Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Please Answer This! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Answer This! (3464 Views)

To All Atheists Can You Please Answer These Questions ? / Religious People, Please Answer- Why Are Smart People More Likely 2 Be Atheists? / my fellow theists please answer this question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Answer This! by Jenwitemi(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2010
TOUCHE! grin
Martian:

@ Imhotep and others who want atheists to prove that the christian god doesn't exist.

I'm a "mumu" atheist, so I will need you to tell me the methods you used to prove the non existence of Sango, Zeus, Appollo, Eastre, Amadioha. 

Once you do this, I'll use the same method to prove that your precious jew doesn't exist.

You telling an atheist to disprove your god is like me telling you to disprove that my purple unicorn didn't dictate this post.
grin
Re: Please Answer This! by Mudley313: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2010
imhotep:

Still waiting for convincing proof(s) for the non-existence of God.

I have seen only exercises in oratory

[center][img]http://revatheist.files./2010/05/baseball-logic.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2010
To me the person that started this thread shld use a little more courtesy, Imagine the implication of the thread that is any atheist that responds is a mumu, that is not right.

Now, for the atheist I will say that God is not a figment of our Imagination he is a reality based on rational thinking for if I ask why is it that we came to exist, you atheist will say By chance, but looking
at the Pyramids, they couldn't have appeared by chance, but out of a well planned out sequence. Now based on this rationalism we can also come to the reason that Life, the earth, the Galaxy and the Universe
it could have out of chance for a number the simply reason that it is well ordered the Human body is seen as a being perfect, in all we can say that it Takes an excellent planner to produce something
of such perfection. That Excellent Planner is God. what i am saying does begs the question but again it gives an indication on why God is far from being our imagination

Furthermore, Dreams remains one relm where one can conclude that there is sufficient evidence to Prove that God not only exist, but is interacting with his creatures as the Qur'an says " I shall show them
my signs in their dreams and the Furthermost regions of the earth" My question arise how is it possible for someone to dream up the future in it's clearest possible occurence? ONLY THE One who knows the
future can adequately give you the pictures of tomorrow.

Read the following

- during the formation of the earth, we learn that at some point Carbondioxide was trapped in the atmosphere, too much carbon dioixde would have made the earth too hot to be inhabitable too little would have
made the earth too cold for us to live in, which leaves with a middle course, the right amount, Pure Luck, no. An active PLANNER EXECUTING HIS WISHES

-WE HAVE JUPITER IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, JUPITER ACTS LIKE A BIG BOUNCER, PREVENTING MOST ASTEROIDS AND COMETS FROM HIITING THE EARTH, God place Jupiter in the right position, which has saved us in earth from

-The position of the earth in the galaxy is very important as being to close to the sun would have made it imposible for us to live, being far away from the sun would have made too cold.

Gotter go

On a final note those that say they want to see God before they believe in him, can do two things, Commit suicide or wait till the day o al Qiyamah
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
vedaxcool:

To me the person that started this thread shld use a little more courtesy, Imagine the implication of the thread that is any atheist that responds is a mumu, that is not right.

Now, for the atheist I will say that God is not a figment of our Imagination he is a reality based on rational thinking for if I ask why is it that we came to exist, you atheist will say By chance, but looking
at the Pyramids, they couldn't have appeared by chance, but out of a well planned out sequence. Now based on this rationalism we can also come to the reason that Life, the earth, the Galaxy and the Universe
it could have out of chance for a number the simply reason that it is well ordered the Human body is seen as a being perfect, in all we can say that it Takes an excellent planner to produce something
of such perfection. That Excellent Planner is God. what i am saying does begs the question but again it gives an indication on why God is far from being our imagination

Furthermore, Dreams remains one relm where one can conclude that there is sufficient evidence to Prove that God not only exist, but is interacting with his creatures as the Qur'an says " I shall show them
my signs in their dreams and the Furthermost regions of the earth" My question arise how is it possible for someone to dream up the future in it's clearest possible occurence? ONLY THE One who knows the
future can adequately give you the pictures of tomorrow.

Read the following

- during the formation of the earth, we learn that at some point Carbondioxide was trapped in the atmosphere, too much carbon dioixde would have made the earth too hot to be inhabitable too little would have
made the earth too cold for us to live in, which leaves with a middle course, the right amount, Pure Luck, no. An active PLANNER EXECUTING HIS WISHES

-WE HAVE JUPITER IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM, JUPITER ACTS LIKE A BIG BOUNCER, PREVENTING MOST ASTEROIDS AND COMETS FROM HIITING THE EARTH, God place Jupiter in the right position, which has saved us in earth from

-The position of the earth in the galaxy is very important as being to close to the sun would have made it imposible for us to live, being far away from the sun would have made too cold.

