Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Please Read This, It's For You - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Read This, It's For You (805 Views)

Corrupt Mail-"ANNUAL AWARDS/ DINNER PARTY". Please Read And Be Guided / Please Read Me / E-banking Users Beware! Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read This, It's For You by Andycool: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2008
My system Started behaving strange two days ago. It's always slow when performing operations and hangs at-times showing not responding. Even when I want to shut down with no program running it still tells me "Not Responding" until I have to click on "end now". I use Win XP Pro with fir-wall on for most applications. I also have a running Avast home edition Antivirus. I am suspecting this could be a virus. What should I Do?
Re: Please Read This, It's For You by Dagah: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2008
Helo, try clearing the cmos n c wat happens
Re: Please Read This, It's For You by uspry1(f): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2008
I have answered for you. Check your existing thread at following link below:

Strange Behavior
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104829.0.html
Re: Please Read This, It's For You by Andycool: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for all your contributions. I will try your suggestiions.

Thanks uspry1 . It displays not responding with the error warning "LSASS.EXE".
I first notice the problem when trying to copy an audio cd to windows media library.
Re: Please Read This, It's For You by uspry1(f): 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2008
I suspected that you did not scan anti-virus on your audio CD before download to your Windows media library folder. It helps to detect any virus attack to delete before proceeding download audio file to your Windows media library. Most people not doing scanning any external files such as downloaded files or CD FIRST before transmitting to your hard disk drive or folder.

You got fake "LSASSE.EXE", a virus, spyware, trojan or worm creating fake folder automatically without your knowledge and is the same Virus with same name below:
W32.Nimos.Worm - Symantec Corporation
W32.Sasser.E.Worm (Lsasss.exe) - McAfee
W32.HLLW.Lovgate.C@mm - Symantec Corporation

I recommend you taking your laptop or PC to the computer technician taking care of virus removal of "LSASSE.EXE" for you.

Otherwise, do run full system antispy and antivirus scanning, including free Spybot and/or Ad-aware to remove it. If the problem continues, there are a number of additional and more time-intensive fixes, many requiring the presence of your operating system’s installaton disc. Seek computer technician to help you.
Re: Please Read This, It's For You by darmys(f): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Creating Pdf Files / Network Problem Workgroup Or Domains / Could This Be Virus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.