Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

ee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ee (1178 Views)

Time To Decide If We Can Remain As One Country- Northern CAN / Time To Decide If We Can Remain As One Country – Northern CAN / eny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ee by okoomoge2(m): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2008
dd
Re: ee by opokonwa(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2008
@poster
Your view/frustration is almost as old as the nation itself.
Why dwell on it when all we may do here is just words, words and more words!
Abeg quit whining and start living!
Re: ee by ndelta1(m): 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2008
opokonwa:

@poster
Your view/frustration is almost as old as the nation itself.
Why dwell on it when all we may do here is just words, words and more words!
Abeg quit whining and start living!

yesooooooooooo na true ooooo
Re: ee by opokonwa(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2008
@oko-omoge
Just one curious point, where did you get your $400bn figure?
I ain't doubting you, I just want to validate its authenticity.
It's a whooping figure you know shocked shocked shocked
Re: ee by segunpc(m): 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
yes Nigeria should still remain one.

pls o make una no split am o.
Re: ee by zillaxy: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2008
i'm fulani and used to be against one nigeria until very recently.
i heard an igbo woman passionately talking about democracy and how great nigeria could be. she shouted a few one nigeria(s) in the end and i was sold.

but i'll still welcome going back to regional governance. the south-south can't keep subsidising the country and the north needs to wake up.
its goin to be hard coz i think there's already a 'northerner' mentality for people from the north but i blame the govt for not bringing us together in a sensible way. it should be about accepting differences not ignoring them. also, there needs to be a break of the INDEGINE mentality.

i should be speaking fluent yoruba i grew up in lagos! but no, we unite under a false umbrella of english and laugh at each other about 'h factor' and all that inconsequential crap and then go home and 'be our cultures'.

how can there be unity with no acceptance?
Re: ee by AH2MUCH: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2008
nigerian wil eep being one untill there is no more oil in the ND

then . . . .
Re: ee by ndelta1(m): 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2008
AH2MUCH:

then . . . .

at all

na sooo, i preffer Niger Delta to Nigeria
Re: ee by ndelta1(m): 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
AH2MUCH:

then . . . .

then what? tell me,

at all nothing dey happen

i prefer Niger delta
Re: ee by oluomok(m): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2008
Since God is one in the Holy trinity i think we should remain one with God
Re: ee by tpia: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2008
if we're going to spend all our time debating if Nigeria should break up or not, then of course the country will never move forward. Instead of finding a solution to rampant poverty and underdevelopment it seems all we want is to forever move in a circle with no progress.

whether Nigeria breaks up or not e go still remain in Africa- and is still called third world.  The greatest beneficiaries will always be the leaders who are at the helm of affairs.

even if nigeria divides into 300 countries- one country per tribe. That is not the solution to poverty. undecided
Re: ee by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2008
without doubt, olets live as one.even THE STATES have got more people, sane though lipsrsealed
Re: ee by tpia: 12:52am On Mar 02, 2008
no be by force o.

I could care less anyhow. If una like break up if una like remain the same.

una still dey inside Africa. undecided
Re: ee by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 02, 2008
someone smwhere in new zealand, carrying the unseen signature of '[b] this foreigner sef' [/b]its all good
Re: ee by Sabisabi: 6:38am On Mar 02, 2008
Imagine all the shame and embrassement you recieve at other international Airports.
Because of airport that is why we have to divide ke. Carry go jare.
Re: ee by tpia: 1:43am On Mar 03, 2008
olrotimi:

someone smwhere in new zealand, carrying the unseen signature of '[b] this foreigner sef' [/b]its all good

new zealand offended you somehow?

there are no Nigerians in Australia?

or you know where every single Nigerian is at any given point in time?

where is the signature saying foreigner?

You must be paranoid.

and on your blog, you posted a picture of some guy and his son who you said are your American interests, and that you want to build up similar friends and interests all over the world. Does this explain your fixation on new zealand? Explain what's going on with you, and why you're following me around. I'm a very friendly person and I dont mind. grin
Re: ee by almondjoy(f): 2:23am On Mar 03, 2008
tpia:

no be by force o.

I could care less anyhow. If una like break up if una like remain the same.

una still dey inside Africa. undecided

Abi oooooooooooooooooh!  Inside the jungle of African kpa kpa!  Really could care less! kiss That is it's bloody business. Of no consequence to me anyhow.
Re: ee by bawomolo(m): 3:15am On Mar 03, 2008
without ijaw oil nigeria cannot survive.

ijaws own the oil now?? what makes u think nigeria can't create a diversed economy.
Re: ee by JayFK(m): 6:55am On Mar 03, 2008
bawomolo:

ijaws own the oil now?? what makes u think nigeria can't create a diversed economy.

I don't think we can diversify our economy at this point, we rely on the oil too much, even though we have other minerals: columbite, coal, tin e.t.c, but hey everything needs to start from somewhere right? though i don't think it will be in this present administration.
Re: ee by udezue(m): 6:25am On Jul 20, 2008
WOW for my 1st I see a Fulani person "Zylaxy" speaking the simple truth about Nigeria and its different people and cultures. Classic!!!!

Nigeria does not rely solely on so-called Ijaw oil. Ijaws are not the only people with oil for their backyard. Igbo, Ogoni, Efik/Ibibio, Urhobo, etc lands got oil wells but they are not screaming oil everyday or thinking that oil is the only way to make money. Abeg enough of the bulls**t.