Gotter go

On a final note those that  say they want to see God before they believe in him, can do two things, Commit suicide or wait till the day o al Qiyamah

God is a reality based on rational thinking? NO, gods are borne out of ignorance and fear.
If you want to be rational, you won't be so certain of something you've never seen and you won't be giving credit to it.
Know one knows how life started, but you abrahamic freaks are so ready to claim the glory for your gods.
There could very well be an intelligent creator, but what makes you think it was a HE? It could very well be a female or something beyond our grasp.
The only reason god is a he is because  human males are the dominant members of the species. If females were the dominant, then god will be a woman.

Dreams are just products of your freaking brain working while you're asleep,  everyone has dreams about people they see, things that happen and things they THINK about a lot. So if you dream about god, it's because you were thinking about a god while you were awake. When I still believed in bulls#it, I had a dream about the jew once and he looked exactly how he is depicted by the Europeans. So, if you dream about mohammed(pbuh smiley bish bish allah), his face will probably be blank because he is never depicted.  But you'll probably wake up, feeling like you just spoke to god's messenger. IT WAS JUST A DREAM.  When kids have bad dreams, adults are quick to tell them it was just dream but when an adult has one, the religious nut thinks it has to do with god!!!!God really is santa claus for adults.

Ok, don't try to reconcile religion with science. It will never work. Science goes from observation to hypothesis, after which comes exhaustive testing in order to arrive at a theory.
Religion goes from observation to FACT. No hypothesis or testing required. grin

When CO2 was abundant in the earth's atmosphere, organisms like humans would not have been able to acquire oxygen in order to drive cellular respiration, it has nothing to do heat or cold.
When photoautotrophs produced enough O2, other organisms that make use of O2 started to evolve. An active planner wasn't executing HIS wishes.

Jupiter acts like a big bouncer? Lol, you know the planets do not have the same orbit around the sun, right?

But I'm sure all you religious folks still think the sun travels across the sky and goes into hiding behind mountains at night. Mohammed also owned the moon  on many occasions and was it Joshua that made the sun stand still?

The position of the earth in the galaxy is only relevant to us in this solar system. There could be other planets with living organisms in this galaxy, so maybe we are not that special.

On a final note, allah doesntexist, Jehovah doesn't exist and if the part of the quern about mohammed marrying a child is factual, then he was a craddle-robber.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
Martian:

God is a reality based on rational thinking? NO, gods are borne out of ignorance and fear.
If you want to be rational, you won't be so certain of something you've never seen and you won't be giving credit to it.
Know one knows how life started, but you abrahamic freaks are so ready to claim the glory for your gods.
There could very well be an intelligent creator, but what makes you think it was a HE? It could very well be a female or something beyond our grasp.
The only reason god is a he is because  human males are the dominant members of the species. If females were the dominant, then god will be a woman.

Dreams are just products of your freaking brain working while you're asleep,  everyone has dreams about people they see, things that happen and things they THINK about a lot. So if you dream about god, it's because you were thinking about a god while you were awake. When I still believed in bulls#it, I had a dream about the jew once and he looked exactly how he is depicted by the Europeans. So, if you dream about mohammed(pbuh smiley bish bish allah), his face will probably be blank because he is never depicted.  But you'll probably wake up, feeling like you just spoke to god's messenger. IT WAS JUST A DREAM.  When kids have bad dreams, adults are quick to tell them it was just dream but when an adult has one, the religious nut thinks it has to do with god!!!!God really is santa claus for adults.

Ok, don't try to reconcile religion with science. It will never work. Science goes from observation to hypothesis, after which comes exhaustive testing in order to arrive at a theory.
Religion goes from observation to FACT. No hypothesis or testing required. grin

When CO2 was abundant in the earth's atmosphere, organisms like humans would not have been able to acquire oxygen in order to drive cellular respiration, it has nothing to do heat or cold.
When photoautotrophs produced enough O2, other organisms that make use of O2 started to evolve. An active planner wasn't executing HIS wishes.

Jupiter acts like a big bouncer? Lol, you know the planets do not have the same orbit around the sun, right?

But I'm sure all you religious folks still think the sun travels across the sky and goes into hiding behind mountains at night. Mohammed also owned the moon  on many occasions and was it Joshua that made the sun stand still?

The position of the earth in the galaxy is only relevant to us in this solar system. There could be other planets with living organisms in this galaxy, so maybe we are not that special.

On a final note, allah doesntexist, Jehovah doesn't exist and if the part of the quern about mohammed marrying a child is factual, then he was a craddle-robber. 

