Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Something Bothering And Worrying You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Something Bothering And Worrying You? (1508 Views)

Still Worrying The Shortage Of Electricity,now You Maybe Need A Diesel Generator / Parents Should Stop Worrying About These Things! / How To Stop Worrying And Start Living By Dale Carnegie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Bothering And Worrying You? by uche1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2006
Every day we make choices about what we buy – including the clothes we wear and the food we eat – that affect people in poorer countries.
Everyone can work for a better world by engaging with the political process. The more elected representatives know that people care about developing countries, the more they will do to fight poverty. The international community has pledged to halve world poverty by 2015. Everyone has a role to play in generating the political momentum to meet the target. Whoever we are, our everyday decisions about our time and money can shape the kind of world we want to live in.

Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by uche1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2006
There are lots of great ways to make a sustained contribution to global development by lending a hand to one of the many agencies and programmes that work in the international arena.

All ages and kinds of people get involved. And whether you are a highly experienced professional who can offer specialized skills, just beginning to think about what to do when you leave school, or somewhere in between, there is an organization out there waiting to make use of your talents and time

Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by hotangel2(f): 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2006
True this. I would love to help people like this when i start making my money.

For some reason tho, i don't like how peopel advertise things like this, even when i see it on Tv, im always mad. Cos it's like, "africa this, africa that". I know there r people there suffering b ut i just somehow when i see it. I guess i understand me better. undecided
Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by glamrocka(f): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2006
Hot-angel , IT's called the truth period, there is no way of window dressing it sad

Uche thanks, its always good to find time to reflect on some of these issues, and i pray we all begin to make changes starting with the man in the mirror. haaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by tamia(f): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
eople this is deep! i can't believe! well i can believe but it makes me really sad! i would like to help someday but most of these organizations in Africa do not give the money to these people their corruption discourages me.
Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by kimba(m): 2:42am On Apr 27, 2006
If I had my way, i would ban CNN from Africa. Their cameras only capture poverty, hunger and hard lives.

They gave us AIDS, then later they'll give us financial AID
Re: Something Bothering And Worrying You? by glamrocka(f): 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2006
[/quote][quote author=kimba link=topic=11368.msg318061#msg318061 date=1146102149]
If I had my way, i would ban CNN from Africa. Their cameras only capture poverty, hunger and hard lives.

They gave us AIDS, then later they'll give us financial AID

Bann Cnn from africa? and do you have an african network that will report the truth? cause i know the govts would rather tell of one programme or the other which hardly reaches a fraction of needy people and hide the suffering.

Who gave african's aids? Cnn? or the west? embarassed this is kinda dumb , i dont even want to get into it and take this thread a diff direction. Have a word People need to take responsibility and not blame the west for everything

(1) (Reply)

Very Sad News: Separated-at-birth twins get married / Cheating Husband - Three Crucial Things You Need To Know Before You Confront Him / Help My Mom Drinks Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.