

If father Mbaka can dissipate the amount of criticism he howled at GEJ-led government on this govt, Nigeria would have been a step better now. Even when his state, Enugu is direct a victim. But let's leave that for another day

2 Likes

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
OgaInnocent:

No sense at all?? In deed. Well, if you read my post again, you will understand if at all you have the capacity that I respected his opinion on the marriage saga.

On the other hand, if there are medtings held behind the scene, then let us know. People are been killed within the scene and you are meeting behind the scene. SMh.Those that are killing people are they part of the meeting behind the scene. Sorry if you are an RCCG member, but just accept this simple truth, its bitter I know, but I have no option.

Let us call a spade a spade. Let all the "big" pastors in Nigeria come out and condemn it publicly. Is that too much to ask for? Let them tell the government her sins. Is there anything too difficult in it? Christians are being killed and those that suppose to talk are not talking. Rather they are pursuing rat while the house is on fire. Nawaoo!!
There is no truth in what you are saying not to now talk of bitter or sweet. And for the record I haven't stepped foot on any redeem Church for over a year now.
Stop being short sighted and dancing to the tune of people that lack understanding. That is a characteristic of a great leader. What will Adeboye achieve if he comes on air to threaten the government, the Muslims and everybody? What? You will only give room for problems. He may say just one thing and some overzealous person somewhere can decide to take it further. At the end people like you will dig up his comments and point at it as the cause of this man's action. Forget it, you haven't convinced any peace loving person the importance of Adeboye speaking on air on the matter in the way you want him to as the way forward.

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lalasticlala, Seen, Mynd44, giving this post a wider coverage can go a long way in correcting some anomalies. Let us wake our religious leaders(both Islam and Christian) from sleep. They need to protect the lives of their followers through their messages, and not otherwise.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Subconscious(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Religion and culture condition the human mind ....So funny, how they paint a picture to cage people .

Kudos, OgaInnocent .
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:

There is no truth in what you are saying not to now talk of bitter or sweet. And for the record I haven't stepped foot on any redeem Church for over a year now.
Stop being short sighted and dancing to the tune of people that lack understanding. That is a characteristic of a great leader. What will Adeboye achieve if he comes on air to threaten the government, the Muslims and everybody? What? You will only give room for problems. He may say just one thing and some overzealous person somewhere can decide to take it further. At the end people like you will dig up his comments and point at it as the cause of this man's action. Forget it, you haven't convinced any peace loving person the importance of Adeboye speaking on air on the matter in the way you want him to as the way forward.

My dear, you are missing the point. Did I hear you say THREATEN? I did not say so. I have not insinuated so. I only demand a PUBLIC CONDEMNATION OF THE ACT.

Do you understand now?
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
OgaInnocent:

My dear, you are missing the point. Did I hear you say THREATEN? I did not say so. I have not insinuated so. I only demand a PUBLIC CONDEMNATION OF THE ACT.

Do you understand now?
OK I understand now. But I fail to see what good that would do. The vice president is a redeem pastor so he has the ears of baba any day any time. The imam in question already regrets his action, also those guys that killed the woman. The lion does not have to roar before the prey becomes afraid of him. Am sure the government must have assured him of thorough investigation and others so why should he still speak on the matter? To give strength to fellow Christians? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:

OK I understand now. But I fail to see what good that would do. The vice president is a redeem pastor so he has the ears of baba any day any time. The imam in question already regrets his action, also those guys that killed the woman. The lion does not have to roar before the prey becomes afraid of him. Am sure the government must have assured him of thorough investigation and others so why should he still speak on the matter? To give strength to fellow Christians? I don't understand.

You are utterly contradicting yourself. How can you say you understand and still say: "I FAIL TO SEE WHAT GOOD THAT WOULD DO" .If you can't see the good, I am seeing it.

Note: I have not particularised any particular incidence. There are multiple incidences.
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
OgaInnocent:

You are utterly contradicting yourself. How can you say you understand and still say: "I FAIL TO SEE WHAT GOOD THAT WOULD DO" .If you can't see the good, I am seeing it.

Note: I have not particularised any particular incidence. There are multiple incidences.
Haba! I said I understood that you only want him to publicly condemn the act and not threaten the government. Or is that not what you said in the other post?

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
i really want to slap this op
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by FagsamPHP(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Pastor Adeboye is not forcing anyone, he was only talking/advicing his Members & Christains at large.. He was talking about Christians marriages i don't know why unbelievers are chooking mouth to disrespect him....
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by AlPeter: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
OgaInnocent:

oga, you have your 1minute of fame already, abi. Seriously, a little thought would have been proper before making this post. Firstlt, why will he need to publicly condemn when he can quietly walk up to the VP and President to air is views and accelerate proceedings in the right direction. Do you know how influential he is? Public condemnation can easily be twisted to mean something else by these our hungry bloggers. Secondly, on the marriage issue he made a statement, an advice t bachelors and spinsters members of HIS CONGREGATION, what is misplacement of priority there? is he not supposed to be concerned about the general well being of his congregation? In every organization or team there is division of labour, a goalkeeper has is duties, so those a striker. Pastor Adeboye's advise is a very good one before any man should marry have a source of regular income no matter how small. Learn to take care of your responsibility. And for the Ladies when your kids are growing who do you expect to cook for them? The guy? Remember everybody have his or her rules and by default no matter how good at cooking a guy is he will always look for easy meals its just how we are wired.
I believe in treating a lady with respect but stop this silly senseless emotion driven feminism.
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
i really want to slap this op
By saying it, you have done it already. So can you now explain to the public why you slapped the op?
Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by OgaInnocent(m): 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
AlPeter:
oga, you have your 1minute of fame already, abi. Seriously, a little thought would have been proper before making this post. Firstlt, why will he need to publicly condemn when he can quietly walk up to the VP and President to air is views and accelerate proceedings in the right direction. Do you know how influential he is? Public condemnation can easily be twisted to mean something else by these our hungry bloggers. Secondly, on the marriage issue he made a statement, an advice t bachelors and spinsters members of HIS CONGREGATION, what is misplacement of priority there? is he not supposed to be concerned about the general well being of his congregation? In every organization or team there is division of labour, a goalkeeper has is duties, so those a striker. Pastor Adeboye's advise is a very good one before any man should marry have a source of regular income no matter how small. Learn to take care of your responsibility. And for the Ladies when your kids are growing who do you expect to cook for them? The guy? Remember everybody have his or her rules and by default no matter how good at cooking a guy is he will always look for easy meals its just how we are wired.
I believe in treating a lady with respect but stop this silly senseless emotion driven feminism.

No. Public condemnation comes first before what ever is done behind. Why is telling us who to marry publicly while he cant condemn an evil publicly. Whethe you want to believe it or not, not condemning it publicly is simply being sympathetic to the government, especially as his colleague is the second in command. That is just the simple truth. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: "Misplacement Of Priorities " - An Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:
No sense at all.
vengeance is for God n not man to decide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Female Politician Muniratu Adedoyin Caught Doing Human Ritual- Pictures / Did President Buhari Kill And Secretly Bury Nnamdi Kanu? / This Is What The Almighty Buhari Can Pull In Sokoto?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.