Obviously, you lack self comportment to express yourself without convulsing anyway you are forgiven, can't help behaving that way since you lack morals

Now lets talk, reading your first response one would know that you have left thinking for the atheist elder's commitee, as typical of all atheist on NL you will see them write" religion is a product of fear"
this appears very dogmatic reminds me of the Vatican during the 1700, but for an atheist that sounds rather un-atheistically? hehe but on a serious note let me expose you to a story in the qur'an about Ibrahim
called Abraham- he pondered on how he came to life and came top the conclusion that there was a God, he sat in the evening and saw the moon and said that is my God, but by the morning the moon had disappear
then he said that cannot be my God, he saw the brilliant display of the sun and said that is my god, but by Night the sun had gone and he said it cannot be my God. and the story goes on "If Allah does not guide me
I will be truly lost" see how trough rational thinking he had come to the conclusion that the moon and the sun where not his God, not out of fear but out of thinking yet you are apparently programmed to say
"Out of fear and Ignorance" i pity people like you that refuse to think rather than rely on what men like yourself think, and more funny they appear to have taken the position of God dictating what you should believe.

Again where did you read that Muhammad owns the moon, pls show us.

In Islam God is not conceived as being a man nor a woman instead the use of he is just for convenience but in you haste of using your limited understanding of religion instead u use ur understanding of Christianity.

On dreams I wrote that; there is no explanation u and ur cohort can give on why People's dreams come true, not about dreaming of God as I do not know what he looks like, but again you jumped the gun as if quoting
verbatim from an atheist website.

too much CO2 would create green house effect and one thing to note is during the formation of the earth there was too much heat, excessive CO2 would have trapped this heat.

On Jupiter you need to read more often as the gravitational pull of Jupiter prevents a lot comets from hitting the earth.
http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/2521/rethinking-jupiter

The Position of the earth is very vital.

But I am not surprise as you are only Vomiting what your elders in the atheist Forum said.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
So because some ancient nomad named abraham/Ibrahim didn't know the nature of the sun and moon and decided that some invincible being called Allah is god, that why religion is not based on fear? That sounds like an illiterate trying to figure out nature without the mental capacity to do so.

Is that story in your quern too?

So god is not a man? I know you don't believe that.  Why don't you start calling your allah SHE, just for convenience.

What else do I need to understand about religion? All I need is faith and total abandon of logic.

I'm not quoting verbatim from any website, I'm not like you religious nuts who have to told what to believe and how to think.

Ok, i know about the greenhouse effect, what does that have to do with allah?

So Jupiter's gravitational pull attracts some large bodies that could be harmful to the earth, while pushing smaller bodies from the comet belt towards the inner planets. Where is your unseen god in that? Maybe SHE lives inside Jupiter.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2010
Martian:

So because some ancient nomad named abraham/Ibrahim didn't know the nature of the sun and moon and decided that some invincible being called Allah is god, that why religion is not based on fear? That sounds like an illiterate trying to figure out nature without the mental capacity to do so.
You are very funny, Ibrahim story shows you that the man did some rational thinking about God and his purpose, this puts a Lie to your initial theisis that religion is born out of fear. And for the lack of mental
capacity, you again showed what I have been thinking that your were trained to be an atheist, your atheism is born out of your resentment/fear, as if you an-martian- were to be dropped on mars, I wonder
whether you will be able to making an electric fan talk less of having the "mental capacity" to formulate scientific facts to solve your everyday problem,  as all this fruits of science we enjoy comes a long period
contributions from a wide range of generations.

Martian:

Is that story in your quern too?

Martian:

So god is not a man? I know you don't believe that.  Why don't you start calling your allah SHE, just for convenience.

From all indications you do not have an iota of understanding of what the basic theology of Islam is, as any Muslim worth his salt will tell you that ALLAH is not a man,this is the translation of suratul Iklas
1.Say: He is Allah, the One and Only
2.Allah, the Eternal, Absolute
3.He begetteth not, nor is He begotten
4.And there is none like unto Him.

Now I hope u understand what the verse " there is none like unto him" this indicates there is nothing in existence that resembles God. furthermore do you know the Jews do not concieve God as Looking Like a
man? You are using your clouded understanding of Christianity to brand other religions.

Martian link=topic=119817.msg7057439#msg7057439 date=1288626539:

What else do I need to understand about religion? All I need is faith and total abandon of logic.

Where did you get that crap from, You are the one that have abandoned Logic, as all what you have wrote appears to be some one else's idea.
Martian:

I'm not quoting verbatim from any website, I'm not like you religious nuts who have to told what to believe and how to think.

Neither am I like any atheist nut you know, but from all indication you have showed how "Logical" you can be, as you rely on other atheist Ideas to understand what atheism is about.
One thing I have noted about atheist in NL, 90% of them are atheist not based on any rational thinking but out of frustration and despair, Probably out many of life trouble.

Martian:

Ok, i know about the greenhouse effect, what does that have to do with allah?

