Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem (2317 Views)

Help! My Audi A4 Takes Too Much Fuel!! / PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 / How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by obimechyahooc: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'm vw/a mechanic in Enugu Nigeria I'm new here I just bought a second hand A6 which has transmisson fault I did OBD check code read torque converter stuck off when driving the gear do not select PLEASE help me ASAP
Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 10, 2012
obimech@yahoo.c:
I'm vw/a mechanic in Enugu Nigeria I'm new here I just bought a second hand A6 which has transmisson fault I did OBD check code read torque converter stuck off when driving the gear do not select PLEASE help me ASAP

For starters, basic details will help.

*Model year?
*Engine size?
*What code did you pull?

The display that shows what gear your in - PRNDS - are all the characters illuminated?
Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by obimechyahooc: 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2013
sorry my bro I did not check my mail
sorry my bro I check gear ECU it soak with water Bought new ECU with the same number the PRND light showed went off I did scan on the car it shows multi function switch What the car does now The gear will change normal for 5 min drive it disengauges and start driving with changing The car is audi a6 1999 model v6 saloon

i
Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 24, 2013
obimech@yahoo.c:
sorry my bro I did not check my mail
sorry my bro I check gear ECU it soak with water Bought new ECU with the same number the PRND light showed went off I did scan on the car it shows multi function switch What the car does now The gear will change normal for 5 min drive it disengauges and start driving with changing The car is audi a6 1999 model v6 saloon

Transmission is dropping into limp mode, transmission range switch is dead, and needs replacement. Continous driving in limp mode will kill your transmission.
Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by obimechyahooc: 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
thanks my dear pls what is transmission range switch and where is it located on the audi a6 1999 model
Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by alphaconde(m): 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
I use that car. I will strongly advice you do a conversion to manual drive.
Mine started like this and since d conversion I now have rest of mind. The car mover terribly well. The transmission problem is so common with that car. So think about it.

Re: My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem by whytnblack: 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
alpha conde: I use that car. I will strongly advice you do a conversion to manual drive.
Mine started like this and since d conversion I now have rest of mind. The car mover terribly well. The transmission problem is so common with that car. So think about it.

Where did you get the gear changed please?

(1) (Reply)

The Current Most Expensive Car In The World / Think You Know Cars?...name This Brand. / Ia This Car Economical???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.