Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

00DE00's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 00DE00's Profile / 00DE00's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
vcole:

On the issue of POF and bank letters and bank accounts. Please note that the IRCC states that a bank letter for ALL bank accounts of the principal applicant detailing the average balance over a period of 6 months and stating that there are no loans, etc etc is required. in Nigeria, since most banks do not issue letters in the IRCC format, a reference letter from your bank (s) in whatever format they routinely issues alongside a 6 months' bank statement has proven sufficient thus far. So, for all who have questions as regards what to submit if POF is in t bills, FD, etc etc etc. Please note the ALL above and be guided.....submit your other accounts ....ref letters and bank statements alongside other evidence of POF in FD or Tbills.

Good evening everyone.

Great post vcole. Just to add that you don't necessarily need to show all your bank accounts. If one bank accounts shows the necessary fund, then that's fine. If you have a different salary account and want to use it as supporting document for employment section, you can upload that too.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
TDELTD:

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

1. I got retained in my first job and worked with them for one year after completion of NYSC. In your opinion do you think it is necessary for the company to make any reference to NYSC as i was in the same role for the 2 years i worked with them. The letter just simply states that i worked with them for a period of 2 years. I will proceed and indicate it in the personal details section the 1 year NYSC period and put it under employment.

2. Can you please send me your contact details, there is something i would like to discuss with you about NOC.

3. I will attach all passport pages. Thanks. Please get back to me ASAP.

1. They shouldn't. Stating you worked for them for a period of 2 years is fine. If your letter states two years working with company X and under personal history, it states that of the two years, you worked with NYSC for a year....you'll end up complicating your application. It's simple really.....you worked for company X for two years. I'm also assuming the company paid you throughout the period, so attach your payslip and bank statement as well. Kindly seek a second opinion though.

2. Please if you have any questions, just ask here so others can contribute. I rarely open this thread and I'm certain there are several knowledgeable people willing to help.

Apologies for the late reply.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
TDELTD:

The more i read through this thread, the more i get scared and worried that i have not done something right. Here is my predicament.

In my personal history tab, all i have is my Uni and previous jobs (it mentions activities within the last 10 years). I initially did not make any mention or reference to NYSC in my eAPR but i am having second thoughts. Here are my questions

1. Is it ok to refer to my NYSC as just the 3 weeks spent in the orientation camp and claim the rest of the NYSC year as work experience? - Reason i ask this is that my first job is where i did my NYSC and its in that work experience i am claiming my NOC because it is actually what i studied in UNI. The reference letter from the organisation does not refer or mention anything about NYSC.

Should i get them to write another reference letter which will divide the 1st of the 2 years at the organization as NYSC and the other as a staff position?

2. I recently just got approved by 2 professional regulating bodies. Is it necessary to include these under personal history? If yes, under what category in the personal history section?

3. I have scanned through 4 passport cycles, do i need to include all visas from each and every one of my passports or will the last 10 years suffice?

PS: If you are reading this and you have successfully gone through the eAPR phase please, please send me a message,i really really need your help and a little bit of your time.

1. If you do that, your NYSC automatically becomes 11 months unless you were retained after. NYSC is a year, I sincerely you advise that you stick to that. Also, although it tallies with the course you studied in school...I hope you are aware that course and experience don't have to match. You can use any experience as long as it's under Noc 0, A and B.

2.It's not necessary unless it was during a period of unemployment and you want to use it as a gap filler. Even with that, I think under personal history, if you selected education(which this isn't under), you would be asked for degree awarding institute and type of degree(please crosscheck.). Put another way, not important and won't affect your application in any way.

3.Although only your current bio-data page is needed, I think you should still include all. I believe you can scan at 100dpi if they're too much. Either way, you can't go wrong. Way I see it, it helps strengthens your travel history. Don't forget to look at duration spent in those countries and get PCC for them if it runs up to 6 months and more
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
deltadeltadelta:
This is my opinion and it is obvious you did not realise it was a light-hearted way of expressing my opinion! Dnt be too sure that I do not have enough CRS score. I am on my second Msc and I decided to come to Canada as a sight-seeing experience!

