Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? (4969 Views)

How Are You Coping Now You Are Married,but Not To The One You Called Your First? / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Scarpon(m): 1:19am On Sep 21, 2012
they saying=>
"Wow that baby is ugly. What the hell
happened. Both parents are attractive.
Just don't get it."
"THIS BABY IS NOT CUTE. MAYBE LATER
HE WILL GROW INTO CUTENESS. IT GOES
TO SHOW EVEN THOUGH ONE OF YOUR
PARENTS ARE CUTE YOU CAN STILL HAVE
A UGLY BABY."
Have you ever had to deal with someone
saying your kid isn't cute? How do you
deal?
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Gudintent: 6:18am On Sep 21, 2012
I have never come across a baby who isn't 'cute'
There is this innocence that babies have which makes them cute.

If someone calls ur baby ugly then they are calling u ugly, I can either tell them to take a hike or remove myself and my baby from their vicious tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Mrsmansson(f): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2012
Scarpon: they saying=>
Just don't get it."
A UGLY BABY."
deal?

Most people especially my friends,keep saying ur baby is not cute as you.what happened.who does she look like?her dad?or ur sisters or.I just got tired and now i reply them with "are u cute".i think it got to them,because most of them saying this are no where close to been pretty so all they say now is Cute baby"I love my baby girl.so pls just ignore whatever people say.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by horny4u(f): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin its not funny...

if someone said that to me.... I will tell them in a non aggressive way they are upsetting me and I prefer they stop.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by dominique(f): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2012
thats a very insinsitive thing to say, absolutely unecessary. if you cant say something nice, shut the hell up.

6 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by slimyem: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2012
Anyone who could says stuff like that about a baby to its parent's face is not to be hung around...and is to be totally ignored for all purposes!
Babies are beautiful and adorable always!!smiley

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by emilyone(f): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2012
such nasty statement could only be made by haters and enemies of ones progress
its always good to be careful around such people
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
If a person calls my child ugly,I would give her a name she would never forget.like a silly aunty used to call my younger brother king kong cos he was very very big.he weighed 5kg at birth,the name really pained my mum but she couldn't do anytin.so she decided to started playfully calling my aunty queen of apes.the name stock to her and till today.even my grandmother calls her quEen of apes till date.so I would frist be polite and tell the person to stop but if she doesn't she would land a nick name she would never forget in a hurray

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by maclatunji: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
horny4u: grin grin grin grin grin its not funny...

if someone said that to me.... I will tell them in a non aggressive way they are upsetting me and I prefer they stop.

Very sophisticated.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Scarpon(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
suggary: If a person calls my child ugly,I would give her a name she would never forget.like a silly aunty used to call my younger brother king kong cos he was very very big.he weighed 5kg at birth,the name really pained my mum but she couldn't do anytin.so she decided to started playfully calling my aunty queen of apes.the name stock to her and till today.even my grandmother calls her quEen of apes till date.so I would frist be polite and tell the person to stop but if she doesn't she would land a nick name she would never forget in a hurray
lol @ queen of apes
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
come on people!!!!!
as much as it is not nice to openly tell people that their kid is ugly, WE HAVE ALL MET SOMEONE WITH AN UGLY CHILD!!!!
i dont care how people want to put it, whether it be not so cute or special, some children out there are ugly......who are we kidding?

yes, most mothers will always see the beauty in their children, but that doesnt change the facts.
so YES we shouldnt say it aloud, but NO not all babies are cute.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
^I have not seen an ugly baby before. I have thought long and hard about it.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
^^ I guess we must live in different worlds then.....but here is a simple question to you:"if you've met some ugly adults, do you think they BECAME ugly as they grew older?!"

i think it has all to do with the dishonesty of people, and the strange belief that all babies are cute.....when some arent!
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by EfemenaXY: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2012
^^ Bros, I dey feel your swagger jor!

Don't even bother explaining yourself to the bunch of hypocrites called nlanders

They'll call anything "Cute" just to be politically correct... grin grin grin

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by tpia5: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
Op you are so perverted for real.

Someone said the child didnt take the parents' beauty but will do so later, and you now opened thread on nl?

Gosh, too many freaks in this place.

So you've never seen a not so good looking kid who grew up to become a dazzling beauty?

