Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Ubuntu - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu (1523 Views)

Poll: ubuntu vs windows which is better

windiws: 20% (1 vote)
ubuntu: 80% (4 votes)
none: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2007
yes the linux rovers and company, i just installed ubuntu on my lappy and i am lost. what next. how do i load xp from ubuntu and co. take me around it please.
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2007
does it mean there are no ubuntu ppl here again?
Re: Ubuntu by folahann(m): 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2007
Don't you want to live an easy life, why do you want to make thing complex for yourself.
Stick with the windows and live free
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2007
thats why black men dont make progress in life
Re: Ubuntu by bigrovar(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2007
am so sorry that i did not respond to ur post earlier, i have been out of internet for a while now, how ever give me ur number and i will get in touch with u, there are some packages that i have for u , dont worry everything is free
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2007
thanks
my no is 08024981478
Re: Ubuntu by lynxnoon(m): 12:03am On Dec 22, 2007
Hi Bigbrovar
this is my no. 08034375380
i bin trying 2 get 2 u but any time i call someone picks d call n tell me 2 call back later
bin trying 2 get hold of Ubuntuu Ultimate cd n other apps if possible
Thanks 4 ur response
Re: Ubuntu by Neptune(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2007
no problem man i have ur number too, sorry about my number not doing thru, i have been offline for some times now but i will surely get back to u b4 long, beside i have a new ubuntu ultimate its called the xmas edition and it has even more juice than the first one, and i should be getting 7 dvds containing all the applications there is on ubuntu every damn package made by man for ubuntu is in the 7 dvd, i ordered for it and i should be getting it b4 the year runs out, so guys and girls there bhave never been a better time to give ubuntu a go on ur system , take care
bigbrovar
Re: Ubuntu by bigrovar(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2007
Neptune:

no problem man i have your number too, sorry about my number not doing through, i have been offline for some times now but i will surely get back to u before long, beside i have a new ubuntu ultimate its called the xmas edition and it has even more juice than the first one, and i should be getting 7 dvds containing all the applications there is on ubuntu every damn package made by man for ubuntu is in the 7 dvd, i ordered for it and i should be getting it before the year runs out, so guys and girls there bhave never been a better time to give ubuntu a go on your system , take care
bigbrovar

the above above post was made by me thru a friends account and with is consent of cause , # i was having problems signing in .
Re: Ubuntu by newgold22: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2008
Hello Bigrovar, i reside in Abuja. I've being hearing about Ubuntu for human being. I got a number from Ubuntu Nigeria site for its representative in Abuja (Ralvy), but his fone number is not reachable.
Plz, how can i get a copy of Ubuntu (Live CD & OS) for me to install in order to see how it work.
I will appreciate efforts by you.

Thanx.
e-mail- newgold22@yahoo.com, 08051991818
Re: Ubuntu by Ralvy(m): 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
Hello newgold22 . .

newgold22:

Hello Bigrovar, i reside in Abuja. I've being hearing about Ubuntu for human being. I got a number from Ubuntu Nigeria site for its representative in Abuja (Ralvy), but his phone number is not reachable.
Please, how can i get a copy of Ubuntu (Live CD & OS) for me to install in order to see how it work.
I will appreciate efforts by you.

Thanx.
e-mail- newgold22@yahoo.com, 08051991818

Sorry my MTN phone got stolen, probably why You werent able to get in touch with me . .
I will be travelling out of Abuja soon. . . so we need to work things out fast

I am currently downloading the latest version of Ultimate Edition [1.7] (based on Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon).
This distro is very stable and has virtually everything to get a beginner going . .
No application CD needed. . & its FREE . .

If you've got good internet connection, you can attempt to download this distro and get support on the ubuntu nigeria blog or ask questions on the Nigerian Base Forum 'because I'm hardly here
Click [url=http://nigerianbase.com/index.php/topic,55.0.html]here[/url] to read about it and get [url=http://nigerianbase.com/index.php/topic,55.msg653.html#msg653]download[/url] links!