The first thing she wrote was "Immigrating to Canada or anywhere is a personal and tough decision. You need the right mindset to do very well when you relocate to a different country. With this your mindset, it is better you stay wherever you are. Please, try not to discourage others that are giving it their best.". You see, the argument isn't about your opinion. You basically just said "don't go to Canada, nothing good will come out of it". Now while she's too polite to call your "opinion" silly in every sense of the word, I on the hand don't share the same constraint.....especially as it can be observed that you've set out to discourage people from an endeavour that you're now actively pursuing. You're "on" your second MSc and two people had to dispel your notion that ITA was handed out in the form of a "lotto". You know what I find funny....no its not your first post, it's the fact that you argued about the ITA with a broken link that would've probably run contrary to your argument. Two Masters and you'd think one would grasp something so simple on the first read. I hope you like palm oil because I believe you need to improve your eyesight, you missed the ITA bit, chances are you might be in Siberia and think you're in Canada. Someone with an even lower tolerance for your shenanigans, might suggest Specsavers but I'd like you to save your funds, seeing as Canada is very expensive. As for death from cold, well.....only path to death people should worry about is from stupidity. Every other event is most likely out of one's hand. It's the avoidable that just kills you!.....pun intended.

P.S I don't know what temitope06 and richieadeolu are on about, you were right, it's like a lotto.....just like baba ijebu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2017
hallly:

Guess I must be wrong then...only said so because I have a friend who had the same issue and received her ppr last week....maybe she was just lucky.

Sorry if my response was misleading.

No need to apologise. Your friend was lucky. IRCC keeps drawing 3k+ every two weeks and I doubt if they'll be that lenient anymore.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:
Good Morning guys, Congrats to those that got ITA and PPR. Please can the gurus help me out here. My international passport has expired and I am in the pool. I have gone for another one, done everything but each time I call, they keep saying they Dnt have booklets on ground and they Dnt know when they will get. Please can I still use my old one and maybe attach an LOE with copy of the processed fee for this new one (I'm quite hopeful that the next ITS won't pass me by).

Secondly, does express entry require having a proof of license for your profession. The way it is a requirement for provincial nomination. Thanks.

1.I think you need a valid passport. I'm not 100% sure though. cc dupyshoo
2. No. I didn't know proof of license was a requirement for PNP. You sure about that?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2017
@vcole and @omotoprecious congratulations guys.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2017
hallly:
This would most likely be because the CEC candidate did not have up to the required number of months in their letter of refrence.

However, in this case, the years of experience is actually 3, because CIC is concerned with months not dates. As long as the eference letter clearly states the exact months entered while creating the profile all should be well.

No Sir/Ma. CIC is "concerned" with dates. In cic books, January 5th to December 31st 2017 is not the same as January 1st to Decemeber 31st. If the application is not up to 3 years, it'll most like lead to rejection. dupyshoo and slowlybtsurely are correct. onlineise please take heed.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks jawe, trip was good.

Yes oh ITA tomorrow by Gods grace...infact as I landed, I have hit the ground running as regards preparing remaining documents. Abeg I get some few questions oh grin.

1. I have confirmed that KSA banks don't issue any bank letters in CIC's format oh. can I employ the method of getting a 6-months statement of account and see how I can get their normal letter of reference? In that case, what's the right CIC address to write?

2. Based on 1 above will I have to also explain the bank situation in the LOE?

3. My ubth reference letter carries job title of "Medical house officer" but in EE, I had since written "Medical Doctor". Hope that wont be a problem? although the job descriptions are on point.

1. 6 months statement plus normal bank letter is fine. You can also add letter of non-indebtedness if you are not indebted and if they'll give you. If not, first two does suffice. On address, you can use Centralized Intake Office. Immigration, Refugee & Citizenship Canada. Sydeny, Nova Scotia or any IRCC address. It doesn't matter to be honest. On a jovial note, you might not want to address it to Accra office though. You don't want them going like "oh yeah, he has picked a VO, who are we not to honour his wish?!".

2. Not compulsory but please do. Just mention that it's against their policy and that's why you have attached a bank statement. Also, if the funds isn't in CAD, attach an oanda or xe screenshot of the exchange rate on the day you got the bank letter. Additionally, your LOE should include the current and six months balance in CAD(do the calculation using the exchange rate on the screenshot/day ).

3. Please change this immediately. Your application is not yet "locked-in", so you can still make changes. Once you get ITA, you probably would've to write an LOE to explain the discrepancy. Also, it goes without saying but I hope your reference letter is not a direct copy and paste.
Fingers crossed for a good draw soon/today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 2:56am On Feb 07, 2017
maternal:

This made me laugh. Thanks

Chief, I'm so happy I made you laugh. I mean....I'm no Ali Baba but the talent's obviously there cheesy. I am really interested in your opinion and noticed you didn't answer the questions asked. If it's something you feel you can make contributions on, please do...as we are in need of insights. merci
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 2:48am On Feb 07, 2017
vcole:
@fusion23 congrats!!! I can't even believe your copr is literally here. I remember we got ITA same draw and you submitted a few days after I did. Congrats once again.

