Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,786 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:29 AM

007moses's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 007moses's Profile / 007moses's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by 007moses: 9:42am On Jan 12, 2015
findingtruth:
He is the first son but his father is deceased.

Okay. I was going to ask if his father was still alive next but you already answered that. The tradition I'm aware of applies to first sons of deceased elders.
Romance / Re: 8 Wrong Things Girls Check Before Marrying A Guy by 007moses: 3:51am On Jan 12, 2015
Nmeri17:
**mhurdified**
OP I concur with yo numbers 2 and 5!!

a woman will say she wants a man that is strong/muscular and hardworking but will pick a banker over carpenter or mechanic angry please who works harder between a mechanic and banker?? who gat more muscular looks??

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Celebrities / Re: Comparism Between Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari by 007moses: 3:44am On Jan 12, 2015
Bridgetown:

If the first wife was that good why is he now presenting his fourth wife of 38years as the future First Lady, why not present his first wife if he claims to be so straightforward.
Obasanjo never presented his first wife neither did Musa yaadua because they were all ashamed of them and that's exactly the same thing Buhari is doing. Foolish people you guys should go and bury your heads in shame.

I prefer a man who will present his 157th wife which will be a more suitable represation of all that makes up a Nigerian woman. Than one who presents a wife who represents embarassed + has documents, teaching and civil service experience with nothing upstairs but a drum of incorrect vocabulary.
Celebrities / Re: Comparism Between Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari by 007moses: 3:38am On Jan 12, 2015
I'll pick Aisha Buhari any day of the week. I'm out of Patience on this issue cry
Politics / Re: Jonathan And Buhari Images In 1977: Compare And Contrast by 007moses: 3:33am On Jan 12, 2015
LWKMD
Culture / Re: Traditional Edo Wedding Or Introduction by 007moses: 3:29am On Jan 12, 2015
findingtruth:
Hello
I am new here but hoping to find someone who can help me. I am not sure if this is the right section but let me try any ways.
I am an American woman and married my Nigerian husband about a year and a half ago. Recently i found pictures online of him and another woman of what appears to be a traditional wedding. I have googled Edo weddings and got some information. I have confronted my husband with the issue.
He has explained that he didn't marry the girl despite they are dressed in Orange beads and kissing that he done an introduction ceremony only so that he could pass from a boy to a man to gain other rights.
Sorry if this is not very clear as i know no technical words to describe this situation and don't clearly understand what has been done.
But i am hoping someone can explain to me how to tell if it was only an introduction or if it was a traditional marriage and how do i find out from the USA if he is married.
Thanks for any help

I'm not sure where exactly your husband comes from in Edo State as cultures differ greatly between tribes and communities. I'm aware of a tradition that requires a man takes at least one bride from the maidens in the community(although I wouldn't say for manhood reasons) but from my experience this tradition has been rarely enforced and sometimes even modified to suit the ever changing times. @findingtruth Is your husband the first son of his father?
Also I can't say for sure if the pictures with beads represent a traditional marriage or an introduction ceremony as beads could be worn at both events
Jokes Etc / Re: How To Have Your Bath During Harmattan (image) by 007moses: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Religion / Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by 007moses: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Keep yourself and your mind busy at all times. Create a scriptural routine for yourself

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.