Otherwise, You're free to [email=ralph@nigerianbase.com]E-mail me[/email] .

Regards
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2008
chairman Rover thank God u r back. i sent u my no and did not get anything from you. this is not a good welcome party. my no is still 08024981478 or 017330538
Re: Ubuntu by Ralvy(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2008
Chairman Ralvy cheesy
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2008
Permit my Ignorance chairman Ralvy, but i hope to hear from u soon. especially through the land line so we can talk 4 long
Re: Ubuntu by Ralvy(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2008
I don't have a land line o. . . cool
Re: Ubuntu by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
Hi guys hw's the ubuntu experience been? Anyway just a tip never give up too soon a little patience and use it then you'd have no reason to turn back. I've been using it for close to two years now and all i can do is smile
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2008
then lets do it on gsm
drop ur no ill do the caling
Re: Ubuntu by Ralvy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
Big man grin oya call now . . .

07055859611, I'll get a welcome back for the MTN tomorrow . . .
I dont have my sim pack, and all courts are on strike, so I can't swaer affidavit anywhere . . . sad
Re: Ubuntu by mmonwuba(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2008
na u be oga o. permit my slow typing grin, im using a french system and keyboard; that is why im making somany mistakes and deleting undecided. catch ya
Re: Ubuntu by esquire(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
Men its so much fum using ubuntu cos there has never been a thing that I can do with windoze that i cannot do with ubuntu and you know windoes has neva touched my hardrive since about two years and half and there can never be anything beta than my ubuntu. I currently use ubuntu Ultimate christmas edition. Cheerio and have fun
Re: Ubuntu by bigmo1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2008
My hard drive failed to boot, and i needed to recover some files from the hard drive. And so how did i do it. It was Ubuntu live cd, that saved the day. I think it is great, and i will like to get some other linux packs.
Re: Ubuntu by sydriq(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2008
You can keep your windows operating system and boot Ubuntu from the CD.
That us what I do when I free like Ubuntu.
Freemen use it.
Re: Ubuntu by hayprof(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2008
Want ubuntu distros,
Hola @ us on Ubuntu Nigeria.
Re: Ubuntu by theboy0808(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2008
Ubuntu lovers
I have also been converted from a windows fan to a ubuntu fanatic!
I had the Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy Gibbon) shipped to me
I also want to have the ultimate edition 1.7 as I don't have the time to download nearly 2GB
Please I would like to know how to connect to the internet on the Gutsy Gibbon with Starcomms ( I hope I got the spelling right)
Bigrovar, Ralvy, Please Help!
Re: Ubuntu by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2008
theboy0808:

Ubuntu lovers
I have also been converted from a windows fan to a ubuntu fanatic!
I had the Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy Gibbon) shipped to me
I also want to have the ultimate edition 1.7 as I don't have the time to download nearly 2GB
Please I would like to know how to connect to the internet on the Gutsy Gibbon with Starcomms ( I hope I got the spelling right)
Bigrovar, Ralvy, Please Help!

Welcome to the Linux community. To connect to multilinks,
simply open a terminal and type sudo wvdial it tell u if a modem has been found.
then type sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
edit it add your username password, dialing no make sure u remove the semi colons
save and exit
go back to terminal and type sudo wvdial
and don't close it

more help here
http://ubuntunigeria./
Re: Ubuntu by Azanor(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
if i move to ubuntu or any other linux distro, will i be able to play my games on them the same way as with windows. and without virtualization or any thing similar. this is the only thing holding me back from mving to linux. if the answer is positive i just might join the band wagon
Re: Ubuntu by sholasys: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2008
Ravy, Bigrovar, I observed that Ubuntu doesnt have a representative in PortHarcourt. I am in PH and am very much interested in ubuntu. I hv a gd internet connection. Pls guid me on how to download it.

(1) (Reply)

Free Browsing With India Proxy For The Connection Ebook : / Current Ccna Dumps / Make A Consistent $20+/day For Less Than 10 Minutes Work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.