Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles (16666 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Pep: Don't Write Off Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by lakeside025(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2012
Following the Confederation of African Football Federation announcement of African Nations Cup draws slated for October 24th in Durban, the Ghana fans are already counting their chickens before being hatched saying the Nigeria’s Super Eagles would not pose any problems to the Black Stars if they are drawn in the same group with their team.

Ghanaians on the net while reacting to the group seeding posted by CAF on their site maintained that Nigeria’s feat against Liberia would not give the Black Stars any sleepless night as they have a solid team to handle the Stephen Keshi led team.

Some of their fans recalled that they have been having upper hands over the Nigerian team in the recent time and as such they are not in the same class with the Eagles.

Hear them: “ It will be better for Nigeria to meet Ghana at the group stage than the quarter or semi final stage because we will eliminate them when they cross our path, we kicked them out at AFCON 2008 and 2010. And we will do it again if they dare…”

“ We eliminate them at quarter final in 2008 semi final in 2010. We will surely whip them when we meet again. In fact, Ghana is the last team they should be hoping to meet. As for Ivory Coast, they have beaten Nigeria twice in their last two encounters”, the Ghanaians boasted.

Meanwhile, the dou of Elderson Echijile and Efe Ambrose had played down on the possibility of both team clashing at the group stage of the championship.

The players only expressed confidence that they would hold their own against any team in the competition saying they equally have respect for the other teams as well but they were not afraid of them.

“ They are good teams but they are beatable as well. We have quality players that can take the team far in the tournament too”, Echijile enthused.

“After all we were in the same group with Egypt in 2010 yet will still qualify from the group. So, there was no cause for alarm”, the players declared.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2012
Ok
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by hamsky: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2012
I also don't believe in super eagles anymore
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by laksides: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2012
U will beat nigeria only if steven keshi stick with the old plaYers, but the likes of moses, musa, uche, joel obi and co, ur papa no fit

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nwoka(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2012
The empty drum makes the loudest noise!! #okBye
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2012
[size=15pt] #Black Stars cool[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by snoopy(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Indeed, Gone are the days where whenever Nigeria is mentioned in the football world, opponents tremble and quiver in an uncontrollable fit of nagging fear!.....even highly rated european teams, Now this is what our beloved team has been reduced to, where even lowly rated teams like malawi could stand and tell us we are "merely living on past glory" so sad.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Todaynatoday: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2012
See the way dem dey talk like say na dem go enter field play the match but na true talk sha, dem go beat Nigeria if dem meet.

If you are going to watch the "super eagles" play, please make sure ur Doctor is nearby!!
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Abujafood: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2012
By the Time super eagles beat them BLACK and Blue, they'll see STARS

18 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by sylve11: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
Talk is cheap. cool

1 Like

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
snoopy[b:
]Indeed, Gone are the days where whenever Nigeria is mentioned in the football world, opponents tremble and quiver in an uncontrollable fit of nagging fear!.....even highly rated european teams,[/b] Now this is what our beloved team has been reduced to, where even lowly rated teams like malawi could stand and tell us we are "merely living on past glory" so sad.

..Bro...that never happened...

You are clearly delusional.

Yeah, you guys got cheated by Argentina years back..but that was a washed up Argentina Side and they weren't even that good in the first place.

"Tremble"?!?...

...When....lol

1 Like

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Youngzedd(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
hamsky: I also don't believe in super eagles anymore

I don't pay to watch Naija match to avoid vex and lossing two things (the match and money).

Lets see what they can acheive this time around.

As for the watch I will watch online via livescores.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Jyde89: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2012
O ghana ghana ghana, alway's so obsessed about the super eagle's, my advise is for them not to worry untill we meet them; then they can start peeing in thier pant's.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by chrisxxx(m): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2012
The Super Eagles I used to know in the early 90s was a team that had no competitor in Africa only in South America and Europe. What has become of our darling team is still a mystery to decipher.
I remember somebody on hearing the outcome of the last Nig vs Lib. match scores of 6:1 was still inquisitive to know who scored 6 and which team scored 1.
I was so embarrassed. Does it mean that this guy has lost trust in Eagles that possibility might be that Liberia would score Eagles 6 on Nigerian soil.
Ghana I fail to blame you people. There could be another Yekini et al.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by 2pmstcharles(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Flood is my problem no garri in ebonyi because of flood victims. Nxt yr nawa o! Ok 9ja n ghana ko
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Demdem(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2012
Abegiii, super Chicken is still living in past glory jorrrr
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by mrperfect(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2012
Well, their opinion is noted.
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by safarigirl(f): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2012
Let's be sincere, Ghanaians have caught the Nigerian bug, the one where you believe you can and will win every eediot that has the guts to step in your way, but Nigerians have long been cured from that disease, now we believe that underestimating one's opponent is the greatest mistake in football.

