Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,921 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

00DE00's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 00DE00's Profile / 00DE00's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
GrandCommander:
Dear all, I have a question. Since the primary occupation it wat your express entry application will be based on, what is the essence of putting work experiences that are not in your primary occupation in your profile.

If you're not claiming points for it, then there's no need to put it pre ITA. If you do, you'll be asked to provide reference letters. You can and should include it under personal history post ITA. Work experience listed under personal history don't have any impact on your application.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 7:07am On Dec 06, 2016
jelmusboy:
Welldone to everyone in this forum, you guys are the best.
I want to send my transcript to WES for evaluation but LAUTECH has been on strike for over six months now. Is there anyway I can use my student copy i collected after graduation or is there any other method of evaluation?

I have MSc in the UK but not directly related to the occupation I want to nominate.

Already have my IELTS result LRWS 7.5,7.5,7.5,8

What can I do please?

Firstly, your occupation and degree don't have to match. Secondly, You only get points for the highest degree, so your Msc in this case is all you need. In other words, your Bsc won't contribute any point, if your Masters corresponds to the Canadian equivalent. Go ahead without your Msc evaluation and don't bother with LAUTECH. Thirdly, I sincerely recommend you take IELTS again and aim for a score of 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW to get the maximum point or at least 8777. Your 7.5 in listening is going to cost you valuable points unless you plan on going through the PNP route. You can recalculate your score using the CRS tool to see how many points you lose/gain with the different scores above. Finally, just to be extra certain and probably what I should've asked first, What's your Msc in and what NOC is your occupation under?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.