@00DE00, grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Rotflmao! In addition, your intended pun was totally lost on the other surprised individual.

LOL vcole. You're trying to get me in trouble. I swear, that wasn't my intention. I have retired from the pun and shade' business. More like delivered actually. In other news, I thought I was the only "character" on here.....well until I ran into the nuke you set off. One minute you're reading regular comments, the next second you're reaching for sun screen, protective gear and dark shades. Who knew a post could be radioactive?!.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 2:35am On Feb 07, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
vcole, boldic and others that have submitted. . . Did your bank stamp every page of your account statement?

GTB stamped only the first and last pages, is that ok?

Yeah that's okay. GTB only stamps the first and last page of bank statements. I think that's their standard procedure but you can ask them if they'll stamp all pages. I suspect they'll tell you that visa offices know how they operate. Point is....if they do decide to stamp the pages, great....if not, there's no need to fret. Best of luck with your application
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Fusion23:

thanks bro am closing down my nairaland account now sef...

Please hold off on that. Thread needs you. You can just delete all your personal info. Moreover, this is just stage one, settlement is another ball game and you already have insights through your bro that'll be beneficial to a host of people. Your experience from here onwards is equally invaluable. Congrats and best wishes.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
X
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 11:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
trishachi:
Hello all,

What amount is safe in Naira to have as POF for a family of two? Considering the relatively unstable exchange rate. CaD $15143 translates to about 3.5m on oanda and about 3.4m on xe, presently. But I was just wondering, how much exactly can u have to consider urself safe? Pls, the gurus in the house. I need answers/suggestions. Tnx.

I assume you're using 230. You should consider using 240 or 245. On xe, it's almost 3.5m too
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Blackbuddy:

See my response above.
Okay! so this is going to be long and colourful....literally but necessary. I'm also going to highlight pertinent parts cc fusion23

Fusion23: Hello Guys my application changed to approved.....but have not gotten a pick up mail.Please how long those it takes

Blackbuddy:could range from 3 weeks to 6 months. We have someone who got his family's passports back in December after sending it to Accra in July last year. Just brace yourself

Fusion23: looool passport request is different from application closed and approved.

Blackbuddy: Your question was about passport request and I answered you with an example for it, not application duration. The gentleman applied through EE was requested to send his passports in July, no further documents were requested. He did not get it till December 2016 with the visas and COPRs. I got my passport request in March 2015 and got the passports and COPR back in April, 3 weeks later. I landed here June 2015 through FSW. I perfectly understand your question, it's left for you to understand the answer

Petty00de00: Let's take a short break so I can provide some commentary, Fusion23 asked about Pick UP Mail but you maintained the question was about passport request and even requested they understand an answer that had nothing to do with the question asked. Sure Sir! Sure.Let's resume....

Fusion23: hmmm am a bit confused..the question you commented on was not on passport request ..i ask that question earlier and people commented that it varies..am asking how long does it take to get pick up mail from when the application is closed ..and approved...
so the misunderstanding from me
..is where you commented on..and so since u have gotten urs , how long did yours take

Blackbuddy: It varies, there is no time table for it but depends on the officer handling your file. This one can be 2 weeks to 5weeks based on my experience with applicants

Petty00de00: Final break time!, You got Fusion23 confused and even got him/her admitting to an error they didn't make but where's the fun in that, why not crank up the pressure by providing false information. I don't know what forum you're coming from but I know CV forum as well as I know this and 2-5 weeks duration has never cropped up as time frame for PUM, post approval. With the exception of xls and another individual who were told that their PUM was sent after application approval but didn't get it, no one has ever suffered from delay longer than a week.
Its common knowledge there that if you wait for 3 days, max 5 without getting a PUM, you mail accra. Somehow, you failed to mention this!.

I'm sure the individual you were referring to that "packaged" his application himself wasn't Aroms, I'm sure!. On your story being told by you, well man, I rate it 100% for suspense and since we are sharing sage advice, how about I offer you one in return?!. Don't bypass logic just because you don't want to be wrong. "Correction" is after all a word in the dictionary. Shalom
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
esosa4real:

For the purpose of ITA/eAPR ASAP, I am thinking of looking at IQAS for MLS, do they evaluate it at all? BTW what's the average time for Iqas that you have noticed for evaluation of degrees? I am afraid of WES delaying beyond 3months.