These Ghanaians should not forget that they threatened to bulldoze Mali in last year's AFCON, we all know how that turned out, this same Ghana that threatened to sweep USA away in 2010 World Cup quarter-finals, we also know how that ended, the sooner Ghanaians learn to shut their trap and watch the game, the better for their football which is honestly starting to lose steam in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2012
Ghana Has more West African Flavor and Style than Nigeria....

When i hear Ghana, i think of Ashanti Kings and Queens....Akan Royalty

When i hear Ghana, i think of the Descendants from the Ancient Ghana Empire from Present Day Mali

When i hear Ghana, i think of fine chocolate women with strong thick facial features, and Giant West African Butts.

smiley

When i hear Nigeria, I think of overly religious Islamic extremist

When i hear Nigeria, I think of 60 year old transvestite rap artist

When i hear Nigeria, I hear Tonto Dike "Hi" song.........Oh My God...

When i hear Nigeria, I think of Scams

When i hear Nigeria, I think of niqqahs who can't shoot or play basketball

When i hear Nigeria, i think of underachiever

sad

...Ghana Black Stars Baby....

What an Awesome Name for a Football Club....

"The Black Stars"

...It doesn't get any better than that fam

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by rastamouse: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2012
What rubbish is this? Were you expecting them to say they are scared of Nigeria?
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by 190theclown: 11:32am On Oct 19, 2012
atleast thank God dey didn't complain about Nigerian girls grin grin
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by snoopy(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2012
~Royal~:

..Bro...that never happened...

You are clearly delusional.

Yeah, you guys got cheated by Argentina years back..but that was a washed up Argentina Side and they weren't even that good in the first place.

"Tremple"?!?...

...When....lol
Bro clearly you've not been an avid follower of Nigerian football, Yes! There was a time when opponents TREMBLE at the thought of facing Nigeria, particularly African teams. A time when Nigeria was ranked 4th best team in the world, a time when the great pele predicted that Nigeria would be the first African team to lift the coveted world trophy, a time when world football pundits rated Nigeria as the second most entertaining team in the world after Brazil. You also probably were not a football follower where in france 98, the bulgaria press was awash with panic before we faced them after the shocking defeat of spain coupled with the still fresh success of Atlanta 96. And for you to claim an argentine team that had a maradona, batistuta, aimar pablo etc as washed up, You my friend are obviously new in the football scheme of things

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2012
Is this the same Pele who predicted freddy adu would be the greatest player of the modern game...

....That same Pele?

..oh
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2012
190-the-clown:
atleast thank God dey didn't complain about Nigerian girls grin grin

Epic Fail

1 Like

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Anybody with a brain would have predicted Nigeria to be The first african team to win the world cup....

It isn't going to happen though

It's going to be either ghana or ivory coast in the near future
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by 190theclown: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2012
safarigirl: Let's be sincere, Ghanaians have caught the Nigerian bug, the one where you believe you can and will win every eediot that has the guts to step in your way, but Nigerians have long been cured from that disease, now we believe that underestimating one's opponent is the greatest mistake in football.

These Ghanaians should not forget that they threatened to bulldoze Mali in last year's AFCON, we all know how that turned out, this same Ghana that threatened to sweep USA away in 2010 World Cup quarter-finals, we also know how that ended, the sooner Ghanaians learn to shut their trap and watch the game, the better for their football which is honestly starting to lose steam in Africa.

THIS SPACE IS FOR GHANIAN RESPONSE
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by 190theclown: 11:38am On Oct 19, 2012
~Royal~:

Epic Fail

Ur father undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2012
EVEN NIGERIANS HAVE WRITTEN OFF THE Super CHICKENS EAGLES
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Destindave(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2012
The Same Ghana that Zambia trashed out of the last Afcon..mtchew Ghana dey fumble.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2012
Nigerians seem to be a bit jealous of Ghanaians....

How come?
Re: Ghana Fans Write-Off Super Eagles by PROSPERS1(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2012
Who sabi Ghana for football wey den dey talk rubbish. I don't blame them nah Super Eagle i go blame. Let wait till nations cup be fore dey go no who be baba of Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame / Super Eagles To Pocket $10,000 Each For Egypt, Sudan Wins / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.