Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

IT Salaries? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / IT Salaries? (1218 Views)

Lets expose Companies that Owes Salaries, Discriminates Or Slanders Staff / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IT Salaries? by us2nigeria: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2008
Hello nairalanders,

I was born and raised in the US, but am moving to Abuja in three weeks.  My father and husband were born in Nigeria so I'm a dual citizen that has spent time in Nigeria, but there are still many things I don't know about life there.  For one, I have worked as a consultant in the IT industry for nearly 10 years and have a Master's degree in Information Systems.  I am now looking for a job in Nigeria, but don't know what I should expect in terms of salary for someone with my educational and professional background.  I'm hoping someone here could tell me.  As a consultant I would implement, train on, and provide technical support for ERP applications as well as do project management and business process re-engineering.  In the US I would make around $90,000 USD per year or more depending on the amount of travel involved.  Now, I know I can't expect to earn that much in Nigeria, but I don't know what I should expect or how to make sure I'm negotiating a good salary in Nigeria.  What say ye?
Re: IT Salaries? by mudom(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2008
I think you can earn that muc h and even more, depending on your responsibility, qualification, relevant experience, and the establishment/industry.

$90k is equivalent to =N=10m, I have colleagues out here who earn between =N=10-20m, working for multinationals, and telecoms operator in Lagos.

All the best.
Re: IT Salaries? by us2nigeria: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2008
Thanks for the info mudom!
Re: IT Salaries? by Ahmadtjk(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2008
send me your a mail may be can work out some thing, we going to start recruiting soon.
to ahmadtjk@yahoo.com
Re: IT Salaries? by shawn123: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2008
Ahmadtjk:

send me your a mail may be can work out some thing, we going to start recruiting soon.
to ahmadtjk@yahoo.com

hi do not send your resume to anybody, this is how fraud takes place, if you are recruiting then send give her a company email like someone@companyname.com. Please do not respond to people like this k. with 10 years experience you could get a managerial level job. 10 yeas experience in the IT industry is no joke, am also in the IT industry and i know exactly what that means. just like someone said you can get that much and even more in the telecoms industry, alot of us are in it dear. PLEASE dont listen to anyone that asks you for c.v or anything like that to a personal email address. People that can afford to pay you are multinational companies, all you would need to do is go to their website and apply for a job role there are always vacancies especially for people like you with this level of qualifications and experience. I repeat do not listen to any individual asking you to send your cv, the next thing they will be asking you for is a processing fee and all sort. My dear watch out for what we call 419, it just simply means frauding innocent people mostly using the white collar job industry as a disguise but definately not connected to the organisation.
try this for starters got to www.mtnonline.com go to the career page and register you would see some opportunities that fits your qualifications. also try www.celtel.com and select Nigeria you will find some vacancies. You would find alot of opportunities in Nigeria, its a fertile country that needs professionals like you. Good luck
Re: IT Salaries? by us2nigeria: 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2008
Thank you for looking out for a sista shawn123. I had no intention of responding to Ahmadtjk. He must have overlooked the part of the email of where I explained I American AND NIGERIAN. I know 419 when I see it, na wow! grin
Re: IT Salaries? by mishooo(m): 11:50am On Jan 29, 2008
shawn123 has said it all. am in IT industry too and 10yrs aint no joke at all. apart from MTN, CELTEL & GLO try some oil/Gas industry too. you'll discover you'll be paid more here than in the U.S. IF YOU ARE PATIENT AND NOT IN A HASTE TO GET A JOB AT ALL COST.

Why dont you google out current vacancy in naija (by putting month&year) and choose from multinationals and big coys. Am sure it wouldn't be long for you to start your own consultancy outfit. grin
Re: IT Salaries? by eduaustin(m): 1:26pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ Poater,
Most of those that posted here have said it all. Am an IT person myself and most tell you that with that level of Experience you can get a job here that will pay you same or even more than that amount. The big telecom companies here can and also the big oil companies too will offer you more.If you aint in a hurry to get a job try submitting your CV's to www.mtnonline.com(you will have to register and also send a hard copy of your cv to their head office),www.celtel.com, www.gloworld.com.the oils coys like mobil,chevron,shell etc.I wish you all the best.
Re: IT Salaries? by us2nigeria: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2008
Thank you edu_austin and mishooo for the encouragement and advice. I look forward to the move to Nigeria and working with my people. It may be the first time in my professional career where I've had a black colleague! God bless you all!
Re: IT Salaries? by donP1: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2008
first of all i think you actually made the rite decision to want to come to nigeria to work.secondily i.t guys are making serious money ova here especially the engineers.As long as you have some i.t certifications with your degrees you would be shocked how much you would earn, firms like mtn,celtel,glo pay mouth watering offers to there staffs of your level, visafone pays ova 30million to people of your class, so what are you saying, all you need is do your home work well and the sky is your limit.i strongly believe you would get offers more than 10m per annum thats small, take care,but go through the rite sources ok, i work with visafone
Re: IT Salaries? by pilgrim1(f): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
shawn123:

hi do not send your resume to anybody, this is how fraud takes place, if you are recruiting then send give her a company email like someone@companyname.com.   Please do not respond to people like this k. with 10 years experience you could get a managerial level job. 10 yeas experience in the IT industry is no joke, am also in the IT industry and i know exactly what that means. just like someone said you can get that much and even more in the telecoms industry, alot of us are in it dear.  PLEASE don't listen to anyone that asks you for c.v or anything like that to a personal email address. People that can afford to pay you are multinational companies, all you would need to do is go to their website and apply for a job role there are always vacancies especially for people like you with this level of qualifications and experience. I repeat do not listen to any individual asking you to send your cv, the next thing they will be asking you for is a processing fee and all sort. My dear watch out for what we call 419, it just simply means frauding innocent people mostly using the white collar job industry as a disguise but definately not connected to the organisation.
try this for starters got to www.mtnonline.com    go to the career page and register you would see some opportunities that fits your qualifications. also try www.celtel.com and select Nigeria you will find some vacancies. You would find alot of opportunities in Nigeria, its a fertile country that needs professionals like you. Good luck

You made good sense here! Applause! smiley
Re: IT Salaries? by okas: 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2008
Talking about Visa phone I did an interview with them about a month ago. Do you have any information regarding recruitment for shop consultants

(1) (Reply)

Info About Computer Warehouse Group / Paymaster Limited Is Recruiting Marketers / Neiti Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.