Dem say dem say na im go kill you sha.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Scarpon(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2012
if u attack my papa house, I'll retaliate but if
you are peace loving,I will embrace you
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Bros, I dey feel your swagger jor!
Don't even bother explaining yourself to the bunch of hypocrites called nlanders
They'll call anything "Cute" just to be politically correct... grin grin grin

politically (and religiously) correct indeed!
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by maclatunji: 6:24am On Sep 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^ I guess we must live in different worlds then.....but here is a simple question to you:"if you've met some ugly adults, do you think they BECAME ugly as they grew older?!"

i think it has all to do with the dishonesty of people, and the strange belief that all babies are cute.....when some arent!

Maybe you have seen more babies than I have, all I have said is that I haven't seen an ugly baby before. I am not counting those born with deformities.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Maybe you have seen more babies than I have, all I have said is that I haven't seen an ugly baby before. I am not counting those born with deformities.
lol! That reminds me of that movie i watched: "the curious case of benjamin buttons".
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by breathing(f): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2012
author=Gudintent:I have never come across a baby who isn't 'cute'
There is this innocence that babies have which makes them cute.

You haven't seen them yet. I agree that there's an innocence sha that won't just let you call a kid ugly. But kids that aint so cute, often grow up to be beautiful!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by tpia5: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
If a baby is called ugly, then its PARENTS need to change that perception.

End of, and no need for psychos to open senseless threads like i .diots.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by tpia5: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2012
i just dont know the kind of demonic illiterates wey full this place.

yet they are the ones who are very quick to open threads.

these are the same people who engage in "naming conventions"- ie asking others which names do you find ugly, which names must you never give your child, which names should we abuse today, etc.

makes me understand why some are calling for the separation of nigeria because some of these people are just too terribly uncivilized.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by grandstar(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
its wrong to tell someone his or her baby is ugly. Keep such an opinion to yourself.

Some years back, I was in Chicken Republic and there waa this Chinese couple. They had a baby that wasn't cute. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll love the baby less if he was in my care.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by nlPoster: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
It's wrong to expect to hear anything positive about yourself when you eavesdrop?

There's too much potential for misinformation. Very few people would call a baby ugly in front of the parents. But when you take eavesdropping as if the person is talking directly to you, it's not good. You dont give the offender the chance for ambiguity in meaning. Same applies to reading comments on social media or nairaland. It's not always necessarily what you think and sometimes taking offence is not the required response. Other times it is perhaps.

Having said that, all babies are cute, and they are more cute when the parents make sure of it by giving them love and attention, cuddling, etc. Babies respond to those.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by culf: 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
I don't have time for negative vibe around me. If it happens, I will say "thank you, I like my baby the way he/she is", simple

Thank God my baby is cute sha, too much cuteness..
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
Scarpon:
they saying=>
Just don't get it."
A UGLY BABY."
deal?

Well so long as you don’t buy tons of skineal, fungbact cream and other loads of steroidal and other bleaching creams? We are good. Any other reaction is pretty much okay (I guess)
Even the little punch in the face lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2019
That was how i went to one naming ceremony some time ago, when they brought the baby out, one irritating woman beside me just said "how will a new born baby be this black and ugly" in Yoruba, and her was voice was loud, she laughed after saying it o, imagine, every one turned to look at her, I was so embarrassed ehn, people should learn not to voice out their stupid thought, sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by nlPoster: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2019
What was the exact phrase you say the lady used please?

Yoruba doesnt have a word for ugly as far as I know. Neither would black be referred to as ugly, rather the parents would be asked about the baby's look if something seems off.

In any case, sometimes people can speak carelessly, I dont think you needed to bring tribe.
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by jieta: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
I still remember calling tiwa savage son ugly, but look at him now so cute and handsome

the point is as time goes on little children terms to look more beautiful and handsome.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by shestrong(f): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ure baby is so adorable is a better phrase than telling a mother her baby is ugly. Hian!
Re: What Would You Do If Someone Called Your Kid Ugly? by Mandela27: 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
Scarpon:
they saying=> "Wow that baby is ugly. What the hell happened. Both parents are attractive. Just don't get it." "THIS BABY IS NOT CUTE. MAYBE LATER HE WILL GROW INTO CUTENESS. IT GOES TO SHOW EVEN THOUGH ONE OF YOUR PARENTS ARE CUTE YOU CAN STILL HAVE A UGLY BABY." Have you ever had to deal with someone saying your kid isn't cute? How do you deal?
make we see picture first

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Guys, Please Step Up Your Game In The Bedroom!! / I Got A Job In Lagos: Am I A Bad Mother And Wife? / Love, Emotions And Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.