1. IQAS evaluates all degrees 2. 10 business days according to their site. 3. Don't think WES will use three months if all the required documents are sent and in the event of confirmation, the school responds promptly. Please note that CSMLS only accepts evaluation from ICES or WES. see page 17 of the "MLT PLA handbook" http://www.csmls.org/Certification/Prior-Learning-Assessment/Preparing-for-PLA.aspx . However, like vcole mentioned, licensing requirement and evaluation for EE are two different things.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone.

@fusion23 gosh! congrats dude!! how did you transmit your passport to the vo? vfs or via dhl? If you sent via dhl with a prepaid return envelope then i think you won't get a pick up mail (i am not entirely sure about this). It's if you sent via vfs that you get a pum (i stand to be corrected).

@esosa4real, Evaluating the equivalent of her degree is different from the requirements for licensing as a mls. So, iqas or wes should evaluate her degree as a bachelors equivalent. If her school is one that has issues with evaluation (as per long processing times, issues with the office in charge not "receiving" verification requests from wes, etc), you may consider iqas as the rate limiting process at the school is sending the transcript and attached signed form. If it will be easier and faster to get her transcript, then iqas is your best bet. Cheaper and shorter processing time.
Dupyshoo's suggestion is also quite apt.
@maternal, you are a Canadian citizen. Lots of people wanna migrate to Canada same as they wanna migrate to Australia and other countries with well structured migration programmes. Its nothing new and has always been that way. So, I wonder why you are expressing surprise. Were you born Canadian, are your parents Canadian or did you migrate to Canada?

DHL doesn't do prepaid return envelopes. VFS gives you the option of a return but service delay means dhl is the preferred option.
Evaluating with IQAS is a good idea (the only option really), if you're a lawyer as your BSc degree will be evaluated as equivalent to a first professional degree. For others who might plan on settling in places other than Alberta, IQAS isn't really the best option. Matter of fact, in a place like Ontario, ICES or WES are the two bodies utilised for MLS licensing. For others, I believe WES might be better to avoid going through the whole transcript debacle on arrival. However, if funds and convenience is not issue and speed is paramount, then by all means IQAS it!.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
maternal:
All these people want to come to Canada? Really

Simply excited that you honoured us with your presence. I have read through a couple of your post and saw where you talked about good paying jobs in the oil sands. As most people here know, it takes a while to get going and for some, it's difficult to continue down the same career path. Thus the benefit of a good paying job while gaining valuable experience. If it's not too much to ask, could you kindly share with your "people" areas where good paying jobs are guaranteed/available with little or no barriers to entry and what certifications might be needed.
We have a lot of people that are skilled in the application process but very few discussions has been on settlement. I honestly believe that your invaluable insight will go a long way in aiding several people with plans/hope of migrating. Thank you

P.S.....If you feel buttered up, I can assure you that it was intentional!.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 7:01am On Jan 21, 2017
specrealq:
Hello dupyshoo and other guru,
Can i make changes to my express entry profile before i accept the ITA or after.
I need to change my year of employment to match what was written on the reference letter my employers gave me and that does not affect my crs score.
Secondly we just sold our cars to make make up for our POF so do we need to write any letter as the money is coming after ITA and if yes do we notorize the letter.

Thank you.
I believe you can only make changes after accepting the ITA at this point. I think you should attach an LOE and if possible your original offer letter, then make reference to it in your LOE and mention that it doesn't affect your CRS score like you stated above.
If the funds from the car sales makes up a huge part of your POF, you're going to need an LOE and other documents such as sales receipt and ownership transfer papers etc.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 6:48am On Jan 21, 2017
esosa4real:

Wow, Boss thanks for your responses, especially the tip on TRF number(I hope this is genuine? it ill be my last resort on Tuesday grin).
BTW I have some concerns and seek your expertise advice!

1. Assuming I get ITA on Wednesday, and process as single but later marry in august, at what part of the process will the application likely be at this time? Will the inclusion of my wife here lengthen the process so much?

Asking this because we are ready to do a court wedding at anytime this year but wanna do it at the safest time as she is yet to do Wes and ielts .
So if we for example take the risk to get legally married next week post-ITA, I don't know if the 3months post-ITA period will be enough to complete her WES and Ielts.

