Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,406 members, 7,954,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50676 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2012
Jarus: Floor is hereby declared open for discussions on topics and debaters for November edition. Date remains November 24-25, 2012. 6-9pm Nigerian time.

Suggested topics:
1, State Police - are we ready for it?
2, Should FG negotiate with Boko Haram?
3, The Nigerian Legislative proceess as it stands now, can we achieve progress with it?
4, Parliamentary or Presidential system, which better suits Nigeria?

All subject to modification

More still welcome.

We have till Friday to decide.

State police.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by cheddarking(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
State Police

And I want to argue against
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2012
I will be the floor troubleshooter.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
State police... And I want to argue for the motion.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DonaldGenes(m): 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Am for aqainst negotiation with Boko haram
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Elebiju: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Against state police
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 19, 2012
Desola to me is sublime any list that is devoid of desola is incomplete.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2012
@Jarus and OAMJ, whats the latest?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jarus and I will conclude on the choice topic and the list of debaters hopefully before the end of tomorrow.

Please Judges, indicate your availability for Saturday and Sunday please.

Thanks.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
OAM4J: Jarus and I will conclude on the choice topic and the list of debaters hopefully before the end of tomorrow.

Please Judges, indicate your availability for Saturday and Sunday please.

Thanks.
See my mail.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2012
cheddarking: State Police

And I want to argue against

For failing to show up without any excuse after expressing interest in October edition, you're disqualified from thsi month's edition.

HNosegbe: State police... And I want to argue for the motion.
Shortlisted

Elebiju: Against state police

KingMEXX: Please Am interested in this debate and the topic state police even though its not been long i joined NL, but i've started donating my contributions to this politics section...Hope that validates me grin...

Not being regular posters here and us knowing practically nothing about you, can you (two of you)demonstrate to us that you have the intellectual depth to add value to the debate? No offence meant, we just want to live to the purpose of the exercise which is to raise intellectual bar of Nairaland Politics Section.

And can you spare 3 hours to take part? We can't afford to be disappointed again with knee-jerk expression of interest again.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
What's the topic of the debate and who are the contestants?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
Sorry Jarus and co. I will not be available to judge this debate as Thanksgiving is upcoming. I'm sure it'll be successful again. Best of luck to all!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
Jarus, Jarus, Jarus. How many times did I call you. I am interested in this month's debate. I am for State. Also for a Sovereign National Conference, if that topic is to be considered. At this time of Constitution Amendment, I think its highly topical. Let me know well in advance please, if you do happen to permit me to discuss these topics, so I can make the time. I am very passionate about these.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
O, and having said that, I think the question of zoning/ rotational presidency, would be a real hot topic in naija today. Please consider it as well. Cheers.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Alpet(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
Gud evening guruz................. I av bin following the politics section since I joined Nl. I want to participate in the debate and I want to argue against the STATE POLICE & NIGERIA LEGISLATIVE, anyone am shortlisted for.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2012
@ Cheddarking,
My apologies. You gave excuse. It was Afam that didn't. You are qualified.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2012
All those who have expressed interest in this topic should confirm:

1, their intention again and the side they would be arguing
2, that they will be available 6-9pm Nigeria time on Saturday
3, that they have the intellectual capacity to add value and flair to the exercise. We can't afford to have a dull exercise.

Deadline is 5pm Wednesday.

4 debaters, 2 arguing for, 2 arguing against.

Thank you
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 9:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2012
I hereby reconfirm my interest in arguing FOR state police in Nigeria. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be available for the stated time on Saturday.

Thank you mods.

2 Likes

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wondering why the section regulars are not throwing their hats into the ring.

Considering many have made positions for and against state police over the last few months.

Jarus & Oam4j,

Start calling folks out. grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Kilode1: 1:23am On Nov 21, 2012
Katsumoto: Wondering why the section regulars are not throwing their hats into the ring.

Considering many have made positions for and against state police over the last few months.

Jarus & Oam4j,

Start calling folks out. grin grin grin

I'll report myself, thank you. angry

Yes, I'm an advocate of State Police/Locally controlled Law enforcement. I have NL posts to prove it.

BUT: I'm not sure I can spend this weekend fine tuning a NL treatise, complete with 10 pages of references and a bibliography like the erudite Katz did last time grin

Cop out attempt: I'm no longer as regular. I can't spare this weekend, things are tight here abeg embarassed
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Nov 21, 2012
I am for using Aiyelala to police the states
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2012
So who're the debaters?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 8:22am On Nov 21, 2012
Kilode?!:

Yes, I'm an advocate of State Police/Locally controlled Law enforcement. I have NL posts to prove it.

BUT: I'm not sure I can spend this weekend fine tuning a NL treatise, complete with 10 pages of references and a bibliography like the erudite Katz did last time grin

Cop out attempt: I'm no longer as regular. I can't spare this weekend, things are tight here abeg embarassed

My predicament also. Abegii katz na something else. i read his stuffs till my sockets popped out.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2012
I hereby call out ILUGUNBOY to come and argue AGAINST state police, based on his comment in this thread on Nov 13:

Just as they say that Nigeria is not ripe for State police...I will also say that Nigeria is not equally ripe for the abolition of the Indigene-Settler policy.

Until we trust ourselves well enough on little things...then the policy stays.
https://www.nairaland.com/1101758/arewa-abolish-indigene-settler-policy#12949425

Oya, the man from Egba should come and formally defend his position o. Whoever comes across him should tell him he is wanted here o

I'm going back to dig up more history.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
Kilode?!:

Demdem:

My predicament also. Abegii katz na something else. i read his stuffs till my sockets popped out.

Hahahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jarus: All those who have expressed interest in this topic should confirm:

1, their intention again and the side they would be arguing
2, that they will be available 6-9pm Nigeria time on Saturday
3, that they have the intellectual capacity to add value and flair to the exercise. We can't afford to have a dull exercise.

Deadline is 5pm Wednesday.

4 debaters, 2 arguing for, 2 arguing against.

Thank you

Confirmed, available.

For State Police.

For SNC.

Any other topics?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2012
dayokanu: I am for using Aiyelala to police the states

Lol. I have this friend who always uses this term "aiyelala" as an exclamation. what the hell does it mean? ? ?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by InesQor(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

Confirmed, available.

For State Police.

For SNC.

Any other topics?
I almost never post outside the religion board but I'll try to be here to watch you do your thing on Saturday smiley
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
InesQor:
I almost never post outside the religion board but I'll try to be here to watch you do your thing on Saturday smiley

If i'm selected, that is!

Longest time my dear friend, how you dey? Hit me up by email joor. cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (37) (Reply)

Tinubu Receives Certificate Of Return As President-Elect / When The Inspector General Is Your Friend (hilarious Photos) / Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.