If you took time to understand what I wrote, leaving the occurrence of the universe to chance is one of the most ridiculous idea man have thought about, My indications where simple, the formation of the earth and its
position in relation to the viability of our planet couldn't have been by chance as from all indication there is clearly a master plan that have made these arrangement both in quantity of  'substance' and position of earth.
Martian:

So Jupiter's gravitational pull attracts some large bodies that could be harmful to the earth, while pushing smaller bodies from the comet belt towards the inner planets. Where is your unseen god in that? Maybe SHE lives inside Jupiter.

The unseen God is in Heaven if you could Just Jump off a cliff, one of his messengers(angels) would take you to the great beyond, but pls do not try this at home or near a mountain, like I said Everything is clearly an arrangement
which ALLAH has made to His Plan.

Remember you made a claim that Muhammad owns the moon, pls prove your claim or is it one of the many Fictions you atheist create to fool one another.

Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2010
vedaxcool:

You are very funny, Ibrahim story shows you that the man did some rational thinking about God and his purpose, this puts a Lie to your initial theisis that religion is born out of fear. And for the lack of mental
capacity, you again showed what I have been thinking that your were trained to be an atheist, your atheism is born out of your resentment/fear, as if you an-martian- were to be dropped on mars, I wonder
whether you will be able to making an electric fan talk less of having the "mental capacity" to formulate scientific facts to solve your everyday problem,  as all this fruits of science we enjoy comes a long period
contributions from a wide range of generations.

Where did you get that crap from, You are the one that have abandoned Logic, as all what you have wrote appears to be some one else's idea.
Neither am I like any atheist nut you know, but from all indication you have showed how "Logical" you can be, as you rely on other atheist Ideas to understand what atheism is about.
One thing I have noted about atheist in NL, 90% of them are atheist not based on any rational thinking but out of frustration and despair, Probably out many of life trouble.

If you took time to understand what I wrote, leaving the occurrence of the universe to chance is one of the most ridiculous idea man have thought about, My indications where simple, the formation of the earth and its
position in relation to the viability of our planet couldn't have been by chance as from all indication there is clearly a master plan that have made these arrangement both in quantity of  'substance' and position of earth.The unseen God is in Heaven if you could Just Jump off a cliff, one of his messengers(angels) would take you to the great beyond, but pls do not try this at home or near a mountain, like I said Everything is clearly an arrangement
which ALLAH has made to His Plan.

Remember you made a claim that Muhammad owns the moon, pls prove your claim or is it one of the many Fictions you atheist create to fool one another.

I meant quran, not quern. You know, the book of bullshit some silly africans base their lives on.

I didn't mean that he literally owned the moon, I meant to ask if he isn't believed to have split the moon in two.
Bla bla bla Allah, I'm not going to keep going back with another religious Arab coon. You will keep introducing your u seen god into discussions about logic and science and that's just fine. Lol

If we agree on scientific theories or observations, you will still find  a way to fill in the gaps with your unseen friend. That's called delusion, but I know you won't agree. Black Muslims and black Christians, I don't know who makes my skin crawl the most.

Because you are fed bs by your unseen friend and her alleged holybook doesn't mean I was trained to be an atheist in a similar way.  Islam needs faith, all you need to shed that arab slave mentality is some common sense.

If I jumped off a cliff, gravity will do it's job and I'll be dead,  cheesy I'm not in a hurry to die, I have only this one life.
But why don't you climb on top of your house and let's see the power of allah defy gravity, dumb Muslim spook.

Also, I thought the so called Ibrahim's correct name is Abraham. So who's myth is it, the Jews or the Arabs?
Re: Please Answer This! by manmustwac(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2010
no matter how they talk reach which ever god you worship will depend on which religion you were born into. For example if you were born and raised in burma you will not only be spesking thier language and eating their traditional food you will be worshipping bhuddah or whatever god they worship. If it was saudi arabia then you'll be speaking arabic and worshipping allah, if you were born over 3000 years ago in greece then it could have been zeus or hades born in nigeria then most like likely christianity or islam which were both imported by our colonial masters or spread from north africa. All these theists are really doing is defending the religion they were programmed to believe.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 2:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
manmustwac:

no matter how they talk reach which ever god you worship will depend on which religion you were born into. For example if you were born and raised in burma you will not only be spesking thier language and eating their traditional food you will be worshipping bhuddah or whatever god they worship. If it was saudi arabia then you'll be speaking arabic and worshipping allah, if you were born over 3000 years ago in greece then it could have been zeus or hades born in nigeria then most like likely christianity or islam which were both imported by our colonial masters or spread from north africa. All these theists are really doing is defending the religion they were programmed to believe.

