Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,750 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Knowledge Is Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Knowledge Is Needed (958 Views)

Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It / Test Your Knowledge Of Excel On This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Knowledge Is Needed by SayoMarvel(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2008
Please I know we have a lot of intelligent people here and i want to know what does it take to be an hacker. Then what does it take to break encryptions.
Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by skima(m): 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
Simple! to break something you must know how it was built. that is to say you must be good enuf to build something like that. you must be able to think beyond the base of the program in question.

Its good to go the good way, do ethical hacking instead of criminal hacking that will save your life!
Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by skima(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2008
you still need to know that hacking could mean to know how things work in order to add more features to it or make it better. so hacking does not literarily "Mean" breaking into unauthorized program.
Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by juintade(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
i do agree with skima, I hack once in a while but not network, but libraries (AJAX, Flex, etc) and modify it for my own use.

@poster: what are u really trying to become an hacker in?

A friend once told me that if u ask how to become and hacker, then you probably do not have the potential to become one, please don't ask me if it makes sense or not

Start with this link
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by oye829(f): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2008
juintade:

i do agree with skima, I hack once in a while but not network, but libraries (AJAX, Flex, etc) and modify it for my own use.

@poster: what are u really trying to become an hacker in?

A friend was told me that if u ask how to become and hacker, then you probably do not have the potential to become one, please don't ask me if it makes sense or not

Start with this link
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by SayoMarvel(m): 10:27am On Feb 12, 2008
What is ethical hacking? How can someone hack into libraries to modify its contents for his own good use? I'm not intrested in criminal hacking. I've sworn an oath when learning networking not to do criminal hacking with my knowledge and my personal decision is not to become a criminal hacker. But I've been noticing some hands on my e-mail and when I know who it is, i want to take revenge. If you've learnt networking, you will know that revenge is the most dangerous security treat. I'm not trying to become a criminal hacker!!!
Re: What Knowledge Is Needed by Kfada(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21, 2008
why do you want to be a hacker. you'd better think of something better to do cheesy cool

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Help For Application,Software Programming / Lets Meet Watson I.b.m Supercomputer / Who Can Crack This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.