Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,838 members, 7,862,750 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

080cee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 080cee's Profile / 080cee's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Technology Market / Re: Security At Your Fingertips. by 080cee(m): 1:34pm On Jun 15
In everything, the most amazing part is Truecaller ability to block suspicious links averting pending hack to your device
MichaelsKachy07:
Ever get bombarded by mysterious phone numbers or suspicious text messages? Truecaller aims to be your shield against this digital annoyance. Let's dive into how Truecaller helps you identify and block scam and spam calls and messages.

Community Powered: Truecaller leverages a vast user base to flag spammers. When users report a number as spam, it gets added to a central database, helping to warn others.

Real-time Identification: Truecaller identifies potential spam calls in real-time, often displaying a red warning label on your screen. This lets you decide whether to answer or let it go.

Taking Control:

Blocking Power: Truecaller offers various blocking options. Block specific numbers or enable auto-blocking for categories like top spammers or unknown numbers. With Truecaller Premium, you can enjoy even more granular blocking options
SMS Shield: Don't let scam texts phish your information. Truecaller identifies and flags suspicious SMS messages, often disabling embedded links to prevent harm.

Also Remember:

Free vs. Premium: While the basic features are free, Truecaller Premium offers enhanced blocking options and offline protection.

Not Foolproof: No system is perfect. New scams emerge, so staying vigilant is essential. If a call or message seems suspicious, even if Truecaller doesn't flag it, don't hesitate to ignore it.

Truecaller equips you to take control of your phone communication. By identifying and blocking unwanted calls and texts, it helps you reclaim your peace of mind and avoid falling victim to scams.
Business / Mastering Text Message Management by 080cee(m): 1:21pm On Jun 12
In today's digital age, text messages have become an essential part of our daily communication. With various types of messages flooding our inboxes, managing them efficiently can be overwhelming. We explore different types of text messages and how to manage them effectively.

Types of Text Messages:

1. Personal Messages: Messages from friends and family.
2. Transactional Messages: Bank alerts, payment confirmations, and receipts.
3. Promotional Messages: Marketing messages from businesses.
4. Spam Messages: Unwanted messages from unknown senders.

Managing Text Messages:

Managing text messages can be overwhelming and exhausting but with the help of an app called Truecaller, you're saved from all the problems. Truecaller manages your message inbox by:

1. Identifying Unknown Senders: Truecaller's caller ID feature helps identify unknown senders, reducing spam.
2. Categorize Messages: Truecaller automatically categorizes messages into Personal, Transactional, and Promotional folders.
3. Block Spam Messages: Truecaller's advanced spam detection and blocking feature keeps unwanted messages at bay.
4. Search and Filter: Truecaller's search function helps find specific messages quickly, and filters messages by category or sender.

Tips for Effective Text Message Management:

1. Regularly clean out your inbox by deleting unnecessary messages.
2. Set reminders for important messages.
3. Use Truecaller's advanced features to customize your messaging experience.

Truecaller is an excellent tool for managing text messages efficiently. By understanding different message types and leveraging Truecaller's features, you can streamline your messaging experience, reduce clutter, and stay connected with ease.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Navigating The Job Market: A Young Graduate's Guide To Avoiding Fake Job Adverts by 080cee(m): 11:55am On Jun 06
A real replica of what happens in the society, awareness is very vital
Career / Navigating Through The Burden Of Numerous SMS by 080cee(m): 11:58am On May 21
After a long day at work, Oyin trudged back to her apartment feeling exhausted. She dropped her bag on the floor and flopped down on the couch, letting out a deep sigh. Lagos work wan kill her.

Oyin: (rubbing her temples) Ugh, I can't believe how draining today was. (checks her phone screen) and now I have all these messages to respond to as well.

Her roommate and good friend, Sarah, entered the living room and noticed Oyin's tired expression.

Sarah: Hey, are you okay? You look like you've had a rough day.

Oyin: (nodding) Yeah, work was just... ugh. And now I have all these messages on my phone that I need to reply to. I don't even know where to start.

Sarah: (smirking) And I have so many gist for you.

Oyin: See, I'm too tired to hear anything now. How I'm gonna respond to all these messages on my phone is the issue now. We can gist later babes.

Sarah: Well, have you heard of this app called Truecaller?

Oyin: Truecaller? No, what is it?

Sarah: It's an app that has the capability to filter messages into different categories, making it easier for you to manage your inbox and make you focus on the important messages. It has been a game-changer for me.