I really hope you get me sha...lol
Yes, the tip is genuine. Dupyshoo mentioned it around 2015 and it's been confirmed. Just put in "dupyshoo" and "trf number" as search parameters on the search bar.
1. I don't know what stage the application will be in then, nor can I speculate as to how her addition will shorten or lengthen your process. I don't think anyone can guess either. If you get an ITA in the next draw and submit within the 90 days window, your AOR will be April at the latest. We've just seen someone get PPR in just under 2 months and IRCC claims they process 80% of applications within 6 months. That leaves me with one question.......how lucky are you?.
I honestly can't tell if three months will be enough. I'm going to cc dupyshoo here as I might be out of my depth and believe she can help you with permutations and possibly ideas as to when best to add your lady.
In unrelated news, the way I drop dupyshoo's name on almost all my posts reminds me of #SaltBae sprinkling salt on beef.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 3:59am On Jan 21, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks boss! As regards IELTS, I will wait till Tuesday and see, I just don't want to miss Wednesday's draw mehn! (e go pain me). Can I in the meantime contac British council to email me my TRF number? is it possible?

I think we will do a court wedding after submitting the application and by that time her evaluation and ielts would be ready.

Also I tried playing with the ielts scores for her, it seems CLB 7 is not really required for co-applicant right?

As regards the evaluation of MEDLAB degree, I really want to be sure! Is there a CIC email that I can make enquires about this?

Thanks.
I don't think British Council will respond to you but there's no harm in trying. Like I said, it's easy to derive. It's eighteen characters made up of the year you took the exam+country code+candidate number+First three letters of surname+first letter of name+centre number + module(academic or general). So, if your Surname was Obasi and first name Esosa, with candidate number 007788 and your centre was Lagos(150). Your TRF will be 17NG007788OBAE150G.
You are correct. No minimum score for spouse. IELTS is not compulsory for spouse if you've enough points.
For her credential evaluation, it's WES or ICES.look at step 3 here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_HOW_WORK_MEDLAB_CM.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp look at this link for designated organizations

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 1:58am On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=esosa4real post=52982772]GOODNEWS!!!

Questions:
1. Can I make my EE profile without my Ielts TRF number? I am waiting on DHL and don't know if they will send it to Benin before Wednesday (draw date).
2. I am entering the pool as single but hope to marry soon, please when is the best time to do so and update CIC, which timing/method will ensure a fast process without too much delay
3. Abeg any MEDLAB graduate here? I want to be sure if I an use WES for my fiancée's degree evaluation because the Canadian professional body for them will not even accept their result alongside those from Australia and uk because they didn't do a certain rotation (histotechnology)

1.Please wait for your TRF before creating your profile. If you don't get it by Tuesday, it's easy to derive, if you know your centre number.
2. I "don't think" there's a perfect time to be honest. Although if you get your ITA as a single applicant, adding her before submitting the application might complicate your application. If you include her before submitting, You have to show POF for two, get her credentials assessed, do medical and IELTS, to ensure your total score is not affected, I think. Your best bet might be to add her at the beginning or do so after submitting the application( the latter only works if you get married after submitting the application. Otherwise, it'll be viewed as misrepresentation). Please seek a second opinion on this!!!.
3. Not sure about this but I think it's WES, just like engineering, accountancy or law and unlike medicine or pharmacy, the professional body's evaluation doesn't have any impact on the application.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 1:30am On Jan 21, 2017
Pinkygrace:
Houese I need advice/help with my English test specifically WRITING , I have written 3 test already my pocket is empty, want to give it one more try, don't know which one to write even see my scores below
CELPIP: 11,10,9,7(RLSW)
CELPIP: 12,11,9,8(RLSW)
ILETS: 8.5,8,7.5,6(RLSW) Just checked this today

cc: dupyshoo, irondome, vcole,Gymme

Firstly, I'm of the opinion that you should seek a remark. Secondly, I've gone through a couple of your posts and they all read great. I think the issue might be with your structure, word count and/or ideas. I'd always recommend the free IELTS edx course offered by the university of queensland. Please look through the writing section there(especially with regards to the second essay). Also, IELTSBUDDY writing section is a good reference. Someone on this thread scored 8 in writing recently, please go through dupyshoo's post, she asked the person for tips.Get enough practice in, say 10 essays in total(timed like in exam conditions) and get someone to review them. Finally, try to stay calm during your next test and don't worry about those niggling thoughts like past performance or money invested. You'll do great!
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
Fusion23:

thannks boss but wooow 2 weeks ke ? plus another 3 weeks ? thats not my portion loool

i saw someone get hers late last year in just 3 weeks total..it wasnt express entry thou it was husband sponsorship so it was paper application not online..but was still accra visa office.

