Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation (540 Views)

How To Create Birthday Table/form In Php And Mysql? / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / Writing A Time Based Expiration Script Or Function Using Php And Mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation by Nipeks(m): 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
I know HTML CSS and JavaScript pretty well but I'm very new with PHP and MySQL programming. I want to learn it so I downloaded WampServer and Xampp so I can preview it without uploading to a web hosting server but the pdf tutorial book I'm using (beginning PHP and MySQL from Novice to Professional by W. Jason Gilmore) asked me to download and install apache, PHP among others. My question: Do do I need to download all these again?
Re: Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
No you don't. Wamp and Xamp already contains PHP, MySQL and Apache, so you're good to go.
Re: Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation by Nipeks(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva: [b]No you don't. Wamp and Xamp already contains PHP, MySQL and Apache, so you're good to go.[/b]

Thanks. I already downloaded it. What if install it anyway, will it affect my previous installation or update it? And what if I uninstall WampServer and Xampp before individually installing apache and PHP, will my browser run PHP pages. Thanks in advance!
Re: Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nipeks:

Thanks. I already downloaded it. What if install it anyway, will it affect my previous installation or update it? And what if I uninstall WampServer and Xampp before individually installing apache and PHP, will my browser run PHP pages. Thanks in advance!
The reason why WAMP was created was to make your job easier so it will be archaic(imo) to uninstall your wamp to install those properties individually. WAMP or XAMP are your best bet.
Re: Apache, PHP And MySQL Installation by 53cur3m0d3(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nipeks: I know HTML CSS and JavaScript pretty well but I'm very new with PHP and MySQL programming. I want to learn it so I downloaded WampServer and Xampp so I can preview it without uploading to a web hosting server but the pdf tutorial book I'm using (beginning PHP and MySQL from Novice to Professional by W. Jason Gilmore) asked me to download and install apache, PHP among others. My question: Do do I need to download all these again?
The AMP in WAMP & XAMP stands for Apache, MySQL and PHP engine so that means U already hav everything U need to start with...

(1) (Reply)

Drupal Users Come In Here / How To Use Twitter To Drive Traffic To Your Blog / How To Instruct Window XP, 7 And 8 To Install Within 20minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.