I did not know the British were Muslim during the colonial period, Pls you atheist need to read more often rather than make expensive propaganda, like i said u are trained atheist, ur atheism is not a product of your thinking but out of frustrations you faced. Like I maintained, all you(with other atheist) wrote seems to be from the atheist elders committee, as you atheist are ALL PROGRAMMED TO CLAIM "ALL THEIST ARE PROGRAMMED|" "ALL RELIGION ARE A PRODUCT OF FEAR AND IGNORANCE" BUT YET YOU ATHEIST CONDITION IS MORE PITIABLE AS YOU HAVE ALSO FELL PRAY TO COLONIAL HANG OVERS, NO! THE ATHEISM YOU TALK ABOUT DOES IT HAVE ITS ROOTS IN AFRICA OR COLONIAL IMPORT FROM YOUR godfather Wole?, as they are many people who converted from one religion to another in their search for truth,but again you use irrational methods to arrive at a conclusion by claiming all theist are programmed to be in a religion what about the convert, I laugh at your "Logic" it is very faulty and over generalizing working by trend rather than by logic, for a person that is suppose to be rational in his approach to doing things, you seem to use Irritable Irrationality. Do have a pleasant day

Martian:

I meant quran, not quern. You know, the book of bullshit some silly africans base their lives on.

I didn't mean that he literally owned the moon, I meant to ask if he isn't believed to have split the moon in two.
Bla bla bla Allah, I'm not going to keep going back with another religious Arab coon. You will keep introducing your u seen god into discussions about logic and science and that's just fine. Lol

If we agree on scientific theories or observations, you will still find  a way to fill in the gaps with your unseen friend. That's called delusion, but I know you won't agree. Black Muslims and black Christians, I don't know who makes my skin crawl the most.

Because you are fed bs by your unseen friend and her alleged holybook doesn't mean I was trained to be an atheist in a similar way.  Islam needs faith, all you need to shed that arab slave mentality is some common sense.

If I jumped off a cliff, gravity will do it's job and I'll be dead,  cheesy I'm not in a hurry to die, I have only this one life.
But why don't you climb on top of your house and let's see the power of allah defy gravity, dumb Muslim spook.

Also, I thought the so called Ibrahim's correct name is Abraham. So who's myth is it, the Jews or the Arabs?

You didn't mean he owned the moon literally? Gush and u are suppose to be writing in English not in meanings, any way let me allow u escape as we all know that you severelly being brain washed to believe in atheism. now on Muhammad splitting the moon, there are numerous explanations one can give to this, but one should be sufficient to the wise, It is very possible that moon appeared split to those that gazed upon it but not the actual moon splitting, Just like in the battle between the Prophet and the Pagans, ALLAH made the Muslims appear more in Number than the Pagans when in fact they were less. But when one is fishing for trouble you need not to go far, you will find one in the corner.

some statement you made appear more enigmatic than John 3:16 and even more Incoherent than Godlucks whispering, but going further you said if you Jump off a cliff gravity will do its work, you were merely repeating what I wrote, " You find yourself in the Great beyond" which I advised you against doing, Furthermore I won't think of Jumping off a cliff in the belief ALLAH will save me, as I ALLAH does not guide the foolish, it will be foolishness to Jump off a cliff( something common with atheist) and expect ALLAH to intervene, in Islam we are told to invite the disbelievers with reason not the foolishness you advocate, as Muslims rely more reason than Miracles to invite people, that is the chief reason Muhammad PBUH wasn't into the miracle working Business as our christian Brothers usually advocate.

Poor you, Ibrahim is the Arabic equivalent of the name Abraham, but again you showed irrational reasoning in your argument which exposes you more to my claims that your godlessness is borne out of fear/Ignorance and resentment. Do have a pleasant day.
Re: Please Answer This! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ok vedaxcool, whatever you say. And I hope hope you see ur precious unseen allah soon in the great beyond.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^^^^^^
Ok, I know you will Know the truth in the great beyond but I pray ALLAH Illuminates your heart and others in your category with his signs and direct you to all truth. Amin
Re: Please Answer This! by restov: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2010
This seems to be an argument between civilised and uncivilised people. Civilised people accept things based on reason, rational and fairplay. Uncivilised people accepts stuff based on faith, dogma, magic etc.

Uncivilised people can learn to read and quote from only one book. Civilised people quote from several books and references.

Uncivilised people think God wrote their favourite book. Smart people realise that only humans author books. Printing press was invented only in recent past. The issue of God is not about the issue of the existence of an absolute being. It is an issue of what primitive religions have to say to intimidate, influence and control the lifes of innocent people.

For me, religion is a big superstition! As a child I learnt of many interesting and hurrifying superstitions. Over time I realise they are all a ruse. No superstition is less superstitious than others.

I agree with religious people that God exists. Humans couldtn have emerged from nowhere. So God created man. A child could ask. Who created God? The answer is not far cos I know it. God was created by religion.