Oyin's eyes widened with interest as Sarah explained how Truecaller could help simplify her overwhelming message situation.

Oyin: That sounds amazing! Can you show me how it works?

Sarah promptly fetched her phone and gave Oyin a quick tutorial on setting up Truecaller.

Later that evening, Oyin sat down with her phone, now armed with the knowledge of how to use Truecaller. She was amazed at how efficiently it organized her messages into categories like 'Finance', ',Coupons', ‘Promotions’, ‘Spam/Junks’ and ‘Personal’.

Oyin: (excitedly) Sarah, this app is a lifesaver! I can't believe how much time and energy it's going to save me. Thank you so much for recommending it. I owe you one big chicken from Chicken Republic and a cold Coca-cola drink.

Sarah smiled, happy to have helped her friend find a solution to her message overload.

Sarah: No problem, Oyin. I'm glad it's going to make your life easier. Now you can relax and unwind without the stress of a cluttered inbox and we can always gist without worrying of anything.

And so, Oyin was able to kick back, relax, and finally enjoy her evening without the constant worry of unanswered messages weighing her down. All thanks to the magic of Truecaller.
Crime / Re: How Someone Nearly Scammed A Friend. by 080cee(m): 4:46pm On May 15
He for talk story tire or at most he will lose half of the money even if police sef gets involved. Nothing ever comes out complete from criminals , another day to trust Truecaller
Crime / Re: My Mum's Friend Almost Got Scammed Of N120,000 by 080cee(m): 2:15pm On May 10
Regardless of what anyone says, people who have Truecaller installed in their phones have a better advantage knowing who is calling them in most cases
Crime / Re: Edo Police Foil Cult Initiation In Ekpoma, Arrest 35 Suspects by 080cee(m): 2:27pm On May 03
They look so hungry and haggard…. Destitute with little or no future. Omo! How can young men bleach in d name of Fine boy?
Crime / Re: Truecaller Really Saved My Dad O by 080cee(m): 2:16pm On May 03
Rexymania:
No lie, your papa na Igbo man? grin
no be lie,correct one at that

1 Like

Crime / Re: Truecaller Really Saved My Dad O by 080cee(m): 2:14pm On May 03
tayo200:
If not for Truecaller wey don identify am as scam, ur dad for don enter am...
better wahala o, na that kind thing dey bring BP
Crime / Re: How I Was Almost Hypnotized By Scam Artists. by 080cee(m): 5:51pm On May 02
Lot of people think this kind of experience is funny thus they undermine the importance of having a Truecaller in their phones. There’s crime in society, Truecaller helps you stay steps ahead of the criminals
Crime / Truecaller Really Saved My Dad O by 080cee(m): 3:12pm On May 02
Sometime in 2020 just immediately after Covid lockdown, my father got a call from a certain “Williams Williams” as identified by Truecaller… he claimed to be from his bank without mentioning a particular banks name. During the cause of their conversation about BVN linkage my father asked “what is your name”? the criminal said Mattew from your bank. Again my father asked “Why then is Truecaller showing your name as Williams Williams then he replied “ I didn’t register the line with my real name” immediately my father said Call me with the bank Line and we can finish the conversation…. Until today we are still waiting for his call.. Living in a society filled with scammers, it’s essential everyone both young and old make use of Truecaller for true identity of their callers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: My Experience With A Scammer And What Helped Me Out by 080cee(m): 7:26am On Apr 30
tayo200:

Chelsea don collect stray bullet again... Wahala for who dey support Chelsea o

Just like you use Truecaller if Chelsea used it they would have seen the real identity of their manager😂…. They would have been saved also 🏃‍♂️
Crime / Re: How I Got Saved From Scammers Who Pretended To Call From My Bank. by 080cee(m): 7:24am On Apr 30
Fisiryorh:
So, you telling us that if not Truecaller you would have been scammed?...🙄

SMH...🤦🏾‍♂️

You have not been in such a horrible situation, if you do then you will understand what Truecaller really does for people
Crime / Re: How I Got Saved From Scammers Who Pretended To Call From My Bank. by 080cee(m): 7:22am On Apr 30
If my grandmother can have Truecaller in her phone then everyone should have it also…. At the end it’s a win win for those who have and a risk risk for those who doesn’t
Crime / Re: My Experience With A Scammer And What Helped Me Out by 080cee(m): 11:02pm On Apr 28
You deserve a congratulation, imagine say u no get true caller you for dey heart broken like Chelsea fans. At the end, everyone needs to have TrueCaller installed on their phones.

1 Like

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.