Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. (4072 Views)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / My Husband Want Anal Sex, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Mma4luv(f): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Hello nairalander's,i am married and i ve' little girl of a year and four months.My husband met me through my best friend whom is somehow related with my husband,though far relation,the relationship b/w the families were very cordial.After i got married to my husband,my best friend was staying with us until my husband developed a hatred on her,he was able to keep quiet until i was about to put to bed then he told my best friend that it's high time she left the house cos the house will not contain her any longer and the girl left.One day my husband told me to reduce my relationship with her and that got me annoyed cos i wonder how my husband will select my friends for me even my best friend i knew before him,because of my reaction,my husband then said i should quit the relationship.I told the girl about it and we maintained our relationship but i stopped calling her in my hubby's presence and she stopped comming to my house but my husband was never satisfied with that.As a result of this,the relationship between my husband and my best friends family went sour.To cut the story short,yesterday my husband told me that i will have to chose between him and my best friend and i told him that i chose my best friend since he has no reason what so ever to quit me and my best friend,i told him instead of quiting my best friend,i will quit my marriage cos if i allow him,he may soon stop me from all my friends.He then told me angrily that i can go on with the relationship that there is no problem.My husband's reason is that i respect the girl more than him and the girl's philosophy about life and marriage is tottaly different from mine.pls do i have the right to say no in this kind of issue since i know the girl cannot influence me in any way,cos she would have influenced my life over the years i knew her before i met him.Pls advice me
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Dantay: 1:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
deleted

1 Like

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by denip: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
[b][/b]
Dantay: you must be a big fool to choose a friend no matter how close u r to her to ur husband.
@ Dantay, As much as I don't support ha stand on choosing ur friend over ur hubby, I dnt tink u̶̲̥̅̊ shud correct ha wit such language.
@ Poster, like Chaircover stated, try 2 get d facts before taking such a decision. U̶̲̥̅̊ r a woman n u̶̲̥̅̊ shud b diplomatic in matters of dis nature. Its ur marriage we taking abt except u̶̲̥̅̊ sayin u̶̲̥̅̊ dnt value ur marriage. Dnt b suprised if this ur choice of ur friend ova ur hubby comes back 2 hunt u̶̲̥̅̊. Wisdom is profitable 2 direct.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by siddiq202(m): 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
chaircover:

You have already made the choice naw so what do you want NL'ders to do after you have used ur hand to scatter the whole thing? Do you want to marry your friend ni? undecided

Anyway next time try and find out why he suddenly doesn't want you associating with someone. in this case You said that they are from the same family so it may be something that you dont even know about. He may or may not have a good reason, but knowledge is power and you could have tried to get to the bottom of it before making a decision especially if this is out of character for him and he isn't normally a controlling or difficult person.
he was wrong to give you an ultimatum and you were wrong for calling his bluff. You were also very wrong for continuing to carry on contact with this lady behind your husbands back. The time and stress it took you to do all that, you could have invested the same effort into finding out from your husband why he doesnt want her round you.
well said!
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Mma4luv(f): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
@chaircover,he used to complain that i love my friend,care and respect her more than him and i tried to convince him to no avail.My question now is this enough reason for a husband to quit his wife relationship with her best friend?
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Mma4luv(f): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
@chaircover,he used to complain that i love my friend,care and respect her more than him and i tried to convince him but to no avail.My question now is this enough reason for a husband to quit his wife relationship with her best friend?
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
Mma4luv: @chaircover[b],he used to complain that i love my friend,care and respect her more than him [/b]and i tried to convince him to no avail.My question now is this enough reason for a husband to quit his wife relationship with her best friend?

But it is true, you chose her over him so you do love her more than you love your husband. When he asked for your to end your relationship with your friend, you told her what he said and decided to play hide and seek game with her behind his back INSTEAD of finding out why exactly he does not want you two to become friends anymore. If a man gives you an ultimatum like that(which I don't agree with it) you either shut it, tell him to shut it or tell him bluntly to stop giving you ultimatums cos there is no way on earth your marriage will stand if ultimatums are being thrown left right centre. YOU DO NOT CHOOSE A FRIEND OVER A HUSBAND WHO HAS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF ABUSE OR WHAT NOT.

