Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz (39312 Views)

Checkout The Features Of The Mercedes-benz 2017 E-class / What Is The Difference Between SOHC And DOHC Engines And Which Is Better? / Mercedes-benz E-class Coupé - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by BlessedChild1: 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
Dear
Who can tell me the difference between the classes of Benz? Which one has the most efficient fuel economy, why one is more durable, which one is pocket friendly for maintenance and which is best for our roads.

Do help if you have any information.

Thanks
Blessed Child

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Blessed Child: Dear
Who can tell me the difference between the classes of Benz? Which one has the most efficient fuel economy, why one is more durable, which one is pocket friendly for maintenance and which is best for our roads.

Thanks
Blessed Child

C and E denote the platform the cars are built upon. The C class is smaller than the E class, the S class is the largest Mercedes-Benz, and the A class is the smallest.

Fuel economy? I can't answer that with any degree of accuracy, as it would depend upon the engines fitted.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by skyfall: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
Car models are designed for specific target markets. Driver's age, affordability, tastes, parking garage size (yes!) etc are some of the criteria used.

The C is targeted at younger people who are buying their first Benzes and who have lower budgets. Thus it has fewer luxury features than the E which is targeted at older buyers, more like an Executive model.

The E also has more luxury features, options and costs higher because it's believed that money is not an issue to this class of buyers.

Compare them with the Corolla & Camry. A company will usually buy Corollas for the junior staff, & Camrys for mid-level mgt. Senior mgt may get Landcruisers.

As per running costs, it'll usually depend on engine capacity as Siena has said.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Eyop: 8:34am On Nov 29, 2012
The C Class are very easy to maintain compared to the E class and in regards to fuel consumption,it all depends on the engine capacity of the vehicle you are buying. Also the C is compact in size while the E is larger in size.
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Trac: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2012
f you are contemplating a C Class, I'll recommend two generations (depending on your budget). The first generation ('93 - 2000 and the third generation (2007 to -- avoid the 272 motor). The second generation is an "episode" on its own. The third generation is the first luxury C Class and has a lot of expensive repairs to it. It has S Class technology to it (as MB stated). The previous did not have, so the lowest you could get were the E Classes. The third generation C Class is a significant improvement over the two previous models and the exterior itself is made of some high-strength composite steel. It is the first C Class that rides benzy. The previous are not as refined.

Avoid a 2003-2005 E Classes. They are very cheap and tempting. It's safe to conclude they were experimental models.

Eyop: The C Class are very easy to maintain compared to the E class and in regards to fuel consumption,it all depends on the engine capacity of the vehicle you are buying. Also the C is compact in size while the E is larger in size.

The C is not easy to maintain than an E Class. It is as every typical Mercedes. It's about the same and the parts are not much in difference (if not the same). The engine and transmission (except the high pressured displacements) are the same in the S Classes as well. Power is "re-arreanged" and other factors taken into place to compensate for the extra tonnes. The same power-trains are in the E Classes as well. There are less issues to deal with but it isn't quantifiable enough to base a choice upon. The issues on a particular engine will be on all the generation model fitted with the particular engine. The electrical issues/problems are as complicated as other models. A qualified person with experience has to work on it because diagnosing can be clumsy and from experience, a particular problem may not be the problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Eyop: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
Trac thanks for the analysis between the E class and the C class. Can you further explain on which models based on your experience that one can purchase because to my understanding the higher the engine capacity the higher the cost of maintenance and even fuelling. The 1.8 litre engine C class seems to be easier to maintain compared to the 2.6,3.2litre engines which is a V6.
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by pleep(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
The C-class is the Mercedes for broke people, Its basically a glorified compact car. Cheaper, better fuel economy, but less luxury.

The E- Class is more powerfull, luxurious and expensive

The S- class is the most powerful, luxurious and expensive car in the normal Mercedes sedan lineup
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by tampa1871: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
Eyop: Trac thanks for the analysis between the E class and the C class. Can you further explain on which models based on your experience that one can purchase because to my understanding the higher the engine capacity the higher the cost of maintenance and even fuelling. The 1.8 litre engine C class seems to be easier to maintain compared to the 2.6,3.2litre engines which is a V6.

