Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com (894 Views)

7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace / How To Create Click-able Links In Your Comments On Other Blogs / 6 Professional Ways To Handle Comments On Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com by devine8: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
Guys and gals,

Check out our new online product - www.nigerianebusiness.com - and please. give us feedback. It's work in progress, some sections are not yet completed.

Thanks.

Devine
Re: Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com by my2cents(m): 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2008
u might want to look into the following (and yes, I know "some sections are not yet completed" tongue):

1) missing images. case in point: http://www.nigerianebusiness.com/newimage/ARROW2A.gif

2) Long response time b/w pages- might have to do with your DB. (Thinking off the top of my head) You might want to check your queries. Also, have you done any load/stress tests?

3) Why implement the state search links as an image map?

4) There seems to be a lot of info squeezed into a tiny space. Case in point: categories under the states image map. Also, I had to squint to read content.

5) Images don't appear to be optimized. Case in point: on http://www.nigerianebusiness.com/showc.asp?cno=040345UYPCS2E664TOW734U26C752YY7, the water cooler size is not the same as what i see when I 'view image': http://www.nigerianebusiness.com/store_images/s040345UYPCS2E664TOW734U26C752YY7/040345UYPCS2E664TOW734U26C752YY7-1.jpg

6) Under browse categories, it might help to tack on the number of items available. That way, I don't hv to actually click on the links only to find out there is nothing there

7) when i conducted a search, I typed "TV" but was told it was, "too short or less than 3 xters". y not let the user determine what is too short? besides, what if I don't know how to spell television? Worse case, take me to a page that offers suggestions as far as what i am searching for. I am thinking Amazon here.

cool I would move "other categories", "gold suppliers" and (especially) "advertisers" up to the top, preferably in a right column. For the latter, I would want to believe that advertisers would want to pay you to place the ad where people would see it wink

I hope these help.
Re: Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com by devine8: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2008
my2cents! Thanks a million. comments noted and working on implementing them.
Re: Comments On www.nigerianebusiness.com by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
my2cents:

7) when i conducted a search, I typed "TV" but was told it was, "too short or less than 3

xters". y not let the user determine what is too short? besides, what if I don't know

how to spell television?
Worse case, take me to a page that offers suggestions as far

as what i am searching for. I am thinking Amazon here.

lol, good sense of humour

my2cents said it all

let me see, let me see, hmmm, hmm, yes!

1. I clicked the audio/video category then clicked on VCD Players and i decided to switch

tabs and read my yahoomail, i finished reading my mail, now am back. but funny, i cant

figure where i am, i can remember i clicked audio video but cant remember the sub category

i am viewing because i can't see a breadcrumb (Home page -> Section page -> Subsection page).

2. Why not dynamically bury the current category name of the category/sub-categories

section within your title tag to make them search engine friendly just like you did here
http://www.nigerianebusiness.com/showc.asp?cno=1446121G830N4YYT0W1A5TCOXJB7M220

so the page title for the vcd players page will be

Nigerian-E-Business - Audio $ Video/Vcd Players

3. The logo, I know you can do better than that

That all i can see.

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters Please I Need Help In My Ste / Goo / How Do I Create A Blogsite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.