Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II (2464 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread / Please Help Me To Decide Between Blackberry Z30 And Nokia Lumia 1020 / Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 03, 2012
Not sure which one o.

I know that I've been an anti-iPhone for a while on NL, but I'm slowly giving in since 80-90% of my electronics are Apple products. It makes things easier with synchronization.

I am a lot worried about screen size tho, I love big screens.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 03, 2012
From Sprint

Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by queensmith: 1:54am On Sep 03, 2012
God almighty phones are cheap in the US it makes me want to cry, which samsung is like a mini tab, that big massive one? get that one- its too sexy! grin grin

whatever you do don't get a bb, definitely not the new bold, the phone freezes, i wanted to flush it down the toilet once, the fustration that basterd of a phone gave me! lol
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 03, 2012
From At&t

Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 03, 2012
queensmith: God almighty phones are cheap in the US it makes me want to cry, which samsung is like a mini tab, that big massive one? get that one- its too sexy! grin grin

whatever you do don't get a bb, definitely not the new bold, the phone freezes, i wanted to flush it down the toilet once, the fustration that basterd of a phone gave me! lol

Hey girl, didnt even see your comment smiley

Not really cheap if you sign a contract obligating to stay with them for 2-years. Without contract, those phones are like $500-$700 dollars.

BB did not even cross my mind. LOL I havent met anyone with a BB phone since Jan 2012 tongue
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 03, 2012
Which one is like a minitab?
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by moonraker(m): 5:25am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Which one is like a minitab?

I believe that she was talking about the Galaxy note!!!

Am gonna be honest here,Your 3 choices are all good choices

and they meet very specific needs. Now i might as well just bite

the bullet and give you my choice but thats my choice. In order

who you to choose the best one for you, You need to outline your needs.

What would you like the phone to do for you?? etc

I am lucky to have 2 of choices (Galaxy note and the iphone 4s)

Heres what i think, The iphone 4 has very good battery life (I swear)

The galaxy note is massive and all but the battery life sucks big time.

On the plus side, the Note is very good for web browsing and youtube videos

never looked so good. I can go on and on but at the end, it is still your choice...
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 03, 2012
moonraker:

Am gonna be honest here,Your 3 choices are all good choices

and they meet very specific needs. Now i might as well just bite

the bullet and give you my choice but thats my choice. In order

who you to choose the best one for you, You need to outline your needs.

What would you like the phone to do for you?? etc

I am lucky to have 2 of choices (Galaxy note and the iphone 4s)

Heres what i think, The iphone 4 has very good battery life (I swear)

The galaxy note is massive and all but the battery life sucks big time.

On the plus side, the Note is very good for web browsing and youtube videos

never looked so good. I can go on and on but at the end, it is still your choice...

Quantify what you mean by "battery life sucks big time" plz. . . . am usually not home for 16 hours at a time.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Quantify "battery life sucks big time" plz. . . . am usually not home for 16 hours at a time.
hi sweetie ..miss u girl/? undecided
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: hi sweetie ..miss u girl/? undecided

lol. Missed me? I've been here. tongue

So what's your opinion about the topic? smiley
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

lol. Missed me? I've been here. tongue

So what's your opinion about the topic? smiley
Iphone 4s
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2012
Why?

What do you have?
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Why?

What do you have?
i have a shitty phone(touchscreen Huawei from metro pc(everything sucks on this phone esp the battery which doesn't have a high autonomy..i picked the iphone 4s cause you like big screen the battery is good and you have a lot of app on it
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i have a shitty phone(touchscreen Huawei from metro pc(everything sucks on this phone esp the battery which doesn't have a high autonomy..i picked the iphone 4s cause you like big screen the battery is good and you have a lot of app on it

Oh, but the iPhone doesnt really have a big screen compared to Galaxy Note.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Oh, but the iPhone doesnt really have a big screen compared to Galaxy Note.
that's true but i think the iphone'sscreen is clearer and lighter. but i'm not a steve jobs bandwagn ...m more Lg and samsung sometimes nokia...what r u looking in a phone ?
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 03, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: that's true but i think the iphone'sscreen is clearer and lighter. but i'm not a steve jobs bandwagn ...m more Lg and samsung sometimes nokia...what r u looking in a phone ?

Good camera resolution
Big screen
Large storage space
Lots of applications
Doesnt drop calls
Not too heavy not too light
Good for web browsing
Nice keyboard

etc etc
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 03, 2012
CAM, I'm about to turn in for the night, see ya later smiley
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Good camera resolution
Big screen
Large storage space
Lots of applications
Doesnt drop calls
Not too heavy not too light
Good for web browsing
Nice keyboard

etc etc
okay see ya ...
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by moonraker(m): 6:07am On Sep 03, 2012
What i mean is that on the galaxy note, expect to see battery life of about erm

5hours tops without rigorously using it. However the iphone 4S can pull about 7hours depending

on usage...

