Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Database Question - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Question (710 Views)

Connecting To A Remote Database / Capture Image From Webcam And Store In Mysql Database From C Sharp Winform / How Do I Connect A Form To Mysql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Database Question by hoodboi(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2013
In what format are database stored in deployed applications. For example microsoft access, do you specify in the requirements that the user install access or is there a general format that database can be stored
Re: Database Question by akemzo007: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Well database are stored in various formats depending on the OS platform, let's say your database was written with VB(windows app), then your user must have mysql installed for the db application to be able to take in info. from the front end and store in the back end of the application. For the other types of db extensions, visit the link below to learn more.
http://www.file-extensions.org/filetype/extension/name/database-files
Re: Database Question by hoodboi(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2013
this is not what i am talking about, i have an extensive knowledge of sql server and the lot. What i just noticed is that in most applications, the database is usually not in a system recognized format which means that neither Microsoft Access nor sql server is being used (well maybe not directly). What i want to know is that is there a way the database format can be changed such that it is not viewable by the client.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Programming / Wennohunt Business Innovation Competition / Please Coders Of nairaland.com Help Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.