Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Webmasters: Article Request - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters: Article Request (877 Views)

Webmasters Your Help Is Kindly Needed Here Please. / SEO Optimization Techniques That Webmasters Ignore / Nigerian Webmasters' Association? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 10:54am On Jan 03, 2008
Hello everyone, I am starting this year with a Newspaper Publication project (though I commenced it late 2007). It will basically be for issues, commentary, tutorials, news, etc on Information Technology (i.e. Computer, Internet, Telecomm, etc).

I hereby request for articles from anyone interested to support this project in that regards. Your article should be within 30 to 400 words. It should be original (it could be your opinion, your take on any relevant topic/concept, criticism, joke, just anything as long as it is within the area we are interested in. At the end of the article, include you resource box. A resource box should look something like this (e.g. for me – Emmanuel Ezeali):

--------------------------------------------------
Emmanuel Ezeali is a young and dynamic web designer and an author. He is dedicated in helping individual get online presence. You can contact him on 08059201646 or visit www.emmaezeali.com
--------------------------------------------------

I hope you code what I mean. If the article you are sending is from somewhere else please do include yours and the source, so we can acknowledge that.

Benefits: Anyone that had his article published will receive a copy (irrespective of where the person resides in Nigeria).

Other Opportunities: If you have a site or a service you offer, you can support this initiative by placing advert on at least the classified page for only N3,000. Donations are welcome too. We hope it reaches as far as possible – maybe you will even aid the distribution. We will discourse that when the time comes.

I will be designing a website for the journal before is out. I am targeting first week of February. If you have any suggestion please do post it here. Thanks, happy 2008!
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
And if you have any suggestion for me on this project or you want to partner/advertise I will like to know. Thanks.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by my2cents(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
for one, stay clear of continuous flash. If u must use flash, put a "stop()" at the end of the last frame grin
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2008
@ my2cent:
You will have to modify your post above. I need your comment on my Publication Project. What you have here was not refering to my, I guess. Thanks anyway.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by my2cents(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2008
astron,

I was referring to this part of your post:
I will be designing a website for the journal before is out. I am targeting first week of February. If you have any suggestion please do post it here.

As for articles, I am not too good at coming up with topics so if perhaps you give a list here I will see what I can do grin
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2008
Thanks everyone. My appreciation to those that have emailed me too. If you have a word, advice, or article you want to contribute please send it to any of these emails: admin@emmaezeali.com or ezeali@gmail.com

@ my2cent
Ok I have noted that. There is no set out topics I am giving out. I want you to just take any to topic you feel will make a good reading. Anything from omputer, webdesign, Internet concept/development. I believe we all viewing it from different perception will give it uniqueness.

All the best.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by my2cents(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2008
thanks for the clarification.

Right now, I am thinking an article of "Flash Abuse on Nigerian websites" tongue

If you don't hear from me in a week, do YIM me as I am a very busy man.

Thanks,
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2008
Thanks. Looking forward.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by brushparke(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2008
i am in. I will like to write some burning issues. Currently, i haven't written for any offline publication but keep a blog and also write for The World Cup Blog of Portland, USA . I cover the Nigerian section. This could be a nice new experience for me. I can start with this "Outsourcing in Nigeria Can Be a Gold Mine"
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 4:48am On Jan 11, 2008
That will be nice. I look forward to review it.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by my2cents(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2008
astron,

After some thinking and observation of your posts here (which I find to be very civil and mature, unlike some of mine, but I digress tongue), I decided there was no sense in maintaining 2 separate articles (on www.webmastersofafrica.com and on your site). To this effect, if you deem it fit, I grant you permission (including editing, where necessary) to publish the commentary (including archives) I publish on my site at any time. All I require of you is that you give credit to the source (www.webmastersofafrica.com). E nu go? wink

Here are the URLs:
http://www.webmastersofafrica.com/webmasters-of-africa-commentary/

http://www.webmastersofafrica.com/webmasters-of-africa-commentary/archives/index.php

Good luck to you and your venture(s). Let me know how it goes and if you need anything else.
Re: Webmasters: Article Request by astronp7(m): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2008
@ m2cents:
I must sa that was a great gesture. Many thanks. You have further strenghtened my desire to pursue this project. For the articles, they will be very helpful, some will be further edithed to appeal generally.

I will keep ou posted, as things develope. Keep p the good work you are doing here, its been helpful.

Regards,
Emmanuel Ezeali
www.emmaezeali.com

(1) (Reply)

Web Master Needed For Employment / Blogging / Make Money Creating Mobile Applications For Android Phones... No Coding Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.