Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms (859 Views)

Windows 8 Eats Up Bandwidth/data unInformed , Solutions / Post You Computer Problems For Free Advice / Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms by DivineOke(f): 4:44am On Jan 31, 2008
Hi guys,

I just got a starcomm table top phone here in abuja for dial up service. The maximum bandwidth I should get as a user is 115.2kbps

but the maximum I get is 8kbps which is terrible. I downloaded some bandwidth managers which tell me how much traffic is flowing.I

could see up to at least 70kbps and if I run a bandwidth test online, I get between 40 and 70kbps. I use free download manager but

my download speed is never more than 8kbps. I was asked by their administrator to turn off my firewall and uninstall norton antivirus

which I did. I installed kaspersky but the problem persists. Can anybody tell me what I can do to increase the bandwidth.
Re: Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms by DualCore1: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2008
8 kb/s is just about the best u can get with that table top. at nights i could clock 10kb/s when i used to use it. i went to buy their evdo and their mdc pcmcia cards. the mdc card is same as the table top in terms of speed and all that, but i clock 13kb/s over the night. the starcomms evdo is just about the best thing they have, i get 50kb/s during the day and more than 70kb/s at night. the down speed of the evdo is ok but the up speed is silly, 5kb/s
Re: Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms by texazzpete(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2008
@Dual Core
You're in Ph, right? Have you come across anyone using hyperia's wimax? I'm trying to benchmark against EVDo speeds.
Sadly no coverage in my area sef.
Re: Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms by texazzpete(m): 11:57am On Jan 31, 2008
@Dual Core
You're in Ph, right? Have you come across anyone using hyperia's wimax? I'm trying to benchmark against EVDo speeds.
Sadly no coverage  in my area sef.
Re: Bandwidth Problems For Starcomms by DualCore1: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2008
texazzpete:

@Dual Core
Sadly no coverage in my area sef.

yea i'm in ph, but i havnt come across any that uses the hyperia wimax

(1) (Reply)

Pc Or A Labtop / Universal 3g Internet Modem For Sale / U.k Sim And U.s Number 2 In 1 Sim For Sale: Call 080-34489191

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.