Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (652880 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 2:18pm On May 18, 2013
As a matter of fact entering gold without stoploss is suicide!! shocked
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by uncle2010: 2:24pm On May 18, 2013
learner1:
You don't like me. The volatility of GN is worst than gold plus d high spread. I hate that pair. Copying and trying to be like others did not help me
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by uncle2010: 2:26pm On May 18, 2013
Kirinwa:

Go for GbpNzd,EurNzd. Gold can mess your account if no experience. For the 2 pairs use 4-hour and check around 7am for direction.
How do you trade this pair.......with almost 200pips per day
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 2:29pm On May 18, 2013
learner1: House as a newbie, which of the following one pair trading do u advice i go with for now?
EU EJ Gold. I want to start trading once in a day or two solid trades a week to allow me keep to compounding and stop giving back my profit to d market. Thanks.

Eu, easier to analyse etc n but u can choose ej or gold iff u wil be trading each for years.My boss only trade gj n now she has over over xx years experience trading gj alone
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 18, 2013
learner1: House as a newbie, which of the following one pair trading do u advice i go with for now?
EU EJ Gold. I want to start trading once in a day or two solid trades a week to allow me keep to compounding and stop giving back my profit to d market. Thanks.
Dude, please forget EJ and Gold at this level, they are way too volatile for you. Focus on being profitable in the long term, not on being rich as soon as possible. So the idea is to trade a single pair that isnt particularly volatile and rather predictable. Also make sure to trade maximum of once a day risking not more than 5% of your capital.

I would recommend the GU though. I trade only GU and my account statement is a beauty to behold. I've shown you how I'm doing it with $198, so you also make it with $200.

Wish you the best.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxbomovi: 2:54pm On May 18, 2013
@learner. This house like you well well that is everyone is giving you advice. Just choose the one that is best for you. If you have made up your mind to trade one pair, then go for it but make sure you have lots of patience gene. Trading one pair requires lots of patience.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxisreal: 2:59pm On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78:
Dude, please forget EJ and Gold at this level, they are way too volatile for you. Focus on being profitable in the long term, not on being rich as soon as possible. So the idea is to trade a single pair that isnt particularly volatile and rather predictable. Also make sure to trade maximum of once a day risking not more than 5% of your capital.

I would recommend the GU though. I trade only GU and my account statement is a beauty to behold. I've shown you how I'm doing it with $198, so you also make it with $200.

Wish you the best.

thatz tru bro, it not advisable for the new trader with small capital to trade those pair especially Gold, Gold just added for trading by most brokers few year ago before then it was a minimum of $3000 before you can trade Gold, e-mini s&p 500 and other index with those boker offered it, it will do learner good if u can start learning strategy to trade the GU. very easy to get consistent gain from this pair with d method of trading once a day good or bad. but the problem is u can't trade it because most of the trader here didn't trade it.
@learner1 if u like to know something about Gu mail me or leave ur number here will call u
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Kirinwa: 3:08pm On May 18, 2013
uncle2010: How do you trade this pair.......with almost 200pips per day
Didn't you read what you just quoted?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 18, 2013
This is why I like this thread. Everyone with his own ideas. Finally oga learner, the ball is in your court to choose what you will work with. GU is great for some people while others won't touch it with a barge pole. Same applies to all other tradable pairs. Keep working and researching till you find what works for you. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 18, 2013
Well if am to choose a currency pair over gold, that will be EU. It suit my style. Thanks for contributing
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 18, 2013
fxisreal:

@learner1 if u like to know something about Gu mail me or leave ur number here will call u
Mail sent. Thanks
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxisreal: 4:02pm On May 18, 2013
learner1:
Mail sent. Thanks

not seen bro, may be u used d old mail, try d 1 with my id
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by gerald2(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78:

Wish you the best.
You gave him the best advise a brother can give to a brother. I trade only GU and EU because I know they are like brother and sister, and very easy to predict. If you understand these two pairs the way they are, you can never have a losing week, at least something is always better than nothing. Forget Gold you are inexperienced to trade it, my friend Ifeanyi Uche that trade's Gold will tell you the bitter lesson he learnt trading Gold though he was successful trading currencies. Above all, trade what you know best!

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 18, 2013
fxisreal:

not seen bro, may be u used d old mail, try d 1 with my id
pls send me a blank mail @mosesduro @Gmail. I sent again but bounced back
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 5:12pm On May 18, 2013
Piponomics: This is why I like this thread. Everyone with his own ideas. Finally oga learner, the ball is in your court to choose what you will work with. GU is great for some people while others won't touch it with a barge pole. Same applies to all other tradable pairs. Keep working and researching till you find what works for you. Simple.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by endfx1(m): 6:16pm On May 18, 2013

Hmmmmmmm.....nobody seem to be talking about the Independent mad man UJ.... grin grin I wanted trading EJ alone but discovered two things

1. It rallies just once in a while like piponomics rightly said

2. Two pairs EU,UJ influences it simultaneously...if EU spikes it follows and if UJ spikes it follows too...just dey do follow follow until BOJ comes to push it one side.EJ na evil spirit oooo grin grin grin

So @LEARNER if you would take your time to study UJ very well you will discover that it moves independent of too much influence from any pair thus makes it easier to trade.ej,gold are all good but can you cope with their volatility?

