Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? (29666 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! / Too Much Money: This PDP Man Poses With Piles Of Naira Notes - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by KingGeorge1: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
Leaders with no Vision(s)!!!Unproductive Leaders!!!Sanusi Lamido one of our leader/Man with a lot of Anti-masses policies, please tell us how N5000 note will affect the amount of naira to a Dollar positive or if it will stop the looting of public fund by our politicians...Please someone tell me what is our offenses in this country that our leaders are doing everything possible to inflict so much suffering upon us,this yr alone the Govt in their infinity wisdom has brought so much pains to us for voting them into office,,First was fuel increase in the name of subsidy,later cashless economic just to enervate the poor totally and now,N5000 note,which will definitely cause the lower denomination to go extinct.
The little money the poor man can have access to will be converted to coin just to inconvenience the poor,while their new note will make it easier for them to loot our funds.What kind of Leaders do we have in this country? GOD please come to our rescue!!!!
Nigeria we hail thee!!!
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by nosagold(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
Teebest82: Why are our leaders so stupid n senseless,creating a 5000 naira note?when some can't even afford to spend 1000naira in a week....i can't wait to leave this country before war breaks out

Even if you leave 9ja, how does it affect the price of garri in d market?
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Anwans(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! Naija is just like someone who's carrying an elephant meat on his head and sees cricket and decides to chase the cricket. Why talking about change of currency? Just to make it easier for them to loot.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by xyztus(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
please with due respect to the writer of this thread and other people who intend to post more we should please endeavour to fine topics that would increase the intellectual wellbeing of all nairalanders.thank you.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
No a policy for ordinary Nigerians..basically meant to ease:

1. The Northern traders that still do almost 100% of their transactions with cash.

2. The Politicians that deals only in cash to avoid paper trail of transaction.

Its an anti-people policy.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by luv2talk(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Chei, May God Save Nigeria

Crack Ya Ribs Small Jare

The Real Defination Of STUPIDITY
:
1:- Having Unprotected Sexual intercourse with random women but always Insisting Your Barber Must use your Personal CLIPPER. Chei, AIDs is REAL
2:- Buying BB Tourch & Brazilian Hair for Your Girl Friend While Landlord Mess up Your Mama at Village Just because of 2k House Rent.
Chei....City Bobo
3:- Ordering Fried Rice & Chicken at Tantalizers for a Lady you met on Danfo Bus while You order for a Bottle of Ragolis Water.
Chei..Im watching My weight
4:- Cruzing with Range Rovers Sport Car while living in a rented apartment at Obalende
Chei...Eko for Show...
5:- Travavelled to Garbon for 2 week only to come back with a rented British Acents..
Eeewooh!!, I laugh in Hindu
Nehi Nehe Nehaha...

Culled from....
www./FunnyPikin
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by odehme: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
this is not a major solution to our problems but i think it is a good move by cbn to curtail corruption jst that it has been made difficult to fight in our country. God help us
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by ernestleon(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
nosa gold:

Even if you leave 9ja, how does it affect the price of garri in d market?
i hate this kind comments......so no so so garri the son of man come dey chop dis days
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by diesel86: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
This is the beginning of the end of Naija as we know it.
Truth is that sanusi n ngozi are just spokeperson to those who control the world, Naija inclusive, i have always known that they would continue bringing on reforms & policies that would eventually bring out the beast in us...... Abi when u find it so hard to survive when wont we all take up arms against this insensitive puppet of a goverment that we have.
Remember what they said " out of chaos a new world order is formed ". Shows things are going on as planned.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by martyns303(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
The best way to look for trouble would be to enter a bus and give the conductor N5000K note and tell him to give you change.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by nasty45(m): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
ARE YOU GUYS AWARE THAT EVEN AMERICA HAVE $1000?BUH TIS SCARCE TO THE EYES,LIKEWISE IS WHAT I EXPECT FRM OUR #1000,BUH AM NOT SURPRISED TIS EVERYWR....MTCHEW FOR NAIJA
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Nwokem... That news is fake..

You cant have a 5000 Naira denomination without first having a 2000 Naira denomination..

Also if your reason why the 5000 naira note is bad idea is because 'Some cant afford to spend 1000 Naira a week', then you have no business discussing the demerits of the 5000Naira note let alone opening an online thread about it...