The most accurate answer for this thread has been given above by the Oracle, Mr. SIENA, apart from the A Class in Europe, here in USA, C Class is the lowest class of Mercedes, followed by the E Class. However it varies in engine like C230, C240, C280, C320, C350 and C500 AMG, same goes to the E Class and the rest. Mercedes cars are very durable and not expensive to maintain. I currently own 3 of them and I have owned several, I can tell you, other than changing the oil, I have had no problem with them. The new generation ones has double-coupled plugs (My V8 S430 has 16 plugs) that would last 100,000 miles be4 tune-up and changed. If you change your engine oil regularly- 5000 to 7000 miles, you shouldn't have any problem with either c or E models, and they don't consume much gas unlike what people thought.
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Trac: 12:13am On Dec 02, 2012
pleep: The C-class is the Mercedes for broke people, Its basically a glorified compact car. Cheaper, better fuel economy, but less luxury.

The E- Class is more powerfull, luxurious and expensive

The S- class is the most powerful, luxurious and expensive car in the normal Mercedes sedan lineup

Which of the MB's are luxury?
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Trac: 12:34am On Dec 02, 2012
Eyop: Trac thanks for the analysis between the E class and the C class. Can you further explain on which models based on your experience that one can purchase because to my understanding the higher the engine capacity the higher the cost of maintenance and even fuelling. The 1.8 litre engine C class seems to be easier to maintain compared to the 2.6,3.2litre engines which is a V6.

The 1.8L is underpowered and I don't believe it's a good choice when it comes to fuel efficiency. Performance is different on a hot sunny day with the air-condition and three other passengers. There should be three other 4 cylinders within the gas family. I am not acquainted with those engines. From what I know of the first generation C's, the 220's and the 230's had the least issues. The compressors should be avoided. It is a wear item the cost of the compressor is $4500.

Sincerely, don't expect Camry-reliability and fuel consumption. You save a lot more fuel at higher miles per hour. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about fueling and maintenance cost. What should trouble you is the purchase itself. If there were deferred maintenance and known issues that weren't addressed, you will pay the cost of the previous owner's deferment. Don't listen to anyone that tells you that it doesn't cost money to maintain any Mercedes or dedicated aptitude isn't needed; genuine parts are expensive and there truly really isn't a way around it except you opt for after-market solutions.

All the best in your search and choice:
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by pleep(m): 12:51am On Dec 02, 2012
Trac:

Which of the MB's are luxury?
I dunno if this is sarcastic or serious? grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by BlessedChild1: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thanks to all that provided insight into the discuss. it has been enriching. I am now empowered to make a better choice.

The blessed Child
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Trac: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2012
pleep: I dunno if this is sarcastic or serious? grin

I am not sarcasting and I am not given to sarcasm; neither do I respect anyone that does so.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by asianguyen: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Blessed Child: Dear

Thanks
Blessed Child

Hello, I think that the new C-class 2014 interior is nicer than the E-class interior, don't you think ? I wonder if they will upgrade the E-class 2014 ? Thank you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by Jodesky(m): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
[b][/b]TRAC ''''Avoid a 2003-2005 E Classes. They are very cheap and tempting. It's safe to conclude they were experimental models.'''

Trac, thanks for your educative post, as usual.
Can you explain in details, the problem with the 2003 -2005 E Class. I'm just about to buy a 2004 tokunbo E class. And its looking fresh and cool. My mechanic saw it today and gave it an excellent rating. The only reason I haven't paid is because the owner travelled for Xmas and he can't be reached on phone to provide the original particulars and his account details.

Waiting for expert opinion from the house please.
Re: What Is The Difference Between C And E Class Of Merecedes Benz by comradee1248: 12:27am On Aug 17, 2017
Wow, Thanks guys I've been enlighten here. God bless you all for all the information

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) / 65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You / PHOTOS: Ghastly Accident Along Aba Road,abia Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.