Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (989 Views)

Need To Build And Host A Forum / Who Can Create And Host A Blog For Me? / Host A Website For Just N200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by VLadipo: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2012
Re: . by mastere3: 4:16am On Nov 14, 2012
Re: . by rufaai(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2012
V.Ladipo:
By web application, I mean applications like facebook,2go,eskimi,Nairaland (is it?) etc.

Where do you prefer and why?

You should consider going for an affordable VPS. Shared hosting will not last long for such kind of websites, unless you want to make a short term experiment before going for a VPS. For a start, you can use shared hosting though!

You should consider www.gigalayer.com for either of the VPS or Shared Hosting. You can always move to a Dedicated Server free of charge.
Re: . by VLadipo: 1:23am On Nov 15, 2012
rufaai:

You should consider going for an affordable VPS. Shared hosting will not last long for such kind of websites, unless you want to make a short term experiment before going for a VPS. For a start, you can use shared hosting though!

You should consider www.gigalayer.com for either of the VPS or Shared Hosting. You can always move to a Dedicated Server free of charge.

Thanks bro.

But are the servers these indigenous hosting companies located in Nigeria?
Re: . by rufaai(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2012
V.Ladipo:

Thanks bro.

But are the servers these indigenous hosting companies located in Nigeria?

No, GigaLayer servers are US Based.
Re: . by VLadipo: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2012
rufaai:

No, GigaLayer servers are US Based.

Thank you.

Hence, wouldn't it be better then to hook up directly with the foreign hosting companies with these servers rather than go through their Nigerian resellers?

What I wanted was a Nigerian hosting company with home based servers.I wanted something close to me.

I guess its all a pipe dream.

I am already a member of a foreign web hosting company.I am currently using their free domain and hosting service. I may as well upgrade to a more sophisticated service of theirs when the time comes.

(1) (Reply)

My Newly Hosted Wordpress Website, How Much Can You Guys Pay For It????? / Top Place Where To Register Your Website For Free... / Please How Can I Customise A Custom Blogger Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.