Why do people fight and kill themselves over God. Truth is that they arent fighting to defend God but to defend their religion. Religion gives man influence over others. This is why organised religion will be the last superstition standing and will take a while more to disappear from the face of this earth. I give them a hundered years.
Re: Please Answer This! by Jenwitemi(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2010
You just hit the nail in the head there, restov. It is all powerplay driven by an egos running riot. Which is why religions will always remain very dangerous. We witness a lot of this powerplay thing going on on here.
restov:

Why do people fight and kill themselves over God. Truth is that they arent fighting to defend God but to defend their religion. Religion gives man influence over others. This is why relivion will take a while more to disappear from the face of this earth. I give them a hundered years.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2010
vedaxcool:

I did not know the British were Muslim during the colonial period, Pls you atheist need to read more often rather than make expensive propaganda, like i said u are trained atheist, your atheism is not a product of your thinking but out of frustrations you faced. [size=28pt]Like I maintained, all you(with other atheist) wrote seems to be from the atheist elders committee, as you atheist are ALL PROGRAMMED TO CLAIM "ALL THEIST ARE PROGRAMMED|" "ALL RELIGION ARE A PRODUCT OF FEAR AND IGNORANCE" BUT YET YOU ATHEIST CONDITION IS MORE PITIABLE AS YOU HAVE ALSO FELL PRAY TO COLONIAL HANG OVERS[/size], NO! THE ATHEISM YOU TALK ABOUT DOES IT HAVE ITS ROOTS IN AFRICA OR COLONIAL IMPORT FROM YOUR godfather Wole?, as they are many people who converted from one religion to another in their search for truth,[size=28pt]but again you use irrational methods to arrive at a conclusion by claiming all theist are programmed to be in a religion what about the convert, I laugh at your "Logic" it is very faulty and over generalizing working by trend rather than by logic, for a person that is suppose to be rational in his approach to doing things, you seem to use Irritable Irrationality. Do have a pleasant day
[/size]

[size=28pt]some statement you made appear more enigmatic than John 3:16 and even more Incoherent than Godlucks whispering, but going further you said if you Jump off a cliff gravity will do its work, you were merely repeating what I wrote, " You find yourself in the Great beyond" which I advised you against doing, Furthermore I won't think of Jumping off a cliff in the belief ALLAH will save me, as I ALLAH does not guide the foolish, it will be foolishness to Jump off a cliff( something common with atheist) and expect ALLAH to intervene, in Islam we are told to invite the disbelievers with reason not the foolishness you advocate, as Muslims rely more reason than Miracles to invite people, that is the chief reason Muhammad PBUH wasn't into the miracle working Business as our christian Brothers usually advocate.[/size]

Poor you, Ibrahim is the Arabic equivalent of the name Abraham, but again you showed irrational reasoning in your argument which exposes you more to my claims that your godlessness is borne out of fear/Ignorance and resentment. Do have a pleasant day.

Re: Please Answer This! by nferyn(m): 1:49am On Nov 23, 2010
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence
(Ch. Hitchens)
Re: Please Answer This! by IDINRETE: 2:06am On Nov 23, 2010
nferyn:

(Ch. Hitchens)

nferyn where have you been?
Re: Please Answer This! by manmustwac(m): 1:36am On Nov 24, 2010
vedaxcool:

I did not know the British were Muslim during the colonial period,
where did i say that? what i meant was christianity was bought to us by our colonial masters and islam spread from north africa to west africa

vedaxcool:

like i said u are trained atheist, your atheism is not a product of your thinking but out of frustrations you faced.
Who da hell are you to tell me that am a trained atheist. Do you even know me? Am a british born and bred nigerian male who has been an atheist for over 20 years.

I just told myself oneday (while thinking about how us humans came into existance) in church that an old man saying let there be light and light just appearing sounded like a fairytale and found evolution easier to believe. Because tyranosaurus and stegosauria (which are dinosaurs) could not fit into the creation story but do fit into the theory of evolution.

vedaxcool:

Like I maintained, all you(with other atheist) wrote seems to be from the atheist elders committee, as you atheist are

Your being ridiculous. There is no such thing as an atheist elders comittee with wole soyinka as head. But am sure there is an humanist society somewhere in nigeria.

vedaxcool:

ALL PROGRAMMED TO CLAIM "ALL THEIST ARE PROGRAMMED|" "ALL RELIGION ARE A PRODUCT OF FEAR AND IGNORANCE" BUT YET YOU ATHEIST CONDITION IS MORE PITIABLE AS YOU HAVE ALSO FELL PRAY TO COLONIAL HANG OVERS, NO! THE ATHEISM YOU TALK ABOUT DOES IT HAVE ITS ROOTS IN AFRICA OR COLONIAL IMPORT FROM YOUR godfather Wole?,
Aren't you PROGRAMMED to believe that Islam is the right PROGRAM and christianity the wrong PROGRAM. Isn't the christian PROGRAMMED to believe that christianity is the right PROGAM and that islam is the wrong PROGRAM. The atheist who once was once PROGAMMED to believe in islam christianity etc but uses reason and rational enquiry to reject dogma is not PROGRAMMED but is a freethinker.