May the love of a friend and the inability to handle your home, act like a grown up and make wise decisions not lead to your marriage break up.

As for your husband, tell him to grow up cos no man gives that kain yeye ultimatum these days without a valid reason for insisting on it

1 Like

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by edogram1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
Ur husband must have sence something unknown about her or dream something or maybe she did something. There is always something in every action, you should have tried to find out from him. Maybe ur friend is given ur busband blow-job in he's dream., and u don't know. Semiler things like this happen many times. My advise is u go deep in this matter to find out from ur husband. tell him u are sorry firstly, then find out the bottom of this matter from him then we can knw what to say
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
How can a woman chose a friend over her husband in a case like this? Is this poster possessed or what? you must be a witch or a wicked woman to look a man you took an oath with before God and man who hasn't done anything to hurt you intentionally in the eye and tell him "I will give up our home and the life I have shared with you and our daughter to be with my friend". I WILL GIVE UP MY MARRIAGE.

I swear if I was the man in question, that marriage is over. What a stoopid woman you are, even if that friend jazzed you, na only you get friend? that you are willing to give up your home, your daughter and husband for? a friend that has no iota of respect for your husband and marriage. You must be kidding me right now angry

That friend will replace you one day, no worries.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by warrior01: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
OMG! @Op, you reason and sounds so foo.lish. Once again, do you say you're truly married or living with a boyfriend? What kind of stupid friendship is that? Are you that stu.pid to value a stranger more than your husband and family? Look, I don't know what to tell you now cos your stu.pidity is beyond comprehension
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by EfemenaXY: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
@Poster, I think there is more to this than meets the eyes.

Firstly, I see the man's objection to your continued friendship with your "Best friend" as a veiled warning. You mentioned it was totally uncharacteristic of him to make such a demand, and secondly, this friend of yours actually lived with you for quite some time.

Do you honestly know what might have gone on behind your back, between both of them? How do you know this man isn't desperately trying to let you know that he wants to avoid temptation? This story is so akin to one I read here a couple of months ago about a woman who brought in her sales girl to help with heaven knows what in her domestic home, while she was out there "building a house". The husband kicked against it, the lady didn't listen. He protested, it fell on deaf ears. Guess what happened next? Temptation had its way with the man, he hit the sack with the sales girl, she got pregnant and before you could say Jack Robinson, the man had taken her to see his people, paid her bride price and installed her as the new, fully fledged iyawo in his home.

And his first wifey? She came over here to lament how she did everything under the sun for her marriage, built up their business(es), the house they now lived in...all for what?

Your hubby doesn't feel comfortable with this lady, nor does he feel comfortable to really tell you "why" he doesn't want her around. Be smart, wisen up and LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES before it's too late.

A word they say, is enough for the wise. Oh, and I also think it was the height of immaturity for you to choose your so-called best friend over your husband. Grow up pls.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by EfemenaXY: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2012
Double post.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
.....and yet some women get married for "better or worse", lol!

i still wonder how you could put the two in a balance, and decide to go for the friend?! he even was nice enough to have her stay with you guys, but obviously you wanted MORE. if your hubby turns against someone, then you MUST follow suit for the benefit of your marriage, its no brain science!

