Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Race And Evolution - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Race And Evolution (934 Views)

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Some Interesting Facts About Race And Racism / The Black Race And The Way Forward. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Race And Evolution by JayFK(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2008
Yes this is a taboo subject, but do you ever think there might be some truth to it? That different races might have different xteristics? I just want your opinions, dont crucify me. Also remember its "the average" that it deals with, not the whole population.
Re: Race And Evolution by wendymanda: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
Am not sure if I got what your question was aking but if I did then yes I think that the different races have different charactersitics. Had there not been such a thing then this whole race thing would be mute.
Re: Race And Evolution by JayFK(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2008
I mean everything apart from skin color. I mean Stuff like Cognition, sexual prowess, physical strength and so on.
Re: Race And Evolution by wendymanda: 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2008
I think most are stereotypes that some people then try to live up to. Am not however saying that stereotypes are based on nothing just that people exagerate some. For instance it would seem that Asians are avid learners who excel especially in math however one told me that only the best of the bests are allowed to come here to study.
Re: Race And Evolution by drrionelli(m): 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2008
@JayFK:
You're to be commended for bringing up this "taboo" subject. Like any other subject, the more it is discussed, the more it will be understood.

Personally, I don't believe that "race" exists. I have never seen, read or heard an empirical definition of the word as pertains to anthropology. ALL modern humans belong to the same genus (Homo) and species (sapiens). Of course, there exists extraordinary diversity among humans, as must be the case for any species to flourish (and humans have certainly flourished!).

The multitude of environments in which humans live influences many of the characteristics about us. And, by this I refer to long-term. But we must be careful so as to not misinterpret exactly what it is that those characteristics say about us. For, indeed, given characteristics are seldom observed with exclusivity to any one group.
Re: Race And Evolution by Tonim(f): 8:37am On Apr 15, 2008
wink

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Right Age Of Marriage / Useless King Arrest Biafrans In Mbise / Bewitched, Crocodile Brings Back Man Day After Attack (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.