Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! (545 Views)

Joomla Help!!!!!! / Joomla Help Please / Joomla Help Pls: Error: Could Not Find An Xml Setup File In The Package. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! by Snippets(m): 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
@Gurus..

Please I Have Some Questions..

1) How Can I Make a wordpress or Joomla site not to look like a Blog.. I mean without the Categories, Comments and all..

2) How can I make 'em not to Display for eg site.com/wp/blog/section... in my url when users click on a topic..

3) How can I make 'em not to write "Written by Admin" when I display a Topic..

4) How can I make my menu look like just a plain static site whereby u can just access a topic by clicking on it and seeing everything about The topic..

NB: Am Working with Localhost.. And am Using UsbWebserver as my Localhost Server..

@Yawa, Dualcore, Afam4eva..
Over To You..
Thanks..
Re: Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Do you mean something like this? http://cornellrealtors.com/
Re: Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! by mcfranc(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Be more specific, one after the other. Which do u want treated first? Joomla or Wordpress?
Re: Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! by Snippets(m): 11:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
@Brand_New
Yes.. Something Like that..

@McFranc
Ok.. Let's Say Wordpress since its easier to Understand..
Joomla help might be ok too..
Re: Wordpress/joomla Help!!!!! by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2013
Please I Have Some Questions..

1) How Can I Make a wordpress or Joomla site not to look like a Blog.. I mean without the Categories, Comments and all..
It's easier to research before asking that way we will appreciate the effort you are making towards this because this will encourage baby-sitting, with that being said, look into Wordpress for Designer and look at Templates,Shortcodes and Pages that's the key did that for my site

2) How can I make 'em not to Display for eg site.com/wp/blog/section... in my url when users click on a topic..
Refer to the Wordpress Codex or read the basic, because Wordpress has a permalink function for that already

3) How can I make 'em not to write "Written by Admin" when I display a Topic..
Like i would say again read the Wordpress Codex because in the index file, the code responsible for that is written there get_author(),

4) How can I make my menu look like just a plain static site whereby u can just access a topic by clicking on it and seeing everything about The topic..
READ THE WORDPRESS CODEX

a little research never kills, read the codex. smiley
NB: Am Working with Localhost.. And am Using UsbWebserver as my Localhost Server..

(1) (Reply)

Seo / Put Me Through, I Want To Develop A Computer Based Test Website / A Peep Into State Govts’ Websites (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.