Well just take your time no one can discover it for you except YOU...What works for others might not work for you.

My 1kobo
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by piphacker(m): 6:27pm On May 18, 2013
InvertedHammer: Truth is there is more to forex trading than price movements, charts, indicators. Until you learn this secret, you will keep losing your money. You may win 90% of your trades, but that 10% loss will wipe out your account.

For a starter, if you don't have $10k initial deposit, don't even bother...you are only on a wild goose chase.

Prove me wrong if you could. On the long run, most trader keep losing money. But, the irony is that they never give up
until they lose their pants, house, relationship, etc. It is a brutal fantasy world out there. I will keep giving out hints until the smart ones get it.

TIP 1 of the day:
YOUR BROKER IS TAKING POSITIONS AGAINST YOU.

Where else do you think all the liquidity comes from?
grin grin grin

I pray many ppl to take note of this point
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 6:34pm On May 18, 2013
fxbomovi: @learner. This house like you well well that is everyone is giving you advice. Just choose the one that is best for you. If you have made up your mind to trade one pair, then go for it but make sure you have lots of patience gene. Trading one pair requires lots of patience.

Any pair one can trade without lots of patience man and i will grab am.

@all I trade eu and eu and eu and then uj and trading a pair or limited pairs to me helps with better accuracy but am not a fan of telling ppl to do what i do but one can really trade a pair as if he or she is trading 10pairs by opening 10 different positions for eu alone and if u trade eu for years or any other pair for that matter, u will be a master at it thou.

I dont fear he that kick 10,000 buckets but i fear he that kick a bucket 10,000 times.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 6:36pm On May 18, 2013
piphacker:

Which point i beg oh. $100 = 10,000 cents n wetin. if them broker like make then open positions against me n if am doing the right tin n then they r doing the wrong tin n lobatan
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 6:40pm On May 18, 2013
endfx1:

Hmmmmmmm.....nobody seem to be talking about the Independent mad man UJ.... grin grin I wanted trading EJ alone but discovered two things

1. It rallies just once in a while like piponomics rightly said........Well just take your time no one can discover it for you except YOU...What works for others might not work for you.
My 1kobo
The don n weldone
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by fxisreal: 6:43pm On May 18, 2013
infofirst:

Which point i beg oh. $100 = 10,000 cents n wetin. if them broker like make then open positions against me n if am doing the right tin n then they r doing the wrong tin n lobatan

u can say that again bro, if traders doing it right as u said i tell you the broker will call u to ask which system are u using to trade? it has happen b4,
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2013
fxisreal:

u can say that again bro, if traders doing it right as u said i tell you the broker will call u to ask are u using any system? it has happen b4,

Abi oh boss n there are options in this mkt n they are many and no one should tell others that cos they fail at trading successfully with certain amount n that others can not do it and there is only one certain thing i know in this mkt and that is the fact that the currency pairs moves according to a particular pattern that no one can change and we can only keep learning to understand that pattern and then trade it and each pair does so in their own way.

My view
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by takeprofit: 7:05pm On May 18, 2013
can any broker influence the market price of a currency pair in a particular direction for 100 pips?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by zinosleek(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2013
For anyone i would recommend eu, it is universal and independent.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 18, 2013
takeprofit: can any broker influence the market price of a currency pair in a particular direction for 100 pips?
[b]No single broker has the amount of cash required to influence the market. I wonder why folks keep saying that people lose because their brokers are betting against them, it's just not possible and this is why: if I'm using broker A and I decide to short the EU, and broker A decides to bet against me by longing the EU. It means that broker A is betting in favour of all other traders who are longing the EU at that particular moment. And what about brokers B, C, D, E,F, etc who are equally either shorting or longing the EU at that same moment. Also, what about the investment banks, governments, mutual funds, etc who are equally longing or shorting the EU at that same moment? So if my broker is betting against me, that means my broker is equally betting against soooooooo many other traders who are betting in my favour. And my broker simply does not have the amount of funds to influence the market - no broker does.

So the idea of a broker betting against a trader simply isnt valid; the market simply follows the majority and my broker doesnt make up the majority. If it were true that my broker could bet against me and force me to make a loss, then I shouldnt have been growing my account on a very consistent basis for so long.