vedaxcool:

as they are many people who converted from one religion to another in their search for truth,but again you use irrational methods to arrive at a conclusion by claiming all theist are programmed to be in a religion what about the convert, I laugh at your "Logic" it is very faulty and over generalizing working by trend rather than by logic, for a person that is suppose to be rational in his approach to doing things, you seem to use Irritable Irrationality. Do have a pleasant day
Its not common for a christian to convert to islam or someone born into islam to convert to christianity etc. Most people stick to the religion they were born into.
Re: Please Answer This! by Rhino4dm: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2010
^^ so manmustwack can equally get angry.
But would you have been an atheist if you were to be in nigeria? ? You didnt just became an atheist miraclously/magically/scientifically over night. You did some research and reasoning based on the works of some past generational atheist and in turn you get PROGRAMMED grin grin grin
and get converted. Abi no be so? ?
Re: Please Answer This! by UyiIredia(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
manmustwac:

where did i say that? what i meant was christianity was bought to us by our colonial masters and islam spread from north africa to west africa
Who da hell are you to tell me that am a trained atheist. Do you even know me? Am a british born and bred nigerian male who has been an atheist for over 20 years. *1

I just told myself oneday (while thinking about how us humans came into existance) in church that an old man saying let there be light and light just appearing sounded like a fairytale and found evolution easier to believe. Because tyranosaurus and stegosauria (which are dinosaurs) could not fit into the creation story  but do fit into the theory of evolution.*2

Your being ridiculous. There is no such thing as an atheist elders comittee with wole soyinka as head. But am sure there is an humanist society somewhere in nigeria.
Aren't you PROGRAMMED to believe that Islam is the right PROGRAM and christianity the wrong PROGRAM. Isn't the christian PROGRAMMED to believe that christianity is the right PROGAM and that islam is the wrong PROGRAM. The atheist who once was once PROGAMMED  to believe in islam christianity etc but uses reason and rational enquiry to reject dogma is not PROGRAMMED but is a freethinker.
Its not common for a christian to convert to islam or someone born into islam to convert to christianity etc. Most people stick to the religion they were born into.

*1 >>>  shocked 20 years *i ain't even 20 yet* >>> forget it >>> you are a trained atheist >>> one that has long been in the ranks

*2 >>> from one fairy tale to another fairy tale >>> i thought as much >>> your post confirms that your mentality equates to that of a chimpanzee

*3 >>> i agree with all the programming stuff >>> which is why I'm disillusioned with organized Christianity >>> at the moment >>> however it seems a virus affected your own programming >>> BTW why is an atheist a freethinker ? >>> i am of the opinion that the term is misleading
Re: Please Answer This! by Mudley313: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2010
people deprogrammed from religious indoctrinations = are programmed

people who are anti-religious = are religious

all dis christian pipole una nor go kill person grin. what sad and pathetic acts of desperation. i bet the word oxymoron is not in the christians dictionary even though i can understand the christians infatuation with the utterly absurd

like someone said in the other thread, they are like someone with a disease trying to feel better about themselves by accusing others who obviously don't of having same. i laff in guapanese
Re: Please Answer This! by Gamine(f): 12:23am On Nov 25, 2010
'Trained Atheist'
Never heard this before
Re: Please Answer This! by Rhino4dm: 7:49am On Nov 25, 2010
I all i see is futile effort by atheist to deny thier real. We sre outside the box and we can see better. Try and get your self De-programmed.
Re: Please Answer This! by Rhino4dm: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2010
Have you ever come across a mad man that accept being mad? Nah! They always claim to be in sound mental health. This is what i see with all the above ranting from atheist trying to justify the unjustifiable. Keep on keeping on . . .
Re: Please Answer This! by aletheia(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2010
^^
@Rhino.4dm: please don't be offended, I thought you were an atheist?
Re: Please Answer This! by Rhino4dm: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2010
^^ No! God forbid! Tufiaaaaakwa!grin grin grin

With everything am seeing in this world live, how can i be an atheist? Accidents always tends to result in destruction and not perfection thus this world does not/cannot be by accident. Way to go fella.

Only a fool in his heart will say there is not God.
Re: Please Answer This! by vedaxcool(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2010
manmustwac:

Oh, Probably did not see all you wrote, but really so what were you trying to prove? by saying it spread from north Africa? Kuku say that Harmatan Spreads from North frica to west Africa then you would have made sense.

manmustwac link=topic=119817.msg7204873#msg7204873 date=1290558973:

Who da hell are you to tell me that am a trained atheist. Do you even know me? Am a british born and bred nigerian male who has been an atheist for over 20 years.

You are a trained atheist because you are not showing low form of independent and rational thinking, and from every indication you are spewing out what you atheist boss thought u.

