Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Please Help Restore My System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help Restore My System (680 Views)

Please Help Me Restore My Flash Contents. / Help Restore Deleted Files / How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Restore My System by Andycool: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2008
My system Started behaving strange two days ago. It's always slow when performing operations and hangs at-times showing not responding. Even when I want to shut down with no program running it still tells me "Not Responding" until I have to click on "end now". I use Win XP Pro with fir-wall on for most applications. I also have a running Avast home edition Antivirus. I am suspecting this could be a virus. What should I Do?
Re: Please Help Restore My System by Ayinkus(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
Hi,
You need to give a bit more information as to what you might have changed or installed. You could boot into safe mode and note the processes running and then boot into normal Windows and do a comparism.

Avast is good, i use it myself so it does detect most virus signatures
Re: Please Help Restore My System by Andycool: 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for your concerned and contribution. . It displays not responding with the error warning "LSASS.EXE".
I first notice the problem when trying to copy an audio cd to windows media library.
Re: Please Help Restore My System by maxjax(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2008
Try doin a SYSTEM RESTORE, hope it works
Re: Please Help Restore My System by peejay(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2008
Hmm, ,
LSASS is a Windows component shown in error messages, often due to a virus infection such as Sasser. It exploits a recently patched vulnerability in lsass.exe. major infections would cause your computer to shut down in 60 seconds. but u didnt mention dat. wot u can do is copy the error message and past it in a google search. you'll surely get som helpful results.

tell me ur progress,
Re: Please Help Restore My System by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Jan 12, 2008
Try going to StartUp >> Run >> Type in MSCONFIG, When the Box shows up, Under GENERAL tAB, select Normal Start up, SELECT the Start UP tab and then click to Disable ALL and then Click apply and then OK, Allow the system to restart and if things improve, it could be that you have way too many start up programs enabled on your system and you may need to basically disable some or delete what you do not need to be running on your machine at all.
Re: Please Help Restore My System by Babinski: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2008
You could start by getting a good antivirus program like Kaspersky or Eset NOD32. A good numbers of worms and spyware imitate the names of standard Windows processes like LSASS.EXE and SVCHOST.EXE and your Avast may not be able to detect them.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get A Good Memory And A Cdrom To My P.c / Where They At? / Wirelss-lan Connection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.