Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency (1321 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / Electricity Consumers To Pay More From December –NERC / No More Power Failure In Nigeria From December - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by mamikky: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
The Federal Government has assured that the country would soon bid final farewell to power outages beginning from December, 2012 just as it has plans to generate 5,400 mega watts from the current 4,400 mega watts.
Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe told newsmen in Abuja that president Jonathan is no doubt leaving up to expectation on his election promises.

According to Okupe, the 5,400 mega watts target will be actualize following the arrangement by the National Integrated Power Project, NIPP, to add 1,000MW the current 4,400 as against the little above 1,900MW before the president assumed office.

He said: “When the President assumed office, the energy capacity of the country at that time ranged between 1,900 megawatts to some 2,200 megawatts. The Independent Power Projects, 10 of them were grounded and nearly moribund, but today Nigeria is generating in excess of 4,400 megawatts of electricity.

“Some cynics have said this is due to high level of water in the hydro generating plants in Shiroro and Kanji. This isn’t true.

“I can tell you authoritatively that why it is true that every year there is a marginal increase in power supply, because of the increased contribution in the hydro plants, that cannot account for the 15 hours or so that is being currently enjoyed in many parts of the country.

Speaking further, Okupe added that: “The reason for this additional increase is coming from the NIPP that are now adding between 600 and 800 megawatts to the national grid. That’s what is responsible for this new improvement and between now and December, we are expecting nearly an additional 1,000 megawatts, because of increase and an arrangement that have been made for purchase and supply of gas to some of these NIPP projects. More areas will enjoy longer hours of electricity supply by December.”

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/10/nigeria-experience-uninterrupted-power-supply-december-presidency/
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2012
ok o, dat was au bokoharam was to have been solvd by June this year! December s jst 3mnths+ away, we ar waitng
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by oderemo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
this is one goverment build on promises pyramid, when will jonathan goodluck wake up from his slumber and put this country in proper perspective.“I

can tell you authoritatively that why it is true that every year there is a marginal increase in power supply, because of the increased contribution in the hydro plants, that cannot account for the 15 hours or so that is being currently enjoyed in many parts of the country

many parts of nigeria ? only in abuja i can testify to roughly constant supply, i dont know when that qualifies as the benchmark for the country.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by princenayo: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Honestly, Electricity supply has increased in my area.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by k2039: 5:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
HIS CLAIM'S CAN BE VERIFIED ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
TILL THEN,I RESERVE MY COMMENT.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by 1025: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
believe this and u can believe anything.
before the end of next week, a contradictory story will come up.
do u know how many okupes jonathan has?
am not talking about abatis and makus.
this govt is a talkertive.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Idileke: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
Power supply has improved in my area...only that GEJ should just stick to his steady power supply promise to fulfill it then, Nigerians will hold him high
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Stallion77(f): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
so between now and december nko?
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by apala911: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2012
I pray and wish that this becomes a reality
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by LongOne1(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2012
Stallion77: so between now and december nko?

It will be ‘business as usual’.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by jmaine: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2012
mamikky: between now and December, we are expecting nearly an additional 1,000 megawatts, because of increase and an arrangement that have been made for purchase and supply of gas to some of these NIPP projects. More areas will enjoy longer hours of electricity supply by December .”

Okupe never insinuated uninterrupted power supply as the article portrays . . . .

Hopefully when the grid is further increased . .it will put to bed the flimsy excuse of the "rainy season", often deployed by the cynics to water down this encouraging developments

Work continues . . . . .
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Mandelaguy(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2012
Long One:

It will be ‘business as usual’.
Business as usual how? When genuine efforts are being made,commend. For the first time in the history of this country,steady power supply is looking like a reality.....dispute that.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by LongOne1(m): 11:14am On Sep 11, 2012
Mandelaguy: Business as usual how? When genuine efforts are being made,commend. For the first time in the history of this country,steady power supply is looking like a reality.....dispute that.

Whoa, slow down, my comment in no way expressed negativity. The lady asked a question, and I gave an honest answer - it will be business as usual for PHCN with regards to blackouts, e.t.c.

Ever heard the phrase ‘do not count your chickens before they are hatched ’? Well, I will give my commendation once we reach that ‘uninterrupted power supply heaven’, till then, permit me to give obvious answers.
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2012
Mtscheeeeeeeeeeew! undecided
Re: Nigeria To Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply From December – Presidency by Deprofessional(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
By December 2012 we will hear that power will stabilize from June 2013. Useless Government.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Robbed In UK Hotel / Must Watch: Another Community Tried To Carry Out Jungle Justice / WYESUREP, Public Misconception Or Politicians Deceits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.