Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,705 members, 7,840,752 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

It Is Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It Is Polytechnics (432 Views)

Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria / Top Best 10 Polytechnics In Science In Nigeria / Website adress of private polytechnics in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Polytechnics by Emyo(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
I see no reason why nigeria still have Polytechnics.
Jamb have proved that those below their given standards should be pushed into Nigeria Polytechnics.
But why?
Why is it those below standards?

polytechnics
had be known to be

An institution of higher education offering courses in [b]vocational or technical subjects
By

Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

Then having known the large purpose of this institution, i think Nigerians metality ranging from the mindset of aspirants through their families and Rectors of institution through governmental policy have done nigerian educational system worst than ignorant could do.

This thread will be incomplete if i fail to point out the criticism in the labour populace.
Employers have indirectly done more harm then good to graduates and post secondary aspirant.

The bank (Lolz) is no left out...i decided to point The bank out of the labour market, in their bid to keep more and give out less have put technicians in the place of management. Lol.

lease this thread is to provide answers to

Do we nigeria still need polytecnics?

Can't Bechalor in Technology be award in universities? Whereas universities can award e.Du.

From my point of view Nig. gov't is naglecting the value of HND holder's and puting the numbers of unemployed force on the Bsc holder's
The crave to become a uni graduate is alarming, and have great impact on Nigeria and its employment rate.

To me its unfair and unjust because its not anybody that holds Bsc knows better then HND holder which nigeria gov't feld to understand therefore, my reason behind this is thread,

certificate its not true test of intectuality by aquiring Bsc dose't mean you can perform better in the task asigned to you.
The greatest fear is that if the nigerian gov't continue to accept this Bsc/HND dichotomy, in the future people will abondon going to polytechnics to obtain HND because it would be consider as waste of time they would have to go to the universitties and obtain their Bsc as the case may be.

It is a call to stake holders in education to look into this and correct the lacuna.

The body responsible for this, should take this issue into consideration and find a suitable and everlasting solution to the appropariate problems
and not by allowing jamb to dogde the question by Unifying Jamb.

Of course Jamb knew the market for poly jambitoes was now a trial after Uni jamb failure.

Jamb knew they were no passion to be known as a poly student.

Jamb knew the trust that they were no real poly aspirants.

The future is now.
Re: It Is Polytechnics by Emyo(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
Do we nigeria still need polytecnics?

Can't Bechalor in Technology be award in universities? Whereas universities can award e.Du.

Jamb have proved that those below their given standards shouldbe pushed into Nigeria Polytechnics.
But why?

Why is it those below standards?

(1) (Reply)

Uniosun Matriculation Ceremony To Hold On 20th November For 2012/2013 / Unilorin Admissiom / Forms For Maritime And Ict Are Still Obtainable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.