[quote author=manmustwac link=topic=119817.msg7204873#msg7204873 date=1290558973]
I just told myself oneday (while thinking about how us humans came into existance) in church that an old man saying let there be light and light just appearing sounded like a fairytale and found evolution easier to believe. Because tyranosaurus and stegosauria (which are dinosaurs) could not fit into the creation story but do fit into the theory of evolution.

Though not holding brief for the biblical story but have you ever entered a house that is lit by the clap of a hand? now that to any lay man is very strange but to the informed it is a "normal" thing. Now again have you ever examine the argument of other religion to know whether they all use the let there be light clause in their doctrine, that is what makes you a mere copyist of the atheist committees' doctrine. On evolution again you showed why you are not being rational, it remains a theory with no conclusive proof, I thought atheist accepted only things based on reality, not suppositions and assumptions?

[quote author=manmustwac link=topic=119817.msg7204873#msg7204873 date=1290558973]

It is figurative, i guess u understand what I mean, you all follow some old atheist dude's thinking.

Aren't you PROGRAMMED to believe that Islam is the right PROGRAM and christianity the wrong PROGRAM. Isn't the christian PROGRAMMED to believe that christianity is the right PROGAM and that islam is the wrong PROGRAM. The atheist who once was once PROGAMMED to believe in islam christianity etc but uses reason and rational enquiry to reject dogma is not PROGRAMMED but is a freethinker.

I have examined my faith to an extent and found its' doctrine very sensible and truthful, in addition questions I have about my faith has been answered to correctly, even as a child I found certain aspect of my faith to have question marks but as an adult this questions I have researched and gotten answers that are acdeptable to me. Again you spewed the same garbage that because one is born into a faith then he follows it uncritically. Again for the mere facts that they are converts from one religion to another disproves your points that people are programmed into a particular faith.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Re: Please Answer This! by aquastar(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
guys grow up please. some people believe in god, some people don't. some people believe in allah, some in buddha, some in jesus etc even those who believe in god do not agree on who he is and how he can be reached. at the end of the day, no one really knows.

that said, if death is truly the end, atheists unfortunately wont get to say 'ï told you so'.
Re: Please Answer This! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
God exists definitely, but not the Christian/Muslim GOD of religion (He does not exist) tongue
Re: Please Answer This! by manmustwac(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
Rhino.4dm:

^^ so manmustwack can equally get angry.
Yeah i guess its human nature.  smiley

Rhino.4dm:

But would you have been an atheist if you were to be in nigeria?
I agree with you. Scroll up and read what i said in post 40

Rhino.4dm:

? You didnt just became an atheist miraclously/magically/scientifically over night. You did some research and  reasoning based on the works of some past generational atheist and in turn you get PROGRAMMED grin grin grin
and get converted. Abi no be so? ?
NO! i did some reasoning and research then came to the conclusion that no god exists. After that i learnt the word for someone like me was called an atheist.

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence

Christopher Hitchens
Re: Please Answer This! by manmustwac(m): 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

*1 >>>  shocked 20 years *i ain't even 20 yet* >>> forget it >>> you are a trained atheist >>> one that has long been in the ranks
How am i a trained atheist who trained me?

Uyi Iredia:

*2 >>> from one fairy tale to another fairy tale >>> i thought as much >>> your post confirms that your mentality equates to that of a chimpanzee
Please tell me about the fairytale that you believe in then and why you  called me a chimpanzee?

Uyi Iredia:

*3 >>> i agree with all the programming stuff >>> which is why I'm disillusioned with organized Christianity >>> at the moment >>> however it seems a virus affected your own programming >>> BTW why is an atheist a freethinker ? >>> i am of the opinion that the term is misleading
well you would find it misleading wouldn't you? because it dosen't fit into what you were programmed to believe abi? grin A freethinker is a person who forms opinions about religion on the basis of sound reasoning, independently of tradition, authority, dogma, indoctrination or established belief. Freethinkers include atheists, agnostics and rationalists.
Re: Please Answer This! by Rhino4dm: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
manmustwac:

Yeah i guess its human nature.  smiley
smiley smiley

I agree with you. Scroll up and read what i said in post 40

^^can we not equally say that you are of your a product environment? I have seen in an uncountable times people switching over faith and belief.

NO! i did some reasoning and research then came to the conclusion that no god exists. After that i learnt the word for someone like me was called an atheist.

Your conclusion was based on what? Can you present those parameters here so that we can examine them? I just think we are all floating in thesame ocean. . . . Believing without concrete proof.

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence

Christopher Hitchens

but rhino sees the above quote as otherway i.e what can be dismissed without evidence can also be asserterd without evidence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Treament Of Women Before Islam And Lies Spread By Islam. / Is This How You Observe The Shabbath? / Pope Francis Is Proving To Have An Anti-christ Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.