Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

I Am So Scared... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am So Scared... (1346 Views)

Am Scared To Touch My Wife. / I Fell Off My Mum's Back And I Am Scared My Man Could Die / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am So Scared... by sienna116(f): 6:30am On Jan 26, 2013
There is this very close friend of mine, she came to my house yesterday, crying seriously. I was scared and asked her what the problem was, my first guess was that she was probably having men problems, but that was not the case. Here is what she told me;

I will do a little intro to the story, her younger and only sister is in the university. Prior to gaining admission, the sister (I ll call her may) was a very gentle girl, respectful, jovial and hardworking. Everyone doted on her and always tried to make sure she was comfortable in school and she was. Mostly she gets from her sisters and brothers and then her mum.

According to this my friend, when May got back to school after d last time she came home, may suddenly became incommunicado, she ll ignore calls from evryone. Whenever a call is placed to her, it would ring for countless times and she would nto pick and worst still she won't flash or text back. It got so bad that at a point she has to cajole her mum to go see her in school, at least to make sure she is alright. When the mum got there, she gave some excuses about her phone not working, having exams etc.

Anyways, back to the main issue, she said her momsie called her yesterday and told her that May said her friends introduced her to a party not knowing it was a secret club and that's why she was acting that way..

She is very scared, she was literarily shaking last nite, and I had to just calm her down. I advised her to relax, pray and put everything in God's hand. I ask her to call may there and then but apparently she was sleeping. I then suggested that she send her an sms,telling her she loves her no matter what and that she will always be there for her.

I m sorry for the long story but I just wanted to make sure u get the whole picture. My question is this; when things like this happens? What is the first thing to do? Especially for May, should she report to the relevant authorities. As a parent, what should her mum do? Honest and matured response from my esteemed nairalanders would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Scared... by brixton: 7:09am On Jan 26, 2013
D authorities seldom act in cult cases and she wil av to live wit d cultists in harsh condition. She needs to either pay them off or arrange a quick transfer outta d skol. The later shud do it fo me
Re: I Am So Scared... by Boss13: 8:02am On Jan 26, 2013
Well that (being in a cult) doesn't explain why she refused picking up her phone calls. There is something she isn't saying.
Re: I Am So Scared... by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:29am On Jan 26, 2013
Boss13: Well that (being in a cult) doesn't explain why she refused picking up her phone calls. There is something she isn't saying.
My guess too. @op there is more to this story than what ur MAY is dishing out.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2013
Complain to which authorities? Sum of the authorities re the head of the cult itself.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 26, 2013
Does she ( may) want to be safe? If yes, the best approach is for her to turn to deeper life born again( it must not be deeper life but you understand what i mean). Not the type of born agains we have that go on looking sexy and having boyfriends.

With that, the cultist will leave her if they see only being a saint in her.

If she doesn't want to be safe, am sure there is nothing you will do to stop her. She is an adult!
Re: I Am So Scared... by greatgod2012(f): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2013
Let her change enviroment...........i mean, if its possible, her mum should change her school, probably to another state or even another country, or betterstill, d mum can change d school to a nearby one, in which she(may) goes to school from d house.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Syncan(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2013
The story is just a summary,may still have some unsaid...however, change of school is an old tested and trusted solution. Any other solution will be a gamble.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2013
Even with the change of school, if they want to locate her they will still do that except she will be out of the country for a whole lot of time.

Some time in the university, two cultist renounced their membership in an all night service, the first one still went ahead with trendy stuff and girls too, the second one totally turned to the bible. Could you believe their cult members came for the first one, he got killed In school while the second one was always seen around fellowship and organizing church services.

He however graduated and doing well in life.

Ron ounce them with your heart and soul, they will give up on you!

Runaway, they might come for you!

My opinion anyway. Make she do wetin dey her mind Abeg!
Re: I Am So Scared... by EfemenaXY: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2013
If this story is all there is to it, then your friend's mother should:

~ Withdraw her daughter from school asap.

~ Let her miss school for a year or two (a cooling off period for both daughter and those after her)

~ Make sure that her daughter uses her "time off" at home to re-evaluate and asses what she really wants from life, if and why she thinks she does need an education or not.

~ Let her sweat it out and try her hand at some other trade. Let her see how hard it is out there to make it, as a young woman without any formal education or the backing of her family. Going back to the village to do some back breaking farming should help her calm down.

~ Let her also use that opportunity to "see" her juniors move up and ahead of her education wise. Her eyes go clear before the end of the year.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Syncan(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2013
Vikin: Even with the change of school, if they want to locate her they will still do that except she will be out of the country for a whole lot of time.

Some time in the university, two cultist renounced their membership in an all night service, the first one still went ahead with trendy stuff and girls too, the second one totally turned to the bible. Could you believe their cult members came for the first one, he got killed In school while the second one was always seen around fellowship and organizing church services.

He however graduated and doing well in life.

Ron ounce them with your heart and soul, they will give up on you!

Runaway, they might come for you!

My opinion anyway. Make she do wetin dey her mind Abeg!

Hope you're aware that your handle has some familiarity with the issue at hand...I suppose that makes you an expert in it...just joking o!
In as much as i agree that visible change/repentance and active romance with religion could help, I still assure you that it is a gamble to remain in that school. Change of school could go with what you've suggested and that keeps her safer. No they will not come for her, if there is no personal vendetta yet.
Re: I Am So Scared... by sienna116(f): 11:44am On Jan 26, 2013
Thanks so much for ur words so far, I really appreciate and I ll relay it to her.
Two major solutions have been suggested so far; change of school and being born again. But we all know how hard it is to get into d uni these days let alone change from one to the other.
For latter, how long can she keep up with the holiness charade? Won't she be found out.
Please keep ur advice coming. My friend is really scared something terrible might happen to her sister.
Re: I Am So Scared... by blank(f): 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
I want to understand the story. She was initiated into a secret cult or she went for a party that a secret cult hosted?
Re: I Am So Scared... by sienna116(f): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
According to my friend, May said her roomates invited her to a party not knowing that it was a secret cult party, and that since then they ve been trying to initiate her into the cult.
Re: I Am So Scared... by juman(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
sienna116: According to my friend, May said her roomates invited her to a party not knowing that it was a secret cult party, and that since then they ve been trying to initiate her into the cult.

As she is NOT a cult member already, to make the cult people stay away from her she should melt into the student religious group in the school.
Re: I Am So Scared... by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2013
sienna116: According to my friend, May said her roomates invited her to a party not knowing that it was a secret cult party, and that since then they ve been trying to initiate her into the cult.

But why does she refuse to pick her calls.

(1) (Reply)

Can She Love Me Again / How Can I Get My Attention Back. / Marital Caution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.