Nigeria has never been ONE. The sooner we get that into our heads the better. I am for regional autonomy or total separation aka Freedom.
Re: ee by ogb5(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2008
udezue:

WOW for my 1st I see a Fulani person "Zylaxy" speaking the simple truth about Nigeria and its different people and cultures. Classic!!!!

Nigeria does not rely solely on so-called Ijaw oil. Ijaws are not the only people with oil for their backyard. Igbo, Ogoni, Efik/Ibibio, Urhobo, etc lands got oil wells but they are not screaming oil everyday or thinking that oil is the only way to make money. Abeg enough of the bulls**t.

Nigeria has never been ONE. The sooner we get that into our heads the better. I am for regional autonomy or total separation aka Freedom.

It actually good to see a Northerner say the simple truth. Most rather keep a blind eye to the truth.

You seem not to realise that the ijaws are the ones who suffer most among the list of oil producers you have mentioned.
The others could atleast farm their land, and they could take their sick to a hospital within a day, even if it means going to lagos for treatment. The Ijaws can't do that. They have no land to farm, no roads to drive on. Before criticising, note that am not Ijaw.

Going regional is the best thing at this moment. Most of the states are not viable economically, grouping 6 states into regions that can pool funds together will help.
But someone needs to tell the Northerners to sit up. No nation grows by having over 50% of its population deliberately not contributing anything and being supported by others.
Re: ee by udezue(m): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2008
ogb5:

It actually good to see a Northerner say the simple truth. Most rather keep a blind eye to the truth.

You seem not to realise that the ijaws are the ones who suffer most among the list of oil producers you have mentioned.
The others could atleast farm their land, and they could take their sick to a hospital within a day, even if it means going to lagos for treatment. The Ijaws can't do that. They have no land to farm, no roads to drive on. Before criticising, note that am not Ijaw.

Going regional is the best thing at this moment. Most of the states are not viable economically, grouping 6 states into regions that can pool funds together will help. 
But someone needs to tell the Northerners to sit up. No nation grows by having over 50% of its population deliberately not contributing anything and being supported by others.

I do understand the plight of the Ijaw but they make their situation worse for them by relying on hateful men like Edwin Clark to be their spokes person aka leader and that is why Igbo, Ibibios, Efiks, etc have kind of backed away to let them carry on as they like. His ungratefulness and lack of diplomacy in his tactics when dealing with other ethnicities is his biggest weakness. So until they learn to fight the battle like its not just theirs then people will see things different.

The reason why I'm saying this is that I noticed that a lot of times when u engage the Ijaw man in some conversation they always say crap like "You Igbos want our oil" I mean like seriously Igbos have abundant oil and really don't give a crap about it. We'll rather spend time in school. Some even got nerves to say that Ibibios and Efiks have no oil so they should not talk at all or what about the ones that hate the fact that Abia and Imo are part of ND. What about Igbos in Rivers. The Delta Igbos don't have any rosy relationship with them also. Such attitudes are reason why the whole battle has been left for them to do. They cannot win without integrating with their neighbors so until they learn that no Southerner gives a damn about their oil and are genuinely in support of their fight for justice things are not going to get any better.

The Northerners are a lazy bunch. They have the potential to make it on their own but they are not ready for the hard work so they rely on oil from the SS and SE.

A regional set up will be the best thing so that all regions can grow at their own pace and not blame anyone for their failures but if they are not ready to accept that then its time to dissolve that unholy union.
Re: ee by bilymuse: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2008
The reason why I'm saying this is that I noticed that a lot of times when u engage the Ijaw man in some conversation they always say crap like "You Igbos want our oil" I mean like seriously Igbos have abundant oil and really don't give a crap about it. We'll rather spend time in school. Some even got nerves to say that Ibibios and Efiks have no oil so they should not talk at all or what about the ones that hate the fact that Abia and Imo are part of ND. What about Igbos in Rivers. The Delta Igbos don't have any rosy relationship with them also. Such attitudes are reason why the whole battle has been left for them to do. They cannot win without integrating with their neighbors so until they learn that no Southerner gives a damn about their oil and are genuinely in support of their fight for justice things are not going to get any better.

your analysis is hollow sound like market women talk
Re: ee by udezue(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2008
bilymuse:

your analysis is hollow sound like market women talk

I really could care less if its hard to understand with ur peanut brain. What am I lying? HELL NO so u can FALL BACK. Anyways.
Re: ee by Feu: 12:10am On Jul 21, 2008
My honest opinion: NO embarassed undecided
Re: ee by Planner(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2008
if we're going to spend all our time debating if Nigeria should break up or not, then of course the country will never move forward. Instead of finding a solution to rampant poverty and underdevelopment it seems all we want is to forever move in a circle with no progress.

whether Nigeria breaks up or not e go still remain in Africa- and is still called third world. The greatest beneficiaries will always be the leaders who are at the helm of affairs.

even if nigeria divides into 300 countries- one country per tribe. That is not the solution to poverty.

We cannot tacle poverty, reduce unemployment, reduce ehtnic tension if we do not tacle the useless document we call the Nigerian Constitution. See we have to debate on how we as people can leave and relat with one another . The USA did their about 230 years ago and they are reaping the rewards. You cannot use the resource that belong to one locality to develop another area. Moreso, the issue of indegeneship should be clearly defined. Somebody cannot stay in a place for about 60 years and still considered an alien. Finally, WE may not love one another if all these re implemented, but we will tolerate one another at least.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa's Biting Electricity Problem / Northerners Strategy To Rule Nigeria Beyond 2015 Exposed / Dora Wants To Resign:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.