you must have been in this marriage for the wrong reasons, to make such a poor choice....i hope you enjoy single motherhood with your "friend".
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by denip: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
@ Poster,dis is what you get wen a girl enters in2 marriage n refuse 2 grow up in2 ha responsibilities. God help u out dis situation u̶̲̥̅̊ put urself. I n my family wil hav u̶̲̥̅̊ in our prayers
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by idy4eva: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
I hope u R not a le..sbian? Hmmm. Life is a choice bt i thk evn ur most trust folks wl tell u u've "misfired". If smthg as minor as a "best frnd" can make u quit ur marriage then.... Hey! Swt Sis, i'll suggest u tell ur hubby u R sorry, take d gud advise dat e'ry1 has gvn u. Leave all these "women liberation" and arrogance they only lead 2 regrets. Pls save ur home. Thx
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by madeonline(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Lady for your daughter's sake pick ur marriage over your best friend for now. Find other means to flog your husband into his senses in future ... Your girl would appreciate a united home front in future than your friendship with your best friend. Do a background check on your hubby and best friend and see if they had crossed lines in the past!
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by edogram1(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
I believe she must be crying now after all this advice. And again this poster might be lesbian
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by pedestal82(m): 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
OP, is a LESBIAN, its no rocket science to knw that.
She has chosen her true Partner. Nlders pls don't sweat it! Choice
Has been made, at least she now has a child ( she has satisfied the
Societal pressure). Go on Lesbo!
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
@Poster, I don't what kind of relationship you have with your friend, but I don't believe it is your husband's place to decide for you, an adult, who can or cannot be your friend. This is why I have a serious problem with the way Nigerians define their place in a marriage. In about 99% of the case, the wife is the one being told to get rid of something. The husband, when told to do the same never really does that and the wife is forced to accept that. And honestly, this should be what should happen with the woman too.

Marriage is not supposed to become an EITHER OR situation. Because even though you are married, you are still alive to the world around you, and you still have to live your own life,have your own friends, your own click/club/group. You do not have to share friends with your spouse, unless you plan is to build a cage for yourself there.

Here's the beautiful thing of what the Bible says of this. I think your husband is wrong in trying to have you choose between him and your friend. And I would take this to some pastor or something to try to talk to him . . get him to understand HE DOES NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by crislyn(f): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
chaircover:

You have already made the choice naw so what do you want NL'ders to do after you have used ur hand to scatter the whole thing? Do you want to marry your friend ni? undecided

Anyway next time try and find out why he suddenly doesn't want you associating with someone. in this case You said that they are from the same family so it may be something that you dont even know about. He may or may not have a good reason, but knowledge is power and you could have tried to get to the bottom of it before making a decision especially if this is out of character for him and he isn't normally a controlling or difficult person.

he was wrong to give you an ultimatum and you were wrong for calling his bluff. You were also very wrong for continuing to carry on contact with this lady behind your husbands back. The time and stress it took you to do all that, you could have invested the same effort into finding out from your husband why he doesnt want her round you.
thank u jare! Thats a gud 1
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Ivynwa(f): 1:45am On Aug 13, 2012
In my opinion this poster did not do wrong in standing up for herself when commanded to cut off ties with her friend like that without being given a cogent reason. Husbands should treat their wives respectfully like the partner they are. They should have handled this better and not allowed matter reach an extent where the two are drawing swords and warring to know who will back down first. Poster on the other hand you mustn't choose others over your husband when matters get to a head, it will be nice if you employ the use of soft words to retract your statement and make him realize that he still means much to you.

If I were you I will be working at finding out what is really going on between your husband and your friend. Your story sounded like there are more to it than you know. It can be a family feud as you mentioned that they were a bit related or it can be something else that when you know better you may be able to understand things clearly. A friend that brought the two of you together deserves better treatment than being dumped away over unserious matter unless she poses a danger to your union.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Ivynwa(f): 1:52am On Aug 13, 2012
On another note poster, it isn't the best to have female friends living with you and your husband for a long time. I am not saying that you shouldn't offer shelter to a friend in times of need but having to live with female friends for a long time is not the best. According to you she lived with you to the point that your husband had to tell her that the home cannot contain her anymore.
Go through the forum very well and you may come across threads where husbands have impregnated female maids, wife's sister etc. If your friend has accommodation issue, you can help her get accommodation else where not accommodate her in your home.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by obowunmi(m): 3:30am On Aug 13, 2012
What if your friend is trying to f,u,c,k your husband? If your marriage isimportant to you, politely let go of your friend.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Aug 13, 2012
obowunmi: What if your friend is trying to f,u,c,k your husband? If your marriage isimportant to you, politely let go of your friend.