MODS!! WHY DO YOU TAKE DELIGHT IN PUTTING USELESS THREADS ON THE FRONTPAGE?! We have already tackled this 5000 Naira issue over a month ago.. angry

How is it fake? Something that was carried on NTA last night where Sanusi himself was defending the stupidity?? Stop Ostriching about bro! We are in deep poo! Pure water will now be N50, and inflation will reach 300%
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by nosagold(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2012
ernestleon: i hate this kind comments......so no so so garri the son of man come dey chop dis days

Bros stop hating on my comments cuz it doesn't also change the price of garri in the market
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by vulpeslopez(m): 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
With the 5000 note coming out....looting has just been made easy....... 2000 bundles in 1 big ghana must go =Ibillion naira.......who say our leaders no get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Niiade(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hell no< most def the solution for Political office holders wink
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by geogeous(f): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nigerians and our myopic thoughts!th[color=#000099][/color]thumbs up mdsocks. Have we scrutinized the effect of the 5000naira notes well enough to see whether the good outweighs the bad or are we just saying things impetuously?if we can't pinpoint the adverse effect brought about by the previous introduction of 1000naira note,then we should really think before criticizing anyone.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by uncleb(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
Okija_juju: Nwokem... That news is fake..

You cant have a 5000 Naira denomination without first having a 2000 Naira denomination..

Also if your reason why the 5000 naira note is bad idea is because 'Some cant afford to spend 1000 Naira a week', then you have no business discussing the demerits of the 5000Naira note let alone opening an online thread about it...

MODS!! WHY DO YOU TAKE DELIGHT IN PUTTING USELESS THREADS ON THE FRONTPAGE?! We have already tackled this 5000 Naira issue over a month ago.. angry

I guess you are not in town,or do dont watch the TV
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by SlyIg(f): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
To thief money for govt go dey easy very well wit d new 5k note.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Olaone1: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
mdsocks:

And where did you get the bullshit stats from?

You don't just argue for the fact that you just feel like.

Even the so called developed countries are trying to devalue their currencies so as to spur economic growth and export. I ain't for or against the new

denominations but stop pelting this idea that an higher denomination automatically means a collapsing economy.

Maybe you need to look at money management and other indices.

After all, money is just a means of exchange and not a determinant of how strong r weak an economy is in the real sense.

Each country has its peculiar problems and comparisons won't augur well when arguing your points.

Why not tell us what is bullshit about the stats? undecided
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by uncleb(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
geogeous: Nigerians and our myopic thoughts!th[color=#000099][/color]thumbs up mdsocks. Have we scrutinized the effect of the 5000naira notes well enough to see whether the good outweighs the bad or are we just saying things impetuously?if we can't pinpoint the adverse effect brought about by the previous introduction of 1000naira note,then we should really think before criticizing anyone.

Please educate this forum by enumerating the gains. Whose interest is this policy pursuing, the masses or the corrupt political class?

is this is sync with the cashless economy the cbn gov introduced earlier? dont you see a contradiction. I would rather think you are the one arguing or talking.

Do u see anything being sold for less than %naira presently?

Please wait until you have to dissipate 50 naira to take a satchet water, then you will know what we are saying.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by toksdam(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012

Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
Yes! Naira 5000 Notes are the solution to Nigeria's money problems as they will invigorate the economy with their newness and help push forward the cashless-economics we have tried so hard to implement.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Olaone1: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Kobojunkie: Yes! Naira 5000 Notes are the solution to Nigeria's money problems as they will invigorate the economy with their newness and help push forward the cashless-economics we have tried so hard to implement.
Care to elaborate, ma?
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by flexdee(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nigeria is doomed, N5, N10 & N20 are not going to be useful again cos of Naija factor which will make things so difficult for the poor. Our leaders doesn't always think about the common man b4 embarking on their useless policies.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by diamondbility: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
they know what they are doing; it is d fast way of steal money
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by kenigy: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
Are u really sure this will we a solution to Nigeria economy? Releasing this 5000 naira note might likely cause a depreciation in the value of other currency.
http://www.applyfornigeriajobs.com
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by solomonhenschel: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
i think the introduction of the =N=5000 note will only cause more harm than good. The low denomination notes would lose value,cost of living will go high,it might as well lead to inflation and at the long run what more...a recess in the economy. I think it is high time the people in the helms of affair of this country looked into this issue before we all cry "had i known"
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by kenigy: 3:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well its a welcome development that we also have a woman on our country's currency.
http://www.applyfornigeriajobs.com
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2012
By the amount of witnesses that have come forward to confirm this News.. I guess its time for me to say;

GOOD BYE NIGERIA!!!

This is the beginning of the End..
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by solomonhenschel: 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
we are talking about what would be of the state of affair of this country when the =N=5000 note is introduced and somebody is talking about woman in the face of our curency. when things finally go bad, the woman in the face of the curency will ameliorate it abi? please that is no case, the issue here is that the introduction of this note is not realy necesary.
Re: 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
For a country where we are trying to encourage a cashless economy, I dont understand how Sanusi can posibly justify this move..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kayode Fayemi: 15 Things To Know About Ekiti Governor-Elect / Re: The Illegal Frozen Of Account Of Akwa Ibom State Government / Priests Sprinkle ‘Holy Water’ On Shaibu At Office Dedication (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.