Again, the market simply follows the money![/b]
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by martog: 7:59pm On May 18, 2013
Piponomics: This is why I like this thread. Everyone with his own ideas. Finally oga learner, the ball is in your court to choose what you will work with. GU is great for some people while others won't touch it with a barge pole. Same applies to all other tradable pairs. Keep working and researching till you find what works for you. Simple.
+1 Like
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by martog: 8:06pm On May 18, 2013
piphacker:

i thought we have gone way beyond this kind of post. please dont derail this thread, else i will hand you over to PIPO-(aka no nonsense dude).
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 9:00pm On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78:
No single broker has the amount of cash required to influence the market. I wonder why folks keep saying that people lose because their brokers are betting against them, it's just not possible and this is why: if I'm using broker A and I decide to short the EU, and broker A decides to bet against me by longing the EU. It means that broker A is betting in favour of all other traders who are longing the EU at that particular moment. And what about brokers B, C, D, E,F, etc who are equally either shorting or longing the EU at that same moment. Also, what about the investment banks, governments, mutual funds, etc who are equally longing or shorting the EU at that same moment? So if my broker is betting against me, that means my broker is equally betting against soooooooo many other traders who are betting in my favour. And my broker simply does not have the amount of funds to influence the market - no broker does.

So the idea of a broker betting against a trader simply isnt valid; the market simply follows the majority and my broker doesnt make up the majority. If it were true that my broker could bet against me and force me to make a loss, then I shouldnt have been growing my account on a very consistent basis for so long.

Again, the market simply follows the money!

Like seriously? Are you for real here?

"Betting against so many other traders, investment banks" What? You have no idea how MMs operate, do you? (or even the Foreign Exchange Market in general?) Do you even know the types of brokers available? Do you trade or you're just "speculating"? Don't misinform people.

There is NO central forex market, know and understand that.

Forex Brokers, which are not Market Makers, operate either a Straight Through Processing (STP) or an Electronic Communications Network (ECN) These types of brokers I'd recommend to anyone who's serious about trading forex - only bad thing though is, they often require large "minimum funding capital".

Market Makers are dealing desks who create positions against your trades. The broker provides the liquidity. Your orders are never quoted on the interbank market, simply because the Broker IS the market. Most times the larger MMs, pair your trades - i.e they pair you with another of their customer on the opposite end of your trade.

All these brokers that let you deposit $100, with very high leverages, bonuses and all all that are nothing short of Dealing Desks (i.e Market Makers). Now, I'm not saying MM's are a terrible choice (esp. if you don't have enough capital to trade with an ECN broker), I'm just saying you understand the underlying operation. It is possible for your broker to manipulate things to their favor, from price to feeds, etc.

Surely there are good MMs out there, but there are those who engage in lots of shady actions. Hence I'd recommend an ECN broker (if you're able to ply that route).

If you can't get an ECN broker, you're better off with an STP broker. I'm low on adrenaline so I can't type a longer post to explain exhaustively how the forex market works for those here who may not know but I believe I've touched a few points.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 18, 2013
XHTML:

Are you for real here because this goes against the first thing I learnt about the market. Are you telling me the price of EU, for instance, is different across different brokers? If there is any difference in price it boils down to spread, nothing more.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by XHTML: 9:16pm On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78: Are you for real here because this goes against the first thing I learnt about the market. Are you telling me the price of EU, for instance, is different across different brokers? If there is any difference in price it boils down to spread, nothing more.

When I say there's not a central forex market, I'm stating the fact that Everyone does NOT trade in "One Big Pool". Unlike a stock market, the foreign exchange market is divided into "levels of access".

or do you think "Hedge Funds" as you quote above run retail accounts like we do?

"Governments longing or shorting the EU"? This has to be sarcasm for real.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by takeprofit: 9:29pm On May 18, 2013
XHTML:

Like seriously? Are you for real here?

"Betting against so many other traders, investment banks" What? You have no idea how MMs operate, do you (or even the Foreign Exchange Market in general)? Do you even know the various types of brokers available? Do you trade or you're just "speculating"? Don't misinform people.

Forex Brokers, which are not Market Makers, operate either a Straight Through Processing (STP) or an Electronic Communications Network (ECN) These types of brokers I'd recommend to anyone who's serious about trading forex - only bad thing though is, they often require large "minimum funding capital".

Market Makers are dealing desks who create positions against your trades. The broker provides the liquidity. Your orders are never quoted on the interbank market, simply because the Broker IS the market. Most times the larger MMs, pair your trades - i.e they pair you with another of their customer on the opposite end of your trade.

All these brokers that let you deposit $100 and all those are nothing short of Market Makers. Now, I'm not saying MM's are a terrible choice (esp. if you don't have enough capital to trade with an ECN broker), I'm just saying you understand the underlying operation. It is possible for your broker to manipulate things to their favor, from price to feeds, etc.

Surely there are good MMs out there, but there are those who engage in lots of shady actions. Hence I'd recommend an ECN broker (if you're able to ply that route).

If you can't get an ECN broker, you're better off with an STP broker. I'm low on adrenaline so I can't type a longer post to explain exhaustively how the forex market works for those here who may not know but I believe I've touched a few points.

which broker do u use? i use instaforex. i can open ecn acct with them
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by infofirst(m): 9:36pm On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78:
No single broker has the amount of cashequired to influence the market. I wonder why folks keep saying that people lose because their brokers are betting against them, .........
++++

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.