If that is the case, why has the husband chosen to hide it from her? Or it could be that the husband is the one who tried and failed to have sex with the friend, and just wants to be rid of her before she opens her mouth. undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2012
I wonder what marriages these days are really turning into undecided
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by andyanders: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mma4luv: Hello nairalander's,i am married and i ve' little girl of a year and four months.My husband met me through my best friend whom is somehow related with my husband,though far relation,the relationship b/w the families were very cordial.After i got married to my husband,my best friend was staying with us until my husband developed a hatred on her,he was able to keep quiet until i was about to put to bed then he told my best friend that it's high time she left the house cos the house will not contain her any longer and the girl left.One day my husband told me to reduce my relationship with her and that got me annoyed cos i wonder how my husband will select my friends for me even my best friend i knew before him,because of my reaction,my husband then said i should quit the relationship.I told the girl about it and we maintained our relationship but i stopped calling her in my hubby's presence and she stopped comming to my house but my husband was never satisfied with that.As a result of this,the relationship between my husband and my best friends family went sour.To cut the story short,yesterday my husband told me that i will have to chose between him and my best friend and i told him that i chose my best friend since he has no reason what so ever to quit me and my best friend,i told him instead of quiting my best friend,i will quit my marriage cos if i allow him,he may soon stop me from all my friends.He then told me angrily that i can go on with the relationship that there is no problem.My husband's reason is that i respect the girl more than him and the girl's philosophy about life and marriage is tottaly different from mine.pls do i have the right to say no in this kind of issue since i know the girl cannot influence me in any way,cos she would have influenced my life over the years i knew her before i met him.Pls advice me

I think there is something beyond your explanation. Maybe you are a lesbian hence your action to chose your friend to your husband. There must be something beyond this because your husband must have noticed something in between you and these your so called friends. You are not clean at all. ou have something hidden
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Johndoe100(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
andyanders:

I think there is something beyond your explanation. Maybe you are a lesbian hence your action to chose your friend to your husband. There must be something beyond this because your husband must have noticed something in between you and these your so called friends. You are not clean at all. ou have something hidden

This is very obvious to anyone. I wonder why the women glossed over it.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Afamdman(m): 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
@kobojunkie hmmmmm I wonder which planet your from. Hmmmm I wonder how in ur book the woman has a right to choose btw her friend and her husband. How do u agree with that. @ poster there is more that meets the eye to this your story, you have not told us the complete truth. Please come clean so we can advice you well, except you want ur husband to marry your friend as a second wife. Hmmm women sha SMH you sometimes are your own worst enemies.
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
Afamdman: @kobojunkie hmmmmm I wonder which planet your from. Hmmmm I wonder how in ur book the woman has a right to choose btw her friend and her husband. How do u agree with that. @ poster there is more that meets the eye to this your story, you have not told us the complete truth. Please come clean so we can advice you well, except you want ur husband to marry your friend as a second wife. Hmmm women sha SMH you sometimes are your own worst enemies.

a) where did I say you choose between your friend and your husband? And Why in the world is a mere "don't keep this person as friend" elevated to choosing between your friend and your husband? Do you realize how inane that even sounds??

b) She is married, not shackled. She is allowed to have her OWN friends, not friends her husband approves. When we are kids, we allow our parents have a say in the kind of friends we can have because we do not know better. This is a grown up woman being told she can not have A and B as friends, by someone who is not her father or her mother. Just because you share the same bed with someone does not then mean you also have the right to DICTATE to them who they can befriend and who they cannot.

When we did that as kids, when we thought we could tell our friends who they could be friends with and who they could not, what did we consider that? Why now sanction that behavior in a grown-up relationship with two equal adults who now know that behavior to be wrong?
Re: My Husband Want's To Quit My Relationship With My Best Friend. by Afamdman(m): 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
So let me ask you as a woman and you see the kind of friend that your husband follows, let me paint a picture,your husbands best friend in which they are alsways together is a womaniser, beer palour dude a cheat and liar, so you tell me you will not voice ur concern to your husband about such a friend and infact not put ur foot down that he doesn't move with such a friend again or even go as far as telling him its either you quit your friend or I leave this marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Video Of My 'kid Bro'.. He Doesn't Know Where He Slept Last Night / How Do You Know Your Husband Is Not Cheating On You? / Graphic Video: Guy Catches Wife Cheating, Then Beats Her To Death.... Just Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.