@blackbuddy, you are mistaken. There's a difference between a "Pick Up Mail"(PUM) and "Passport Request"(PPR). @fusion23's application has been approved and closed!. He/she doesn't have to wait for 3 weeks before getting a PUM. You should expect it within 24-48 hours. If you don't get it, send a mail to Accra. In normal situations, your application should be treated(closed) within a month after PPR, which is exactly what happened in @fusion23's case. You're also mistaken about the individual that had to wait for 6 months after PPR. I recall that he was meant to upload a form in his account which he didn't, hence the delay. After ordering GCMS notes, the error was spotted and his consultant made the necessary corrections. His "PUM" soon arrived after that.
Edit: In my haste to dispel your worries, I forgot to congratulate you. Congratulations!. Your application pace is remarkable. If you don't get the PUM within 48 hours, you can allow up to 72* hours before mailing them.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Beem4cupid:
No.

Found this interesting and for clarity, why can't spouses do their evaluation at the same time and for the same price?.

Mod: Never mind, clearly understood now.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
omesanni:
Hi,

she said when she applied, for every job she had done in the past which she didn't specify as work experience(e.g work at grocery store like co-op) but stated in the personal history, she got some sort of letter from the company to show as a proof to CIC that she worked there. This confuses me.

Lastly, I am worried about the over 1yr unemployment period in my personal history. Do u think this could cause problems? Do u think I need to write a letter to cic explaining further why it took me so long to gain employment?

Asked and answered severally. I believe dupyshoo also responded to your initial post on this. Again, You don't need and are not expected to provide documentations for jobs you're not claiming points for. As for the period of unemployment, it's not an issue and a letter of explanation is not necessary.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
GrandCommander:

Thanks...However is it not the primary occupation alone that one can claim points for in Express Entry.

No, you can claim points using experience from different occupations as long as they fall under NOC, 0/ A or B and if they were garnered within the last ten years.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Tunjinodaysoff:
please who knows what score a nurse doing FSW Program is required to score in her IELTS.

Also the minimum points one needs to get overall in FSW...is it 67

Please link to IELTS questions and answers will be appreciated

Your questions got me scratching my head. On the surface, they appear easy to answer but it's much more complicated as I suspect you don't really have an understanding of the process. Firstly, to be eligible for FSW category under "Express Entry", you should score at least 6 in each section (Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing), which equates to what is known as clb7. However, you should be targeting a clb 10 which is 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW respectively or at the very least 8,7,7,7. This brings me to your second question, scoring 67 on the FSW grid goes towards eligibility just like the minimum score of 6's in IELTS. On another side, if you do meet the eligibility requirements, you'll be in a pool and this where those great IELTS scores (clb 10& 9) counts towards getting an Invitation To Apply(ITA). Please note that while good IELTS scores are crucial, other components like educational attainment level and it's equivalency to the Canadian standard, years of work experience and age all play equally vital roles in 'landing' an ITA. My honest suggestion is that you read from the first page of this thread. The insights you gain just by reading the first page can't be quantified. Imagine reading the whole thread?!.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
omesanni:
Hi,

I am have been practicing for my ielts exam which is in march next year and I am very confident about the reading, speaking and writing section but I am not so confident about the listening because I am targeting at least a score of 8.

For most of the practice tests I have taken on listening, I have scored 7.5 and a few other times I scored at least 8. For most of sites i have used to practice, I noticed that the questions are normally in sync with the way the orators are speaking meaning you can find the answers in sequential order as the orator is speaking. But while practicing today on a certain website, I was expecting to get some answers in corresponding order to the questions and couldn't and so I got thrown off and didn't do well.

I want to find out from those who have already taken the test if questions in the listening section are always in the corresponding order as the orator(s) speak.

Also, I would like any helpful tips on how I can ace the listening section as I am looking for a score of at least 8.

edX IELTS test preparation course is a brilliant resource that you should explore and it's free too. After you're done with all the tutorials, I suggest you get Cambridge Practice Tests and work your way down from book 10 to at least 6. Just google "our canada dream diary blog", navigate to the right side panel, click on IELTS MATERIALS, scroll down and download for free. Dupyshoo and Garykasparov(I think) also have great suggestions on how to ace the test. You should go through their post to read their tips. Although considering garykasparov said it took him 8 months, I believe to attain his goal, you might want to lean more on dupyshoo's tips. Just kidding!, both of them did a pretty job highlighting very key points. Goodluck!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
DrOBD:
Gurus in the house. I'm new here. Can one use Academic IELTS for EE.

No. General IELTS only.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.