In the end, I see you going for something like this

Iphone 4S White 64GB but hey am only guessing...
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by chucky234(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2012
Iphone 4s all the way,though iphone 4 has a better battery life.
The GS3 and One X will also offer a great suffing experience with 4" plus screen.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by queensmith: 8:23am On Sep 03, 2012
moonraker:

ehn hen! yes op get that one! its sexy! Not sure if thats a valid reason to get a phone- but that is all one needs! lol
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by moonraker(m): 9:10am On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by LordReed(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2012
Galaxy Note sexy? Wow what a description. LoL Quite a reason to buy a phone grin

Ok for me I'd still say go for the Note. When we talk functionality it's hard to beat a phablet (phone-tablet lol). Handwriting recognition, multi-tasking, easy song and video transfer either by wireless connection or a PC, etc

Go for the Note, I am gonna wait for the Note 2 myself.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2012
moonraker: What i mean is that on the galaxy note, expect to see battery life of about erm

5hours tops without rigorously using it.

this i seriously doubt. are you speaking from experience or just an estimate based on nothing?

the Note is officially rated

Standard battery, Li-Ion 2500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 960 h (2G) / Up to 820 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 26 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 13 h 30 min (3G)

i think it would be a major use to drop that battery in 5 hrs, i seriously doubt she has that type of use in mind

whilst the Iphone 4S is rated

Standard battery, Li-Po 1432 mAh
Stand-by Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
Music play Up to 40 h

I do concede that IOS does manage power much better than Android, but i doubt if its at the rate which you espouse.

But than, you have your Apple hat on, i have my android hat on

@ OP choose any. they are both good choices. its entirely up to u, what catches ur fancy. personally, if u like big screens like me, its a no-brainer wink wink
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by moonraker(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
4llerbuntu:

this i seriously doubt. are you speaking from experience or just an estimate based on nothing?

the Note is officially rated

Standard battery, Li-Ion 2500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 960 h (2G) / Up to 820 h (3G)

Talk time Up to 26 h 10 min (2G) / Up to 13 h 30 min (3G)

i think it would be a major use to drop that battery in 5 hrs, i seriously doubt she has that type of use in mind

whilst the Iphone 4S is rated

Standard battery, Li-Po 1432 mAh
Stand-by Up to 200 h (2G) / Up to 200 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 8 h (3G)
Music play Up to 40 h

I do concede that IOS does manage power much better than Android, but i doubt if its at the rate which you espouse.

But than, you have your Apple hat on, i have my android hat on

@ OP choose any. they are both good choices. its entirely up to u, what catches ur fancy. personally, if u like big screens like me, its a no-brainer wink wink

I have and use both devices. So it would be wrong to say that i have my apple hat on.

And yes, I wrote from experience.

You of all persons should know that What the manufacturers say is quiet different from

the real world test. They only give an estimate on how long a battery can survive under

very perfect conditions(Lab tests)...

I am not fan boy or something. I say things the way they are... Period
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
GBAM!!! grin grin grin

but u dey use phone sha. i freestyled a friends Note for 2 days in the name of testing and with 50% screen brightness or less usually went from 6 am till like 4 pm before needing a charge. i browse at least 2 hrs with it in that time!

na chick @ op be na, na twitter and nairaland she go do na wink wink wink wink
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by lynxnoon(m): 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
She should go for the note if shes into big screens .
awhile back i saw the Galaxy Note with a lady . . .looked sleek on her sha wink
but as for me . . . .hehehehehe . . both grin grin
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by kandiikane(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
Go for the note. My "boyfriend" has it and has been taking the piss with me comparing my blackberry to it. Lol!

It's awesome! I am planning on upgrading come october but the only downside is the size for me. I usually have my phone in my hands because I easily misplace it so having a huge phone in my hands isn't ideal Àt all.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by LordReed(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
kandiikane: Go for the note. My "boyfriend" has it and has been taking the piss with me comparing my blackberry to it. Lol!

It's awesome! I am planning on upgrading come october but the only downside is the size for me. I usually have my phone in my hands because I easily misplace it so having a huge phone in my hands isn't ideal Àt all.

Well the Note's size should keep you from forgetting it because your hands will notice there's no Note (pun intended ℓ☺ℓ).
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by UncleJJ(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
For heavens sake if ur in the states get the galaxy nexus . It sames with the s2 @ 350usd on play no contracts no restrictions ... Pure andriod orgasms baby .... Yeah.
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
Lord reed mentioned G N 2, why na? I'm not even done deciding and you got me in pieces.

I looked up the G N 2 release date and it's sometimes later this year, no specified date.

I'm worried that the G N 2 might come with unresolved, untested glitches since it's a new phone et al.

What do you guys think?

@Kandii/Queen

Wazzup with you two and blackberries? London thing tongue
Re: Trying To Decide Between Iphone + Samsung Galaxy Note + Samsung Galaxy S II by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
UncleJJ: For heavens sake if ur in the states get the galaxy nexus . It sames with the s2 @ 350usd on play no contracts no restrictions ... Pure andriod orgasms baby .... Yeah.

$350 NO CONTRACT? LOL I don't believe that. Nexus looks ugly, btw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Antivirus: 6 Truths About Smartphone Malware / I Cant Download Videos And Mp3 On My Z 3 Browser / How To Download Youtube Video To Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.